IRC log of egov on 2012-11-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

08:58:26 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #egov
08:58:26 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/11/26-egov-irc
08:58:38 [Tomasz]
q+
08:59:06 [PhilA2]
zakim, this is egov
08:59:06 [Zakim]
ok, PhilA2; that matches T&S_EGOV(Eurasian)4:00AM
08:59:11 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
08:59:27 [agipap]
zakim, ipcaller is me
08:59:27 [Zakim]
+agipap; got it
08:59:41 [PhilA2]
zakim, code?
08:59:41 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3468 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), PhilA2
08:59:44 [Zakim]
+??P1
08:59:52 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
08:59:59 [fhenning]
Meeting: W3C eGov 26 November 2012 meeting
09:00:03 [PhilA2]
zakim, ipcaller is me
09:00:03 [Zakim]
+PhilA2; got it
09:00:16 [fhenning]
Chair: Tomasz Janowski
09:00:18 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
09:00:19 [Zakim]
+ +8532871aaaa
09:00:30 [fhenning]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-egov-ig/2012Nov/0053.html
09:00:35 [PhilA2]
zakim, ??P1 is Serafin
09:00:35 [Zakim]
+Serafin; got it
09:00:46 [fhenning]
Scribe: Florian Henning
09:00:56 [fhenning]
ScribeNick: fhenning
09:00:57 [PhilA2]
s/Serafin/Olcoz/
09:00:59 [Zakim]
+??P5
09:01:30 [Zakim]
+??P6
09:01:31 [PhilA2]
Meeting:eGov Interest Group
09:01:35 [martinAlvarez]
martinAlvarez has joined #egov
09:01:46 [DeirdreLee]
DeirdreLee has joined #egov
09:02:03 [PhilA2]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-egov-ig/2012Nov/0053.html
09:02:16 [PhilA2]
chair: Tomasz
09:02:45 [Zakim]
+??P7
09:02:47 [PhilA2]
zakim, who is here?
09:02:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see agipap, Serafin, PhilA2, [IPcaller], +8532871aaaa, ??P5, ??P6, ??P7
09:02:50 [Zakim]
On IRC I see DeirdreLee, martinAlvarez, RRSAgent, Zakim, fhenning, PhilA2, elsa, billroberts, Olcoz, Tomasz, agipap, mariateresa, trackbot, heathjs, sandro
09:03:01 [martinAlvarez]
zakim, ??P7
09:03:01 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??P7', martinAlvarez
09:03:05 [martinAlvarez]
zakim, mute me
09:03:05 [Zakim]
sorry, martinAlvarez, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
09:03:13 [martinAlvarez]
zakim, ??P7 is me
09:03:13 [Zakim]
+martinAlvarez; got it
09:03:15 [martinAlvarez]
zakim, mute me
09:03:15 [Zakim]
martinAlvarez should now be muted
09:03:24 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
09:03:36 [DeirdreLee]
I'm one of P5, P6 or P7..
09:04:13 [Tomasz]
zakim, mute me
09:04:13 [Zakim]
sorry, Tomasz, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
09:04:47 [rgrp]
rgrp has joined #egov
09:04:51 [rgrp]
hi there
09:04:53 [PhilA2]
zakim, who is here?
09:04:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see agipap, Serafin, PhilA2, [IPcaller], +8532871aaaa, ??P5, ??P6, martinAlvarez (muted), [IPcaller.a]
09:04:55 [Zakim]
On IRC I see rgrp, DeirdreLee, martinAlvarez, RRSAgent, Zakim, fhenning, PhilA2, elsa, billroberts, Olcoz, Tomasz, agipap, mariateresa, trackbot, heathjs, sandro
09:04:56 [rgrp]
this is rufus pollock ...
