IRC log of rd on 2012-12-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:26:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
14:26:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/12/05-rd-irc
14:26:54 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:26:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rd
14:26:56 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
14:26:56 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
14:26:57 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
14:26:57 [trackbot]
Date: 05 December 2012
14:27:07 [Vivienne]
zakim, mute me
14:27:07 [Zakim]
sorry, Vivienne, I don't know what conference this is
14:27:21 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
14:27:21 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
14:27:23 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:27:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IPcaller]
14:27:30 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is Vivienne
14:27:30 [Zakim]
+Vivienne; got it
14:27:43 [Vivienne]
zakim, mute me
14:27:43 [Zakim]
sorry, Vivienne, muting is not permitted when only one person is present
14:28:12 [Vivienne]
Shadi, how do I comment like that?
14:28:24 [klaus]
klaus has joined #rd
14:28:34 [shadi]
/me this is the comment but without the leading space
14:29:36 [Zakim]
+Shawn
14:29:46 [Vivienne]
zakim, unmute me
14:29:46 [Zakim]
Vivienne was not muted, Vivienne
14:31:06 [sharper]
sharper has joined #rd
14:31:17 [Zakim]
+??P22
14:31:23 [sharper]
zakim, agenda?
14:31:23 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
14:31:37 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:31:41 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is me
14:31:41 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
14:31:47 [sharper]
trackbot, start meeting
14:31:47 [yeliz]
yeliz has joined #rd
14:31:47 [sharper]
zakim, please clear the agenda
14:31:48 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
14:31:48 [annika]
zakim, ??P22 is me
14:31:48 [Zakim]
+annika; got it
14:31:49 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:31:51 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
14:31:51 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start now
14:31:52 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
14:31:52 [trackbot]
Date: 05 December 2012
14:31:56 [sharper]
Chair: Harper_Simon
14:31:56 [sharper]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments) [sharper]
14:31:57 [sharper]
Agenda+ E2R Debeifing (30m) [klaus/all]
14:31:57 [sharper]
Agenda+ Mobile Roadmap (5m) [sharper]
14:31:57 [sharper]
Agenda+ Metrics W3C Note Status (5m) [shadi]
14:31:58 [sharper]
Agenda+ Mobile W3C Note Status (5m) [yeliz/peter]
14:31:58 [sharper]
Agenda+ Text Customisation W3C Note Status (5m) [shawn/david]
14:31:58 [sharper]
Agenda+ Next Topic Plans (10m) [sharper]
14:31:59 [sharper]
Agenda+ Issues and Actions (Standing Item):
14:31:59 [sharper]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/ [sharper]
14:31:59 [sharper]
Agenda+ Any Other Business (Standing Item) [sharper]
14:32:02 [sharper]
zakim, save agenda
14:32:08 [Zakim]
ok, sharper, the agenda has been written to http://www.w3.org/2012/12/05-rd-agenda.rdf
14:32:09 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 1
14:32:09 [annika]
zakim, mute me
14:32:10 [Zakim]
sorry, annika, I don't know what conference this is
14:32:27 [sharper]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:32:27 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:32:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/12/05-rd-minutes.html sharper
14:33:06 [shawn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:33:06 [Zakim]
I notice WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has restarted
14:33:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Vivienne, Shawn, annika, shadi, ??P25, [IPcaller], [IPcaller.a]
14:33:12 [Justin]
Justin has joined #rd
14:33:18 [yeliz]
zakim, [IPcaller] is yeliz
14:33:18 [Zakim]
+yeliz; got it
14:33:21 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:33:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Vivienne, Shawn, annika, shadi, ??P25, yeliz, [IPcaller.a]
14:33:22 [yeliz]
zakim, mute me
14:33:23 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
14:33:36 [Vivienne]
zakim, mute me
14:33:36 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
14:33:39 [klaus]
zakim, ??P25 is me
14:33:39 [Zakim]
+klaus; got it
14:33:43 [kmatausc]
kmatausc has joined #rd
14:33:46 [Zakim]
+??P11
14:33:58 [sharper]
zakim, ??P11 is sharper
14:33:58 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
14:34:00 [silvia]
