IRC log of html-wg on 2012-10-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:02:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
16:02:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-html-wg-irc
16:02:36 [mjs]
is anyone signed up so scribe?
16:03:47 [rubys]
trackbot, start meeting
16:03:50 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:03:52 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
16:03:52 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
16:03:53 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
16:03:53 [trackbot]
Date: 18 October 2012
16:04:38 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #html-wg
16:04:38 [hober]
hober has joined #html-wg
16:05:13 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.aa]
16:05:16 [hober]
ScribeNick: hober
16:05:22 [hober]
Topic: Action items due by Thursday, October 18
16:05:26 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft.aa] is me
16:05:26 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
16:05:28 [hober]
ACTION-222?
16:05:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-222 -- Maciej Stachowiak to create a preference poll for the appcache mailing list -- due 2012-10-18 -- OPEN
16:05:28 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/222
16:05:53 [hober]
mjs: let this slide while working on getting plan 2014 adopted
16:06:08 [hober]
... plan is to have a private draft of the poll to the other chairs by eod today
16:06:28 [jaymunro]
zakim, [Microsoft.aaa] is me
16:06:32 [Zakim]
sorry, jaymunro, I do not recognize a party named '[Microsoft.aaa]'
16:06:33 [hober]
... if we do create a separate mailing list, it'll still require people to be a member of the wg in order to join
16:06:55 [MartinSoukup]
MartinSoukup has joined #html-wg
16:07:01 [hober]
... will send out an email today
16:07:32 [hober]
cwilso: i think it's well understood that people would have to be in the wg in order to join the list
16:07:33 [Zakim]
+Plh
16:07:52 [hober]
mjs: there was some confusion over this
16:08:17 [hober]
Zakim, Apple is me
16:08:17 [Zakim]
+hober; got it
16:08:19 [hober]
Topic: Decisions this week
16:08:25 [hober]
Plan 2014 decision: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/0105.html
16:08:43 [hober]
mjs: chairs declared consensus on plan 2014 with a few modifications
16:09:01 [hober]
... several objections were addressed without changing the substance of the decision
16:09:10 [hober]
... leaving html5 or html5.0 naming up to the editors
16:09:12 [Eliot]
zakim, microsoft.a has me
16:09:12 [Zakim]
+Eliot; got it
16:09:21 [Barbara]
zakim, aabb is me
16:09:21 [Zakim]
+Barbara; got it
16:09:36 [hober]
... we didn't want the plan to declare a specific name, leaving up to editors (with review by wg)
16:10:00 [hober]
... we agreed with the a11y tf's request to change "technical" to "substantive" in the section describing their work and deliverables
16:10:18 [hober]
... [gives aria example]
16:10:58 [hober]
... aspects of <hgroup> are widely implemented (parsing behavior, ua stylesheet)
16:11:11 [darobin]
darobin has joined #html-wg
16:11:13 [hober]
... clarified so that those portions aren't at risk
16:11:21 [jaymunro]
zakim, microsoft.a has Eliot and me
16:11:22 [Zakim]
Eliot was already listed in [Microsoft.a], jaymunro
16:11:22 [Zakim]
+jaymunro; got it
16:11:33 [edoyle]
edoyle has joined #html-wg
16:11:38 [hober]
... master branch for html5.1 is the master branch of the git repo
16:12:45 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
16:13:20 [hober]
mjs: we will soon mark issues postponed
16:13:29 [hober]
... the ones that can be addressed in extension specs
16:13:48 [hober]
... we've asked the editors to make another pass through the bugs before we move the existing bugs to a non-5.0 component
16:13:58 [hober]
... will only pull in specific bugs to 5.0 after that
16:14:16 [hober]
... wg members should help complete the list of at risk features
16:14:39 [hober]
... [task force work statement adjustments]
16:15:09 [hober]
daniel: how can i help?
