IRC log of eval on 2012-11-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:48:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #eval
14:48:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:48:02 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:48:02 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #eval
14:48:04 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3825
14:48:04 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_ERTWG(Eval TF)10:00AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
14:48:05 [trackbot]
Meeting: WCAG 2.0 Evaluation Methodology Task Force Teleconference
14:48:05 [trackbot]
Date: 15 November 2012
14:56:33 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG(Eval TF)10:00AM has now started
14:56:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.517.353.aaaa
14:57:09 [Vivienne]
Vivienne has joined #eval
14:57:20 [Detlev]
Detlev has joined #eval
14:58:02 [Zakim]
14:58:13 [Vivienne]
zakim, IPcaller isme
14:58:13 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'IPcaller isme', Vivienne
14:58:22 [Zakim]
14:58:23 [Vivienne]
zakim, IPcaller is me
14:58:23 [Zakim]
+Vivienne; got it
14:58:30 [Zakim]
+ +1.302.282.aabb
14:58:39 [MartijnHoutepen]
MartijnHoutepen has joined #eval
14:58:54 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:58:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.517.353.aaaa, Vivienne, Shadi, +1.302.282.aabb
14:59:12 [Zakim]
+ +31.30.239.aacc
14:59:25 [MartijnHoutepen]
Zakim, aacc is me
14:59:25 [Zakim]
+MartijnHoutepen; got it
14:59:35 [MartijnHoutepen]
Zakim, mute me
14:59:35 [Zakim]
MartijnHoutepen should now be muted
14:59:48 [Zakim]
15:00:13 [shadi]
scribe: Detlev
15:00:19 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
15:00:51 [shadi]
15:01:01 [MartijnHoutepen]
ack me
15:01:25 [MartijnHoutepen]
Zakim, mute me
15:01:25 [Zakim]
MartijnHoutepen should now be muted
15:01:28 [Liz]
Liz has joined #eval
15:01:50 [shadi]
regrets: Kathy, Peter, Kostas, Tim, Alistair, Kerstin, Ramon, Detlev
15:02:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.975.aadd
15:02:08 [MartijnHoutepen]
I don't know either
15:02:28 [Detlev]
Detlev: is there a way to see results of the survey on sampling?
15:02:54 [Detlev]
Shadi: can't cover the survey - Eric bein unwell and not attending
15:03:01 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:03:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.517.353.aaaa, Vivienne, Shadi, +1.302.282.aabb, MartijnHoutepen (muted), Detlev, +1.301.975.aadd
15:03:44 [Sarah_Swierenga]
Sarah_Swierenga has joined #eval
15:03:45 [Liz]
zakim, aadd is Liz
15:03:45 [Zakim]
+Liz; got it
15:03:50 [Vivienne]
zakim, mute me
15:03:51 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
15:04:15 [shadi]
zakim, aabb is Katie
15:04:15 [Zakim]
+Katie; got it
15:05:03 [Zakim]
+ +1.517.432.aaee
15:05:09 [Mike_Elledge]
Mike_Elledge has joined #eval
15:06:21 [Detlev]
Katie: Shawns suggestions for numbering could be a topic
15:06:33 [Vivienne]
15:06:46 [Vivienne]
ack me
15:07:28 [Vivienne]
15:07:50 [Detlev]
Some things in the introdiction were numbered and are not any more
15:08:06 [Detlev]
Sorry that was Katie)
15:08:08 [Vivienne]
ack me
15:08:50 [Detlev]
Vivienne: We agreed at TPAC that the whole group should decide - can't do much without them
15:09:19 [Detlev]
Shadi: We should summarise discussions and put to the group for decisions
15:09:42 [Detlev]
Shadi: we are largely the same group now
15:09:46 [Vivienne]
zakim, mute me
15:09:46 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
15:10:17 [shadi]
15:10:53 [Detlev]
Shadi> summary of TPAC: 1. more technical detail oriented, how does WCAG-EM apply to web applications?
15:11:32 [Detlev]
Shadi: there will be a higher density of functions, needs mirte testing of states etc, but otherwise it is similar - just the effort goes up
15:12:09 [Detlev]
Shadi: we looked at sampleing / random and structured ampling - unsure about precise outcome
15:12:28 [MoeKraft]
MoeKraft has joined #eval
15:12:30 [Detlev]
Shadi> impact of sample size, possibility of having complimentary random pages
15:12:53 [Zakim]
15:12:55 [Detlev]
Shadi: use case for random sampling: to counteract any biase that there might be
15:13:18 [Detlev]
Shadi: main focus is good structured sampling, random sampleing an additional check
15:13:35 [Detlev]
15:14:45 [Mike_Elledge]
15:15:41 [Detlev]
Detlev: possiblz postpone summary, put main points in writing for people to look at so they can ask uestions
15:16:06 [Detlev]
Shadi: Please read the minutes - need motre work on reporting templates
15:16:12 [Detlev]
Thursday meeting
15:16:17 [shadi]
15:16:34 [Detlev]
Shadi .. of EOWG
15:17:02 [Detlev]
Shadi> they are working on a "qucik check" - complimentary to our ork
15:17:24 [Detlev]
Shadi: Next week there will be more exchange with EOWG
15:17:41 [Detlev]
Shadi: agrees there should be a written summary
15:17:49 [Vivienne]
15:17:55 [Detlev]
15:17:56 [Vivienne]
ack me
15:18:09 [MartijnHoutepen]
q- Detlev
15:18:19 [Detlev]
Vivienne: Shadi sent a summary of the EOWG minutes at TPAC
15:18:58 [Detlev]
Vivienne: Was there also a wrap-up the TPAC meeting as well?
15:19:09 [Detlev]
Shadi: Shawn send minutes as well
15:19:15 [shadi]
15:19:33 [Detlev]
Shadi: with bullet points summary - we should have them as well
15:19:41 [Detlev]
Vivienne: agrees
15:20:06 [Detlev]
Vivienne: they have a summary at the top, then minutes
15:20:14 [Detlev]
Shadi: We can do that as well
15:20:32 [Detlev]
Shadi: Reg. survey on sampling - has it been filled out?
15:20:34 [Detlev]
15:20:48 [Liz]
15:20:57 [MartijnHoutepen]
I filled it out
15:20:57 [Detlev]
Shadi: should we reopen it?
15:20:58 [MoeKraft]
If it is still open, I will fill it out. The deadline was 10/23 but the survey is still active.
15:21:11 [Detlev]
Sarah: not clear when this went out
15:21:37 [MoeKraft]
15:21:51 [Detlev]
Shadi: was sent out at 23 October, to respond before the Lyon meeting - some said this would be too quick - it seems to be still open
15:22:15 [Detlev]
Shadi: problem that you can't see responses
15:22:41 [Detlev]
Shadi: Constructed so that people can fill it out more than once if they have several roles
15:22:48 [Vivienne]
zakim, mute me
15:22:48 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
15:23:38 [Detlev]
Shadi: resend msg with clear subkect line
15:23:41 [Detlev]
will do
15:23:42 [Liz]
15:23:57 [Detlev]
Shadi: unconfortable to staet new things without Eric present
15:24:42 [Detlev]
Liz: should people who have no expreience in evaluation fill out the survey nevertheless?
15:24:53 [Detlev]
Shadi: feel free nit to fill it out
15:26:02 [Detlev]
Shadi: WOuld call it a day if no one else has issues
15:26:03 [Vivienne]
I agree,let's leave it for now.
15:26:38 [Detlev]
Shadi: next week will be difficult due to thanksgiving, may be cancelled
15:26:48 [Detlev]
Shadi: another draft id due end of Dec
15:27:20 [Detlev]
Shadi: there will be new surveys, disposition of comments, and editor draft to work on
15:27:27 [Mike_Elledge]
Ciao! US participants will be in a food coma next Thursday, so perhaps postponing the next telcon might be wise...
15:27:27 [MartijnHoutepen]
ack me
15:27:30 [MoeKraft]
15:27:31 [Detlev]
Wrap up
15:27:32 [Vivienne]
bye now
15:27:32 [Zakim]
- +1.517.432.aaee
15:27:33 [Zakim]
15:27:35 [Detlev]
15:27:36 [Zakim]
- +1.517.353.aaaa
15:27:36 [Vivienne]
Vivienne has left #eval
15:27:38 [Zakim]
15:27:42 [Zakim]
15:27:44 [Zakim]
15:27:44 [Zakim]
15:27:47 [Zakim]
15:27:54 [Liz]
15:36:37 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
15:36:37 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
15:36:37 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.517.353.aaaa, Shadi, Vivienne, +1.302.282.aabb, +31.30.239.aacc, MartijnHoutepen, Detlev, +1.301.975.aadd, Liz, Katie, +1.517.432.aaee,
15:36:41 [Zakim]
... MoeKraft
15:36:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:36:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate trackbot
15:36:46 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
15:36:46 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items