Chatlog 2012-07-09

From Linked Data Platform
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

<sandro> scribe: micsik
13:58:35 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #ldp
13:58:35 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/07/09-ldp-irc
13:58:36 <LeeF> LeeF has joined #ldp
13:58:37 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs 181
13:58:37 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #ldp
13:58:39 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 
13:58:39 <Zakim> I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
13:58:40 <trackbot> Meeting: Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group Teleconference
13:58:42 <trackbot> Date: 09 July 2012
13:58:52 <AndyS1> zakim, this will be lpd
13:58:52 <Zakim> I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, AndyS1
13:59:08 <AndyS1> zakim, this will be 53794
13:59:08 <Zakim> ok, AndyS1; I see SW_LDP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
13:59:18 <AndyS1> zakim, this is 53794
13:59:19 <Zakim> ok, AndyS1; that matches SW_LDP()10:00AM
13:59:19 <dret> zakim, who is here?
13:59:19 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P1, ??P2, ??P0, [IBM], ??P3, ??P5
13:59:20 <Zakim> On IRC I see LeeF, RRSAgent, Andras, AndyS1, krp, ghard, domel, boris, Arnaud, dret, MacTed, betehess, deiu, SteveS, oberger, sandro, Yves, trackbot, ericP
13:59:24 <relves> relves has joined #ldp
13:59:28 <Zakim> -??P2
13:59:54 <steveB> steveB has joined #ldp
13:59:55 <Zakim> + +33.9.50.97.aaaa
14:00:04 <Zakim> +??P9
14:00:04 <boris> zakim, who is here?
14:00:06 <Zakim> +LeeF
14:00:13 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P1, ??P0, [IBM], ??P3, ??P5, +33.9.50.97.aaaa, ??P9, LeeF
14:00:14 <boris> zakim, ??P9 is me
14:00:20 <Zakim> +??P10
14:00:25 <AndyS1> zakim, ??P10 is me
14:00:27 <Zakim> +boris; got it
14:00:29 <dret> list participants
14:00:30 <mhausenblas> mhausenblas has joined #ldp
14:00:31 <Arnaud> zakim, aaaa is me
14:00:33 <Zakim> On IRC I see steveB, relves, Zakim, LeeF, RRSAgent, Andras, AndyS1, krp, ghard, domel, boris, Arnaud, dret, MacTed, betehess, deiu, SteveS, oberger, sandro, Yves, trackbot, ericP
14:00:38 <Zakim> +??P13
14:00:43 <SteveS> Zakim, [IBM] is me
14:00:44 <Zakim> +AndyS1; got it
14:00:48 <Zakim> -boris
14:00:50 <Zakim> +Arnaud; got it
14:01:12 <Zakim> +SteveS; got it
14:01:13 <cgueret_work> cgueret_work has joined #ldp
14:01:13 <kalpa> kalpa has joined #ldp
14:01:23 <mkerrin> mkerrin has joined #ldp
14:01:29 <Zakim> +OpenLink_Software
14:01:32 <dret> zakim, who is here?
14:01:36 <boris> zakim, who is here?
14:01:38 <MacTed> RRSAgent, make logs member
14:01:44 <steveB> 'steveB' is Steve Battle - just joined the WG - hello all.
14:01:47 <MacTed> Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
14:01:48 <MacTed> Zakim, mute me
14:01:52 <Zakim> -??P3
14:01:52 <cgueret_work> hello
14:02:09 <Zakim> +Sandro
14:02:12 <Zakim> +??P25
14:02:14 <Zakim> +??P21
14:02:29 <Zakim> +??P3
14:02:30 <AndyS1> Hi SteveB
14:02:36 <JohnArwe> JohnArwe has joined #ldp
14:02:38 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P1, ??P0, SteveS, ??P5, Arnaud, LeeF, AndyS1, ??P13, OpenLink_Software, ??P25, Sandro, ??P21, ??P3
14:02:43 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P1, ??P0, SteveS, ??P5, Arnaud, LeeF, AndyS1, ??P13, OpenLink_Software, ??P25, Sandro, ??P21, ??P3
14:02:46 <cygri> cygri has joined #ldp
14:02:55 <mhausenblas> Zakim, I am mhausenblas 
14:02:58 <Zakim> +MacTed; got it
14:02:58 <krp> zakim, ??P3 is me
14:03:00 <Zakim> MacTed should now be muted
14:03:06 <cygri> zakim, i'm with mhausenblas
14:03:12 <Zakim> -??P25
14:03:14 <Zakim> + +1.804.991.aabb
14:03:27 <ghard> zakim, ??P25 is me
14:03:29 <Zakim> +JohnArwe
14:03:32 <Zakim> +mhausenblas
14:03:34 <boris> zakim, ??P1 is probably me
14:03:36 <jkopecky> jkopecky has joined #ldp
14:03:38 <Zakim> On IRC I see mkerrin, kalpa, cgueret_work, mhausenblas, steveB, relves, Zakim, LeeF, RRSAgent, Andras, AndyS1, krp, ghard, domel, boris, Arnaud, dret, MacTed, betehess, deiu,
14:03:43 <Zakim> ... SteveS, oberger, sandro, Yves, trackbot, ericP
14:03:47 <Zakim> +??P35
14:04:00 <Zakim> +??P38
14:04:01 <Zakim> ok, mhausenblas, I now associate you with mhausenblas
14:04:04 <Zakim> +krp; got it
14:04:06 <mkerrin> zakim, i'm with mhausenblas
14:04:07 <Zakim> +cygri; got it
14:04:21 <Zakim> + +1.937.775.aacc
14:04:23 <Zakim> I already had ??P25 as JohnArwe, ghard
14:04:27 <cgueret_work> cgueret_work has joined #ldp
14:04:29 <Zakim> +boris; got it
14:04:30 <ghard> Ummh
14:04:36 <Andras> zakim, ??PP13 may be me
14:04:43 <jkopecky> zakim, ??p38 is probably me
14:04:45 <Zakim> +??P41
14:04:49 <Zakim> +mkerrin; got it
14:04:51 <dret> zakim, who is there?
14:04:53 <Zakim> + +44.117.370.aadd
14:04:57 <kalpa> how can I get to know my conference phone number to let know Zakim?
14:05:04 <ghard> zakim, ??P35 is probably me
14:05:10 <bblfish> bblfish has joined #ldp
14:05:15 <Zakim> sorry, Andras, I do not understand your question
14:05:19 <Zakim> +jkopecky?; got it
14:05:20 <bblfish> hihi
14:05:21 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, dret.
14:05:21 <MacTed> Zakim, who's noisy?
14:05:26 <Zakim> +ghard?; got it
14:05:49 <Yves> -/me waves
14:05:50 <Zakim> MacTed, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P0 (59%), Arnaud (38%), +44.117.370.aadd (19%)
14:05:52 <Andras> zakim, ??PP13 is probably me
14:05:55 <Zakim> +Yves
14:06:01 <Zakim> sorry, Andras, I do not understand your question
14:06:14 <Yves> s/-\/me waves//
14:06:27 <cgueret_work> cgueret_work has joined #ldp
14:07:19 <Andras> zakim, ??PP13 is probably Andras
14:07:19 <Zakim> sorry, Andras, I do not understand your question
14:07:52 <kalpa> zakim aacc is me
14:08:47 <ghard> zakim, ??P35 is me
14:08:47 <Zakim> I already had ??P35 as ghard?, ghard
14:08:52 <Zakim> +??P49
14:08:54 <Yves> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2012.07.09
14:08:59 <Yves> Chair: Arnaud
14:09:24 <ericP> Zakim, ??P49 is me
14:09:24 <Zakim> +ericP; got it
14:09:40 <ghard> Cheers Yves ;)
14:10:33 <krp> krp has joined #ldp
14:12:07 <Zakim> +Arthur
14:12:43 <kalpa> Zakim, aacc is me
14:12:43 <Zakim> +kalpa; got it
14:13:02 <Yves> Topic: Minutes of last meeting
14:13:12 <SteveS> +1 for meetings
14:13:19 <bblfish> was not there
14:13:23 <bblfish> but read it
14:13:26 <SteveS> +1 for minutes
14:13:29 <mhausenblas> +1
14:14:05 <Andras> Minutes are approved
14:14:35 <Yves> close ACTION-2
14:14:35 <trackbot> ACTION-2 Set up commonscribe closed
14:15:37 <Andras> next meeting 23 July
14:15:38 <ArthurK> ArthurK has joined #ldp
14:15:57 <Zakim> -krp
14:16:01 <Andras> TPAC to be used for f2f
14:16:25 <Zakim> -boris
14:16:31 <bblfish> ah btw. I think it would be good for the WebID Community Group and the Read Write Web Community Group to meet with this group too
14:16:55 <Zakim> +??P3
14:17:09 <Andras> http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/
14:17:14 <krp> zakim, ??P3 is me
14:17:14 <Zakim> +krp; got it
14:17:28 <ghard> bblfish indeed a good idea
14:17:53 <Andras> volunteers for hosting a meeintg in US
14:18:08 <Andras> in the same time as TPAC
14:18:43 <Andras> by the end of August we should define the exact details
14:19:06 <bblfish> oops could I mention something on this topic?