16:15:39 [hober]
mjs: giving technical feedback; usually we start with a bug in bugzilla, but starting a thread on public-html also works
16:15:57 [rubys]
q+ to suggest http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing
16:15:57 [hober]
... watching the list and bugzilla for topics you're interested in
16:16:28 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
16:16:30 [hober]
rubys: the testing tf needs a lot of help
16:16:31 [plh]
q+
16:16:36 [hober]
ack rubys
16:16:36 [Zakim]
rubys, you wanted to suggest http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing
16:16:45 [hober]
mjs: testing is a key part of getting to rec
16:16:53 [mjs]
ack plh
16:17:24 [hober]
plh: since we're moving to cr by the end of the year, the next big step is figuring out what's implemented & working on testing
16:17:33 [plh]
q+
16:17:41 [plh]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/charter/2012/
16:17:49 [hober]
... i udpated the proposed charter based on plan 2014
16:18:05 [hober]
... the plan is for us to be rechartered before the end of the year
16:18:08 [ddorwin]
ddorwin has joined #html-wg
16:18:14 [ddorwin]
ddorwin has left #html-wg
16:18:20 [plh]
q-
16:18:26 [hober]
mjs: i encourage folks to look at & comment on the proposed charter
16:19:03 [hober]
Topic: Task Force Reports
16:19:33 [darobin]
darobin has joined #html-wg
16:19:36 [hober]
Topic: Accessibility Task Force
16:19:50 [hober]
janina: met this morning
16:20:06 [hober]
janina: continued discussing section 7.1 hidden=""
16:20:13 [adrianba]
kris sent an update on the testing task force to the list http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012OctDec/0007.html
16:20:14 [hober]
... that discussion has also been on list
16:20:30 [hober]
... see the tf minutes
16:21:03 [hober]
... fpwd from webapps of the shadow dom spec; could be relevant to tf work
16:21:30 [hober]
... will be organizing next steps now that plan 2014 has been adopted
16:22:08 [hober]
... continuing to look at the non-normative parts of 4.8 (what makes good alt text)
16:22:18 [hober]
... we will be requesting a meeting within a couple of days on that topic
16:22:49 [hober]
Topic: Media Task Force
16:22:55 [adrianba]
q+ to give an update
16:23:06 [mjs]
ack adrianba
16:23:06 [Zakim]
adrianba, you wanted to give an update
16:23:32 [hober]
adrianba: the tf has been continuing to meet, alternating between topics
16:24:01 [hober]
... trying to make sure that the bugs that are being filed are being triaged by the editors
16:24:15 [hober]
... aiming to get both of the specs into a good state before proposing fpwd
16:24:22 [hober]
... have asked for some time at tpac
16:24:53 [hober]
... by end of tpac meeting, the editors should know what work remains between then and fpwd
16:25:12 [hober]
... next meeting will be looking at the issues open on the media source extensions spec
16:25:55 [hober]
Topic: Testing Task Force
16:26:09 [hober]
plh: we spent last week's telcon talking about what we'll present at tpac
16:26:30 [hober]
... we have a very small number of approved tests
16:26:40 [hober]
... and a much larger number of tests that haven't been approved
16:27:01 [hober]
... we've received several submissions from mozilla and opera
16:27:19 [hober]
... some cross-origin tests, <track> tests
16:27:47 [hober]
Topic: Other Business
16:28:05 [hober]
mjs: CfC on heartbeat drafts
16:28:07 [hober]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/0065.html
16:28:22 [hober]
... CfC closes tomorrow; please comment on the list
16:28:48 [hober]
Topic: Scribe for next meeting
16:28:56 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
16:28:56 [gitbot]
[html] techtoons pushed 2 new commits to html5_canvas: https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/55ab542bc14b...262499c029d9
16:28:56 [gitbot]
[html/html5_canvas] Revert "removed features for issue-201" - Jay Munro
16:28:56 [gitbot]
[html/html5_canvas] Revert "add a closing comment where I think it belongs" - Jay Munro
16:28:56 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
16:29:08 [hober]
daniel: i can scribe
16:29:19 [hober]
mjs: thank you
16:29:21 [hober]
Topic: Adjournment
16:29:31 [Zakim]
-adrianba
16:29:32 [hober]
mjs: we are adjourned
16:29:32 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
16:29:33 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
16:29:35 [Zakim]
-cwilso
16:29:36 [Zakim]
- +1.626.379.aacc
16:29:38 [Zakim]
-cabanier
16:29:38 [Zakim]
-Plh
16:29:40 [Zakim]
-hober
16:29:40 [Zakim]
- +1.415.595.aaaa
16:29:41 [Zakim]
-??P5
16:29:42 [janina]
janina has left #html-wg
16:29:50 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
16:29:51 [hober]
RRSAgent: generate minutes
16:29:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-html-wg-minutes.html hober
16:30:37 [Zakim]
-Barbara
16:34:37 [Zakim]
-Radhika_Roy
16:34:55 [hober]
Chair: mjs
16:34:56 [hober]
RRSAgent: generate minutes
16:34:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-html-wg-minutes.html hober
16:37:46 [plh]
hober? do you know why img.src must reflect the content attribute of the same in HTML5?