silvia has joined #rd
14:34:07 [Justin]
zakim, IPcaller.a is me
14:34:07 [Zakim]
+Justin; got it
14:34:08 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
14:34:09 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
14:34:29 [Zakim]
+??P17
14:34:40 [Zakim]
+??P9
14:35:05 [Zakim]
-??P9
14:35:23 [yeliz]
Sorry I cannot do it
14:35:29 [yeliz]
as I have to leave a bit early
14:35:33 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute yeliz
14:35:33 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
14:35:48 [yeliz]
zakim, mute me
14:35:48 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
14:35:51 [kmatausc]
Zakim, ??P17 is me
14:35:51 [Zakim]
+kmatausc; got it
14:35:57 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:36:40 [Vivienne]
okay, will do
14:36:57 [silvia]
zakim, IPcaller is me
14:36:57 [Zakim]
+silvia; got it
14:36:58 [Vivienne]
Scribe:vivienne
14:37:06 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
14:37:06 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
14:37:26 [Vivienne]
zakim, take up agenda 1
14:37:26 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
14:37:40 [Vivienne]
zakim, take up agenda 2
14:37:40 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "E2R Debeifing (30m)" taken up [from klaus/all via sharper]
14:38:11 [klaus]
zakim, unmute me
14:38:11 [Zakim]
klaus should no longer be muted
14:38:12 [Vivienne]
SH: thanks to all for helping with E2R
14:38:38 [Vivienne]
Klaus: thanks to all for support, esp. Shadi, Kerstin
14:39:36 [kmatausc]
Zakim, mute me
14:39:36 [Zakim]
kmatausc should now be muted
14:39:54 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
14:39:54 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
14:39:55 [Vivienne]
Klaus: really liked the way E2R went and we need to discuss how it can be improved
14:40:10 [shawn]
q+ to say many people stayed for third hour -- think make participants was about 32 and mostly 29 for third hour
14:40:14 [Vivienne]
SH: was the time right, or too long?
14:40:14 [shawn]
ack me
14:40:15 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to say many people stayed for third hour -- think make participants was about 32 and mostly 29 for third hour
14:40:16 [klaus]
q+
14:40:33 [kmatausc]
q+
14:40:49 [Vivienne]
Shawn: most people stayed for the 3rd hour - 32 people for most of the time - 29 for the 3rd hour
14:40:51 [klaus]
zakim, unmute me
14:40:51 [Zakim]
klaus should no longer be muted
14:40:59 [sharper]
ack klaus
14:41:35 [sharper]
ack kmat
14:41:37 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
14:41:37 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
14:41:39 [kmatausc]
Zakim, unmute me
14:41:39 [Zakim]
kmatausc was not muted, kmatausc
14:41:48 [Vivienne]
Klaus: feeling was at the beginning if there shouldn't be a possibility for speakers to speak about their own paper. Feel that authors felt their papers were unvalued as they hadn't a chance to talk about them, but this is just my own feeling
14:42:38 [Vivienne]
? speaker: need 2 or 3 moderators so that they can cross-check. Agrees with Shawn that it was good to have the 3rd hour for discussion.
14:42:39 [kmatausc]
Zakim, mute me
14:42:39 [Zakim]
kmatausc should now be muted
14:42:44 [annika]
q+
14:42:49 [annika]
ack me
14:42:49 [sharper]
ack ann
14:42:59 [Vivienne]
Sorry last speaker was kmatausc
14:43:14 [Vivienne]
Kerstin: good to have 3 panels and talk about them 1 at a time
14:43:15 [shawn]
[ now that see how well the 3 hours workd for e2r, kinda wishes we had done 3 hours for tc4r :-]
14:43:35 [Vivienne]
Kerstin: would be good to have more direct questions related to individual panels
14:44:00 [kmatausc]
@Vivienne: This comment came from Annika, not from Kerstin ;)
14:44:05 [Yehya]
Yehya has joined #rd
14:44:11 [Vivienne]
SH: general idea that 3 hours was pretty good and can do that again if we need to - would be good to have questions directed to individuals
14:44:21 [Vivienne]
Sorry Kerstin - thought that was you.
14:44:27 [shawn]
s/ Kerstin: would be good to have more direct questions related to individual panels/ Annika: would be good to have more direct questions related to individual panels/
14:44:31 [shadi]
s/Kerstin: would/Annika: would
14:44:47 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
14:44:58 [shadi]
s/@Vivienne: This comment came from Annika, not from Kerstin ;)/
14:44:59 [sharper]
http://youtu.be/OI3AmuokcLI
14:45:00 [shawn]
s/? speaker: need 2 or 3 moderators so that they can cross-check. /Kerstin: need 2 or 3 moderators so that they can cross-check. /
14:45:11 [Vivienne]
SH: Markel and SH testing in the background to see if it could be recorded.
