IRC log of indie-ui on 2012-11-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:57:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #indie-ui
17:57:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-irc
17:58:01 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:58:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #indie-ui
17:58:03 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be INDIE
17:58:03 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_Indie()1:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
17:58:04 [trackbot]
Meeting: Independent User Interface Task Force Teleconference
17:58:04 [trackbot]
Date: 28 November 2012
17:58:32 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-indie-ui/2012Nov/0040.html
17:58:36 [MichaelC]
chair: Michael_Cooper
17:59:05 [MichaelC]
regrets: Janina_Sajka
18:00:56 [clown]
clown has joined #indie-ui
18:01:06 [jcraig]
jcraig has joined #indie-ui
18:01:27 [Zakim]
WAI_Indie()1:00PM has now started
18:01:34 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
18:01:45 [Zakim]
+[GVoice]
18:02:02 [clown]
zakim, GVoice is Joseph_Scheuhammer
18:02:02 [Zakim]
+Joseph_Scheuhammer; got it
18:02:12 [clown]
zakim, I am Joseph_Scheuhammer
18:02:12 [Zakim]
ok, clown, I now associate you with Joseph_Scheuhammer
18:02:13 [Zakim]
+James_Craig
18:02:13 [Zakim]
+??P16
18:02:16 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P16 is Michael_Cooper
18:02:16 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper; got it
18:03:24 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #indie-ui
18:06:02 [Zakim]
+[Apple]
18:06:09 [Ryladog]
scribe:ryladog
18:06:14 [MichaelC]
topic: Telecon Time Scheduling
18:06:14 [hober]
Zakim, Apple is me
18:06:14 [Zakim]
+hober; got it
18:06:24 [jcraig]
jcraig has joined #indie-ui
18:06:39 [jcraig]
Agenda?
18:06:41 [richardschwerdtfeger]
richardschwerdtfeger has joined #indie-ui
18:06:55 [Ryladog]
MC: Time 6pm eastern with one bi-weekly at the other time
18:07:03 [Ryladog]
MC: One ever 4 weeks
18:07:19 [Ryladog]
MC: Is that a correct summary?
18:07:40 [Ryladog]
MC: Is this a good idea to have alternating call times?
18:07:48 [Zakim]
+Rich
18:07:50 [jcraig]
s/weeks/weeks at any particular call time/
18:08:18 [Ryladog]
RS: good idea
18:08:24 [jcraig]
+1
18:08:35 [Ryladog]
+1
18:08:45 [clown]
http://www.w3.org/2012/11/14-indie-ui-minutes.html#item02
18:09:01 [Ryladog]
MC: One every 4 weeks at this time, and once every 4 weeks at the other time
18:10:05 [Ryladog]
MC: Resolutions: Indie UI will designate alternate call times
18:10:23 [Ryladog]
MC: Not sure if it went to the list
18:10:57 [jcraig]
The specific time of the other call should go to the list
18:12:57 [Ryladog]
MC: Suggested Easter 1pm and 5pm on Wenesdays
18:13:51 [Ryladog]
MC: Suggested Eastern Time 1pm and 5pm on Wednesdays
18:14:02 [Ryladog]
TOPIC: Editors Draft
18:14:43 [Ryladog]
TOPIC: Edits
18:15:21 [Ryladog]
JC: I have a list that I am working on
18:15:37 [Ryladog]
JC: some are substance and some are editorial
18:15:59 [Ryladog]
JC: Probably not controversial, but may need some discussion
18:16:17 [MichaelC]
-> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/IndieUI/raw-file/tip/src/indie-ui-events.html IndieUI Events Editors´ Draft
18:16:23 [Ryladog]
MC: To follow progress please look at this ediotrs darft
18:16:57 [Ryladog]
TOPIC: OPen Action Item
18:17:13 [Ryladog]
MC: Most are for folks that are not here today
18:17:15 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/actions/open Open Actions
18:17:18 [MichaelC]
action-29?
18:17:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-29 -- Sangwhan Moon to send list of Opera use cases and suggest requirements for mainstream events -- due 2012-12-01 -- OPEN
18:17:18 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/actions/29
18:17:39 [Ryladog]
MC: Pending Operra Use Cases
18:17:45 [MichaelC]
action-18
18:17:47 [jcraig_]
jcraig_ has joined #indie-ui
18:17:52 [clown]
action-18?
18:17:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-18 -- Andy Heath to summarize important or common preferences/keys list from AfA/APIP/GPII, etc. and send to the IndieUI group for discussion and potential inclusion in the User Context deliverable. -- due 2012-11-08 -- OPEN
18:17:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/actions/18
18:18:14 [Zakim]
-James_Craig
18:18:22 [Ryladog]
MC: Andy has one that is not urgent. Should we postpone the due date to 31 january?
