IRC log of gld on 2013-01-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:00:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
15:00:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-gld-irc
15:00:29 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:00:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #gld
15:00:31 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be GLD
15:00:31 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
15:00:32 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
15:00:32 [trackbot]
Date: 24 January 2013
15:00:49 [Zakim]
+davidwood
15:00:52 [bhyland]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130124
15:01:02 [BenediktKaempgen]
zakim, who is here?
15:01:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, biplav, ??P16, davidwood
15:01:03 [bhyland]
zakim, davidwood is me
15:01:03 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, jpalmeida, gatemezi, Biplav, BenediktKaempgen, HadleyBeeman, bhyland, danbri, trackbot, sandro
15:01:04 [Zakim]
+bhyland; got it
15:01:08 [Zakim]
+Deirdre
15:01:27 [BenediktKaempgen]
zakim, ??P16 is me
15:01:27 [Zakim]
+BenediktKaempgen; got it
15:01:30 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
15:01:36 [Zakim]
+ +33.4.93.00.aaaa
15:01:50 [Zakim]
+cygri
15:01:54 [DeirdreLee]
DeirdreLee has joined #gld
15:03:07 [bhyland]
zakim, is on the call?
15:03:07 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, bhyland.
15:03:15 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:03:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, biplav, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, Deirdre, gatemezi, cygri
15:03:31 [Zakim]
+Sandro
15:03:58 [agipap]
agipap has joined #gld
15:04:10 [bhyland]
Propose to accept last week's minutes http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2013-01-17
15:04:15 [Zakim]
+??P29
15:04:32 [BenediktKaempgen]
Scribe: BenediktKaempgen
15:04:35 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, who is talking?
15:04:37 [bhyland]
chair: Bernadette
15:04:38 [BenediktKaempgen]
Topic: Last Call
15:04:46 [Zakim]
HadleyBeeman, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: gatemezi (24%), bhyland (42%)
15:04:50 [jpalmeida]
jpalmeida
15:04:52 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:04:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, biplav, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, Deirdre, gatemezi, cygri, Sandro, ??P29
15:05:09 [jpalmeida]
ipcaller is jpalmeida
15:05:10 [Zakim]
+Mike_Pendleton
15:05:12 [BenediktKaempgen]
Meeting: GLD-WG telecon 24 Jan 2013
15:05:19 [jpalmeida]
Joao Paulo
15:05:33 [cygri]
zakim, ??P29 is jpalmeida
15:05:34 [Zakim]
+jpalmeida; got it
15:05:36 [Mike_Pendleton]
Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld
15:05:38 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:05:47 [bhyland]
zakim, ??P29 is jpalmeida
15:05:47 [Zakim]
I already had ??P29 as jpalmeida, bhyland
15:06:11 [BenediktKaempgen]
jean paul: I raised some issues about org ontology
15:06:14 [agipap]
zakim, ipcaller is me
15:06:14 [Zakim]
+agipap; got it
15:06:26 [BenediktKaempgen]
Chair: Bernadette
15:06:46 [bhyland]
New members to the WG include:
15:06:46 [bhyland]
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
15:08:39 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: we have still new people joining, e.g., in December. Welcome!
15:08:49 [bhyland]
+1
15:08:52 [BenediktKaempgen]
Topic: Approve Minutes
15:08:53 [Biplav]
+1
15:08:54 [BenediktKaempgen]
+1
15:08:57 [Mike_Pendleton]
+1
15:09:08 [BenediktKaempgen]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130124
15:09:09 [jpalmeida]
I was not present but have read and agree
15:09:11 [jpalmeida]
+1
15:09:41 [bhyland]
Topic: Best PRactices
15:09:42 [bhyland]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/index.html
15:09:49 [BenediktKaempgen]
Resolved: accepted minutes
15:10:23 [Mike_Pendleton]
I would like to support editing it
15:10:30 [Biplav]
I can help edit
15:10:32 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: if someone would like to add something to bp document, please speak up
15:10:33 [Makx]
Makx has joined #gld
15:10:34 [jpalmeida]
We will review to see whether we can contribute
15:10:40 [bhyland]
q?
