IRC log of i18n on 2012-11-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:01:16 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
16:01:16 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/11/14-i18n-irc
16:01:22 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #i18n
16:01:29 [aphillip]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
16:01:31 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
16:01:33 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 4186
16:01:33 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM scheduled to start now
16:01:34 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
16:01:34 [trackbot]
Date: 14 November 2012
16:01:46 [r12a]
zakim, dial richard please
16:01:46 [Zakim]
ok, r12a; the call is being made
16:01:46 [Zakim]
I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM has now started
16:01:48 [Zakim]
+Richard
16:02:03 [aphillip]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2012Nov/0007.html
16:02:04 [aphillip]
Scribe: Addison Phillips
16:02:07 [aphillip]
ScribeNick: aphillip
16:02:20 [aphillip]
Chair: Addison Phillips
16:02:20 [aphillip]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:02:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/14-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
16:02:36 [Zakim]
+Addison_Phillips
16:02:40 [matial]
matial has joined #i18n
16:02:54 [Zakim]
+Dave
16:02:55 [aphillip]
zakim, I am Addison_Phillips
16:02:55 [Zakim]
ok, aphillip, I now associate you with Addison_Phillips
16:03:20 [Zakim]
+??P3
16:03:28 [matial]
zakim, ??p3 is me
16:03:28 [Zakim]
+matial; got it
16:05:24 [r12a]
i'll need to leave at 4.45 today
16:05:36 [aphillip]
Topic: Agenda and Minutes
16:05:38 [matial]
I will have to leave around the half hour.
16:05:47 [r12a]
zakim, who's here?
16:05:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Richard, Addison_Phillips, Dave, matial (muted)
16:05:48 [Zakim]
On IRC I see matial, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, David, andrewc, r12a, trackbot
16:05:50 [aphillip]
zakim, who is here?
16:05:50 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Richard, Addison_Phillips, Dave, matial (muted)
16:05:51 [Zakim]
On IRC I see matial, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, David, andrewc, r12a, trackbot
16:05:58 [aphillip]
zakim, mut Dave
16:05:58 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'mut Dave', aphillip
16:06:04 [aphillip]
zakim, mute Dave
16:06:04 [Zakim]
Dave should now be muted
16:06:08 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:06:27 [aphillip]
Topic: Agenda and Minutes
16:06:32 [r12a]
who joined the call?
16:06:46 [aphillip]
zakim, who is here?
16:06:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Richard, Addison_Phillips, Dave (muted), matial (muted), [IPcaller]
16:06:48 [r12a]
speak or be killed
16:06:48 [Zakim]
On IRC I see matial, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, David, andrewc, r12a, trackbot
16:07:02 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
16:07:04 [aphillip]
zakim, drop [IPcaller]
16:07:04 [Zakim]
sorry, aphillip, I do not see a party named '[IPcaller]'
16:07:25 [aphillip]
Topic: Action Items
16:07:49 [aphillip]
Update qa-byte-order-mark document
16:08:14 [r12a]
http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open
16:08:19 [aphillip]
Tell CSS about WG consensus on case folding
16:08:29 [aphillip]
Contact Aharon about creating tests for unicode-bidi: isolate
16:08:56 [aphillip]
Topic: Info Share
16:09:13 [aphillip]
Regrets: Felix, Norbert
16:09:42 [aphillip]
Topic: Korean Layout TF
16:09:50 [aphillip]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2012Nov/0006.html
16:10:34 [aphillip]
ACTION: addison: respond to Soon-Bum Lin about Korean Layout TF
16:10:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-159 - Respond to Soon-Bum Lin about Korean Layout TF [on Addison Phillips - due 2012-11-21].
16:11:19 [aphillip]
richard: propose to publish as a Note, but first we need to do a review (public review) cycle
16:11:24 [aphillip]
... published in both Korean and English
16:11:51 [aphillip]
... and depending on resources available, does he have someone to review the translation?
16:11:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/14-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
16:12:21 [aphillip]
richard: could set up an IG or could just use public-i18n-cjk@ list
16:12:59 [aphillip]
... good to have an IG
16:13:58 [David]
I agree with Richard - that we should use public cjk list
16:15:08 [aphillip]
Topic: Future of IRI
16:25:25 [aphillip]
aphillip has joined #i18n
16:26:09 [aphillip]
Let's discuss our reaction again next week
16:26:20 [aphillip]
Topic: AOB?
16:27:57 [David]
bye
16:27:58 [Zakim]
-Addison_Phillips
16:28:03 [Zakim]
-Dave
16:28:04 [r12a]
thanks addison
16:28:16 [r12a]
zakim, drop richard
16:28:16 [Zakim]
Richard is being disconnected
16:28:17 [Zakim]
-Richard
16:29:00 [Zakim]
-matial
16:29:02 [Zakim]
I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM has ended
16:29:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were Richard, Addison_Phillips, Dave, matial, [IPcaller]
16:54:25 [aphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:54:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/14-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
16:54:26 [aphillip]
zakim, bye
16:54:26 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18n
16:54:33 [aphillip]
rrsagent, bye
16:54:33 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/11/14-i18n-actions.rdf :
16:54:33 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: addison: respond to Soon-Bum Lin about Korean Layout TF [1]
16:54:33 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/11/14-i18n-irc#T16-10-34