18:18:36 [Zakim]
+[Apple]
18:19:05 [Ryladog]
MC: JM says yes
18:19:06 [MichaelC]
action-18 due 31 January
18:19:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-18 Summarize important or common preferences/keys list from AfA/APIP/GPII, etc. and send to the IndieUI group for discussion and potential inclusion in the User Context deliverable. due date now 31 January
18:19:29 [Ryladog]
MC: All other actons are on James
18:19:33 [jcraig_]
s/JM/JC/
18:19:47 [Ryladog]
MC: Did we complete the wa;lthrough at the F2F?
18:19:52 [Ryladog]
JC: yes
18:20:18 [Ryladog]
MC: What can we get other people in the Working Group working on in the meantime?
18:20:50 [Ryladog]
MC: Do we to be making proposals for features? Putting togehter test cases
18:21:11 [Ryladog]
JC: It may be early for that.
18:21:35 [Ryladog]
MC: Is there any way that wwe could assign so of the wok to anyone else?
18:22:03 [Ryladog]
JC: Awaiting for something from Andy. Maybe that is his action item we just postponed
18:22:14 [Ryladog]
JC: Maaybe it was not an official action
18:22:44 [clown]
http://www.w3.org/2012/11/14-indie-ui-minutes.html
18:24:48 [Ryladog]
JC: It is down the list, it says, Andy agreed to send text to the list about user settings, sometime whether a natvie device cannot support a feature
18:24:49 [MichaelC]
action: andy to send suggested text about implict vs explict user settings and sending preferences even if client doesn´t support
18:24:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-32 - Send suggested text about implict vs explict user settings and sending preferences even if client doesn´t support [on Andy Heath - due 2012-12-05].
18:25:03 [MichaelC]
action-32: also see discussion at http://www.w3.org/2012/11/14-indie-ui-minutes.html#item04
18:25:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-32 Send suggested text about implict vs explict user settings and sending preferences even if client doesn´t support notes added
18:26:26 [MichaelC]
action-13?
18:26:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-13 -- James Craig to add event for moving focus to the app toolbar -- due 2012-10-31 -- OPEN
18:26:26 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/actions/13
18:27:06 [jcraig_]
zakim, who is noisy?
18:27:17 [Zakim]
jcraig_, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Katie_Haritos-Shea (23%), [Apple] (10%), Rich (5%)
18:28:15 [Ryladog]
JC: Maybe something that would be covered by there are contects where standard tab navigation is overwriten. Aria 2 you will be able to edit this
18:29:03 [Ryladog]
JC: THere is a key command on Mac and maybe on windows, that you move the toolbar, amybe we could expose this so editing the toolbar
18:29:24 [Ryladog]
JC: It is specifically where tab and shift tab is overwritten
18:29:47 [Ryladog]
JC: If you tab into the text edit field, tab is going to insert a text cahracter
18:30:00 [Ryladog]
JC; Using Ctrl+F5
18:30:33 [Ryladog]
Joseph: It doesnt work for me
18:30:59 [Ryladog]
JC: You have to enable all controls in keyboard shortcuts
18:31:27 [Ryladog]
Joseph: F5 is set to do that, but it is nnit doing that
18:31:50 [Ryladog]
JOseph: In ARIA Best Oractices we have a way to do this
18:32:27 [Ryladog]
JC: Compose a new message, try it there
18:32:44 [Ryladog]
Joseph: Thunderbird might not
18:33:02 [jcraig_]
Zakim, who is noisy?
18:33:13 [Zakim]
jcraig_, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: [Apple] (76%)
18:33:44 [Ryladog]
JC: The purpose of this is we want an explicit event to that is like a focus change and a key for different navigation mechanisms with subsequent panels
18:34:08 [Ryladog]
JC: Maybe you could cycle through th toolbar. Like an implicit landmark like navigation
18:34:30 [Ryladog]
Joseph: Yes, that is like a gui navigation
18:34:43 [Ryladog]
Joseph: I like that
18:34:47 [richardschwerdtfeger]
can you not hear me
18:34:48 [richardschwerdtfeger]
?
18:34:53 [Ryladog]
no
18:35:03 [jcraig_]
Zakim, unmute Rich
18:35:03 [Zakim]
Rich should no longer be muted
18:35:05 [MichaelC]
zakim, unmute rich
18:35:05 [Zakim]
Rich was not muted, MichaelC
18:35:26 [Ryladog]
RS: We have to deal with the lanmarks being nested
18:35:36 [Ryladog]
RS: and we fo this on the CK editor
18:36:21 [Ryladog]
RS: Ypu want to be able to go to the toolbar, I agree we need to ave some kind of mechanism to go to the toolbar. And we need to fins a way to do
18:36:27 [jcraig_]
zakim, who is noisy?