15:12:07 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: will hopefully still input some information about a real-world example
15:12:18 [BenediktKaempgen]
Topic: Glossary
15:12:32 [bhyland]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/glossary/index.html
15:12:46 [TallTed]
TallTed has joined #gld
15:12:52 [cygri]
q+
15:13:07 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: please e-mail me if you have any comments.
15:13:33 [BenediktKaempgen]
cygri: what is the plan with the glossary after the wg comes to an end?
15:13:38 [Makx]
hi all, i am on IRC but can't get a voice connection. problem on my end so it seems. working on it.
15:13:45 [Mike_Pendleton]
q+
15:13:54 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: we were discussing it months ago whether to publish a wg note or wiki.
15:14:33 [Zakim]
+OpenLink_Software
15:14:45 [BenediktKaempgen]
Sandro: We discussed to pubish it as a wg note so that it can be taken over by another wg afterwards.
15:14:52 [TallTed]
Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
15:14:52 [Zakim]
+TallTed; got it
15:14:54 [TallTed]
Zakim, mute me
15:14:54 [Zakim]
TallTed should now be muted
15:15:40 [BenediktKaempgen]
ACTION: Bhyland to Check back with W3C people about Glossary issue
15:15:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-95 - Check back with W3C people about Glossary issue [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2013-01-31].
15:16:03 [BenediktKaempgen]
@bhyland: is that action fine?
15:16:27 [BenediktKaempgen]
Topic: DCAT
15:16:38 [Zakim]
-gatemezi
15:16:43 [BenediktKaempgen]
cygri: will check back with fadi
15:16:49 [makx]
makx has joined #gld
15:16:57 [bhyland]
q?
15:18:00 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: feels that we are close with DCAT and suggests to get it out to the next step (last call) rather soon
15:18:42 [HadleyBeeman]
+1 to having only one glossary
15:19:03 [BenediktKaempgen]
mike_Pendleton: How about putting it into one bigger glossary and simply point to it from other sources?
15:19:04 [TallTed]
TallTed has changed the topic to: Govt Linked Data WG - http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/ - Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130124
15:19:28 [Zakim]
-jpalmeida
15:20:03 [Zakim]
+ +3858514aabb
15:20:29 [Zakim]
+??P29
15:20:30 [TallTed]
Zakim, who's noisy?
15:20:40 [jpalmeida]
??P29 is jpalmeida
15:20:41 [Zakim]
TallTed, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
15:20:43 [BenediktKaempgen]
Topic: F2F
15:20:50 [BenediktKaempgen]
+q
15:21:07 [TallTed]
Zakim, who's here?
15:21:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, biplav, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, Deirdre, cygri, Sandro, Mike_Pendleton, agipap, TallTed (muted), +3858514aabb, ??P29
15:21:10 [Zakim]
On IRC I see makx, TallTed, Mike_Pendleton, agipap, DeirdreLee, cygri, Zakim, RRSAgent, jpalmeida, gatemezi, Biplav, BenediktKaempgen, HadleyBeeman, bhyland, danbri, trackbot,
15:21:10 [Zakim]
... sandro
15:21:18 [BenediktKaempgen]
* sorry, I do not understand well due to noise
15:21:23 [Zakim]
- +3858514aabb
15:22:02 [Zakim]
+ +8561729aacc
15:22:12 [makx]
should be me
15:22:21 [makx]
having bad line today
15:22:33 [TallTed]
Zakim, aacc is makx
15:22:33 [Zakim]
+makx; got it
15:22:38 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: will create f2f wiki page asap
15:22:51 [TallTed]
Zakim, ??p29 is jpalmeida
15:22:52 [Zakim]
+jpalmeida; got it
15:22:57 [bhyland]
Topic: http://www.data-forum.eu/
15:23:02 [bhyland]
EU Data Forum
15:23:21 [DeirdreLee]
updated url: http://2013.data-forum.eu/
15:23:26 [makx]
I will not be in Dublin
15:23:31 [makx]
for EDF
15:24:12 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: hope it is clear that we are doing the f2f just before or after the EDF.
15:24:23 [bhyland]
Deirdre is organizing our venue in Dublin …
15:25:05 [gatemezi]
@Deirdre: what is the difference between the 2 links?