09:04:59 [rgrp]
i am also on the phone
09:05:16 [PhilA2]
zakim, aaaa is Tomasz
09:05:16 [Zakim]
+Tomasz; got it
09:06:09 [fhenning]
Topic: Open data kickoff
09:06:14 [Zakim]
+??P9
09:06:15 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
09:06:26 [fhenning]
Tomasz: welcomes participants and ask for round of introductions
09:06:42 [Zakim]
-Tomasz
09:06:53 [Olcoz]
Hi Martin
09:06:57 [Zakim]
-??P5
09:07:04 [Gwyn_Sutherlin]
Gwyn_Sutherlin has joined #egov
09:07:19 [fhenning]
[audio problems from Tomasz line. reconnecting]
09:07:34 [Zakim]
+ +8532871aabb
09:07:49 [fhenning]
[audio problems resolved]
09:07:51 [PhilA2]
zakim, aabb is Tomasz
09:07:51 [Zakim]
+Tomasz; got it
09:07:55 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
09:08:25 [fhenning]
yes i'm scribing
09:08:44 [PhilA2]
scribe: fhenning
09:08:56 [PhilA2]
scribeNick: fhenning
09:09:01 [fhenning]
DeirdreLee: from from ireland
09:09:11 [fhenning]
from unu-iist/merit
09:09:19 [cgueret]
cgueret has joined #egov
09:09:25 [fhenning]
Gwyn_Sutherlin: phd candidate in peace studies
09:10:11 [martinAlvarez]
zakim, unmute me
09:10:11 [Zakim]
martinAlvarez should no longer be muted
09:10:13 [fhenning]
mariateresa: from england
09:10:22 [fhenning]
martinAlvarez: from spain
09:10:34 [martinAlvarez]
zakim, mute me
09:10:34 [Zakim]
martinAlvarez should now be muted
09:11:10 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.aa]
09:11:20 [PhilA2]
agipap: is Agis Panatoniou from NTUA Greece
09:11:21 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller.aa]
09:11:22 [fhenning]
sandro: from greece
09:11:27 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Is Rufus Pollock
09:11:41 [fhenning]
elsa: from unu-iist, macau
09:11:42 [PhilA2]
s/sandro/Agis/
09:12:00 [Zakim]
+??P10
09:12:02 [billroberts]
Hi All - from UK, particular interest in Linked Data for public sector
09:12:11 [fhenning]
Tomasz: few words about open data topic
09:12:17 [Gwyn_Sutherlin]
I joined the call as IP caller, not sure how to add
09:12:25 [martinAlvarez]
zakim, ??P10 is me
09:12:25 [Zakim]
+martinAlvarez; got it
09:12:34 [fhenning]
Tomasz: OD = data that is free to use/reuse by anyone
09:12:58 [fhenning]
Tomasz: OD has not yet beenproperly exploited, but can have huge potential
09:13:05 [PhilA2]
rrsagent, make logs public
09:13:18 [fhenning]
...impossible to predict how it can produce value
09:13:36 [elsa]
I am trying to connect on the phone and type 3468# and I get the message that the code is incorrect
09:14:24 [fhenning]
Tomasz: according to April's OD workshop by IDRC/Berkman center, there is a range of potential benefis from OD
09:14:26 [PhilA2]
zakim, code
09:14:26 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'code', PhilA2
09:14:29 [PhilA2]
zakim, code?
09:14:29 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3468 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), PhilA2
09:14:53 [fhenning]
...but we don't understand many issues about OD
09:15:27 [Zakim]
+ +8532871aacc
09:15:55 [Zakim]
+ +44.786.783.aadd
09:15:56 [PhilA2]
zakim, aacc is Elsa
09:15:56 [Zakim]
+Elsa; got it
09:15:59 [fhenning]
...same workshop also identified strateic tensions relating to adoption of OD
09:16:18 [NigGreenaway]
NigGreenaway has joined #egov
09:16:45 [fhenning]
...eg. contextual differences between developed and developing countries
09:17:04 [fhenning]
...also strat. tension concerning outcomes vs. impact
09:17:50 [fhenning]
...another point is a strat. tnesion between qualitative and quanitative methods to explore impact of OD
09:18:21 [fhenning]
...it will be dificult to quantify many impacts. this impacts how analysis is framed
09:18:51 [fhenning]
Tomasz: any questions at this point?
