IRC log of xproc on 2012-10-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:00:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
14:00:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:00:33 [Zakim]
14:00:52 [Zakim]
14:01:11 [Norm]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
14:01:11 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
14:01:11 [Norm]
Date: 18 Oct 2012
14:01:11 [Norm]
14:01:11 [Norm]
Meeting: 222
14:01:11 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
14:01:11 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
14:01:12 [Norm]
ScribeNick: norm
14:01:12 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
14:01:27 [Norm]
zakim, ??P13 is Henry
14:01:27 [Zakim]
+Henry; got it
14:01:33 [Norm]
zakim, henry is ht
14:01:33 [Zakim]
+ht; got it
14:01:36 [Norm]
zakim, ht holds alexmilowski
14:01:36 [Zakim]
+alexmilowski; got it
14:01:38 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc
14:01:39 [Norm]
zakim, who's here?
14:01:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Norm, ht
14:01:40 [Zakim]
ht has alexmilowski
14:01:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ht, alexmilowski, RRSAgent, Zakim, Norm, liam
14:02:30 [caribou]
caribou has joined #xproc
14:03:57 [Norm]
zakim, who's here?
14:03:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Norm, ht
14:03:58 [Zakim]
ht has alex
14:03:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see caribou, ht, alexmilowski, RRSAgent, Zakim, Norm, liam
14:04:02 [Norm]
Regrets: Vojtech, Cornelia
14:04:15 [Norm]
Present: Norm, Henry, Alex, Jim
14:05:06 [Zakim]
+ +1.778.440.aaaa
14:05:22 [Norm]
zakim, aaaa is Murray
14:05:22 [Zakim]
+Murray; got it
14:05:28 [Norm]
Present: Norm, Henry, Alex, Jim, Murray
14:05:50 [Zakim]
+ +420.6.026.9.aabb
14:06:12 [Norm]
zakim, aabb is Jim
14:06:12 [Zakim]
+Jim; got it
14:06:15 [Norm]
zakim, who's here?
14:06:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Norm, ht, Murray, Jim
14:06:16 [Zakim]
ht has alex
14:06:16 [Zakim]
On IRC I see caribou, ht, alexmilowski, RRSAgent, Zakim, Norm, liam
14:06:44 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
14:06:44 [Norm]
14:07:04 [Norm]
14:07:08 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
14:07:08 [Norm]
14:07:27 [Norm]
14:07:33 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: telcon 25 Oct? F2F?
14:08:14 [Norm]
We'll skip 25 Oct and meet at the f2f.
14:08:59 [Norm]
Jim: Will we have good enough wifi to do VOIP at the f2f
14:09:01 [Norm]
Norm: Maybe.
14:09:25 [Norm]
Topic: Review of action items
14:09:33 [Norm]
No progress reported *sad panda*
14:09:39 [Norm]
Topic: Agenda prep for f2f
14:10:12 [Norm]
Norm: Finishing up the processor profiles doc, the new requirements doc, and any step notes
14:10:51 [Norm]
Norm: We've got a few proposals on the table: fixing parameters and binary (or non-XML) in pipelines
14:11:00 [Norm]
Norm: I think working through those would be good.
14:11:17 [Norm]
Norm: Any other suggestions?
14:11:36 [Norm]
Jim: If we can leave TPAC with a requirements document that we can work on by telcon, then I think that would be declaring vicory
14:11:45 [Norm]
Jim: It would be even better if we could publish the zip note.
14:12:28 [Norm]
ACTION: Norm to ask cmsmcq to see if he'll be at TPAC and might meet with us
14:13:15 [Norm]
Jim: Can we also look at the test suite again?
14:13:29 [Norm]
Norm: Oh, indeed. And we should run through the public comments.
14:14:36 [Norm]
Jim: There's someone who's made a bunch of comments about zip and unzip. I need about an hour to review those comments.
14:15:10 [Norm]
14:15:30 [Norm]
Jim: I'll try to update the doc this week.
14:16:36 [Norm]
Henry: Have we given up officially on a compact syntax? I don't have a brief for it, but I think we need to be happy with that as a decision that we've made.
14:17:18 [Norm]
Norm: I'm happy to leave that hanging at least through the f2f.
14:19:01 [Norm]
Alex: In the minutes last week, there was something about how we're going to evolve the steps. A registry for example.
14:19:11 [Norm]
...Separating the steps that we have from the language itself.
14:19:40 [alexmilowski]
"JF: Do we need some discussion before we make this more specific?
14:19:40 [alexmilowski]
AM: Yes, I think email discussion is needed"
14:19:43 [alexmilowski]
That's what we said...
14:19:57 [Norm]
Henry: I'm really quite interested in exploring of the idea of not having a separate spec but having a step registry
14:20:35 [Norm]
...Making it a little bit more like the IANA registry for media types. Make it possible to publish a document that documents a step and registers it.
14:21:02 [Norm]
Norm: Sure. The site and the wiki were kind of supposed to go that way but haven't been very successful.
14:21:29 [alexmilowski]
We'll keep our jobs forever ...
14:21:30 [Norm]
Henry: Successful or not, they don't have any normative force. We'd have to decide how much normative force we want them to have.
14:21:58 [Norm]
Murray: I'm wondering about if XProc wants to say anything in relation to micro XML.
14:22:10 [Norm]
Norm: Can you elaborate a little?
14:22:33 [Norm]
Murray: I think we might say that XProc can process micro XML.
14:22:43 [Norm]
Norm: I thought micro XML documents were XML 1.0 documents, but we could explicitly say it.
14:24:47 [Norm]
Alex: I'm goign to try to get my step categorization action item done, that would be something to review.
14:24:51 [Norm]
14:25:04 [Norm]
Topic: Any other business?
14:25:09 [Norm]
None heard.
14:25:30 [Norm]
14:25:32 [alexmilowski]
1.0 requirements/solutions use cases
14:25:33 [Norm]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:25:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Norm
14:25:34 [Zakim]
14:25:35 [Zakim]
14:25:36 [alexmilowski]
…not the categorizations
14:25:41 [Norm]
oops, sorry alex
14:25:45 [alexmilowski]
No problem
14:25:46 [Zakim]
14:25:48 [Zakim]
14:25:49 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()10:00AM has ended
14:25:49 [Zakim]
Attendees were Norm, alexmilowski, alex, +1.778.440.aaaa, Murray, +420.6.026.9.aabb, Jim
14:25:54 [Norm]
you were awfully faint :-)
14:26:03 [alexmilowski]
Yeah… Henry uses a headset
14:48:30 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
15:34:20 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc
16:30:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc
17:00:05 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc