IRC log of webrtc on 2012-12-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:46:03 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webrtc
15:46:03 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:46:05 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:46:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webrtc
15:46:07 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be RTC
15:46:07 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
15:46:08 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Real-Time Communications Working Group Teleconference
15:46:09 [trackbot]
Date: 13 December 2012
15:53:08 [dom]
fluffy, I'm trying to that the conf code fixed
15:53:29 [fluffy]
thanks dom
15:53:54 [burn]
burn has joined #webrtc
15:54:39 [jesup]
jesup has joined #webrtc
15:55:47 [DanD]
DanD has joined #webrtc
15:56:48 [stefanh]
stefanh has joined #webrtc
15:56:55 [martin]
martin has joined #webrtc
15:56:58 [dom]
dom has changed the topic to: dom looking into the conf code problem
15:57:09 [stefanh]
@dom: thanks!
15:57:31 [amy]
amy has joined #webrtc
15:57:41 [fluffy]
I can set up an alternative bridge if people want me too
15:57:41 [dom]
Zakim, this will be RTC
15:57:41 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, dom
15:58:22 [dom]
Zakim, this will be 9782
15:58:22 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, dom
15:58:24 [fluffy]
ok -
15:58:38 [adambe]
adambe has joined #webrtc
15:59:34 [ekr]
ekr has joined #webrtc
15:59:53 [ekr]
what is the actual duration of this conference call. I see "Thursday, December 13, 16:00-17:30 UTC (10:00am-11:00am Boston local)"
16:00:07 [Milan_Patel]
Milan_Patel has joined #webrtc
16:00:12 [stefanh]
should be 11am-1230 boston local
16:00:23 [ekr]
16:00:28 [hta]
hta has joined #webrtc
16:00:43 [JeromeMarcon]
JeromeMarcon has joined #webrtc
16:00:43 [stefanh]
dom, any instructions?
16:00:48 [hta]
waiting for update?
16:00:53 [adambe]
is 9782 the right conf code?
16:01:03 [dom]
adambe, there is a bug I'm looking into
16:01:17 [adambe]
dom: k, thanks
16:01:22 [dom]
stefanh, hta, we can either proceed with a different code, or wait a bit more to get the right one
16:01:26 [dom]
which do you prefer?
16:01:32 [dan_romascanu]
dan_romascanu has joined #webrtc
16:01:43 [stefanh]
i prefer start now with a different code
16:01:51 [dom]
ok, let's do that then
16:01:53 [dom]
Zakim, room for 25?
16:01:56 [Zakim]
ok, dom; conference Team_(webrtc)16:01Z scheduled with code 26631 (CONF1) for 60 minutes until 1701Z; however, please note that capacity is now overbooked
16:02:16 [dan_romascanu]
we cannot enter the conference
16:02:24 [dom]
all, please use 26631 as conf code instead
16:02:33 [amy]
amy has left #webrtc
16:02:39 [gmandyam]
gmandyam has joined #webrtc
16:02:40 [Zakim]
Team_(webrtc)16:01Z has now started
16:02:47 [Zakim]
16:02:54 [hta]
I am the first participant on 26631#
16:03:06 [Zakim]
16:03:09 [Zakim]
16:03:09 [dom]
Zakim, ??P30 is me
16:03:09 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
16:03:17 [Zakim]
+ +
16:03:17 [Zakim]
16:03:26 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.902.aabb
16:03:31 [Zakim]
16:03:32 [Zakim]
16:03:43 [Zakim]
+ +972.9.957.aacc
16:03:43 [Zakim]
16:03:47 [Zakim]
16:03:50 [fluffy]
Zakim, aacc is me
16:03:50 [Zakim]
+fluffy; got it
16:03:56 [Zakim]
16:04:04 [dan_romascanu]
16:04:06 [fluffy]
Zakim, aabb is me
16:04:06 [Zakim]
+fluffy; got it
16:04:18 [dom]
Zakim, aacc is dan_romascanu
16:04:19 [Zakim]
sorry, dom, I do not recognize a party named 'aacc'
16:04:21 [gmandyam]
Giri Mandyam from Qualcomm Innovation Center
16:04:25 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.678.aadd
16:04:26 [jib]
jib has joined #webrtc
16:04:33 [Zakim]
16:04:42 [ekr]
zakim, who is here?