09:18:57 [fhenning]
no questions
09:19:06 [fhenning]
Tomasz: introduces speakers
09:19:21 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.aa]
09:20:10 [fhenning]
Tomasz: daniel bennet is not on the call. tomasz will fill in
09:20:20 [rgrp]
http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/11/26/open-data-protocols-presentation-to-w3c-egov-interest-group/
09:20:36 [fhenning]
topic: presentation by open knowledge foundation (rufus pollock)
09:21:49 [rgrp]
http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/11/26/open-data-protocols-presentation-to-w3c-egov-interest-group/
09:22:00 [rgrp]
http://bit.ly/dataprotocols-egov-nov-2012
09:23:09 [PhilA2]
Sldis are now linked from the wiki
09:23:18 [PhilA2]
s/Sldis/Slides/
09:23:47 [rgrp]
the notebook post would probably be the optimum thing to link to
09:24:53 [rgrp]
http://ckan.org/
09:25:30 [fhenning]
[audio line from rufus has suboptimal sound quality, scribing will not be complete, pls refer to slides on wiki for more complete notes]
09:25:43 [rgrp]
http://dataprocotols.org/
09:26:13 [fhenning]
phil could you aid with scribing for this presentation if you receive better audio?
09:27:16 [fhenning]
thanks
09:27:26 [DeirdreLee]
http://www.dataprotocols.org/
09:28:06 [PhilA2]
Slide 3 - we want a rich data ecosystm. Easy to share data, easy to use
09:28:10 [PhilA2]
scribe: PhilA2
09:28:17 [rgrp]
http://blog.okfn.org/2011/03/31/building-the-open-data-ecosystem/
09:28:25 [PhilA2]
zakim, who is making noise?
09:28:37 [Zakim]
PhilA2, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Serafin (26%), [IPcaller.a] (98%), +44.786.783.aadd (68%)
09:28:49 [PhilA2]
zakim, mute aadd
09:28:49 [Zakim]
+44.786.783.aadd should now be muted
09:29:22 [PhilA2]
rgrp: We're missing quite a lot of this middle piece. We have the top anad bottom but not the intermediatary group
09:29:31 [PhilA2]
... so data tends to be quite low quality
09:30:04 [PhilA2]
rgrp: To give you an example. If you;re trying to build something on a hack day, you spend half your data cleaning up data
09:30:21 [PhilA2]
... assuming you can find it, it's not in the right form, got messy terms etc.
09:30:35 [PhilA2]
rgrp: You need country codes that work in a mashup and so on.
09:30:47 [PhilA2]
... people spend time over and over again cleaning up the same daya
09:31:15 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Rufus shows his and starts talking about punch cards
09:31:25 [PhilA2]
s/shows his/shows his age/
09:31:57 [PhilA2]
rgrp: A classic thing you might want to do is garb data and put in into postgre
09:32:32 [PhilA2]
... this is not a one liner. There's a lot to do. What we want is a one line to get data from a catalogue and put it into a local tool
09:32:52 [rgrp]
http://blog.okfn.org/2010/02/23/introducing-datapkg/
09:32:53 [Tomasz]
q
09:33:02 [PhilA2]
zakim, ipcaller.a is rgrp
09:33:02 [Zakim]
+rgrp; got it
09:33:14 [PhilA2]
zakim, rgrp is Rufus
09:33:14 [Zakim]
+Rufus; got it
09:33:27 [Tomasz]
phil, how to check the question queue? sorry
09:33:39 [PhilA2]
rgrp: A lot of software integration doesn't happen automatically. A lot of it is based on APIs
09:33:54 [PhilA2]
q?
09:34:04 [Tomasz]
thank you
09:34:06 [Tomasz]
q?
09:34:22 [PhilA2]
rgrp: We need to look at (digital) packaging
09:34:46 [PhilA2]
rgrp: We need that kind of software packaging ecosystem - how do we do that with data?