14:19:10 <Yves> (note, planned time for TPAC for ldp should be nov 1 and 2)
14:19:17 <Zakim> -??P41
14:19:19 <sandro> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/REST
14:19:20 <ArthurK> zakim, who is on the phone?
14:19:20 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P0, SteveS, ??P5, Arnaud, LeeF, AndyS1, ??P13, MacTed (muted), Sandro, ??P21, +1.804.991.aabb, JohnArwe, mhausenblas, ghard, jkopecky?, kalpa,
14:19:22 <bblfish> q+
14:19:24 <Zakim> ... +44.117.370.aadd, Yves, ericP, Arthur, sandro, krp
14:19:24 <Zakim> mhausenblas has cygri, mkerrin
14:19:26 <Yves> Topic: RDF Simple Data Interface Protocol
14:19:28 <AndyS1> "RDF Simple Data Interface Protocol - Level Zero"   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/REST    (from Sandro)
14:20:00 <Zakim> +??P1
14:20:17 <Andras> zakim, ??P13 is me
14:20:17 <Zakim> +Andras; got it
14:21:08 <Andras> this is already almost in the specs...
14:21:39 <Andras> level 0 - get and put
14:22:09 <Andras> not in level 0 - questions and possible solutions
14:23:02 <Andras> for example PATCH
14:23:48 <Andras> Arnaud: is it higher level than the graph store prootocol?
14:24:00 <cygri> q+
14:24:06 <Andras> Sandro: SDI is more abstract
14:24:13 <Arnaud> q?
14:24:16 <Zakim> +??P41
14:24:31 <Zakim> -??P41
14:25:02 <Zakim> +??P41
14:25:06 <AndyS1> (Henry Story speaking)
14:25:10 <steveB> 'steveB' is steve battle - on the phone also
14:25:26 <boris> zakim, who is talking?
14:25:37 <Zakim> boris, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
14:25:57 <Zakim> -??P41
14:26:01 <ericP> q?
14:26:04 <Andras> Henry: I think it would be good for the WebID Community Group and the Read Write Web Community Group to meet with this group too
14:26:54 <bblfish> it's good to see many very similar proposals
14:27:47 <Andras> Henry: also to organize a hackathon in Lyon
14:28:03 <Andras> these groups are overlapping
14:28:24 <bblfish> ok, will do 
14:28:40 <Andras> Arnaud: send a mail about these ideas
14:28:40 <Arnaud> q?
14:28:43 <Arnaud> q-
14:28:44 <SteveS> +1 to bblfish's proposals
14:28:49 <ericP> ack bblfish 
14:28:50 <Arnaud> q?
14:28:53 <ericP> ack cygri 
14:29:06 <Zakim> +??P17
14:29:27 <oberger> Zakim: +??P17 is probably me
14:29:37 <Andras> Richard: collection resources are existing in your domain or new ones? 
14:30:11 <oberger> Zakim, +??P17 is probably me
14:30:11 <Zakim> sorry, oberger, I do not understand your question
14:30:20 <oberger> Zakim, +??P17 is me
14:30:20 <Zakim> sorry, oberger, I do not recognize a party named '+??P17'
14:30:30 <MacTed> Zakim, ??p17 is oberger
14:30:30 <Zakim> +oberger; got it
14:30:37 <Arnaud> Arnaud has joined #ldp
14:30:42 <oberger> thx MacTed 
14:31:02 <oberger> sorry for late arrival (visiting my doctor :-/)
14:31:03 <Andras> Richard: a resource can be in several collections, how do you manage this?
14:31:31 <sandro> cygri: more Not in Level Zero:   (1) removing things from a collection (is it the same as deleting), and (2) signaling what kinds of properties a new resource can/should have.