18:36:37 [Ryladog]
RS: navigation,but remeber that it ma be nested
18:36:39 [Zakim]
jcraig_, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Joseph_Scheuhammer (5%), [Apple] (5%), Rich (84%)
18:36:46 [jcraig_]
zakim, who is noisy?
18:36:49 [Ryladog]
RS: What were you thinking James?
18:36:57 [Zakim]
jcraig_, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Joseph_Scheuhammer (65%), Michael_Cooper (15%), [Apple] (25%)
18:37:26 [jcraig_]
focus events, with particular token values like toolbar, panel, main,
18:38:01 [Ryladog]
JC: Some of those could match up with landmarks
18:39:39 [jcraig]
focusRequest maybe
18:41:11 [clown]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/open
18:42:27 [MichaelC]
scribe: MichaelC
18:42:42 [MichaelC]
issue-2?
18:42:42 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2 -- Rotate -- open
18:42:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/2
18:43:05 [MichaelC]
jc: discussion taking place on list
18:43:12 [MichaelC]
perhaps can combine pan, zoom, rotate to variants of a single event
18:43:30 [MichaelC]
via x,x coordinate, rotation degree, scale factor on a single event with start, change, end
18:43:42 [MichaelC]
so could be explict discrete event, or continuous event
18:44:26 [MichaelC]
mc: need a proposal for what the event would look like
18:48:39 [jcraig]
My suggestion: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-indie-ui/2012Nov/0037.html
18:48:56 [jcraig]
His reponse: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-indie-ui/2012Nov/0038.html
18:48:59 [MichaelC]
action: Rick to propose concrete feature for UIZoomRequestEvent thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-indie-ui/2012Nov/0037.html (please assign action to Michael Cooper if you don´t want to accept this action)
18:48:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-33 - Propose concrete feature for UIZoomRequestEvent thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-indie-ui/2012Nov/0037.html (please assign action to Michael Cooper if you don´t want to accept this action) [on Rick Byers - due 2012-12-05].
18:50:28 [clown]
issue-3?
18:50:28 [trackbot]
ISSUE-3 -- SecondaryAction (aka "Context Menu") -- open
18:50:28 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/3
18:50:50 [MichaelC]
can come back later
18:50:53 [MichaelC]
issue-4?
18:50:53 [trackbot]
ISSUE-4 -- Vendor specific preferences keys -- open
18:50:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/4
18:53:00 [MichaelC]
action: Lachlan to post his concerns on vendor specific keys and any information about how other groups addressing the issue
18:53:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-34 - Post his concerns on vendor specific keys and any information about how other groups addressing the issue [on Lachlan Hunt - due 2012-12-05].
18:54:23 [MichaelC]
issue-5?
18:54:23 [trackbot]
ISSUE-5 -- DOM event properties specification requires coordination with Web Apps WG -- open
18:54:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/5
18:54:41 [MichaelC]
jc: to tackle after the properties in the spec
18:54:45 [MichaelC]
issue-6?
18:54:45 [trackbot]
ISSUE-6 -- window.preferences extension to window object. Need to coordinate with Web Apps Working Group. -- open
18:54:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/6
18:54:48 [MichaelC]
jc: to tackle after the properties in the spec
18:55:05 [MichaelC]
issue-7?
18:55:05 [trackbot]
ISSUE-7 -- Discuss drag/drop with PF and HTML (need cut/copy markers and well as drop targets) -- open
18:55:05 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/7
18:55:34 [MichaelC]
jc: should tackle after markRequest action completed
18:56:52 [Zakim]
-[Apple]
18:56:54 [Zakim]
-hober
18:56:54 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
18:56:56 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
18:56:58 [Zakim]
-Joseph_Scheuhammer
18:57:10 [jcraig]
jcraig has left #indie-ui
18:58:23 [Zakim]
-Rich
18:58:25 [Zakim]
WAI_Indie()1:00PM has ended
18:58:25 [Zakim]
Attendees were Katie_Haritos-Shea, Joseph_Scheuhammer, James_Craig, Michael_Cooper, hober, Rich, [Apple]
19:02:48 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
19:02:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html MichaelC
19:10:40 [clown1]
clown1 has joined #indie-ui
19:47:33 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #indie-ui
20:38:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #indie-ui
21:48:15 [clown]
clown has left #indie-ui
23:58:32 [smaug]
smaug has joined #indie-ui