09:34:59 [PhilA2]
rgrp: WE want to be better at automating getting data on nad off our machines
09:35:29 [PhilA2]
rgrp: W3C does good work on schemas but it's not lightweight
09:36:08 [PhilA2]
rgrp: We've been doing a thing called dataprotocols.org where people can hangout and work on specs
09:36:26 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Slide 5
09:36:34 [PhilA2]
... is a screen grab of what's going on
09:36:54 [PhilA2]
... these are concrete services that we have built or want to build
09:37:02 [PhilA2]
... it's not a formal standardisation process
09:37:13 [PhilA2]
... but this is a space for more informal, RFC-style development
09:37:21 [PhilA2]
... more on slide 6
09:37:46 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Going on to talk about data packages
09:37:57 [PhilA2]
... been working on it for about 5 years
09:38:02 [PhilA2]
... orginally part of CKAN
09:38:13 [PhilA2]
... we have software packages, can we have data packages?
09:38:52 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Focus on tabular data. The catalogues I've seen, tabular + geo is almost all of what gets published
09:39:11 [PhilA2]
rgrp: In terms of original raw data, most of it is tabular
09:39:27 [PhilA2]
rgrp: It has a lot of attractive properties that I could go on about
09:39:52 [PhilA2]
rgrp: A lot of the data is file based, not API-based
09:40:22 [PhilA2]
rgrp: flat files like CSV are very attractive. It may not be pretty but it is effective - like a Kalashnikov rifle
09:40:32 [PhilA2]
... everything supports it
09:40:40 [PhilA2]
... it streams well, you can have massive files
09:40:55 [PhilA2]
... a simple schema for describing CSV would be useful
09:40:56 [PhilA2]
q+
09:41:29 [PhilA2]
rgrp: we need version info for CSVs. Open is important, but if eberyone is collaborating, how to we do version management for CSV
09:41:51 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Git or Mercurial are potentially good ones for CSAV as they are line-orientated
09:41:59 [PhilA2]
... the actual spec is available
09:42:29 [PhilA2]
... what it boils down to is a bunch of data files, you have JSON and you can have other stuff
09:42:40 [PhilA2]
... there's a .json file that includes the metadata
09:42:40 [Tomasz]
q?
09:42:56 [PhilA2]
... and then you have a filespec to list your files
09:43:06 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Slide 12 is an example
09:43:13 [rgrp]
https://github.com/datasets/cofog/blob/master/datapackage.json
09:43:37 [PhilA2]
q- Tomasz
09:44:04 [PhilA2]
rgrp: You can add more to this. But basically it's a table schema
09:44:25 [rgrp]
http://www.dataprotocols.org/en/latest/json-table-schema.html
09:44:34 [PhilA2]
The whole thing follows...
09:44:35 [PhilA2]
{
09:44:35 [PhilA2]
"metadata": {
09:44:35 [PhilA2]
"name": "cofog",
09:44:35 [PhilA2]
"title": "Classification of the Functions of Government",
09:44:35 [PhilA2]
"homepage": "http://unstats.un.org/unsd/class/family/family2.asp?Cl=4",
09:44:35 [PhilA2]
"version": "1999",
09:44:35 [PhilA2]
"source": "United Nations",
09:44:36 [PhilA2]
"licenses": [
09:44:36 [PhilA2]
{
09:44:36 [PhilA2]
"id": "odc-pddl",
09:44:36 [PhilA2]
"name": "Open Data Commons Public Domain Dedication and Licence (PDDL)",
09:44:37 [PhilA2]
"url": "http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/pddl/"
09:44:38 [PhilA2]
}
09:44:39 [PhilA2]
],
09:44:40 [PhilA2]