14:31:37 <oberger> ericP: thx, obvious, but was in too much hurry
14:31:49 <Andras> Richard: can a client learn in advance what properties should be defined before inserting a new resource?
14:32:24 <Andras> Sandro: these are for future considerations
14:32:36 <sandro> q+
14:33:41 <sandro> q-
14:33:59 <sandro> sandro: Have you tried putting this list into the tracker, or the list in the charter?
14:35:16 <Zakim> -??P1
14:35:47 <Zakim> +??P1
14:35:51 <jkopecky> zakim, ??P1 is me
14:35:51 <Zakim> +jkopecky; got it
14:35:59 <ericP> q+ to ask if the LDBP UC&R <http://www.w3.org/Submission/2012/SUBM-ldbpucr-20120326/> were motivated by OSCL
14:36:16 <oberger> ericP: s/OSCL/OSLC/
14:36:25 <Andras> Topic: list of issues in the charter
14:37:06 <Andras> Does existing specs cover any of the issues?
14:37:46 <bblfish> of course it helps to implement it to know what the issues are
14:37:57 <bblfish> q+
14:38:30 <Andras> issue numbers can be put into emails
14:38:45 <LeeF> q?
14:38:52 <Arnaud> Arnaud has joined #ldp
14:38:57 <ericP> ack me
14:38:57 <Zakim> ericP, you wanted to ask if the LDBP UC&R <http://www.w3.org/Submission/2012/SUBM-ldbpucr-20120326/> were motivated by OSCL
14:38:59 <oberger> wb Arnaud 
14:39:44 <JohnArwe> s/OSCL/OSLC/
14:39:56 <MacTed> ericP - those are already here -- http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Use_Cases_And_Requirements
14:39:57 <MacTed> and somewhat expanded already...
14:40:49 <Andras> SteveS: some of the UC are from OSLC and they could be expanded
14:40:50 <oberger> http://www.w3.org/Submission/2012/SUBM-ldbpucr-20120326/#oslc obviously is labeled purposely ? ;)
14:41:27 <achille> achille has joined #ldp
14:41:34 <ericP> ack next
14:41:56 <SteveS> q+
14:42:49 <Andras> Arnaud: please contribute to http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Use_Cases_And_Requirements
14:43:06 <oberger> SteveS: ;-)
14:44:26 <Andras> Henry: details come up when they start implementing the proposal
14:44:33 <AndyS1> q+
14:44:43 <Andras> but it will be totally re-written probably...
14:45:11 <ericP> q+ to discuss the "hosting" use case, i.e. rewriting certain BNodes to URLs, potentially the graph URL
14:45:13 <bblfish> q-
14:45:50 <ericP> ack next
14:45:51 <mhausenblas> q+ to ask re getting a quick overview on the overall direction
14:46:31 <Andras> SteveS: implementation is coming
14:47:15 <oberger> maybe that would be interesting to list in a page
14:47:30 <Arnaud> ack andys
14:48:01 <Zakim> -Arnaud
14:48:06 <mhausenblas> +1 to Andy's point re what does EAI in this context mean (and how it is enabled through our work)
14:48:11 <Andras> Andy: how it enables integration based on UC? IBM could comment
14:48:52 <Arnaud> sorry can you hear me?
14:49:29 <ArthurK> +1 to Andy's point about EAI
14:49:47 <Arnaud> dret, please, take over :-/
14:49:59 <Arnaud> my phone died somehow
14:50:09 <mhausenblas> ack me
14:50:09 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to ask re getting a quick overview on the overall direction
14:50:44 <oberger> SteveS: sounds reasonable
14:50:52 <Andras> Michael: who would object to go forward with IBM submission?
14:51:07 <Zakim> -jkopecky
14:51:10 <cygri> what do you mean by "go forward"?
14:51:51 <Zakim> +Arnaud
14:52:52 <oberger> I'm not sure I understood what mhausenblas opinion is WRT to the submission... but maybe he hasn't mentioned ;)
14:52:59 <bblfish> Michael is asking for a straw poll on who is generally positive about the IBM submission or who is more on something else
14:53:01 <mhausenblas> q?
14:53:11 <Andras> zakim, who is talking?