15:25:10 [BenediktKaempgen]
DeirdreLee: To held the f2f at the same place at the EDF, that may be much more expensive than to do it somewhere else in Dublin
15:25:51 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: the poll showed that the day after the EDF would be best
15:26:09 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: up for discussion whether to meet for one or two days f2f
15:26:15 [HadleyBeeman]
If we have two days, we could look at actually working together, rather than just reviewing progress? (If that would be helpful?)
15:26:43 [BenediktKaempgen]
DeirdreLee: On the webiste of EDF, you also find information about hotels etc.
15:26:51 [bhyland]
Encourage everyone to register for the EU Data Forum asap, it is free. Seee http://2013.data-forum.eu/
15:27:15 [Zakim]
+gatemezi
15:27:54 [BenediktKaempgen]
ACTION: DeirdreLee to Find venue for f2f on 11 and/or 12 April 2013 in Dublin
15:27:54 [trackbot]
Error finding 'DeirdreLee'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/users>.
15:28:10 [bhyland]
Calls for contribution, see http://2013.data-forum.eu/news/european-data-forum-2013-call-contribution
15:28:16 [bhyland]
Not a conference per se.
15:28:26 [Yigal]
Yigal has joined #gld
15:28:29 [bhyland]
Please contribute research topics & use cases
15:28:45 [bhyland]
Some invited experts from industry are included in the agenda
15:28:56 [bhyland]
Open data, linked data, etc are all topics.
15:29:22 [bhyland]
Prime Minister of Ireland and Vice President of EU Commission will be opening the conference
15:29:49 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:29:52 [bhyland]
FYR:
15:29:53 [bhyland]
Further Information about the European Data Forum
15:29:53 [bhyland]
EDF2013 website: http://2013.data-forum.eu/
15:29:53 [bhyland]
Overall EDF website: http://www.data-forum.eu/
15:29:53 [bhyland]
LinkedIn Group: http://bit.ly/linkedin-EDF
15:29:53 [bhyland]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#%21/EUDataForum
15:29:53 [bhyland]
hashtag: #EDF2013
15:30:01 [Yigal]
zakim, IPcaller is me
15:30:01 [Zakim]
+Yigal; got it
15:30:07 [bhyland]
Companies will be showcasing apps
15:30:10 [BenediktKaempgen]
DeirdreLee: Will be lot of invited speakers (e.g., industry and academia) and call for contributions (mainl on Big Data up-take, Big Data challenges, Linked Data, of course...). Vice President of EC commission Neely Kroes is invited.
15:30:25 [bhyland]
Q) Anyone interested in a GLD WG presentation??
15:30:46 [HadleyBeeman]
Sure, I think that would be useful
15:30:49 [DeirdreLee]
Call for Contributions: http://2013.data-forum.eu/news/european-data-forum-2013-call-contribution
15:30:57 [BenediktKaempgen]
DeirdreLee: Encourages everyone to show LD deployments. Also, GLD could present their results.
15:31:03 [gatemezi]
+1 for haaving a presentation of GLD WG during the meeting
15:31:44 [BenediktKaempgen]
Sandro: Great opportunity for GLD stakeholder meeting. Invite people to a meeting, receive feedback from them.
15:32:00 [tinagheen]
tinagheen has joined #gld
15:32:03 [Zakim]
+[LC]
15:32:08 [BenediktKaempgen]
Sandro: discussions about issues and deliverables.
15:32:12 [tinagheen]
Zakim, [LC] is me
15:32:12 [Zakim]
+tinagheen; got it
15:33:10 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: will send an email to contribute to GLD presentation at EDF with demonstrations, deployments, lessons learned...
15:33:28 [BenediktKaempgen]
s/will send an email/will send an email to GLD group
15:33:35 [DeirdreLee]
Q+
15:33:46 [BenediktKaempgen]
Sandro: In particular QB could be interesting.
15:34:27 [bhyland]
Bern: Shouldn't we reach out to the CKAN/OKF people on this conference & confirm someone is attending ...
15:34:32 [BenediktKaempgen]
DeirdreLee: bear in mind that many people at EDF might not have a high technical background
15:35:45 [Zakim]
-jpalmeida
15:36:10 [bhyland]
q?