"description": "Classification of the Functions of Government (COFOG) is a classification defined by the United Nations Statistics Division. Its purpose is to \"classify the purpose of transactions such as outlays on final consumption expenditure, intermediate consumption, gross capital formation and capital and current transfers, by general government\" (from home page).",
09:44:40 [Zakim]
-??P9
09:44:44 [PhilA2]
"keywords": [
09:44:45 [PhilA2]
"Classification",
09:44:46 [PhilA2]
"COFOG",
09:44:47 [PhilA2]
"Finances",
09:44:48 [PhilA2]
"Government",
09:44:49 [PhilA2]
"United Nations"
09:44:50 [PhilA2]
]
09:44:51 [PhilA2]
},
09:44:52 [PhilA2]
"files": [
09:44:53 [PhilA2]
{
09:44:54 [PhilA2]
"path": "data/cofog.csv",
09:44:55 [PhilA2]
"fields": [
09:44:56 [PhilA2]
{
09:44:57 [PhilA2]
"id": "Code",
09:44:58 [PhilA2]
"type": "string"
09:44:59 [PhilA2]
},
09:45:00 [PhilA2]
{
09:45:01 [PhilA2]
"id": "Description",
09:45:02 [PhilA2]
"type": "string"
09:45:03 [PhilA2]
},
09:45:04 [PhilA2]
{
09:45:05 [PhilA2]
"id": "ExplanatoryNote",
09:45:06 [PhilA2]
"type": "string"
09:45:07 [PhilA2]
},
09:45:08 [PhilA2]
{
09:45:09 [PhilA2]
"id": "Change_date",
09:45:10 [PhilA2]
"type": "date"
09:45:11 [PhilA2]
}
09:45:12 [PhilA2]
]
09:45:13 [PhilA2]
}
09:45:14 [PhilA2]
]
09:45:15 [PhilA2]
}
09:45:16 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Interested to hear from the LD community in things like JSON-LD
09:45:26 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Wrapping up... you could push this to a local Web site and you have a data package
09:45:52 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Not concerned whether we adopt this kind of package or something that does the same thing, but it's how to publish data packages without a data catalogue
09:46:04 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Using JSON as your base schema language
09:46:16 [PhilA2]
... got to make something that can be used really usually
09:46:47 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Some people have suggested we drop JSON nad just use another Excel worksheet to provide the data
09:47:21 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Every step to making it easy, brings more uses of the data
09:47:47 [PhilA2]
rgrp: We want to reduce the fritcion to getting, using and sharing data
09:48:01 [martinAlvarez_]
martinAlvarez_ has joined #egov
09:48:01 [PhilA2]
Tomasz: Thanks Rufus
09:48:16 [rgrp]
I have finished
09:48:34 [rgrp]
Any questions :-) ?
09:48:46 [PhilA2]
ack me
09:49:22 [Gwyn_Sutherlin]
question
09:50:13 [DeirdreLee]
q+
09:50:20 [fhenning]
PhilA2: w3c is aware of process for schemas. there's a workshop planned for next year on exactly the issues that rufus has been addressing.
09:50:32 [PhilA2]
scribe: fhenning
09:51:38 [PhilA2]
Gwyn_Sutherlin: Do you do work around unstructured data - text, audio, video etc?
09:52:00 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Yes, we do, It's the Open Knowledge Foundation - we're format agnostic
09:52:14 [rgrp]
open knowledge includes content, data etc
09:52:17 [PhilA2]
Gwyn_Sutherlin: Our cases are usually around transparency and cirrpution
09:52:26 [PhilA2]
s/cirruption/corruption
09:52:28 [PhilA2]
ack DeirdreLee
09:52:29 [rgrp]
we do a lot around other topics including corruption :-) eg. http://okfnlabs.org/events/hackdays/lobbying.html
09:52:41 [PhilA2]
q?
09:52:47 [fhenning]
[sorry, the audio problems seem to be at our device . its'not possible for me to do complete scribing at this point. could you take over phil?]
09:53:20 [PhilA2]
DeirdreLee: Thanks Rufus for the presentation. Do you see things like DCAT as added overhead? What tools do you see for packahing data?
