IRC log of wai-wcag on 2013-01-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

21:02:26 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:26 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/01/10-wai-wcag-irc
21:02:28 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
21:02:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:30 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
21:02:30 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM already started
21:02:31 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
21:02:31 [trackbot]
Date: 10 January 2013
21:02:41 [Zakim]
+??P15
21:03:08 [MichaelC]
zakim, aabb is Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:03:08 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid; got it
21:03:11 [robin]
robin has joined #wai-wcag
21:03:15 [MichaelC]
zakim, Ipcaller is Kerstin_Probiesch
21:03:15 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Probiesch; got it
21:03:26 [kerstin_probiesch]
thanks, michael
21:03:41 [adam_]
adam_ has joined #wai-wcag
21:04:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:04:25 [adam_]
zakim, [IPcaller] is adam_solomn
21:04:25 [Zakim]
+adam_solomn; got it
21:05:00 [MichaelC]
scribe: kerstin_probiesch
21:09:55 [kerstin_probiesch]
Loretta: start with the survey
21:10:21 [kerstin_probiesch]
Loretta: Loretta and MichaelC will
21:11:25 [Loretta]
If Kerstin is getting an echo, it will be hard to minute.
21:12:31 [kerstin_probiesch]
:-(
21:14:38 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20130110aria/results Survey for 10 January 2013
21:14:52 [MichaelC]
topic: Sufficient Technique for SC 1.1.1 : Using aria-labelledby to name controls
21:22:54 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
21:27:14 [kerstin_probiesch]
Loretta: the structure of ? is confusing
21:28:02 [kerstin_probiesch]
Who is speaking?
21:28:41 [kerstin_probiesch]
WG is discussing if and which Silverlight techniques should be removed
21:28:51 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
21:33:20 [Loretta]
https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/NOTE-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20120103/2722
21:33:44 [Loretta]
https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/NOTE-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20120103/2733
21:44:00 [AWK]
AWK has joined #wai-wcag
21:44:31 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.584.aacc
21:44:46 [MichaelC]
zakim, aacc is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:44:46 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick; got it
21:45:20 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
21:45:21 [MichaelC]
action: david to propose a restructuring of Understanding 1.1.1
21:45:21 [trackbot]
'david' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., dmacdona, dtodd2).
21:45:27 [MichaelC]
action: dmd to propose a restructuring of Understanding 1.1.1
21:45:27 [trackbot]
Error finding 'dmd'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/users>.
21:45:36 [MichaelC]
action: macdonald to propose a restructuring of Understanding 1.1.1
21:45:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-187 - Propose a restructuring of Understanding 1.1.1 [on David MacDonald - due 2013-01-17].
21:45:47 [Zakim]
+Marc_Johlic
21:57:21 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to find a way to make sure the intro to a technology of techniques is findable from individual technique pages
21:57:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-188 - Find a way to make sure the intro to a technology of techniques is findable from individual technique pages [on Michael Cooper - due 2013-01-17].
22:01:15 [Zakim]
-adam_solomn
22:02:55 [Loretta]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20130110aria/results#xconcat
22:21:09 [David]
isn't table caption <caption> text</caption> rather than <caption="....">
22:23:11 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:23:52 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
22:38:54 [jnurthen]
http://jnurthen.users.sonic.net/test.html
22:44:13 [jnurthen]
http://jnurthen.users.sonic.net/links/labelledby.html
22:49:11 [jnurthen]
http://jnurthen.users.sonic.net/test.html
22:49:21 [jnurthen]
example 13 shows using aria-label to replace the link text
22:49:46 [jnurthen]
<a class="icon-alone" aria-label="Link using aria-label" href="#">
22:49:46 [jnurthen]
<span data-icon="" aria-hidden="true"></span>
22:49:46 [jnurthen]
</a>
22:51:56 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:51:57 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:51:57 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:51:58 [Zakim]
-Robin_Tuttle
22:51:58 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:52:00 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
22:52:00 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
22:52:01 [Zakim]
-Marc_Johlic
22:52:10 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Probiesch
22:52:12 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
22:52:12 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.650.253.aaaa, Robin_Tuttle, James_Nurthen, Bruce_Bailey, +1.650.253.aabb, Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Kerstin_Probiesch, adam_solomn, David_MacDonald,
22:52:12 [Zakim]
... +1.617.584.aacc, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Marc_Johlic
23:00:44 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
23:00:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/01/10-wai-wcag-minutes.html MichaelC
23:12:48 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:12:51 [MichaelC]
trackbot, end meeting
23:12:51 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
23:12:51 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
23:12:59 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
23:12:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/01/10-wai-wcag-minutes.html trackbot
23:13:00 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
23:13:00 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/10-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:13:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: david to propose a restructuring of Understanding 1.1.1 [1]
23:13:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/10-wai-wcag-irc#T21-45-21
23:13:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: dmd to propose a restructuring of Understanding 1.1.1 [2]
23:13:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/10-wai-wcag-irc#T21-45-27
23:13:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: macdonald to propose a restructuring of Understanding 1.1.1 [3]
23:13:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/10-wai-wcag-irc#T21-45-36
23:13:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to find a way to make sure the intro to a technology of techniques is findable from individual technique pages [4]
23:13:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/10-wai-wcag-irc#T21-57-21