14:53:16 <Zakim> +??P6
14:53:21 <Zakim> Andras, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Arnaud (86%), Sandro (24%), ericP (19%)
14:53:47 <mhausenblas> Michael: as someone involved both in the chartering and supporting the IBM submission I agree with Eric
14:55:04 <MacTed> +1 sandro ... with those "concern points" being an easy list of issues to start into the Tracker
14:56:01 <Andras> telling the world this is what we're doing
14:56:12 <bblfish> sounds like a good idea, it will force much more careful reading
14:56:35 <oberger> unless if done during time when too many people are on vacation ? 
14:57:48 <Andras> publish current submission as first draft?
14:57:49 <ericP> q?
14:57:50 <kalpa> kalpa has joined #ldp
14:58:24 <Andras> summertime may not be the best period
14:59:04 <ericP> q-
14:59:06 <ericP> q+
14:59:26 <bblfish> yes, the question is good: if we think what would it be if we were to publish the IBM draft as a working draft - makes one focus
14:59:33 <ericP> -> http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Use_Cases_And_Requirements#Hosting_POSTed_Resources Low Level use cas
15:01:14 <oberger> ericP: OSLC-CM could provide guidance on that particular one
15:01:31 <Andras> how to solve this using the current submission?
15:02:25 <SteveS> ericP this is already covered in LDBP as 5.4.8 http://www.w3.org/Submission/ldbp/#bpc-HTTP_POST but not with this example specifically
15:02:42 <Andras> Plenty of work to do: use cases, comments on submission, etc.
15:02:58 <oberger> when's next time ?
15:02:59 <SteveS> so within scope of original submission but maybe needs to be clarified or expanded
15:02:59 <bblfish> great. thanks.
15:03:08 <oberger> bye
15:03:12 <Zakim> -MacTed
15:03:13 <Zakim> -Sandro
15:03:13 <Zakim> -LeeF
15:03:13 <Zakim> -??P21
15:03:15 <Zakim> -SteveS
15:03:16 <Zakim> -Yves
15:03:19 <Andras> bye
15:03:19 <Zakim> - +44.117.370.aadd
15:03:20 <JohnArwe> next time should be in +2 weeks, based on last call's decision
15:03:21 <Zakim> -Arthur
15:03:22 <Zakim> -ghard
15:03:22 <Zakim> -oberger
15:03:22 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
15:03:24 <Zakim> -Arnaud
15:03:26 <Zakim> -JohnArwe
15:03:30 <Zakim> -??P0
15:03:31 <steveB> steve has left #ldp
15:03:32 <Zakim> -krp
15:03:34 <Zakim> -AndyS1
15:03:36 <Zakim> -Andras
15:03:39 <Zakim> -ericP
15:03:39 <JohnArwe> s/last call/previous call/
15:03:39 <AndyS1> AndyS1 has left #ldp
15:03:40 <Zakim> - +1.804.991.aabb
15:03:44 <Zakim> -kalpa
15:03:50 <Zakim> -??P5
15:05:02 <mkerrin> mkerrin has left #ldp
15:08:22 <Zakim> -??P6
15:13:22 <Zakim> disconnecting the lone participant, jkopecky?, in SW_LDP()10:00AM
15:13:23 <Zakim> SW_LDP()10:00AM has ended
15:13:23 <Zakim> Attendees were +33.9.50.97.aaaa, LeeF, boris, AndyS1, Arnaud, SteveS, Sandro, MacTed, +1.804.991.aabb, JohnArwe, mhausenblas, krp, cygri, +1.937.775.aacc, boris, mkerrin,
15:13:23 <Zakim> ... +44.117.370.aadd, jkopecky?, Yves, ghard, ericP, Arthur, kalpa, Andras, oberger, jkopecky
15:58:20 <krp> krp has joined #ldp
17:23:10 <Zakim> Zakim has left #ldp
18:12:07 <bblfish> bblfish has joined #ldp
19:00:48 <SteveS_> SteveS_ has joined #ldp
19:02:43 <SteveS> SteveS has joined #ldp
20:00:50 <bblfish> bblfish has joined #ldp
20:05:22 <SteveS> SteveS has joined #ldp
20:05:34 <SteveS> SteveS has joined #ldp
21:29:07 <SteveS_> SteveS_ has joined #ldp
21:54:56 <cygri> cygri has joined #ldp
22:13:27 <cygri> cygri has joined #ldp
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000332