16:04:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see hta, dom, stefanh, adambe, jesuslaptop, fluffy.a, Milan_Patel, Dan_Druta, fluffy, ??P36, [IPcaller], gmandyam, +1.650.678.aadd, [Mozilla]
16:04:45 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jib, gmandyam, dan_romascanu, JeromeMarcon, hta, Milan_Patel, ekr, adambe, martin, stefanh, DanD, jesup, burn, Zakim, RRSAgent, fluffy, mreavy, tuexen, richt,
16:04:46 [Zakim]
... Josh_Soref_, Dweezahr, danielfi_, hiro, heath, trackbot, schuki, dom
16:04:46 [dan_romascanu]
aacc is me
16:04:51 [ekr]
zakim, aadd is ekr
16:04:51 [Zakim]
+ekr; got it
16:04:57 [richt]
richt has left #webrtc
16:05:06 [stephane]
stephane has joined #webrtc
16:05:13 [stefanh]
16:05:16 [tuexen]
zakim, ??P36 is me
16:05:16 [Zakim]
+tuexen; got it
16:05:20 [Zakim]
+ +
16:05:21 [jesup]
zakim, who is on the call
16:05:21 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the call', jesup
16:05:29 [fluffy]
@dan, try that with Zakim, before it
16:05:30 [ekr]
zakim, who is here?
16:05:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see hta, dom, stefanh, adambe, jesuslaptop, fluffy.a, Milan_Patel, Dan_Druta, fluffy, tuexen, [IPcaller], gmandyam, ekr, [Mozilla], +
16:05:31 [martin]
* I'm either ??P36 or [IPcaller]
16:05:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see stephane, jib, gmandyam, dan_romascanu, JeromeMarcon, hta, Milan_Patel, ekr, adambe, martin, stefanh, DanD, jesup, burn, Zakim, RRSAgent, fluffy, mreavy, tuexen,
16:05:33 [Zakim]
... Josh_Soref_, Dweezahr, danielfi_, hiro, heath, trackbot, schuki
16:05:36 [dom]
Zakim, who's on the call?
16:05:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see hta, dom, stefanh, adambe, jesuslaptop, fluffy.a, Milan_Patel, Dan_Druta, fluffy, tuexen, [IPcaller], gmandyam, ekr, [Mozilla], +
16:05:58 [martin]
zakim, I am [IPcaller]
16:05:58 [Zakim]
ok, martin, I now associate you with [IPcaller]
16:06:16 [dan_romascanu]
zakim - i am on the phone - +972 ... aacc
16:06:17 [JeromeMarcon]
aaee is me
16:06:20 [Josh_Soref_]
Josh_Soref_ has changed the topic to: conference Team_(webrtc)16:01Z scheduled with code 26631 (CONF1) for 60 minutes until 1701Z
16:06:26 [dom]
Zakim, aaee is JeromeMarcon
16:06:26 [Zakim]
+JeromeMarcon; got it
16:06:27 [juberti]
juberti has joined #webrtc
16:06:35 [dom]
Zakim, aacc is dan_romascanu
16:06:35 [Zakim]
sorry, dom, I do not recognize a party named 'aacc'
16:06:39 [Zakim]
+ +1.267.934.aaff
16:06:39 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref has changed the topic to: conference Team_(webrtc)16:01Z scheduled with code 26631 (CONF1) for 60 minutes until 1701Z
16:06:41 [juberti]
Zakim, who's here
16:06:42 [Zakim]
juberti, you need to end that query with '?'
16:06:44 [AndyHutton]
AndyHutton has joined #webrtc
16:06:46 [jesup]
zakim, jesuslaptop is me
16:06:47 [Zakim]
+jesup; got it
16:07:04 [dan_romascanu]
what do you mean I do not recognize?
16:07:07 [Zakim]
16:07:20 [jesup]
That was weird... Thanks whomever set my name that way at the MediaCap telco ;-)
16:07:30 [Zakim]
+ +1.972.999.aagg
16:07:30 [hta]
check for document links
16:07:43 [Zakim]
+ +44.190.881.aahh
16:07:46 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.893.aaii
16:07:55 [juberti]
Zakim, aaii is juberti
16:07:55 [Zakim]
+juberti; got it
16:07:59 [Jim]
Jim has joined #webrtc
16:08:04 [Zakim]
+ +
16:08:53 [stefanh]
Josh, are you volonteering?
16:09:16 [dom]
Zakim, who's noisy?
16:09:27 [Zakim]
dom, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: hta (37%), fluffy.a (10%)
16:10:31 [stefanh]
scribe: stefanh
16:10:41 [stefanh]
hta: agenda first
16:10:53 [stefanh]
approve minutes from last meeting
16:11:03 [stefanh]
....ok, minutes approved
16:11:05 [Zakim]
+ +
16:11:25 [stefanh]
next on the agenda: Justin and states
16:11:25 [dom]
-> Justin's slides
16:11:57 [dom]
i/stefanh: next/Topic: WebRTC States
16:12:13 [stefanh]
Justing: continuation of conv in Lyon
16:12:23 [Zakim]
16:12:24 [stefanh]
....capture the discussion in proposed changes
16:12:37 [stefanh]
16:12:48 [stefanh]
....could be named signaling state instead
16:13:07 [stefanh]
...readyState similar to WS really
16:13:22 [timpanton]
timpanton has joined #webrtc
16:13:26 [stefanh] gets notified about changes via statechange callback
16:13:27 [jesup]
I agree on name change since it doesn't match the "common" cross-api readyState
16:13:35 [stefanh]
...state removed
16:13:52 [stefanh]
....changed names in sentOffer/Answer
16:14:03 [stefanh]
...prAnswer missing from eds draft
16:14:21 [AdamRoach]
AdamRoach has joined #webrtc
16:14:21 [stefanh] slide shows update
16:14:28 [stefanh] "new" state
16:14:50 [stefanh]
Martin: question on a transtion
16:15:06 [stefanh]
....list should be updated to make this clearer
16:15:21 [stefanh]
Justin: will fix this and update names
16:15:36 [jesup]
16:16:04 [dom]
+1 on rtcsignalingstate and signalingState accessor
16:16:15 [stefanh]
Decided to change name to RTCSignalingState, onsignalingstatechange
16:16:25 [jesup]
ekr and hta also agreed with name change
16:16:40 [stefanh]
Justin: carrying on to ICE states
16:16:51 [stefanh]
...change gathering state name
16:17:40 [stefanh]
...RTCICEGatheringstate ICEGatheringstate
16:18:01 [stefanh] explicit callback, find out via null ice callback
16:18:15 [stefanh]
...can also poll to find out state
16:18:17 [dom]
Zakim, who's noisy?
16:18:28 [Zakim]
dom, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: hta (29%), fluffy.a (5%), juberti (63%), + (65%)
16:18:32 [dom]
Zakim, mute aakk
16:18:33 [Zakim]
+ should now be muted
16:18:35 [vidhya]
vidhya has joined #webrtc
16:18:37 [stefanh]
...moving on to ICEConnection state
16:18:59 [stefanh]
...prev called ICEstate, to change to ICEconn...state
16:19:16 [stefanh]
....ICEconnectionstate seems to be preferred
16:19:55 [stefanh]
Everyone seems happy with name changes
16:20:15 [stefanh]
Justing: getting rid of starting state, go directly to new state
16:20:28 [stefanh] slide updated based on disc in Lyon
16:20:46 [stefanh]
...details of transitions, time-outs,
16:20:57 [stefanh]
...look at slides
16:21:30 [stefanh]
Justin: when would you change from connected to completed for the control side?
16:22:09 [stefanh]
...updated offer not usable as originally thought
16:22:23 [stefanh]
Cullen: when the candidate list to receive was empty
16:22:42 [stefanh]
Ekr: confusing concept
16:22:55 [stefanh]
Justin: not clear when
16:23:03 [stefanh]
Ekr: is this important?
16:23:31 [stefanh]
Cullen: yes, then you know things are stable (jitter buffers can settle and so on)
16:24:06 [stefanh]
....important to know in JS. Now you know things are as good as they will be
16:24:36 [stefanh]
Justin: When swapping from TURN to direct, is this a case
16:24:57 [stefanh]
Cullen: yes, and knowing stats will not get better
16:25:07 [stefanh]
Ekr: I'm not sure we need this
16:25:28 [stefanh]
Cullen: this is another thing
16:25:52 [stefanh]
...let's discuss if we need to know when ICE state machine is done
16:26:01 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, where is +91?
16:26:01 [Zakim]
country code 91 is India
16:26:05 [stefanh]
Justin: very hard to know at controlling side
16:26:22 [stefanh]
Cullen: fair enough
16:26:43 [stefanh]
Ekr: when can control side abandon candidates is the minimum to know
16:27:25 [stefanh]
Cullen: this stuff is very unclear in spec (RFC presumably meant)
16:27:56 [stefanh]
Ekr: need to know when we can free up turn server resources
16:28:28 [stefanh]
Tim: is this not when you stop sending indications
16:28:41 [stefanh]
Justin: not strong enough signal for this
16:28:59 [stefanh] clear way for control side to know other side is done
16:29:31 [stefanh]
Cullen: need to go look in the ICE spec
16:29:48 [stefanh]
Ekr: refering to ICE spec
16:30:05 [stefanh]
16:30:19 [stefanh]
Cullen: nothing in offer saying ICE is done
16:30:33 [stefanh]
Justin: can't solve here
16:30:59 [stefanh]
...ACTION: sort out if we can know when going to finished
16:31:15 [stefanh]
Ekr: need to solve this
16:31:34 [stefanh]
Martin: Use renogitationneeded and send a new offer
16:31:45 [stefanh]
hta: who can take on this?
16:32:08 [stefanh]
ACTION justin to drive proposal
16:32:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-75 - Drive proposal [on Justin Uberti - due 2012-12-20].
16:32:09 [Zakim]
16:32:16 [burn]
zakim, I am Dan_Burnett
16:32:16 [Zakim]
ok, burn, I now associate you with Dan_Burnett
16:32:51 [stefanh]
(speculation on solutions)
16:33:03 [stefanh]
(between a few people)
16:33:23 [stefanh]
Justin: any other comments?
16:33:51 [stefanh]
....Question on ICE restart chaning states
16:34:09 [stefanh]
...ICE restart not described before
16:34:31 [stefanh]
...proposal to use constraints with createOffer/Answer
16:34:59 [stefanh]
...get an SDP with new ufrag passwd
16:35:09 [stefanh]
....signaled, and ICE restarts
16:35:51 [stefanh]
Martin: implicit creation of ufrag passwd in this situation?
