IRC log of tagmem on 2012-10-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:01:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tagmem
17:01:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/10/25-tagmem-irc
17:01:39 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:01:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tagmem
17:01:41 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be TAG
17:01:41 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see TAG_Weekly()1:00PM scheduled to start now
17:01:42 [trackbot]
Meeting: Technical Architecture Group Teleconference
17:01:42 [trackbot]
Date: 25 October 2012
17:02:08 [ht]
ht has joined #tagmem
17:02:11 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()1:00PM has now started
17:02:17 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
17:02:46 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
17:04:36 [Zakim]
+??P6
17:04:45 [ht]
zakim, ? is me
17:04:45 [Zakim]
+ht; got it
17:04:58 [ht]
ScribeNick: ht
17:05:02 [ht]
Scribe: Henry S. Thompson
17:05:09 [ht]
Call: TAG telcon
17:05:14 [ht]
Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
17:05:15 [Zakim]
+Yves
17:05:33 [ht]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-agenda.html
17:05:33 [Zakim]
+??P9
17:06:51 [ht]
OK, ready
17:07:03 [ht]
Topic: Convene/Admin
17:07:12 [ht]
zakim, who is on the call?
17:07:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see JeniT, Ashok_Malhotra, ht, Yves, ??P9
17:08:11 [ht]
NM: No call next week, 2012-10-01
17:08:25 [ht]
NM: Next call will be 2012-10-08
17:08:43 [ht]
[NM, please update agenda to show correct dates]
17:09:04 [noah]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/18-minutes
17:09:21 [noah]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/07-agenda
17:09:30 [ht]
NM: RESOLUTION: approved http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/18-minutes as minutes for 2012-10-18 call
17:09:34 [noah]
zakim, who is here?
17:09:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see JeniT, Ashok_Malhotra, ht, Yves, Noah
17:09:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ht, Zakim, RRSAgent, Ashok, JeniT, noahm, noah, timbl, plinss, Yves, trackbot
17:10:06 [ht]
NM: Can we publish 2012-10-07 f2f minutes?
17:10:28 [ht]
YL: I think we should wait
17:10:36 [ht]
HST: I agree -- JAR needs to update
17:11:01 [ht]
NM: HST, please chase JAR
17:11:04 [ht]
HST: will do
17:11:38 [ht]
NM: Once that is done, I presume we can go ahead and publish
17:12:00 [ht]
NM: Two new drafts are out?
17:12:03 [Zakim]
+TimBL
17:12:15 [ht]
YL: FragIDs is out, Pub and Link should go out today
17:12:59 [ht]
NM: FragIDs is a Last Call
17:13:04 [noah]
Both are Last Call Working Draft
17:13:10 [ht]
YL: Pub and Link will be Last Call as well
17:13:30 [ht]
Topic: TPAC
17:14:16 [ht]
NM: Product Page index and individual pages should be correct, so that we can point to that/them at TPAC w/o embarrassment
17:14:43 [ht]
AM: Waiting for P&L to be published, will do update then, pbly tomorrow
17:15:03 [ht]
NM: Don't forget the index page
17:15:08 [JeniT]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/
17:15:55 [ht]
NM: Index should be consistent with page itself
17:16:19 [ht]
JT: RB won't be updating the Privacy page. . .
17:16:26 [ht]
AM: PL was going to look at it
17:16:29 [noah]
zakim, who is here?
17:16:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see JeniT, Ashok_Malhotra, ht, Yves, Noah, TimBL
17:16:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ht, Zakim, RRSAgent, Ashok, JeniT, noahm, noah, timbl, plinss, Yves, trackbot
17:16:57 [ht]
NM: Can anyone to a quick fix on that?
17:17:12 [ht]
JT: I'll do something when I do the FragIDs page
17:17:25 [noah]
Discuss any preparation needed for TPAC
17:17:25 [noah]
AB syncup?
17:17:25 [noah]
Publishing and linking last call (next item)?
17:17:25 [noah]
Election procedures
17:17:25 [noah]
Other?
17:17:27 [ht]
HST will check on persistence and URIs
17:17:42 [ht]
NM: HST is taking the lead wrt presentation planning
17:18:09 [noah]
HT: I have done nothing, because waiting for meeting on Monday with Larry, Peter Ashok
17:18:50 [noah]
JT: Do you want 3 slides from me?
17:19:03 [ht]
HST: We'll give you some input
17:19:04 [noah]
HT: Yes, great, we may give you some "anticipatory feedback"
17:19:26 [ht]
NM: There will be a lunch with the AB, people have signed up
17:19:36 [ht]
AM: Anything specific you (NM) want brought up?
