This page collects various informative material, including best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns, related to LDP. It may or may not become a formal deliverable of the Working Group.
Use relative URIs
See ldp-ISSUE-29 (Relative URIs): Relative URIs are crucial
- Relative URIs are nice because client and server don't need to exchange information about where exactly stuff is located
Represent container membership with hierarchical URIs
- Hierarchical URIs are good for containers because they enable relativizing.
Use fragments as entity identifiers
- Fragments are nice because they can be expressed as relative URIs on the document describing them.
Prefer standard datatypes
- See old Section 4.1.9 that was deleted from the FPWD
Properly use q values
- Not properly handling q values is a major problem in implementations of content negotiation.