16:36:17 [stefanh]
Justin: yes use that as trigger, leaning towards implicit
16:36:56 [stefanh]
Martin: App assumed not to be allowed to change ufrag/passwd, but this might not be true
16:37:08 [stefanh]
Ekr: seeems like an othogonal question
16:37:22 [stefanh]
...prefer explicit indicator
16:37:50 [stefanh]
...reading the slide: (scribe losing track)
16:38:14 [stefanh]
Justin: setLocal triggers ICE restart on local side
16:38:32 [martin]
ekr: we're continuing the invariant that setRemote doesn't do very much
16:38:37 [stefanh]
Ekr: What will happen, will user experience a pause
16:39:13 [martin]
justin: we don't dump the existing flows, but we bring up the new candidate pairs to create a replacement flow, when that's ready, we use the new one
16:39:35 [stefanh]
ekr: when can I completely cut over
16:39:48 [stefanh]
justin: unsolved
16:40:18 [stefanh]
...weird edge cases
16:40:30 [stefanh]
...original conn can come back up
16:40:55 [stefanh]
martin: go to completed when on the new flows
16:41:11 [stefanh]
...go to new flow as soon as connected
16:41:30 [stefanh]
justing: will create new slides and examples
16:41:50 [stefanh]
cullen: use make before break to make sure nice experience
16:42:21 [stefanh]
martin: what happens when new flow fails and old one coems back
16:42:29 [stefanh]
..chanse to revive
16:42:48 [hta]
action juberti: create a specific example of cutover after an ICE restart.
16:42:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-76 - Create a specific example of cutover after an ICE restart. [on Justin Uberti - due 2012-12-20].
16:42:49 [martin]
a truth table with the different states might help
16:43:01 [stefanh]
Ekr: maintaining several xxx
16:43:10 [stefanh]
...feature needed to have?
16:43:18 [hta]
xxx = connections at the same time.
16:43:35 [stefanh]
cullen: would be nice, to keep both a WiFi and a 3G connection at the same time
16:43:54 [stefanh]
ekr: how does this work with signaling and ice restart?
16:44:18 [stefanh]
...what are the mechanics
16:44:35 [stefanh]
justin: need to look into ice mobility stuff
16:44:50 [stefanh]
...keep existing connections during restart
16:44:59 [stefanh]
....preserve media flows
16:45:23 [martin]
I'd like to recommend that if we want this feature, we go to mmusic
16:45:25 [stefanh]
hta: moving toward "nice to have", let's move one
16:45:52 [stefanh]
ekr: trickle ice during connection completed to update
16:46:06 [stefanh]
cullen: would go back to connecting
16:46:21 [stefanh]
hta: ice restart useful for rehydration
16:46:30 [fluffy]
fluffy has joined #webrtc
16:46:50 [stefanh]
justin: ice restart throws candidates away - gives clean slate
16:47:19 [stefanh]
adambe: if someone told me to use ice restart, i'd use updateice
16:47:33 [stefanh]
...more natural to have ice restart in update
16:47:52 [stefanh]
justing: more natural to do via existing signaling mechs
16:48:05 [stefanh]
...change name to make this more clear
16:48:15 [stefanh]
adambe: that was my thinking
16:48:41 [stefanh]
Tim: q on ice restart constraint: can media be added in conjuction?
16:48:51 [stefanh]
justin: should be possible
16:49:02 [martin]
16:49:26 [stefanh]
justin: should be OK
16:49:42 [stefanh]
Andy: some comments re jsep on that
16:49:49 [stefanh]
justin: now rollback
16:50:06 [stefanh] make clear: drive signaling state backwards
16:50:19 [stefanh]
...if other side does not want to do what's in offer
16:50:39 [stefanh]
...roll back to stable state
16:51:07 [stefanh]
...also if a new offer meaning that previous should be ignored
16:51:27 [stefanh]
martin: easy to explain and implement
16:52:01 [stefanh]
...rejection on an offer would often be based on what the offer contains, so after setting offer you need to back
16:52:36 [stefanh]
justin: easy to implement. More difficult in a prAnswer case, relaed to crypto keys
16:52:56 [stefanh]
...not clear how media can be decoded with new and old key
16:53:18 [stefanh]
cullen: need to nail down what happens to media during transition states
16:53:30 [stefanh]
...what media is received, what is transmitted
16:53:46 [martin]
it's more than just media, justin's comment about DTLS negotiation is an interesting one to think on
16:54:02 [ekr]
I tuned out for a minute. Can you repeat?