17:20:04 [ht]
NM: No -- anyone else?
17:20:13 [ht]
NM: Election procedures?
17:20:28 [ht]
AM: Got the feeling that the AB don't want to talk about it much
17:20:47 [ht]
NM: If we pushed hard, they might do something
17:21:18 [noah]
NM: How hard should we push Single Transferable Vote
17:21:33 [noah]
HT: Let's start by getting a sense of where a broader cross-section of the AB is on this.
17:21:53 [noah]
HT: Might be worth pursuing, depending on how others feel.
17:22:22 [ht]
NM: Anything to add to the agenda?
17:22:33 [ht]
Topic: Pending Review items
17:22:37 [ht]
[None]
17:23:38 [ht]
NM: Once we move the two pubs out the door for real, we need to have some other topics to get working on. . .
17:23:41 [noah]
ACTION-617?
17:23:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-617 -- Yves Lafon to work with Noah to take http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/ off the Rec track -- due 2012-10-23 -- OPEN
17:23:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/617
17:23:49 [ht]
Topic: Overdue Action items
17:24:03 [ht]
YL: Hope to resolve after TPAC
17:24:12 [noah]
ACTION-617 Due 2012-11-08
17:24:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-617 Work with Noah to take http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/ off the Rec track due date now 2012-11-08
17:24:28 [ht]
YL: SotD review?
17:24:35 [ht]
NM: Send it to everyone
17:24:38 [noah]
ACTION-748?
17:24:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-748 -- Ashok Malhotra to prepare draft of Publishing and Linking by Oct 15 -- due 2012-10-15 -- OPEN
17:24:38 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/748
17:25:04 [noah]
close ACTION-748
17:25:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-748 prepare draft of Publishing and Linking by Oct 15 closed
17:25:08 [ht]
NM: Close this and replace with "respond to LC feedback"?
17:25:39 [ht]
AM: Closing date?
17:25:49 [ht]
YL: 2012-12-13
17:26:05 [ht]
NM: So we'll try to have responses ready before the f2f
17:26:16 [noah]
ACTION: Ashok to prepare response to last call feedback on Publishing and Linking - Due 2013-01-07
17:26:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-763 - prepare response to last call feedback on Publishing and Linking [on Ashok Malhotra - due 2013-01-07].
17:26:39 [ht]
AM: So we need to ask people to review this, specifically
17:26:52 [ht]
... JAR and LM to make suggestions
17:27:06 [ht]
NM: Need an action?
17:27:13 [ht]
AM: Yes, OK
17:27:33 [noah]
ACTION: Ashok to arrange for expert review of Publishing and Linking last call draft - Due 2012-11-08
17:27:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-764 - arrange for expert review of Publishing and Linking last call draft [on Ashok Malhotra - due 2012-11-08].
17:28:20 [noah]
ACTION-718?
17:28:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-718 -- Ashok Malhotra to propose goals and success critera for TAG work on architectural issues relating to storage sync, linked data, etc. -- due 2012-10-10 -- OPEN
17:28:20 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/718
17:28:47 [ht]
AM: Regrets for 8 November
17:29:10 [noah]
AM: Regrets for 11/8
17:29:24 [noah]
ACTION-718 Due 2012-11-13
17:29:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-718 Propose goals and success critera for TAG work on architectural issues relating to storage sync, linked data, etc. due date now 2012-11-13
17:29:44 [noah]
ACTION-724?
17:29:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-724 -- Henry Thompson to investigate possible TAG efforts on URI scheme proliferation and extension points -- due 2012-10-05 -- OPEN
17:29:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/724
17:29:49 [noah]
ACTION-724?
17:29:50 [trackbot]
ACTION-724 -- Henry Thompson to investigate possible TAG efforts on URI scheme proliferation and extension points -- due 2012-10-05 -- OPEN
17:29:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/724
17:30:06 [noah]
HT: Talked last time
17:30:18 [noah]
ACTION-724 Due 2012-11-06
17:30:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-724 investigate possible TAG efforts on URI scheme proliferation and extension points due date now 2012-11-06
17:30:27 [noah]
ACTION-23?
17:30:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-23 -- Henry Thompson to track progress of #int bug 1974 in the XML Schema namespace document in the XML Schema WG -- due 2012-10-05 -- OPEN
17:30:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/23
17:30:59 [noah]
That was opened 2007...at least we're persistent
17:31:10 [noah]
HT: There's actually been recent discussion
17:31:20 [noah]
ACTION-23 Due 2012-11-06
17:31:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-23 track progress of #int bug 1974 in the XML Schema namespace document in the XML Schema WG due date now 2012-11-06
17:31:32 [noah]
ACTION-560?
17:31:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-560 -- Henry Thompson to review HTML polyglot last call -- due 2012-10-05 -- OPEN
17:31:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/560
17:32:10 [noah]
HT: I did my actions long ago, should have been pending. Sent personal comments in. Some things got changed. Some got taken to core and some good things came of that.
17:32:15 [noah]
HT: So, overtaken.
17:32:22 [noah]
close ACTION-560
17:32:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-560 Review HTML polyglot last call closed
17:32:23 [ht]
s/core/XML Core/
17:32:31 [noah]
ACTION-742?
17:32:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-742 -- Henry Thompson to excavate a statement on the TAG voting issue from email/minutes that we can consider as a basis for email to the AB -- due 2012-10-04 -- OPEN
17:32:31 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/742
17:32:40 [noah]
close ACTION-742
17:32:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-742 Excavate a statement on the TAG voting issue from email/minutes that we can consider as a basis for email to the AB closed
17:32:56 [noah]
ACTION-672?
17:32:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-672 -- Jeni Tennison to work with PLH to create W3C-sponsored registry of HTML extensions, and get that referenced from HTML media type registration, per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Jan/0048.html -- due 2012-05-29 -- OPEN
17:32:57 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/672
17:33:27 [ht]
JT: Needs discussion -- I reached out to PLH and Mike Smith
17:33:39 [ht]
... got no response
17:33:56 [ht]
JT: There is the new Web Platform initiative, right?
17:34:25 [ht]
YL: Not at w3.org, but like a Wiki, can be editted
17:34:32 [Yves]
http://www.webplatform.org/
17:34:38 [ht]
JT: Does it have a list of all the HTML extensions under discussion
17:34:51 [ht]
q+ to say "WHOA"
17:35:14 [noah]
ack next
17:35:15 [Zakim]
ht, you wanted to say "WHOA"
17:35:18 [ht]
JT: Because if it does, all we have to do is include a pointer to that page in the media type registration for text/html
17:36:11 [JeniT]
HT: I'd be surprised if IETF would accept a media type registration that pointed to a community-editable page
17:36:39 [noah]
Jeni, regarding privacy update to product page, check out ACTION-716 http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/716
17:36:46 [JeniT]
... it's not as simple as having a pointer to that page
17:37:14 [ht]
JT: On the other hand, there is the pressure within IETF towards lighter touch wrt registries
17:37:31 [ht]
NM: Reviewed vs. unreviewed?
17:37:38 [noah]
JT: There is IETF pressure to move toward more wiki-like registration
17:37:53 [ht]
HST: I wasn't aware of a two-phase story
17:38:29 [ht]
JT: More the idea that if you want to encourage people to register things, a lighter-weight process is needed
17:39:01 [ht]
NM: So something as important as, say, image/jpg, would have to be able to move from just proposed to seriously endorsed
17:39:19 [ht]
JT: There will be some kind of status field . . .
17:39:28 [ht]
[reverse previous two lines]
17:39:39 [noah]
JT: Push it back
17:39:54 [noah]
ACTION-672 Due 2012-11-06
17:39:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-672 Work with PLH to create W3C-sponsored registry of HTML extensions, and get that referenced from HTML media type registration, per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Jan/0048.html due date now 2012-11-06
17:40:03 [ht]
JT: Two/three weeks -- I can try to make some progress at TPAC
17:40:22 [noah]
ACTION-741?
17:40:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-741 -- Noah Mendelsohn to check with Norm Walsh on closing out HTML/XML unification work -- due 2012-10-04 -- OPEN
17:40:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/741
17:40:35 [noah]
ACTION-741 Due 2012-11-06
17:40:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-741 Check with Norm Walsh on closing out HTML/XML unification work due date now 2012-11-06
17:40:45 [noah]
ACTION-716?
17:40:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-716 -- Noah Mendelsohn to update privacy product page to indicate a) possible handoff to other group b) liaison with IAB & IETF privacy interest group c) goal to initiate larger activity in privacy - Due: 2012-07-31 -- due 2012-06-19 -- OPEN
17:40:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/716
17:41:21 [ht]
NM: JT, you had said you might update the PP index -- this action is the relevant basis
17:41:39 [ht]
JT: This looks like Privacy as a whole, not the 'old' API minimization
17:41:49 [noah]
ACTION-762?
17:41:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-762 -- Peter Linss to prepare for review a draft of a TAG Note focusing on the minimization message in the privacy finding. PL to check w/Robin and Dan first. -- due 2013-11-27 -- OPEN
17:41:49 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/762
17:42:17 [ht]
JT: That due date looks wrong
17:43:01 [noah]
ACTION-762?