09:53:40 [PhilA2]
rgrp: That's my point. The spec allows you to build the tool. We have a tool called DPM
09:54:20 [rgrp]
http://dpm.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
09:54:37 [PhilA2]
rgrp: DCAT is in some ways format agnostic but it's an LD format. For an Excel user, you can tell them in 30" how to export in CSV. There's no "expoer in .n3" option
09:54:57 [PhilA2]
s/expoer/export/
09:54:59 [rgrp]
metadata = ini file - xyz: abc
09:55:06 [Tomasz]
q?
09:55:12 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Maybe the metadata file should be a .ini file for a simple example
09:55:46 [PhilA2]
rgrp: Most formats are very simple, with JSON as the most complex. Need things people can produce with the tools they have
09:55:57 [PhilA2]
Tomasz: Thanks Rufus again
09:55:57 [rgrp]
see python, ruby, debs, nodejs etc - all have super simple package formats ..
09:56:15 [rgrp]
also you need a reason for people to package - you need something they can then do ... (e.g. get something into postgres in 30s)
09:56:22 [PhilA2]
Topic: Serafin Olcoz on Openness and Reuse of Public Sector Information using Open Data Publishing, Decree
09:57:17 [fhenning]
yes phil
09:58:02 [PhilA2]
I love this line - The public sector is an archipelago of competences and budgets
09:58:08 [fhenning]
[no it drops in and out - better if you do it phil]
09:58:39 [PhilA2]
scribe: PhilA2
09:58:54 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: We decided to share all our code
09:59:08 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: Slides http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49911950/W3c%20-%20Open%20Assets.pdf
09:59:25 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: Slide 2 has the key policies
09:59:53 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: Memorandum specifies the schema to use etc.
10:00:06 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: makes publication of source code etc.
10:00:34 [Tomasz]
q?
10:00:51 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: If you want to develop software, you are obloged to see what's already available and build on that
10:01:40 [PhilA2]
... you need to write a report on various aspects. What you're using, what you're contributing back etc. (under EUPL licence)
10:01:54 [PhilA2]
... provide a functional description etc.
10:02:14 [PhilA2]
q+ to ask about mandatory report etc. (when Serafin has finished, not before)
10:02:34 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: Also state what dependencies there are etc.
10:03:07 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: You are required to publish at least the dependencies as it affects everyone, not just you
10:03:45 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: The aim is to have a global idea of what is being done using public money to develop software
10:04:39 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: This is formalising the re-use process
10:06:45 [PhilA2]
PhilA2: The obligation applies just to people being paid by the public sector and not to third party developers?
10:06:48 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: Yes
10:06:50 [PhilA2]
q-
10:07:37 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: Private sector can take OSS and develop new products and services based on the OSS directory
10:07:57 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: They may then realise the advantage of this and can, if they want, open their own source code
10:08:10 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: Which we hope will create a virtuous cycle
10:08:48 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: We're offering a robust service 24/7/365
10:08:54 [PhilA2]
... slide 5
10:09:14 [Zakim]
+[CTIC]
10:09:23 [martinAlvarez_]
zakim, [CTIC is me
10:09:23 [Zakim]
+martinAlvarez_; got it
10:09:58 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: We are actively encouraging development.
10:10:45 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: Supporting local enterprise and investment without having to spend public sector money - an unimportant feature in the current climate
10:11:42 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: We'd like others to share out approach of course and would welcome a European approach
10:12:02 [Tomasz]
q?
10:12:36 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: In order to allow people to use your OSS, you need to have a portal to make it available and to be able to access other repositories
10:12:45 [PhilA2]
... the repository itself is an asset that has value
10:13:24 [PhilA2]
... you can learn a lot about past and present components
10:13:56 [PhilA2]
... if somethinng is under development and you can wait for it to be ready before you use it, then you know to wait, If you can't wait, you know you need to go your own way.
10:14:10 [PhilA2]
... all the records are contained in an open data catalogue
10:14:14 [PhilA2]
... Slide 9
10:15:02 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: We're agnostic about formats. It can be data, or text or code etc.