16:37:59 [plh]
because, from what I know, this is not the case
16:38:42 [plh]
it returns the absolute url insteadf
16:47:21 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #html-wg
16:53:12 [Lauren]
Lauren has left #html-wg
16:59:15 [hober]
plh: how is that any different than <a href>?
16:59:58 [hober]
plh: "If a reflecting IDL attribute is a DOMString attribute whose content attribute is defined to contain a URL, then on getting, the IDL attribute must resolve the value of the content attribute relative to the element and return the resulting absolute URL if that was successful, or the empty string otherwise; and on setting, must set the content attribute to the specified literal value. If the content attribute is absent, the IDL
16:59:58 [hober]
attribute must return the default value, if the content attribute has one, or else the empty string."
17:00:07 [hober]
( from http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/common-dom-interfaces.html#reflect )
17:04:07 [plh]
hober, ah, that's the part I missed in spec
17:04:12 [plh]
thx
17:15:04 [Zakim]
-Sam
17:15:05 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
17:15:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were cabanier, Radhika_Roy, +1.415.595.aaaa, cwilso, [Microsoft], +49.322.110.8.aabb, +1.626.379.aacc, Sam, adrianba, Plh, hober, Eliot, Barbara, jaymunro, Cynthia_Shelly
18:02:07 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
18:02:07 [gitbot]
[html] techtoons pushed 1 new commit to html5_canvas: https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/394cf8dc1548e0a27fc04899650ce90fa77e4b05
18:02:07 [gitbot]
[html/html5_canvas] Revert "Removed TextMetrics feature" - Rik Cabanier
18:02:07 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
18:28:26 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
18:31:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-wg
18:46:30 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
19:27:43 [miketayl_r]
miketayl_r has joined #html-wg
19:29:49 [drublic]
drublic has joined #html-wg
19:33:10 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
20:16:21 [icaaq]
icaaq has joined #html-wg
20:50:41 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
20:50:41 [gitbot]
[html] techtoons pushed 1 new commit to html5_canvas: https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/07a50bfe56a0e0d602d60cb2f1941d32961072be
20:50:41 [gitbot]
[html/html5_canvas] Revert "Revert "Removed TextMetrics feature"" - Jay Munro
20:50:41 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
20:52:13 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
20:52:13 [gitbot]
[html] techtoons pushed 2 new commits to html5_canvas: https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/07a50bfe56a0...41a026288d0a
20:52:13 [gitbot]
[html/html5_canvas] Revert "Revert "add a closing comment where I think it belongs"" - Jay Munro
20:52:13 [gitbot]
[html/html5_canvas] Revert "Revert "removed features for issue-201"" - Jay Munro
20:52:13 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
21:06:48 [edoyle]
edoyle has joined #html-wg
21:38:18 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
21:38:18 [gitbot]
[html] techtoons pushed 1 new commit to html5_canvas: https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/27b3f4cbd9f54671ec68161ab328cf5451aa516b
21:38:18 [gitbot]
[html/html5_canvas] Put back features that are included in issue-201 - Jay Munro
21:38:18 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
21:45:51 [edoyle]
edoyle has joined #html-wg
21:57:12 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
21:57:12 [gitbot]
[html] techtoons pushed 1 new commit to html5_canvas: https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/7bd894be67fb2ee2e93dd7d2a6fa830734d0fc5f
21:57:12 [gitbot]
[html/html5_canvas] Re-applied ellipse per issue-201 - Jay Munro
21:57:12 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
21:58:59 [nonge]
nonge has joined #html-wg
22:00:14 [edoyle]
edoyle has joined #html-wg
22:19:28 [rubys]
rubys has joined #html-wg
22:27:54 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
22:27:54 [gitbot]
[html] techtoons pushed 1 new commit to html5_canvas: https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/54ed0345600bb855d8ca966c1262922b69af9f17
22:27:54 [gitbot]
[html/html5_canvas] Returned textmetrics per issue-201 - Jay Munro
22:27:54 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
22:29:33 [timeless]
timeless has joined #html-wg
22:30:07 [krijnh]
krijnh has joined #html-wg
22:31:57 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
22:58:00 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
23:04:06 [krijnh]
krijnh has joined #html-wg
23:29:31 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
23:35:03 [tantek]
tantek has joined #html-wg
23:38:05 [krijnh]
krijnh has joined #html-wg