17:43:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-762 -- Peter Linss to prepare for review a draft of a TAG Note focusing on the minimization message in the privacy finding. PL to check w/Robin and Dan first. -- due 2012-11-27 -- OPEN
17:43:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/762
17:43:35 [noah]
ACTION-716 Due 2013-01-06
17:43:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-716 Update privacy product page to indicate a) possible handoff to other group b) liaison with IAB & IETF privacy interest group c) goal to initiate larger activity in privacy - Due: 2012-07-31 due date now 2013-01-06
17:43:44 [noah]
action-760?
17:43:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-760 -- Noah Mendelsohn to send Steve Zilles note saying Henry, Larry, Peter, Ashok, Tim and Jeni (Wed) could meet with AB -- due 2012-10-16 -- OPEN
17:43:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/760
17:43:52 [noah]
close ACTION-760
17:43:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-760 Send Steve Zilles note saying Henry, Larry, Peter, Ashok, Tim and Jeni (Wed) could meet with AB closed
17:44:07 [noah]
ACTION-743?
17:44:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-743 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule F2F discussion of issues report to Jeff Jaffe, see ACTION-563 -- due 2012-10-04 -- OPEN
17:44:07 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/743
17:44:43 [ht]
NM: This needs to be retargetted at the Jan f2f
17:44:54 [noah]
ACTION-743?
17:44:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-743 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule F2F discussion of issues report to Jeff Jaffe, see ACTION-563 -- due 2012-10-04 -- PENDINGREVIEW
17:44:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/743
17:45:42 [noah]
ACTION-692?
17:45:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-692 -- Noah Mendelsohn to consider JAR's april request to discuss, for 10 mins, issues list at oct f2f -- due 2012-09-10 -- OPEN
17:45:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/692
17:46:28 [ht]
NM: I view the old traditional issues list as a historical record of open issues of architectural significance
17:46:43 [ht]
... whereas the product page records our current priorities
17:46:48 [noah]
ACTION-692?
17:46:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-692 -- Noah Mendelsohn to consider JAR's april request to discuss, for 10 mins, issues list at oct f2f -- due 2012-09-10 -- PENDINGREVIEW
17:46:48 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/692
17:47:04 [ht]
NM: If they aren't converging, we have a potential problem
17:47:20 [ht]
NM: So I will bring this back for consideration
17:47:45 [ht]
Topic: TPAC
17:47:56 [ht]
I have reserved rooms for Monday morning and Friday afternoon
17:48:10 [ht]
q+ to make a suggestion
17:48:20 [noah]
ack next
17:48:21 [Zakim]
ht, you wanted to make a suggestion
17:48:24 [timbl]
q+
17:49:13 [noah]
HT: I will be at WG meeting that morning (presume Monday). Peter too, I suspect. Suggest we duck out of our WGs late morning ahead of lunch.
17:49:45 [noah]
HT: Sounds like Ashok and Larry are not in WGs. Perhaps you should meet up with Tim Monday morning?
17:50:02 [noah]
TBL: There's WebID and RDF (scribe infers Tim wants to go to those)
17:50:10 [noah]
TBL: Could do breakfast
17:50:23 [ht]
AM: When is WebID
17:50:28 [ht]
TBL: Mon/Tue
17:50:36 [ht]
... Same time as RDF WG
17:50:47 [ht]
... LDP is Thu/Fri
17:51:10 [ht]
NM: OK?
17:51:15 [ht]
HST: Catch as catch can
17:51:30 [ht]
s/I have/NM: I have/
17:51:44 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
17:51:49 [ht]
NM: Adjourned
17:51:51 [Zakim]
-JeniT
17:51:54 [Zakim]
-Yves
17:51:56 [Zakim]
-TimBL
17:51:57 [Zakim]
-Noah
17:52:00 [Zakim]
-ht
17:52:01 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()1:00PM has ended
17:52:01 [Zakim]
Attendees were Ashok_Malhotra, JeniT, ht, Yves, Noah, TimBL
17:52:23 [ht]
RRSAgent, make logs world-visible
17:53:10 [timbl]
Actually I am leaving Friday earlly afternoon
17:54:29 [timbl]
3:30
17:54:38 [timbl]
pm
18:20:22 [noahm]
noahm has joined #tagmem
18:25:01 [noahm]
noahm has joined #tagmem
18:32:46 [timbl_]
timbl_ has joined #tagmem
20:20:44 [noah]
noah has joined #tagmem
20:29:30 [noahm]
noahm has joined #tagmem
20:31:12 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tagmem
22:02:37 [noah]
noah has joined #tagmem
23:34:57 [timbl]
timbl has joined #tagmem