16:54:17 [stefanh]
justin: existing and new media descriptions must be handled
16:54:37 [stefanh]
martin: pranswer can be replaced to a stage where is does not contain anything
16:55:19 [stefanh]
cullen: when we figurre out what we want to do in non provisional cases the provisional ones will be easy
16:55:41 [stefanh]
randell: agree to cullen and marting.
16:56:05 [stefanh]
....need to cover that version, martin gave one, need more
16:56:18 [stefanh]
...may not be as hard as i make it up to be
16:56:44 [stefanh]
cullen: do non-prov first
16:57:01 [stefanh]
martin: on offer side prAns does not do a lot
16:57:10 [stefanh]
...don't worry that much about media
16:57:24 [stefanh]
justin: disagree on this
16:57:40 [stefanh]
...pranswer has all cap of an answer
16:57:56 [stefanh]
hta: still not fully clear on rollback reqs
16:58:35 [stefanh]
justing: haveRemote / haveLocal to stable rollback
16:58:49 [stefanh]
...first, do prStuff later
16:59:13 [stefanh]
cullen: would like us to come to prStuff as well
16:59:20 [stefanh]
...but do basic thing first
16:59:30 [stefanh]
...and next layer after that
16:59:44 [stefanh]
justin: api
17:00:33 [stefanh]
...a couple of ways.
17:00:39 [martin]
RTCSessionDescription.ROLLBACK constant might make this one easier to write code for
17:01:15 [stefanh]
...method, setL/R with session desc "rollback", setL/R with null
17:01:53 [stefanh]
...programming errors could trgger a rollback if we use "null"
17:02:12 [stefanh]
....conclusion: prefer setL/R with rollback session desc
17:02:55 [stefanh]
cullen: sdp can get out of sync. JS and UA have different understanding about what to roll back to
17:03:13 [stefanh]
justin: can supply the sdp we're rolling back to
17:03:33 [stefanh]
...fragile if wrong sdp is supplied
17:03:52 [stefanh]
dan: i like supplying the sdp rolling back to
17:04:09 [stefanh]
...the only way to can know is to supply the description
17:04:16 [stefanh] that idea
17:04:33 [stefanh]
cullen: but you can always get what you rolled back to
17:04:49 [stefanh]
dan: you can find out you rolled back to the wrong state
17:05:12 [stefanh]
hta: equavelent to record the sdp beforehand
17:05:49 [stefanh]
martin: the UA can keep track of the descriptions, app can check
17:06:05 [stefanh]
...which one you'd roll back to
17:06:42 [stefanh]
....constant on rtcsessiondesc (essentially justin number two)
17:06:57 [stefanh]
...constant describe type of rollback
17:07:09 [stefanh]
cullen: why not just make a new method
17:07:23 [jesup]
zakim: randell is jesup
17:07:41 [stefanh]
ekr: option two allows rollback without app intervention
17:08:10 [stefanh]
cullen: come around to number two with martins addition
17:08:33 [stefanh]
Jim: can you go back several steps?
17:08:37 [stefanh]
justin: no
17:08:51 [ekr]
recording martins proposal: justin's proposal #2 plus explicit accessors for current and expected SDP states
17:09:24 [stefanh]
martin: becomes a bit odd in certain situations
17:09:35 [stefanh]
justin: see what you mean
17:09:52 [stefanh]
...we may be overdesigning
17:10:20 [stefanh]
martin: lets do basic first, next pranswer
17:10:35 [stefanh]
justin: slide 11 overview o what rollback does
17:10:57 [stefanh]
(refer to slide for details)
17:11:15 [martin]
proposal is to go with option #2 for rollback: set{Local,Remote}Description(new RTCSessionDescription({type:'rollback'})) and expose new attributes that show the whole set of four descriptions that could be in effect: both the stable+pending and local+remote descriptions.
17:11:42 [stefanh]
cullen: seems good, dislike phrasing "move state back"
17:11:54 [stefanh]
hta: adjust later
17:12:10 [ekr]
I tend to agree with cullen that "one state back" is creepy
17:12:24 [ekr]
especially since there are cases we can't roll back from, e.g., stable
17:12:44 [stefanh]
cullen: need to roll back to a specific state
17:12:57 [stefanh]
ACTION cullen: use case for rollback
17:12:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-77 - Use case for rollback [on Cullen Jennings - due 2012-12-20].
17:13:06 [martin]
that use case might drive us toward a different API surface
17:13:16 [stefanh]
justin: last slide
17:13:49 [stefanh]
....situatins when gathering will be stopped and candidates abandoned
17:14:12 [stefanh]
...can be used for getting pool candidates actually
17:14:35 [stefanh]
...some things can not be fully rolled back
17:14:48 [stefanh]
...remove stream for example
17:15:01 [stefanh]
hta: covered this topic
17:15:27 [stefanh]
...settled on a proposal on local/remote offer state, will look at other state later
17:15:44 [stefanh]
switch to candidate warmup session
17:15:54 [stefanh]
17:15:58 [ekr_]
ekr_ has joined #webrtc
17:16:02 [stefanh]
slides, look at slide 2
17:16:05 [dom]
Topic: Candidate Warmup
17:16:10 [jesup]
justin and martin discussed using this as a way to have "warm" candidates ("too cunning" per martin, but interesting)
17:16:32 [dom]
-> Candidate Warmup slides
17:16:34 [stefanh]
...prewarmed candidates can make things faster
17:16:47 [stefanh]
....but you don't always know how many to gather
17:16:57 [stefanh]
...slide 3: this was proposed in lyon
17:17:20 [stefanh]
...discussed a bit on the list
17:17:47 [stefanh]
...not possible to know what m-lines the candidates belong to
17:18:11 [stefanh]
...pc can look at them and add to remote pool or ignore
17:18:40 [stefanh]
...reset pool to zero when local desc created
17:18:51 [stefanh]
...drop part on states
17:20:00 [stefanh]
ekr: (scribe missed some issues)
17:20:21 [stefanh]
...preference: keep them in the pool but don't generate events
17:20:59 [stefanh]
...related q: pool, call createLocal, call oncandidate before or after
17:21:16 [stefanh]
martin: you never know when the offer will be set
17:21:56 [stefanh]
cullen: when i pool, but not used, can I see them in the stats api?
17:22:20 [stefanh]
martin: probably not
17:22:25 [stefanh]
cullen: should be
17:22:33 [stefanh]
hta: yes you would get them
17:22:47 [stefanh]
justin:need to indicate that they are not used
17:23:14 [stefanh]
ekr: interaction pool-creatO-xxx
17:23:50 [stefanh]
...candidates disappear
17:24:17 [Zakim]
17:24:22 [stefanh]
hta: there issues with doing them after create offer
17:24:55 [stefanh]
martin: supress events until after createOffer
17:25:09 [stefanh]
(many agreeing)
17:25:24 [stefanh]
jim: change name of setting
17:25:35 [fluffy]
+1 jim
17:25:40 [stefanh]
martin: great idea
17:25:51 [stefanh]
...will send an email
17:26:21 [stefanh] need to change ice states
17:26:57 [martin]
I'm going to go with preGatherCandidates : nonNegativeInteger
17:27:04 [stefanh]
hta: anyone read DTMF?
17:27:15 [stefanh]
...ok to insert in spec?
17:27:35 [stefanh]
cullen: no, I don't object, seems workable
17:28:04 [martin]
I just read the proposal. I like it.
17:28:05 [stefanh]
Decision: editors will insert DTMF api in the Editor's draft
17:28:09 [jesup]
jesup read it as well
17:28:38 [stefanh]
Dan: did we decide on not-fifo
17:28:49 [stefanh]
martin: what we have is workable, put it in
17:29:13 [jesup]
Agree with martin we should insert it
17:29:16 [stefanh]
justin: detailed questions on when DTMF would work
17:29:28 [stefanh]
(I think this should go in too)
17:29:46 [stefanh]
hta: canInsertDTMF attribute
17:29:54 [stefanh]
...can change during session
17:30:15 [stefanh]
...insertDTMF method on dtmf sender
17:30:35 [stefanh]
...associated with correct track at creation time
17:30:56 [stefanh]
More discussion needed on stats API
17:31:15 [dom]
i/hta: anyone/Topic: DTMF
17:31:20 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:31:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
17:31:24 [stefanh]
cullen: you can always create the sender
17:31:34 [stefanh]
dan: can the sender go away?
17:31:49 [dom]
Chair: HTA, stefanh
17:31:52 [stefanh]
justin: no, can't go away even if it can't send
17:32:12 [stefanh]
justin: add example to DTMF
17:32:21 [stefanh]
ACTION add dtmf example
17:32:21 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find add. You can review and register nicknames at <>.
17:32:23 [hta]
Action HTA: Add an example to the proposal.
17:32:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-78 - Add an example to the proposal. [on Harald Alvestrand - due 2012-12-20].
17:32:30 [dom]
i/next on the agenda/Topic: WebRTC States
17:32:35 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:32:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
17:32:53 [Zakim]
17:33:09 [Zakim]
17:33:10 [Zakim]
17:33:12 [dom]
Zakim, list attendees
17:33:12 [Zakim]
17:33:12 [Zakim]
17:33:12 [Zakim]
17:33:12 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been hta, stefanh, dom, +, jesus|laptop, +1.408.902.aabb, Milan_Patel, Dan_Druta, +972.9.957.aacc, [IPcaller], fluffy, gmandyam,
17:33:12 [Zakim]
... adambe, +1.650.678.aadd, [Mozilla], ekr, tuexen, +, JeromeMarcon, +1.267.934.aaff, jesup, Jim_Barnett, +1.972.999.aagg, +44.190.881.aahh, +1.425.893.aaii,
17:33:13 [Zakim]
... juberti, +, +, Dan_Burnett
17:33:13 [Zakim]
17:33:13 [Zakim]
17:33:13 [Zakim]
17:33:14 [Zakim]
17:33:14 [Zakim]
17:33:14 [Zakim]
17:33:14 [Zakim]
17:33:15 [Zakim]
17:33:15 [Zakim]
17:33:15 [Zakim]
- +
17:33:16 [Zakim]
17:33:16 [Zakim]
- +1.972.999.aagg
17:33:17 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:33:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
17:33:17 [Zakim]
- +44.190.881.aahh
17:33:20 [Zakim]
- +1.267.934.aaff
17:36:28 [Zakim]
17:37:04 [Zakim]
- +
17:37:32 [jesup]
jesup has left #webrtc
17:42:04 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, fluffy.a, in Team_(webrtc)16:01Z
17:42:05 [Zakim]
Team_(webrtc)16:01Z has ended
17:42:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were hta, stefanh, dom, +, jesus|laptop, +1.408.902.aabb, Milan_Patel, Dan_Druta, +972.9.957.aacc, [IPcaller], fluffy, gmandyam, adambe, +1.650.678.aadd,
17:42:05 [Zakim]
... [Mozilla], ekr, tuexen, +, JeromeMarcon, +1.267.934.aaff, jesup, Jim_Barnett, +1.972.999.aagg, +44.190.881.aahh, +1.425.893.aaii, juberti, +,
17:42:08 [Zakim]
... +, Dan_Burnett
17:43:32 [dan_romascanu]
dan_romascanu 972-99 ...
17:43:52 [dan_romascanu]
17:55:19 [jib]
jib has left #webrtc
17:55:52 [tuexen]
tuexen has left #webrtc
18:04:48 [ekr]
ekr has joined #webrtc
18:09:45 [hta]
hta has left #webrtc
19:33:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webrtc
20:30:57 [AdamRoach]
AdamRoach has left #webrtc
20:31:57 [mreavy]
mreavy has left #webrtc
22:00:36 [jeffh]
jeffh has joined #webrtc