IRC log of mlw-lt on 2012-10-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:46:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mlw-lt
14:46:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/10/29-mlw-lt-irc
14:46:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mlw-lt
14:46:35 [fsasaki]
meeting: MWL-LT WG
14:46:40 [fsasaki]
chair: felix
14:46:41 [fsasaki]
scribe: tbd
14:47:27 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0378.html
14:59:35 [Yves_]
Yves_ has joined #mlw-lt
15:01:25 [Pedro]
Pedro has joined #mlw-lt
15:03:16 [fsasaki]
present: Yves, Pedro, Felix
15:03:20 [Des]
Des has joined #mlw-lt
15:03:33 [fsasaki]
present+ Des
15:04:28 [daveL]
daveL has joined #mlw-lt
15:05:11 [fsasaki]
topic: agenda
15:05:14 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/LyonNov2012#Thursday_1st_Nov:_MLW-LT_WG_meeting_agenda
15:07:04 [fsasaki]
felix: any thoughts on the agenda draft?
15:07:07 [omstefanov]
omstefanov has joined #mlw-lt
15:07:14 [fsasaki]
present+ olaf
15:07:31 [fsasaki]
yves: agenda looks good, need to talk about the tests
15:08:46 [fsasaki]
felix: should we split sessions?
15:08:50 [fsasaki]
dave: hard to deal with
15:09:20 [fsasaki]
felix: will have one room, rather larger
15:11:09 [fsasaki]
pedro: objective is to resolve implementation issues
15:12:04 [fsasaki]
.. open issues about metadata definitions are not in focus anymore
15:12:56 [fsasaki]
felix: focus on 1st day for implementaitons, 2nd day for open spec issues
15:13:01 [fsasaki]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgIk0-aoSKOadG5HQmJDT2EybWVvVC1VbnF5alN2S3c#gid=0
15:13:58 [fsasaki]
felix: what is the feeling about timeeline, the milestones
15:15:38 [fsasaki]
revision of M2: "M2 (every implementor has run at least one global and one local test file, one XML and one HTML as well - by 15 December)"
15:16:33 [fsasaki]
dave: if people don't do HTML or XML, they won't do parts of the above, but if they committ to things, they need to do it
15:17:11 [fsasaki]
yves: milestones fine with me
15:17:46 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Use_cases_-_high_level_summary
15:18:25 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/LyonNov2012#Thursday_1st_Nov:_MLW-LT_WG_meeting_agenda
15:18:34 [fsasaki]
"review implementation isssues"
15:19:13 [michael_]
michael_ has joined #mlw-lt
15:19:54 [fsasaki]
yves: people on the call are the one who have listed issues
15:20:47 [fsasaki]
felix: what is the state of phil (vistatec) implementation?
15:21:05 [fsasaki]
dave: seen in seattle last week, again javascript based data for review
15:21:16 [fsasaki]
.. not sure about implementation progress
15:22:02 [fsasaki]
action: daveL to check implementation status from phil
15:22:30 [fsasaki]
topic: open issues
15:22:32 [fsasaki]
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/open
15:23:22 [fsasaki]
felix: what are the most pressing issues in your opinion?
15:23:34 [fsasaki]
yves: resolve the problem of the two reference mechanisms
15:24:20 [fsasaki]
.. the "tool" issue, issue-42
15:24:36 [fsasaki]
.. the other one: what to do with pointer attributes in global rules
15:24:46 [fsasaki]
dave: that overlaps with XLIFF mapping
15:25:14 [fsasaki]
yves: we have provenance and localization note
15:25:22 [fsasaki]
.. these are natural have standoff markup
15:25:36 [fsasaki]
.. for disambiguation it might be nice to have, but to be decided for the data category owners
15:26:44 [fsasaki]
felix: about XLIFF, should we just wait?
15:27:06 [fsasaki]
yves: the people in the XLIFF TC will promote that topic, hope that in a few days we will have an idea about the direction
15:27:45 [fsasaki]
dave: need to decide in Lyon what we will do in ITS
15:28:16 [fsasaki]
yves: we should assume that XLIFF will have "mrk" extension
15:28:37 [fsasaki]
"ed. note"
15:31:42 [fsasaki]
action: felix to make a doodle poll for 1/2 day calls in November
15:33:12 [fsasaki]
topic: issue-52
15:33:14 [fsasaki]
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/52
15:33:37 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#Disambiguation-implementation
15:33:49 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#domain-implementation
15:34:13 [daveL]
daveL has joined #mlw-lt
15:34:17 [fsasaki]
yves: no discussion on algorithm since it has been posted
15:35:10 [fsasaki]
.. need to make sure that test cases have the algorithm build in
15:35:46 [fsasaki]
felix: could we close this and see what the test cases say?
15:36:05 [fsasaki]
dave: ankit and leroy will be in Lyon to discuss this
15:37:00 [fsasaki]
pedro: maurico is working on this
15:37:22 [fsasaki]
.. mauricio will try to test this before thursday
15:37:33 [fsasaki]
.. in real time system we will do it too
15:39:21 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/LyonNov2012#Thursday_1st_Nov:_MLW-LT_WG_meeting_agenda
15:39:28 [fsasaki]
"session 0: "
15:42:00 [fsasaki]
"session 4: spec review from Mārcis Pinnis, and review of editoral notes in spec"
15:44:46 [fsasaki]
topic: aob
15:46:13 [fsasaki]
felix: nothing, see or hear you soon in Lyon
15:46:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/10/29-mlw-lt-minutes.html fsasaki
17:13:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mlw-lt
18:00:57 [trackbot]
trackbot has joined #mlw-lt