10:15:20 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: We need to be able to federate our repositories
10:16:44 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: We defined various vocabularies, including for the re-use process
10:16:46 [Zakim]
-martinAlvarez_
10:17:08 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: We have the support of CTIC and others
10:17:26 [PhilA2]
... also of ministry of finance in Spain, evaluating for use across Spain
10:18:43 [Tomasz]
we will reschedule Elsa's presentation for the next meeting
10:19:32 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: talks about the schemas in use. Refers to RADion (http://www.w3.org/ns/radion) and the ISA Programme that created it
10:19:38 [Tomasz]
but i would still like some discussion about Serafin's talk
10:21:25 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: Model can be used to link different sources of data from the Web. Important to see repository itself as an asset - needed to extend RADion
10:21:27 [Zakim]
+martinAlvarez_
10:22:26 [Tomasz]
q?
10:23:05 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: We find problems with ADMS and DCAT. They don't cover everything we need
10:23:29 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller.aa]
10:25:01 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: Three new portals launching in a couple of weeks' time. All source code is open for re-use
10:25:12 [PhilA2]
Tomasz: Thanks very much Serafin - very interesting
10:25:42 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: If you need info about the decree - I've submitted links to English resources to the IG
10:26:08 [PhilA2]
Tomasz: Can you give us a sense of the size of the Basque government involvement?
10:26:48 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: We're still working on finishing the repositories so we'll have to wait a few months to be able to report on experience
10:27:09 [PhilA2]
Tomasz: Is design for re-use part of the requirement of the new software project?
10:27:16 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: Not yet. That's the plan for the future
10:27:42 [Zakim]
-Rufus
10:28:14 [Tomasz]
q?
10:28:15 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: People often saw design as being very specific to a use. In the early 90s, people began to change that view. Now you see a lot of re-usable software components
10:28:42 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: We need to work on the guidelines around this
10:29:22 [PhilA2]
Tomasz: Any more questions?
10:29:46 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: I'd like to say I'm making a presentation on this to the GLD WG this Thursday
10:29:54 [PhilA2]
Olcoz: Wants to make a Member Submission
10:30:10 [PhilA2]
Tomasz: We're at the end of our time
10:30:33 [PhilA2]
Tomasz: Apologies to Elsa for moving your presentation to our next meeting next month
10:31:08 [PhilA2]
Tomasz: A reminder that we have an open call for assistance with developing the group's summary of the various presentations we have received concerning social media
10:31:24 [PhilA2]
Tomasz: Next few meetings will be on open data - and so will welcome guests and ideas for speakers
10:31:26 [Zakim]
- +44.786.783.aadd
10:31:42 [Zakim]
-martinAlvarez_
10:31:43 [Gwyn_Sutherlin]
thanks
10:31:43 [Zakim]
-PhilA2
10:31:44 [Zakim]
-Elsa
10:31:46 [Zakim]
-Serafin
10:31:47 [Zakim]
-agipap
10:31:49 [PhilA2]
Tomasz: Thanks to speakers and scribes
10:31:49 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
10:31:50 [Zakim]
-??P6
10:31:55 [agipap]
agipap has left #egov
10:31:58 [PhilA2]
rrsagent, draft minutes
10:31:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/26-egov-minutes.html PhilA2
10:32:00 [Zakim]
-Tomasz
10:32:08 [PhilA2]
zakim, bye
10:32:08 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were agipap, PhilA2, [IPcaller], +8532871aaaa, Serafin, martinAlvarez, Tomasz, +8532871aabb, +8532871aacc, +44.786.783.aadd, Elsa, Rufus,
10:32:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #egov
10:32:11 [Zakim]
... [CTIC], martinAlvarez_
10:32:18 [PhilA2]
rrsagent, generate minutes
10:32:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/26-egov-minutes.html PhilA2
10:59:58 [PhilA2]
PhilA2 has left #egov
12:26:16 [heathjs]
heathjs has joined #egov
12:31:37 [rgrp]
rgrp has joined #egov
14:22:34 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #egov
15:28:00 [rgrp]
rgrp has joined #egov
15:52:05 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #egov
17:48:46 [cgueret]
cgueret has joined #egov
18:43:00 [rgrp]
rgrp has joined #egov