IRC log of forms on 2012-12-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:32:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #forms
16:32:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/12/12-forms-irc
16:32:55 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:32:55 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #forms
16:32:57 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_XForms
16:32:58 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_XForms()11:00AM already started
16:32:58 [trackbot]
Meeting: Forms Working Group Teleconference
16:32:58 [trackbot]
Date: 12 December 2012
16:33:03 [nvdbleek]
zakim, code?
16:33:03 [Zakim]
the conference code is 93676 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), nvdbleek
16:33:32 [Zakim]
+??P43
16:33:49 [Zakim]
+ +1.323.425.aabb
16:33:50 [alain]
Zakim, I am ??P43
16:33:50 [Zakim]
+alain; got it
16:34:01 [nvdbleek]
zakim, I am +1
16:34:01 [Zakim]
sorry, nvdbleek, I do not see a party named '+1'
16:34:12 [nvdbleek]
zakim, I am +1.323.425.aabb
16:34:13 [Zakim]
+nvdbleek; got it
16:35:35 [nvdbleek]
scribe: Nick
16:35:42 [nvdbleek]
scribe:nvdbleek
16:37:02 [nvdbleek]
TOPIC: XForms 2.0 snapshot review
16:37:12 [nvdbleek]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2012Dec/0000.html
16:37:23 [nvdbleek]
3.2.2.2 (last examples): [0] is not a valid XPath filter and should
16:37:23 [nvdbleek]
be replaced by [1]
16:37:51 [nvdbleek]
ACTION: nvdbleek fix : 3.2.2.2 (last examples): [0] is not a valid XPath filter and should
16:37:52 [nvdbleek]
be replaced by [1]
16:37:52 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1916 - Fix : 3.2.2.2 (last examples): [0] is not a valid XPath filter and should [on Nick Van Den Bleeken - due 2012-12-19].
16:38:42 [nvdbleek]
Nick: For 'problem with the RFC for CSV: a different separator should
16:38:43 [nvdbleek]
be possible (tab is a possible separator and, with French Excel
16:38:43 [nvdbleek]
version, CSV is constructed with ";" instead of ",")'
16:39:00 [nvdbleek]
Nick: Does the current spec doesn't allow you specify the separtor?
16:39:18 [ebruchez]
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180
16:39:32 [ebruchez]
COMMA = %x2C
16:40:36 [nvdbleek]
erik: It is a memo not a real specification
16:42:19 [nvdbleek]
Erik: If in practice different separators are used then this could be a problem. In french the decimal separator is a comma, that is why they don't use a comma
16:44:54 [nvdbleek]
Nick: On the instance we don't have extra attributes for the separator
16:46:52 [nvdbleek]
Erik: In the past Leigh proposed to use submission to be able to specify headers. If we load using submission we could use the attributes on submission
16:47:43 [nvdbleek]
Nick: But the submission attributes are for serialisation not the returned result
16:48:53 [ebruchez]
Erik: but we could change that
16:49:14 [ebruchez]
Erik: and say that the separator attribute works both ways
16:51:26 [nvdbleek]
Nick: We could add an extra mediatype attribute to instance that overrides the parser used to parse the incomming data
16:51:52 [nvdbleek]
Nick: And then we can maybe support a mediatype text/cvs+comma
16:52:25 [nvdbleek]
<xf:instance src="http://foo.com/data.csv" media-type="text/csv+comma"/>
16:53:32 [nvdbleek]
s/media-type/mediatype/
16:54:19 [ebruchez]
Erik: I think I would prefer <xf:instance src="" separator=";">
16:54:22 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: I'm not sure if we can invent our own media-type
16:56:36 [alain]
I'm currently working on supporting ZIP packages with the same problematic for mediatype: http://www.w3.org/community/xformsusers/?p=56&preview=true
16:57:49 [nvdbleek]
Alain: CSV is the only format that has the separator problem
16:59:05 [nvdbleek]
Erik: We should use the separator attribute on submission for CSV
16:59:41 [nvdbleek]
Alain: I think that mediatype on the instance is enough
17:01:39 [nvdbleek]
ACTION: nvdbleek reply to the CSV email and elaborate on the problem with the separator
17:01:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1917 - Reply to the CSV email and elaborate on the problem with the separator [on Nick Van Den Bleeken - due 2012-12-19].
17:01:56 [nvdbleek]
vCard is different from vCalendar and there is the xCard
17:01:57 [nvdbleek]
notation for vCard
17:05:19 [nvdbleek]
Alain: I would propose using xCard
17:05:39 [nvdbleek]
instead of our own markup
17:05:52 [nvdbleek]
Nick: This is just an example
17:06:11 [nvdbleek]
Nick: We should ask steven to add another example that has no XML markup
17:07:38 [nvdbleek]
ACTION: Steven have a look at the vCARD example and replace it with a imaginary markup that has no XML notation
17:07:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1918 - Have a look at the vCARD example and replace it with a imaginary markup that has no XML notation [on Steven Pemberton - due 2012-12-19].
17:08:37 [nvdbleek]
zakim, make minutes
17:08:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'make minutes', nvdbleek
17:08:48 [nvdbleek]
trackbot, end meeting
17:08:48 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
17:08:48 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.650.919.aaaa, +1.323.425.aabb, alain, nvdbleek
17:08:56 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
17:08:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/12/12-forms-minutes.html trackbot
17:08:57 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
17:08:57 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/12/12-forms-actions.rdf :
17:08:57 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: nvdbleek fix : 3.2.2.2 (last examples): [0] is not a valid XPath filter and should [1]
17:08:57 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/12/12-forms-irc#T16-37-51
17:08:57 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: nvdbleek reply to the CSV email and elaborate on the problem with the separator [2]
17:08:57 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/12/12-forms-irc#T17-01-39
17:08:57 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Steven have a look at the vCARD example and replace it with a imaginary markup that has no XML notation [3]
17:08:57 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/12/12-forms-irc#T17-07-38
17:09:04 [Zakim]
- +1.650.919.aaaa