IRC log of a11y-bugs on 2013-01-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:49:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #a11y-bugs
13:49:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to
13:50:03 [LjW]
zakim, this will be 2119
13:50:03 [Zakim]
ok, LjW; I see WAI_PFWG(HTML_TF)9:00AM scheduled to start in 10 minutes
13:50:38 [LjW]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
13:50:49 [LjW]
Meeting: HTML-A11y Bug Triage weekly meeting
13:51:08 [LjW]
chair: Léonie Watson
13:51:54 [LjW]
agenda: this
13:52:12 [LjW]
agenda+ New bugs review
13:52:22 [LjW]
agenda+ Text alternative bugs
13:52:38 [LjW]
agenda+ Media bugs
13:52:48 [LjW]
agenda+ ARIA bugs
13:52:55 [LjW]
agenda+ Drag and drop bugs
13:53:03 [LjW]
agenda+ General bugs
13:53:10 [LjW]
agenda+ be done
14:00:34 [Zakim]
WAI_PFWG(HTML_TF)9:00AM has now started
14:00:41 [Zakim]
14:00:47 [hhillen]
hhillen has joined #a11y-bugs
14:00:59 [Zakim]
14:01:12 [MichaelC]
zakim, IPcaller is Léonie_Watson
14:01:12 [Zakim]
+Léonie_Watson; got it
14:01:58 [Zakim]
14:02:30 [MichaelC]
14:02:36 [MichaelC]
zakim, IPcaller is Hans_Hillen
14:02:36 [Zakim]
+Hans_Hillen; got it
14:03:47 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
14:03:49 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "New bugs review" taken up [from LjW]
14:03:53 [MichaelC]
scribe: hhillen
14:04:16 [hhillen]
HH: No bugs that need to be tracked by TF at this point
14:04:30 [hhillen]
zakim, next item
14:04:31 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, hhillen
14:04:48 [MichaelC]
zakim, close this item
14:04:48 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
14:04:49 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:04:49 [Zakim]
2. Text alternative bugs [from LjW]
14:05:07 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
14:05:07 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Text alternative bugs" taken up [from LjW]
14:05:27 [hhillen]
LW: No response form Judy or the text sub team
14:05:38 [hhillen]
LW: I will contact them this week
14:05:43 [hhillen]
zakim, close this item
14:05:43 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
14:05:45 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:05:45 [Zakim]
3. Media bugs [from LjW]
14:05:55 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
14:05:55 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Media bugs" taken up [from LjW]
14:06:12 [hhillen]
LW: No response from the sub team
14:06:25 [hhillen]
zakim, close this item
14:06:25 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
14:06:26 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:06:26 [Zakim]
4. ARIA bugs [from LjW]
14:06:35 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
14:06:35 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "ARIA bugs" taken up [from LjW]
14:06:40 [hhillen]
LW: No report from Steve or the ARIA team
14:06:47 [hhillen]
zakim, close this item
14:06:47 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
14:06:48 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:06:48 [Zakim]
5. Drag and drop bugs [from LjW]
14:07:00 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
14:07:00 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Drag and drop bugs" taken up [from LjW]
14:07:47 [LjW]
14:07:49 [hhillen]
LW: We noticed there were a few drag and drop bugs, some of which were assigned to Gez
14:07:49 [LjW]
14:09:31 [hhillen]
LW: He said the drag & drop spec had changed significantly since this bug was created and he and Everett reported some issues on it.