15:36:16 [cygri]
ack me
15:36:18 [bhyland]
ack cygri
15:36:19 [DeirdreLee]
q-
15:36:23 [bhyland]
ack Mike_Pendleton
15:36:29 [DeirdreLee]
ack deirdrelee
15:36:34 [Biplav]
q+
15:36:35 [bhyland]
ack BenediktKaempgen
15:36:36 [Zakim]
+??P0
15:36:44 [jpalmeida]
zakim, +??P0 is jpalmeida
15:36:44 [Zakim]
sorry, jpalmeida, I do not recognize a party named '+??P0'
15:36:58 [jpalmeida]
Zakim, who is on the call?
15:36:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, biplav, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, Deirdre, cygri, Sandro, Mike_Pendleton, agipap, TallTed (muted), makx, gatemezi, Yigal, tinagheen, ??P0
15:37:11 [jpalmeida]
Zakim, ??P0 is jpalmeida
15:37:11 [Zakim]
+jpalmeida; got it
15:37:52 [jpalmeida]
Joao Paulo
15:38:02 [BenediktKaempgen]
Benedikt: Sorry, cannot make the F2F or EDF in person but try to logon via remote call.
15:38:27 [bhyland]
q?
15:38:33 [jpalmeida]
I was not on the queu
15:38:34 [jpalmeida]
e
15:38:48 [bhyland]
Topic: data.gov.in
15:39:15 [BenediktKaempgen]
Biplav: they are publishing data and are looking for scenarios around which people can create applications.
15:40:48 [BenediktKaempgen]
.. it would be nice to hear from best practices, e.g., from data.gov.uk, about Governement Linked Open Data applications.
15:41:11 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: encourages biplav to reach out to data.gov.uk people
15:42:43 [BenediktKaempgen]
Biplav: asking for more general application patterns
15:44:01 [bhyland]
q?
15:44:09 [bhyland]
ack Biplav
15:45:24 [bhyland]
adjourned
15:45:35 [makx]
bye talk to you all next week
15:45:43 [jpalmeida]
thx, bye
15:45:43 [Biplav]
Thanks
15:45:46 [Zakim]
-HadleyBeeman
15:45:47 [Zakim]
-Mike_Pendleton
15:45:47 [Zakim]
-TallTed
15:45:48 [Zakim]
-cygri
15:45:48 [Zakim]
-bhyland
15:45:48 [Zakim]
-Deirdre
15:45:49 [Zakim]
-makx
15:45:49 [Zakim]
-tinagheen
15:45:49 [Zakim]
-Yigal
15:45:51 [Zakim]
-gatemezi
15:45:51 [Zakim]
-Sandro
15:45:51 [Zakim]
-agipap
15:45:51 [Zakim]
-BenediktKaempgen
15:45:54 [Yigal]
Yigal has left #gld
15:45:55 [Zakim]
-jpalmeida
15:45:57 [agipap]
agipap has left #gld
15:45:58 [Zakim]
-biplav
15:45:59 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
15:45:59 [Zakim]
Attendees were biplav, HadleyBeeman, bhyland, Deirdre, BenediktKaempgen, cygri, gatemezi, Sandro, Mike_Pendleton, jpalmeida, agipap, TallTed, +3858514aabb, +8561729aacc, makx,
15:45:59 [Zakim]
... Yigal, tinagheen
15:46:00 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: looking forward to feedback for glossary and bp, but not so much about formatting stuff
15:46:00 [bhyland]
Thanks Deirdre for all your help with Dublin meeting & sharing about EDF!
15:46:33 [BenediktKaempgen]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
15:46:50 [BenediktKaempgen]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
15:46:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-gld-minutes.html BenediktKaempgen
15:47:10 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has left #gld
15:48:13 [JoaoPauloAlmeida]
JoaoPauloAlmeida has joined #gld
17:07:23 [TallTed]
TallTed has joined #gld
17:59:29 [bhyland]
bhyland has joined #gld
18:00:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #gld
19:11:05 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
19:51:06 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
19:57:31 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
20:01:00 [TallTed]
TallTed has joined #gld
20:13:38 [bhyland]
bhyland has joined #gld
21:07:17 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
23:26:09 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld