IRC log of mlw-lt on 2012-11-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:59:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mlw-lt
13:59:35 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-mlw-lt-irc
13:59:42 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mlw-lt
14:00:06 [fsasaki]
meeting: MLW-LT editing call
14:00:08 [fsasaki]
chair: felix
14:00:11 [fsasaki]
scribe: fsasaki
14:00:35 [fsasaki]
present: dave, felix, jirka
14:01:30 [fsasaki]
topic: questions from yesterday
14:01:59 [fsasaki]
present: dave, felix, jirka, tadej, karl
14:02:07 [Yves_]
present+ Yves_
14:04:08 [fsasaki]
dave sent out mail to confirm confidence score for terminology, as discussed yesterday
14:05:13 [Yves_]
FWIW: we'll implement confidence it in Okapi in needed
14:06:04 [fsasaki]
now on action-339
14:06:32 [fsasaki]
provRef as single URI or list of URI?
14:07:03 [fsasaki]
"Reference to external provenance information"
14:07:19 [fsasaki]
"AN IRI" > "A space separated list of IRIs"
14:07:37 [Yves_]
then the examples need to be changed too
14:07:49 [Yves_]
I reduced them all to a single IRI
14:09:04 [fsasaki]
"A space (U+0020) separated list of IRIs"
14:10:52 [fsasaki]
Yves_, currently changing just one example - EX-provenance-local-1.xml, to have a space separated list
14:13:29 [fsasaki]
topic: 8.13 External Resource
14:14:49 [fsasaki]
nothing on external resource, it seems
14:14:53 [fsasaki]
topic: 8.14 Target Pointer
14:16:26 [fsasaki]
nothing on target pointer, it seems
14:16:34 [fsasaki]
topic: 8.15 Id Value
14:16:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-mlw-lt-minutes.html fsasaki
14:17:11 [fsasaki]
mail from fredrik http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0250.html
14:17:34 [Yves_]
+1 for Jirka's comment
14:21:52 [fsasaki]
changing the id value section to say: "If the attribute xml:id is present or id in HTML for the selected node, the value of the xml:id attribute or id in HTML MUST take precedence over the idValue value."
14:22:28 [fsasaki]
that's everyting on id value section, it seems
14:22:58 [daveL]
daveL has joined #mlw-lt
14:24:57 [Yves_]
One note for later (Storage Size section): "Dominican Replubic" should Dominican Republic" in example EX-storageSize-html5-local-1.html
14:25:30 [fsasaki]
Applying the id value data category to xml:id (in XML) or id (in HTML) attributes in global rules is not necessary since those attributes are ...
14:28:38 [fsasaki]
Yves_, thanks, we will take that up later, now 8.16 Preserve Space
14:28:41 [fsasaki]
topic: 8.16 Preserve Space
14:30:45 [fsasaki]
added a link from "xml:space" to http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xml-20081126/#sec-white-space
14:32:22 [fsasaki]
topic: 8.17 Localization Quality Issue
14:34:06 [fsasaki]
"locQualityIssuesRefPointer, do not apply to HTML" > locQualityIssuesRefPointer does not apply to HTML
14:38:29 [fsasaki]
"ITS 2.0-compliant tools that use these categories" > "ITS 2.0-compliant tools that use these types"
14:38:59 [fsasaki]
"their internal categories" > "their internal types"
14:39:47 [fsasaki]
replacing other occurences of "categories" with "types"
14:40:29 [fsasaki]
topic: 8.18 Localization Quality Rating
14:40:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-mlw-lt-minutes.html fsasaki
14:41:15 [fsasaki]
felix: looks fine
14:41:26 [fsasaki]
dave: changed after yesterday's discussion
14:41:31 [Yves_]
I have to leave for the office now. I may be back online in 20/30 mn (depending on how many coyotes I have to fend off on the bike path)
14:41:40 [fsasaki]
thanks, bye, Yves_
14:42:44 [fsasaki]
topic: validation of example files
14:43:01 [fsasaki]
jirka: did add a target for validation
14:43:07 [fsasaki]
.. need someone to fix the errors
14:43:40 [fsasaki]
action: felix to check examples found by relax ng validation
14:43:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-340 - Check examples found by relax ng validation [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-12-06].
14:45:08 [fsasaki]
action: felix to check syntax highlighting of html examples with focus on quotes - due 31 december
14:45:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-341 - check syntax highlighting of html examples with focus on quotes [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-12-31].
14:48:10 [fsasaki]
jirka: now have created xml validation, after last call publication will work on html validation
14:48:19 [fsasaki]
topic: 8.19 MT Confidence
14:49:26 [fsasaki]
going through the three sections 8.19 MT Confidence, 8.20 Allowed Characters, 8.21 Storage size
14:50:33 [fsasaki]
dave: for the example EX-mtConfidence-global-html5-1.html would be good to have an example with two different attributes with text content, in the same element
14:50:40 [fsasaki]
.. e.g. title and alt in an image
14:51:39 [fsasaki]
action: daveL to create mt confidence score example as described in http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-mlw-lt-irc#T14-50-40 - due 31 december
14:51:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-342 - create mt confidence score example as described in http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-mlw-lt-irc#T14-50-40 [on David Lewis - due 2012-12-31].
14:53:38 [fsasaki]
topic: back to rating data category
14:53:52 [fsasaki]
jirka: in spec the locQualityRatingScore value is between 0 and 100
14:54:01 [fsasaki]
.. yestedays call we said between 0 and 1
14:54:08 [fsasaki]
.. which one is true?
14:54:50 [fsasaki]
action: felix to check with yves whether locQualityRatingScore should be between 0 and 1 or 0 and 100
14:54:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-343 - Check with yves whether locQualityRatingScore should be between 0 and 1 or 0 and 100 [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-12-06].
14:55:25 [fsasaki]
action-343: also relevant for locQualityRatingScoreThreshold
14:55:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-343 Check with yves whether locQualityRatingScore should be between 0 and 1 or 0 and 100 notes added
14:58:35 [fsasaki]
topic: allowed characters + storage size (again)
14:59:31 [fsasaki]
allowed characters looks fine
15:00:26 [fsasaki]
"nel for NEXT LINE (U+0085)" - need to check code for nel
15:00:40 [fsasaki]
seems to be correct
15:01:48 [Jirka]
Jirka has left #mlw-lt
15:02:31 [fsasaki]
went through all data categories, only topic left is locQualityRatingScore value, see above
15:02:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-mlw-lt-minutes.html fsasaki
15:10:10 [Yves_]
Yves_ has joined #mlw-lt
15:10:47 [Yves_]
present+ Yves_
15:10:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-mlw-lt-minutes.html fsasaki
15:12:09 [fsasaki]
topic: going back to rating value
15:12:36 [fsasaki]
yves: phil mentioned that des wanted something between 0-1
15:12:47 [fsasaki]
.. from my point of view it doesn't matter
15:13:17 [fsasaki]
s/0-1/0-100/
15:13:31 [fsasaki]
yves: that is, the spec would be right, I didn't change it
15:15:22 [fsasaki]
topic: spec editing topics
15:15:39 [fsasaki]
yve: val and quote have strange behavior
15:18:31 [fsasaki]
"A disambigIdentPointer attribute that contains a relative selector pointing to a node that represents a unique identifier for the disambiguation target." plus disambigSourcePointer
15:19:51 [fsasaki]
action: felix to write mail today to tadej to confirm position of disambigSourcePointer in global rules
15:19:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-344 - Write mail today to tadej to confirm position of disambigSourcePointer in global rules [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-12-06].
15:22:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-mlw-lt-minutes.html fsasaki
15:29:50 [fsasaki_]
fsasaki_ has joined #mlw-lt
15:30:26 [fsasaki_]
topic: disambigSourcePointer
15:30:26 [fsasaki_]
need to check with tadej about this
15:30:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-mlw-lt-minutes.html fsasaki_
16:02:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mlw-lt
16:20:39 [fsasaki_]
fsasaki_ has joined #mlw-lt