IRC log of i18n on 2013-01-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:57:31 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
15:57:31 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:57:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #i18n
15:57:43 [aphillip]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
15:57:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:57:47 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 4186
15:57:48 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
15:57:48 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
15:57:48 [trackbot]
Date: 16 January 2013
15:57:56 [Zakim]
I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM has now started
15:58:02 [Zakim]
15:58:13 [aphillip]
15:58:18 [aphillip]
Chair: Addison Phillips
15:58:24 [aphillip]
Scribe: Addison Phillips
15:58:27 [Zakim]
+ +44.141.888.aaaa
15:58:35 [aphillip]
ScribeNick: aphillip
15:58:41 [David]
Zakim, +44 is me
15:58:41 [Zakim]
+David; got it
15:58:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aphillip
15:58:51 [David]
zakim, mute me
15:58:51 [Zakim]
David should now be muted
15:59:01 [aphillip]
rrsagent, set logs world
15:59:12 [aphillip]
zakim, who is here?
15:59:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [Microsoft], David (muted)
15:59:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, aphillip, David, koji, r12a, trackbot
16:00:44 [matial]
matial has joined #i18n
16:01:01 [Zakim]
16:01:37 [Zakim]
16:01:49 [matial]
zakim, ??p15 is me
16:01:50 [Zakim]
+matial; got it
16:02:24 [r12a]
zakim, dial richard please
16:02:24 [Zakim]
ok, r12a; the call is being made
16:02:25 [Zakim]
16:03:13 [ET]
ET has joined #i18n
16:03:27 [aphillip]
zakim, [Microsoft] is ET
16:03:27 [Zakim]
+ET; got it
16:05:02 [aphillip]
Topic: Agenda and Minutes
16:05:15 [Zakim]
16:05:17 [aphillip]
Topic: Action Items
16:05:38 [r12a]
zakim, who's here?
16:05:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ET, David (muted), aphillip, matial (muted), Richard, Norbert
16:05:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ET, matial, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, David, koji, r12a, trackbot
16:05:45 [Norbert]
Norbert has joined #i18n
16:07:12 [Zakim]
16:07:23 [koji]
zakim, [ipcaller] is me
16:07:23 [Zakim]
+koji; got it
16:07:56 [aphillip]
close ACTION-167
16:07:56 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-167 Review john daggett/david baron's case tests and suggest any changes/additions needed.
16:08:02 [r12a]
16:08:53 [aphillip]
close ACTION-171
16:08:53 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-171 forward comments on case sensitivity to CSS.
16:09:58 [David]
I saw the CSS case (in)sensitivity discussions, but had little to add.
16:10:16 [aphillip]
Topic: Info Share
16:10:19 [Zakim]
16:10:55 [r12a]
zakim, +[Mic is Jan Nelson
16:10:55 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+[Mic is Jan Nelson', r12a
16:11:03 [r12a]
zakim, [Mic is Jan Nelson
16:11:04 [Zakim]
I don't understand '[Mic is Jan Nelson', r12a
16:11:08 [aphillip]
zakim, [Microsoft] is Jan Nelson
16:11:08 [Zakim]
I don't understand '[Microsoft] is Jan Nelson', aphillip
16:11:15 [Jan]
Jan has joined #i18n
16:11:19 [r12a]
zakim, [Mic is JanNelson
16:11:21 [Zakim]
+JanNelson; got it
16:11:56 [aphillip]
chair: welcomes two new members
16:13:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aphillip
16:13:53 [aphillip]
richard: MLW workshop in rome in march
16:14:03 [aphillip]
... you should register soon, as seats are filling
16:14:28 [r12a]
16:14:39 [aphillip]
Topic: What Time Is This Meeting At?
16:14:52 [aphillip]
> There's a zakim crush at 16:00 due to large telecons starting up. If we want > to spill over, even a little, past the hour allocated, we may need to move the > start of the telecon forward, since we will be unpopular if we go past the top > of the hour.
16:16:24 [David]
Zakim, unmute me
16:16:24 [Zakim]
David should no longer be muted
16:17:41 [Zakim]
16:18:17 [Norbert]
16:19:40 [David]
David has joined #i18n
16:20:03 [aphillip]
propose thursdays
16:20:20 [Zakim]
16:20:59 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #i18n
16:21:27 [Zakim]
16:21:30 [aphillip]
Topic: Pending Reviews
16:21:39 [aphillip]
16:22:00 [r12a]
zakim, who's noisy?
16:22:12 [Zakim]
r12a, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: aphillip (49%), David (5%)
16:22:24 [David]
zakim, mute me
16:22:24 [Zakim]
David should now be muted
16:23:18 [aphillip]
Topic: ITS v2 review
16:23:26 [aphillip]
16:23:55 [aphillip]
16:25:52 [aphillip]
16:26:21 [r12a]
16:27:00 [aphillip]
Norbert: translate attribute
16:27:19 [aphillip]
... didn't see anything about other items that need localization
16:27:35 [aphillip]
... e.g. a color or an image that need localizatoin but aren't *translated*
16:27:50 [aphillip]
... is there an attribute that allows to make localizable?
16:28:07 [fsasaki]
16:28:14 [aphillip]
felix: there is a locale filter that could select items for localization
16:29:47 [aphillip]
norbert: need a way to markup and manage items that need to be localized, but not for translators to make different words
16:31:05 [fsasaki]
16:31:06 [aphillip]
felix: would be useful to have examples
16:32:13 [aphillip]
Norbert: bidi
16:32:20 [aphillip]
... active discussion about isolates
16:32:27 [aphillip]
... and ITS has directionality
16:33:37 [aphillip]
Norbert: depend on HTML5?
16:33:54 [fsasaki]
16:34:07 [aphillip]
felix: on direction, our test suite dashboard
16:34:10 [aphillip]
... lists what's been done
16:34:17 [aphillip]
... first table has row for dir
16:34:32 [aphillip]
... ENLASO and U.Limerick working on it
16:34:56 [aphillip]
.. don't render, but do pass
16:36:06 [aphillip]
felix: worry about ruby
16:36:14 [aphillip]
... no implementations working on
16:39:39 [aphillip]
r12a: concern why direction section is non-normative, should it just be in BP doc?
16:40:16 [aphillip]
r12a: ruby continues to change in HTML5
16:40:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aphillip
16:41:33 [aphillip]
r12a: understood that those sections there
16:41:38 [aphillip]
... possible to edit before release
16:41:51 [aphillip]
... to reflect latest thinking
16:41:58 [aphillip]
... can change because non-normative
16:42:12 [aphillip]
... v1 of ITS did implement
16:44:26 [aphillip]
norbert: what's in ITS 2 doesn't match ITS 1 or what will be in HTML5
16:45:38 [aphillip]
... needs extension spec?
16:47:10 [aphillip]
direction: keep, note that developments are coming
16:47:21 [aphillip]
ruby: take out as unimplemented
16:47:57 [aphillip]
needs to be normative if present
16:48:15 [aphillip]
s/needs to/direction needs to/
16:48:17 [aphillip]
ack r12a
16:48:32 [aphillip]
r12a: largest issue
16:48:45 [aphillip]
... discussion "what about dfn and <term>"?
16:49:07 [aphillip]
... stuff about relationship of ITS to HTML5 goes to BP doc?
16:49:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aphillip
16:50:29 [aphillip]
r12a: unclear on objectives viz HTML5
16:50:47 [aphillip]
... move unclear stuff to BP document was my understanding
16:51:10 [aphillip]
... but document objectives suggest that ITS would document how ITS relates to HTML5
16:51:44 [aphillip]
felix: aim is to show how ITS native metadata in HTML5
16:51:56 [aphillip]
... some exceptions
16:52:08 [aphillip]
... @translate attribute maps directly to/from HTML5
16:52:11 [aphillip]
... also @lang
16:52:28 [aphillip]
... those exceptions have clear mapping
16:53:08 [aphillip]
felix: point about stuff like dfn or term
16:53:20 [aphillip]
... HTML can use for different purposes than ITS uses for
16:53:40 [aphillip]
... HTML <dt> was focued on
16:53:42 [Zakim]
16:53:59 [aphillip]
... not a straight-forward mapping
16:54:20 [fsasaki]
16:54:57 [aphillip]
felix: hard to justify hardcoding a rule such as the dt rule
16:55:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aphillip
16:55:46 [aphillip]
Norbert: should be note on "similar" elements to describe potential mappings
16:58:21 [aphillip]
r12a: needs to make point much more clearly
17:04:39 [aphillip]
Topic: AOB?
17:05:24 [Zakim]
17:05:25 [Zakim]
17:05:27 [Zakim]
17:05:29 [Zakim]
17:05:29 [Zakim]
17:05:35 [Zakim]
17:05:52 [aphillip]
Present: Addison, Richard, Emile, Koji, Felix, Norbert, Jan, Mati, David
17:05:57 [aphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:05:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aphillip
17:06:25 [r12a]
zakim, drop richard
17:06:25 [Zakim]
Richard is being disconnected
17:06:26 [Zakim]
17:06:31 [r12a]
zakim, who's here?
17:06:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ET
17:06:32 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, aphillip, koji, r12a, trackbot
17:06:38 [r12a]
zakim, drop ET
17:06:38 [Zakim]
ET is being disconnected
17:06:40 [Zakim]
I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM has ended
17:06:40 [Zakim]
Attendees were +44.141.888.aaaa, David, aphillip, matial, Richard, ET, Norbert, koji, [Microsoft], JanNelson, fsasaki
17:07:57 [r12a]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:07:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate r12a
17:08:10 [r12a]
zakim, bye
17:08:10 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18n
17:08:27 [r12a]
rrsagent, bye
17:08:27 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items