14:10:13 [hhillen]
MC: IT sounds to me like a new review of Drag & Drop is needed
14:10:32 [hhillen]
MC: Maybe we should ask the TF tomorrow to close all the drag & drop bugs
14:11:05 [hhillen]
MC: If somebody objects to that they should review them
14:11:12 [hhillen]
zakim, close this item
14:11:12 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
14:11:13 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:11:13 [Zakim]
6. General bugs [from LjW]
14:11:19 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
14:11:19 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "General bugs" taken up [from LjW]
14:11:21 [MichaelC],%20aria,%20media,%20canvas,%20a11y_focus&product=HTML%20WG
14:11:47 [hhillen]
MC: There are ten more to review
14:12:10 [hhillen]
14:13:54 [hhillen]
MC: UAAG does address this at a high level, it would be useful to have low level information in the user agent implementation guide
14:14:25 [hhillen]
MC: Marking as verified wontfix
14:14:50 [hhillen] : Retrieving keybindings in automation-friendly format
14:15:37 [hhillen]
LW: Let's take the TF keyword out and assign it back to Greg
14:16:04 [hhillen] : Consider referencing User Agent Guidelines in section Implicit submissions
14:16:57 [hhillen]
MC: I think this also falls under the UA Implementation Guide question
14:17:16 [hhillen]
MC: We could assign it to Kelly, Take out the TF keyword, or mark is as verified
14:17:36 [hhillen]
LW: I think we should take out the keyword
14:17:52 [hhillen]
LW: Also assign it to Kelly
14:18:37 [hhillen] : CSS2 System Colors Should Be Recognized
14:22:05 [hhillen]
MC: Do nothing for this bug for now
14:22:24 [hhillen] : Support for viewports and positions
14:23:42 [hhillen]
HH: I agree with Tab's comment, you can already do the requested features with the existing methods
14:23:56 [hhillen]
MC: Mark it as verified
14:24:13 [hhillen] : exact number not imporant in range doesn't make sense.
14:27:22 [hhillen]
MC: I'm inclined to agree with Cynthia in this case
14:28:23 [hhillen]
MC: It sounds like this is another one to take to the ta
14:28:32 [hhillen]
task force
14:28:53 [hhillen] : Generated content must be accessible
14:29:55 [hhillen]
MC: Marking this as verified
14:30:15 [hhillen] : CSS WG HTML5 Last Call Comments
14:31:51 [hhillen]
LW: Take the TF keyword out
14:32:24 [hhillen] : Non-conformance of the summary attribute for the table element makes WCAG 1.0 compliance impossible
14:35:10 [hhillen]
HH: It mentions WCAG 1, but this bug is really about whether or not the summary attribute should be obsolete
14:37:33 [hhillen]
HH: Even considering WCAG 1 the summary attribute is an optional checkpoint
14:38:04 [hhillen]
MC: The summary issue is still open but dealt with in other bugs. No need to keep this WCAG 1 specific bug open. CLosing
14:38:46 [hhillen] : Required edit should be applicable to fieldset
14:40:10 [hhillen]
MC: I think this is still a valid issue, we need to assign it to somebody
14:40:23 [hhillen]
MC: We may even go as far as to mark this as reopened
14:43:02 [hhillen]
LW: You can assign this to me, and reopen it
14:43:55 [hhillen]
zakim, close this item
14:43:55 [Zakim]
agendum 6 closed
14:43:56 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
14:43:56 [Zakim]
7. be done [from LjW]
14:47:05 [LjW]
14:47:22 [LjW]
14:47:27 [hhillen]
LW: : Section 7.5 contenteditable and designMode must make navigation consistent platform conventions
14:48:31 [hhillen]
MC: Marking it as closed
14:49:39 [hhillen]
LW: what should our next step be?
14:49:58 [hhillen]
MC: Maybe we should go back to triage new bugs
14:50:06 [MichaelC]
maybe we need to look at ¨new¨ bugs and see if they need to be assigned etc.
14:50:06 [MichaelC]
14:51:20 [Zakim]
14:51:21 [Zakim]
14:51:22 [Zakim]
14:51:22 [Zakim]
WAI_PFWG(HTML_TF)9:00AM has ended
14:51:22 [Zakim]
Attendees were Michael_Cooper, Léonie_Watson, Hans_Hillen
14:52:34 [LjW]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:52:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate LjW
14:54:54 [LjW]
zakim, please part
14:54:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #a11y-bugs
14:55:01 [LjW]
rrsagent, please part
14:55:01 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items