14:45:12 [Yehya]
zakim, +Klaus/Johannes/Thomas is Yehya
14:45:12 [Zakim]
sorry, Yehya, I do not recognize a party named '+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas'
14:45:34 [shadi]
q+
14:45:44 [Vivienne]
SH: people can listen to the recording and then make their comments about how useful it is
14:45:45 [sharper]
ack shadi
14:45:47 [shadi]
ack me
14:46:13 [Vivienne]
Shadi: Simon are you able to delete the recording?
14:46:32 [Vivienne]
Shadi: we didn't ask for permission to record, even though we have captioning
14:46:34 [Yehya]
zakim, Klaus/Johannes/Thomas is Yehya
14:46:34 [Zakim]
+Yehya; got it
14:46:49 [Vivienne]
SH: we need to check whether it can be deleted
14:47:17 [Vivienne]
Shawn: should we go ahead and add to the template - permission to record
14:47:21 [Vivienne]
SH: I think so
14:47:25 [klaus]
+1
14:47:31 [Justin]
+1
14:47:43 [Vivienne]
Shadi: only if we are going to record, otherwise people would ask for afterward. It shouldn't be a problem to add it in if we are going to record
14:48:18 [shawn]
s/ should we go ahead and add to the template - permission to record/ should we go ahead and add to the registration template permission to record, just in case/
14:48:20 [Vivienne]
Shadi: also need to look at the privacy aspects of YouTube seeing you decided to record as it would require people to use YouTube's privacy policy to listen to the broadcast
14:48:59 [Vivienne]
SH: have no issues with this and I'll look at how to delete it when I check out the interface
14:49:11 [Vivienne]
SH: now set to private
14:49:20 [shawn]
[ Shawn thinks few people will listen to the recording anyway - more might skim the transcript (but maybe I'm wrong:-) ]
14:49:29 [shadi]
action: shadi to check if any issues with broadcasting symposia through YouTube (in addition to phone)
14:49:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-33 - Check if any issues with broadcasting symposia through YouTube (in addition to phone) [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2012-12-12].
14:49:36 [shadi]
q+
14:49:47 [sharper]
ack sha
14:49:50 [Vivienne]
SH: system works, so broadcasting by different stream work well and the sound quality is as good as the teleconference system, esp as we're already transcribing it
14:50:10 [Vivienne]
Shadi: is there a way to add to the captions or link to the transcript from the audio we have
14:50:19 [shadi]
ack me
14:50:30 [Vivienne]
Shawn: you can add in YouTube and add a link to the transcript
14:51:00 [Vivienne]
SH: don't know if you can have a captioning stream - there is a captioning file or transcript option
14:51:39 [Vivienne]
SH: there is a "time-coded caption file"
14:52:22 [Vivienne]
Shawn: our file isn't time-coded, but thought it could upload non time-coded transcript
14:52:28 [Vivienne]
SH: yes we can upload it
14:52:47 [Vivienne]
SH: first hour is a bit all over the place, but the rest is good
14:53:42 [Vivienne]
Shadi: will run it through HTML tidy and send it to SH
14:54:04 [shawn]
q+
14:54:09 [sharper]
ack sh
14:54:09 [shawn]
ack me
14:54:28 [shawn]
transcript editing - other people were doing (plus Shawn noting speakers the captioner didn't get) - perhaps do this in a separate IRC channel?
14:55:03 [shawn]
captioned text --> corrected text
14:55:11 [Vivienne]
Shawn: transcript clean-up will take quite a bit of work this time. It isn't as accurate, some because of the sound quality. There were in the chat log someone else has been making some corrections.
14:56:16 [Vivienne]
Shawn: captioner missed someof the speakers names so these have been put in the chat. Do we want to think about making that process easier? Do we put in a separate IRC channel, or do something to on the fly be able to note captioning edits for the transcript?
14:56:19 [shadi]
q+
14:56:24 [sharper]
ack sha
14:57:06 [shawn]
q+ to say it was non-RDWG participants who put in corrections
14:57:13 [shawn]
ack me
14:57:13 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to say it was non-RDWG participants who put in corrections
14:57:17 [Vivienne]
Shadi: fix is rather easy, as we were only logging the public channel, not the back channel. Next time we can log the back channel as well so the moderators can just add their own notes.
14:57:34 [Vivienne]
Shawn: it was non-rdwg participants that put the corrections in the chat log
14:57:57 [Vivienne]
Shadi: that would end up in the channel anyway. But we can encourage RDWG participants to help with the clean-up that way.
14:58:27 [Vivienne]
Shadi: Klaus talked about the amount of work to track, so volunteers could try to pick up mistakes
14:58:50 [Vivienne]
Zakim, take up next
14:58:50 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
14:59:07 [Vivienne]
zakim, take up agendum 3
14:59:07 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Mobile Roadmap (5m)" taken up [from sharper]
14:59:59 [Vivienne]
Shawn: Simon could you type up what you figured out for the audio streaming
15:00:26 [Vivienne]
SH: need to find out if W3C are happy with the streaming process
15:01:03 [Vivienne]
SH: for next week, can we get experts in for what is coming next
15:01:24 [Vivienne]
zakim, unmute me
15:01:24 [Zakim]
Vivienne should no longer be muted
15:01:42 [Vivienne]
Simon: can you put those names in for people who are invited, as I missed them
15:01:47 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
15:01:47 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
15:01:57 [Vivienne]
zakim, mute me
15:01:57 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
15:02:12 [Vivienne]
SH; the core group can get the input from these experts
15:02:22 [Vivienne]
zakim, unmute me
15:02:23 [Zakim]
Vivienne should no longer be muted
15:02:24 [shadi]
q+
15:02:29 [Vivienne]
q+
15:02:40 [sharper]
ack shadi
15:03:25 [Vivienne]
Shadi: you invited those people to next week's call? Have they agreed to attend? What is the mobile roadmap vs the mobile research report
15:04:27 [shadi]
q+
15:05:05 [Vivienne]
SH: at the Web Coordination meeting Judy asked me to invite a group of experts to discuss the mobile roadmap for the future what would be a sub-section of the mobile accessibility notes. We would devote a teleconference to this, in which invited experts and the core group so we can talk about what is included in the roadmap for the future. Coordination group is very keen on this.
15:05:07 [sharper]
ack Viv
15:05:11 [Vivienne]
ack me
15:05:50 [shawn]
s/Web Coordination /WAI Coordination Group/
15:06:23 [shawn]
s/ can you put those names in for people who are invited, as I missed them/ Clayton Lewis, Gregg Vanderheiden
15:07:15 [shawn]
Henny Swan
15:07:19 [Vivienne]
SH: also Henny Swan
15:07:36 [Vivienne]
zakim, mute me
15:07:36 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
15:07:45 [sharper]
ack shadi
15:08:37 [shawn]
q+ to say need a clear plan for the teleconference if want to get it covered in 1 hour. (also, we had planned to bring the draft tc4r report to RDWG next week, but sounds like there won't be time)
15:09:37 [Vivienne]
Shadi: I appreciate you implementing the suggestion of the coordination, and as you've invited them for next week, I'm missing the coordination with the rest of the group. Maybe send a summary to the list of what you've asked them to discuss. Didn't the coordination group ask us to bring the experts in for the development of the note? It is unclear to me what the situation is for the report.
15:09:38 [Vivienne]
Maybe we should be making better use of the time for the group and tht of the experts. Can you put it in the mailing list for next week?
15:10:28 [shawn]
q?
15:10:54 [sharper]
ack shawn
15:10:54 [shawn]
ack me
15:10:55 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to say need a clear plan for the teleconference if want to get it covered in 1 hour. (also, we had planned to bring the draft tc4r report to RDWG next week, but
15:10:55 [Zakim]
... sounds like there won't be time)
15:10:55 [Vivienne]
SH: it is my fault for not feeding out to the group initially, but it was mentioned about 3 weeks ago. I don't have any particular questions - wanted an open round-table discussion - questions should be open and free-form. Ask questions about the development of the mobile web in an open way. In their opinion how do they see the accessible mobile web evolving.
15:12:13 [Vivienne]
Shadi: sometimes it might be good to have a more structured discussion - seems like we're repeating some of the content of the symposium. This is a little bit out of the blue, concerned about getting those people in without a plan of what we're getting them in for, and having no input from the group
15:13:24 [shawn]
ack me
15:13:27 [Vivienne]
SH: the plan is unstructured, open round-table where we can equally discuss the way that this move forward. We can look at writing the final parts of the draft version this Friday and can show it to the group. There isn't any need for a structured discussion here. Did take this to the group 3 weeks ago.
15:14:25 [Vivienne]
Shawn: was going to echo Shadi's sentiments. Suggest you re-think your plan for unstructured. To get quality discussion you will need specific questions, esp as we only have 1 hour.
15:14:51 [Vivienne]
Shawn: we were hoping to bring a draft of the customization to rdwg next week, but it sounds like there won't be time
15:15:20 [yeliz]
+1
15:15:23 [silvia]
ok for me
15:15:24 [Vivienne]
can you repeat that Simon
15:15:25 [shawn]
s/was going to echo Shadi's sentiments. / /
15:15:46 [Vivienne]
SH: we would meet on 19th, then break for 2 weeks, and then come back in the 3rd week
15:16:13 [Vivienne]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:16:13 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Metrics W3C Note Status (5m) " taken up [from shadi via sharper]
15:16:25 [shawn]
s/can you repeat that Simon//
15:17:37 [shawn]
q+
15:17:39 [shawn]
ack me
15:17:41 [Vivienne]
Shadi: managed to look at the editors input. Only issue was the disposition of comments is in Google docs and it needs to be extracted into html so it can be archived into w3c space. Markel will try to get it before the end of the year. Once that is ready, it can be posted online with their notes so that the group can review that.
15:17:42 [sharper]
ack sha
15:17:58 [Vivienne]
Shawn: do we need the Dof Comments in html to review it?
15:18:26 [shawn]
s/Dof Comments /Disposition of Comments/
15:18:30 [Vivienne]
Shawn: the WG needs to be able to see the Disposition of Comments
15:18:54 [Vivienne]
Shadi: it is a public document and it needs to be accessible - has to be converted into html anyway.
15:19:08 [Vivienne]
zakim, take up agendum 5
15:19:08 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Mobile W3C Note Status (5m) " taken up [from yeliz/peter via sharper]
15:19:25 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute yeliz
15:19:25 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
15:19:48 [shadi]
+1 excellent work!
15:19:49 [Vivienne]
Yeliz: we will convert it to html and share it with the group soon
15:20:07 [yeliz]
zakim, mute me
15:20:07 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
15:20:08 [Vivienne]
SH: will look at it on Friday
15:20:25 [Vivienne]
zakim, take up agendum 6
15:20:25 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Text Customisation W3C Note Status (5m) " taken up [from shawn/david via sharper]
15:20:30 [shawn]
ack me
15:20:58 [Vivienne]
Shawn: we had hoped to have it for next week, but will take the extra week and will have something ready for 19th's meeting - please schedule
15:21:29 [Vivienne]
zakim, take up agendum 7
15:21:29 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Next Topic Plans (10m)" taken up [from sharper]
15:21:42 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
15:21:42 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
15:22:26 [Vivienne]
SH: have no topics yet on the slate. Suggestions given out a few weeks ago about what might be a good way to go and had lots of positive comments, but might have to extend the time between them.
15:23:06 [Vivienne]
SH: can we discuss about thoughts for that plan. We need to have a plan for after Christmas.
15:23:24 [shadi]
q+
15:23:26 [shawn]
q+
15:23:29 [sharper]
ack sha
15:24:10 [yeliz]
I have to go now, have to give an exam to my students, byee
15:24:21 [shawn]
q-
15:24:22 [Zakim]
-Justin
15:24:24 [Vivienne]
Shadi: move forward in terms of developing thoughts on how to decide on next topic - availability of someone who wants to lead is a key factor. Consider anticipated impact on accessibility, currency of topic etc.
15:25:19 [Vivienne]
SH: Yehya and Christos and whoever you might want to recruit to help.
15:25:43 [Vivienne]
Yehya: many people will be able to help and support - have approached some already. Was it planned for February?
15:26:06 [Vivienne]
SH: has been put down for February, but that can be discussed - maybe March
15:26:14 [Vivienne]
Yehya: end of February or beginning of March
15:26:19 [shadi]
q+
15:26:24 [sharper]
ack shadi
15:27:10 [Vivienne]
Shadi: I'm not sure this is going to be feasible from an organisational perspective - have a huge load to catch up on first. Have we discussed with coordination group and others why this topic and not others?
15:27:18 [Yehya]
q+
15:27:32 [Vivienne]
Shadi: I don't think we can handle another one yet?
15:27:38 [sharper]
ack yeh
15:28:06 [shawn]
q+
15:28:32 [shadi]
q+
15:28:35 [Vivienne]
Yehya: you have to tell me and Christos beforehand so we can prepare a description of the symposium. You should inform us so we have enough time to prepare the materials to be ready for the symposium.
15:28:41 [Vivienne]
SH: is 3 months enough time
15:29:15 [Vivienne]
Yehya: 3 months is too much. 45 days before hand is sufficient to get the materials ready.
15:30:06 [Vivienne]
SH: if we have a backlog with the amount of work that we can do, can Shadi inform us 45 days (couple of months) to do a call for papers etc. - for the workload to catch up.
15:30:32 [shawn]
q+ to say Simon's polishing templates for symposium page, CfP page, etc -- can be used by Yehya to prepare pages
15:30:39 [Vivienne]
Yehya: I don't want to start preparing things and find out it will not be conducted. We won't start until we find out if it will be selected.
15:30:57 [shawn]
ack me
15:30:58 [sharper]
ack shawn
15:30:58 [Vivienne]
SH: will take it to coordination group after Christmas - explain to them why we want to do this one
15:30:58 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to say Simon's polishing templates for symposium page, CfP page, etc -- can be used by Yehya to prepare pages
15:31:39 [Vivienne]
Shawn: Simon, you were workingon cleaning up and combining templates for call for proposal page etc. Those could be used for Yehya to prepare the pges and that would be a good test case of the templates.
15:32:18 [Vivienne]
SH: by after Christmas there will be more solid information in the templates for people to comment on
15:32:18 [sharper]
ack shadi
15:33:33 [shawn]
q+ to ask where we have the criteria for deciding which topic to cover next?
15:33:38 [Vivienne]
Shadi: appreciate Simon's work to get stuff documented for the editors and all. We need to go back and document those things. However I don't recall that we have a concensus of the group of this topic. I would like to see a line up of several topics and then we should compare their impact on accessibility.
15:33:41 [shawn]
ack me
15:33:41 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to ask where we have the criteria for deciding which topic to cover next?
15:34:00 [Vivienne]
Shawn: do we have written somewhere the criteria we use for deciding what topic to cover next.
15:34:36 [Vivienne]
SH: remember explicitly that we were on a call a while ago and it is in the minutes. Shawn asked for an email to see if everything was okay and we got universal agreement.
15:35:26 [klaus]
sorry - have to leave bye
15:35:28 [Zakim]
-klaus
15:36:18 [shawn]
[ Shawn eager to get to the other deliverables :-]
15:36:32 [Vivienne]
Shadi: I recall responding to you on the mailing list that we have chartered requirements. You can take this an objection to moving ahead with the current plan. Ithink we're on the right track by stepping back and documenting things. But it is just not feasible to implement 3-4 symposia close together with the current back-log. We haven't finalized a single research note yet. We need a criteria
15:36:32 [Vivienne]
for how we select a topic. We're on the right track and this can all be resolved.
15:37:02 [Vivienne]
Shawn: we need an action item for someone on the criteria for deciding for the next topic for a symposium.
15:37:19 [Vivienne]
SH: can someone create a way for evaluating the goodness of topics
15:37:46 [shawn]
sounds good
15:37:51 [Vivienne]
SH: I can do some work on this - small descriptions, impact on accessibility - keeping it very brief. Then we can review those to decide.
15:37:54 [Zakim]
-Shawn
15:38:03 [Vivienne]
SH: can you place that in the template
15:38:13 [Vivienne]
Shadi: let's you and I work on that.
15:38:23 [kmatausc]
thank you. bye.
15:38:24 [Vivienne]
bye now.
15:38:26 [Zakim]
-shadi
15:38:26 [Justin]
cya
15:38:27 [Zakim]
-kmatausc
15:38:27 [Zakim]
-Yehya
15:38:27 [silvia]
ok, see you
15:38:27 [annika]
bye
15:38:29 [sharper]
sharper has left #rd
15:38:30 [Zakim]
-annika
15:38:34 [silvia]
bye now
15:38:38 [Zakim]
-sharper
15:38:42 [Zakim]
-yeliz
15:38:45 [Zakim]
-Vivienne
15:38:50 [Zakim]
-silvia
15:38:51 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has ended
15:38:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were Vivienne, Shawn, shadi, annika, yeliz, klaus, sharper, Justin, kmatausc, silvia, Yehya
15:43:15 [shawn]
shawn has left #rd
15:43:31 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
15:43:31 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
15:43:32 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
15:43:39 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:43:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/12/05-rd-minutes.html trackbot
15:43:40 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
15:43:40 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/12/05-rd-actions.rdf :
15:43:40 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to check if any issues with broadcasting symposia through YouTube (in addition to phone) [1]
15:43:40 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/12/05-rd-irc#T14-49-29