IRC log of rd on 2012-10-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:23:45 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
13:23:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/10/17-rd-irc
13:23:47 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:23:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rd
13:23:49 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:23:49 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
13:23:50 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:23:50 [trackbot]
Date: 17 October 2012
13:23:57 [shawn]
Chair: Simon
13:24:00 [shawn]
agenda?
13:24:15 [shawn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:24:15 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has not yet started, shawn
13:24:16 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, shawn, Justin_Brown, nonge, trackbot
13:24:42 [shawn]
zakim, ok, good, just wanted to check that you're not confused like you were last week :)
13:24:42 [Zakim]
I'm glad that smiley is there, shawn
13:24:56 [shadi]
shadi has joined #rd
13:26:26 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:26:26 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has not yet started, shadi
13:26:27 [Zakim]
On IRC I see shadi, Zakim, RRSAgent, shawn, Justin_Brown, nonge, trackbot
13:26:56 [Justin_Brown]
me
13:27:14 [shadi]
zakim, this is rd
13:27:14 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
13:27:16 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:27:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IPcaller], [IPcaller.a]
13:27:24 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is Justin_Brown
13:27:24 [Zakim]
+Justin_Brown; got it
13:27:31 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller.a is me
13:27:31 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
13:27:32 [Luz]
Luz has joined #rd
13:27:44 [sharper]
sharper has joined #rd
13:27:56 [annika]
annika has joined #rd
13:28:09 [Zakim]
+Shawn
13:28:38 [sharper]
trackbot, start meeting
13:28:38 [sharper]
zakim, please clear the agenda
13:28:38 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
13:28:40 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:28:42 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:28:42 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
13:28:43 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:28:43 [trackbot]
Date: 17 October 2012
13:28:44 [sharper]
Chair: Harper_Simon
13:28:45 [sharper]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments) [sharper]
13:28:45 [sharper]
Agenda+ TC and E2R updates [shawn/klaus]
13:28:46 [sharper]
Agenda+ Next Topic Candidate - "User Modelling"
13:28:46 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/User_modelling (10m) [yehya/christos]
13:28:46 [sharper]
Agenda+ Next Topic Candidate - "Notifications and Interruptions" (10m)
13:28:47 [sharper]
[markku]
13:28:47 [sharper]
Agenda+ Next Topic Candidate - Any Others (10m) [all]
13:28:47 [sharper]
Agenda+ Mobile W3C Note Status (5m) [sharper]
13:28:48 [sharper]
Agenda+ Mobile Roadmap (10m) [sharper/all]
13:28:48 [sharper]
Agenda+ Metrics W3C Note Status (5m) [shadi]
13:28:48 [sharper]
Agenda+ Issues and Actions (Standing Item):
13:28:48 [sharper]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/ [sharper]
13:28:49 [sharper]
Agenda+ Any Other Business (Standing Item) [sharper]
13:28:51 [sharper]
zakim, save agenda
13:28:56 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 1
13:28:57 [Zakim]
ok, sharper, the agenda has been written to http://www.w3.org/2012/10/17-rd-agenda.rdf
13:28:59 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
13:29:11 [sharper]
Regrets: klaus, peter
13:29:36 [shadi]
zakim, this is rd
13:29:36 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
13:29:42 [christos]
christos has joined #rd
13:29:44 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:29:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Justin_Brown, shadi, Shawn, [IPcaller], ??P15
13:30:00 [vivienne]
vivienne has joined #rd
13:30:15 [annika]
zakim, ??P15 is annika
13:30:15 [Zakim]
+annika; got it
13:30:16 [Zakim]
+??P16
13:30:23 [Silvia]
Silvia has joined #rd
13:30:27 [christos]
zakim, ??P16 is me
13:30:27 [Zakim]
+christos; got it
13:30:30 [annika]
zakim, mute me
13:30:30 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
13:30:44 [christos]
zakim, mute me
13:30:44 [Zakim]
christos should now be muted
13:31:18 [Zakim]
+??P17
13:31:31 [markel]
markel has joined #rd
13:31:33 [Silvia]
zakim, ??P17 is me
13:31:33 [Zakim]
+Silvia; got it
13:31:51 [Silvia]
zakim, mute me
13:31:51 [Zakim]
Silvia should now be muted
13:32:08 [Zakim]
+??P18
13:32:17 [vivienne]
zakim, ??P18 is me
13:32:17 [Zakim]
+vivienne; got it
13:32:19 [shawn]
ack me
13:32:24 [Luz]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
13:32:24 [Zakim]
sorry, Luz, I do not recognize a party named '[IPcaller]'
13:32:44 [shadi]
zakim, shawn.a is really Luz
13:32:44 [Zakim]
sorry, shadi, I do not recognize a party named 'shawn.a'
13:32:54 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:32:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Justin_Brown, shadi, Shawn (muted), shawn, annika (muted), christos (muted), Silvia (muted), vivienne
13:33:03 [Zakim]
+ +1.609.734.aaaa
13:33:13 [shadi]
zakim, shawn is really Luz
13:33:13 [Zakim]
sorry, shadi, I do not recognize a party named 'shawn'
13:33:35 [shadi]
zakim, shawn is Luz
13:33:35 [Zakim]
sorry, shadi, I do not recognize a party named 'shawn'
13:34:02 [Zakim]
-Shawn
13:34:02 [Justin_Brown]
toodles
13:34:05 [shadi]
zakim, shawn is Luz
13:34:05 [Zakim]
+Luz; got it
13:34:12 [Luz]
Thank you!
13:34:32 [Zakim]
+Shawn
13:34:35 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen has joined #rd
13:34:36 [Zakim]
+??P20
13:34:39 [vivienne]
zakim, muteme
13:34:39 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'muteme', vivienne
13:34:54 [Luz]
zakim, mute me
13:34:54 [Zakim]
Luz should now be muted
13:34:56 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:34:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Justin_Brown, shadi, Luz (muted), annika (muted), christos (muted), Silvia (muted), vivienne, +1.609.734.aaaa, Shawn, ??P20
13:34:58 [markel]
zakim, ??P20 is markel
13:34:58 [Zakim]
+markel; got it
13:35:11 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:35:11 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
13:36:07 [mhakkinen]
zakim, aaaa is mhakkinen
13:36:07 [Zakim]
+mhakkinen; got it
13:36:49 [shadi]
scribe: Justin_Brown
13:38:07 [vivienne]
Justin, we get to give you a score out of 10 at the end of the meeting on your scribing!
13:38:16 [shawn]
Present: Justin_Brown, Shadi, Luz, Annika, Christos, Silvia, Vivienne, Markku Hakkinen, Shawn, Markel
13:38:23 [Justin_Brown]
you'd better give me a 10 - or else :)
13:38:32 [markel]
q+
13:39:04 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
13:39:04 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
13:39:08 [Justin_Brown]
markel: indicates simon will be late and to start without him
13:39:12 [shawn]
ack m
13:39:18 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
13:39:19 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments), closed
13:39:19 [Zakim]
I see 9 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:39:19 [Zakim]
2. TC and E2R updates [from shawn/klaus via sharper]
13:39:23 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:39:23 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "TC and E2R updates" taken up [from shawn/klaus]
13:39:41 [shawn]
ack me
13:41:07 [Justin_Brown]
shawn: TC and E2R updates - crafting the symposium itself - talked about no rehashing papers - setting goals - not a review of paper themselves - not authors to be asked questions - duration (perhaps longer than 2 hours) - looking for feedback
13:41:41 [shawn]
s/not authors to be asked questions/maybe not authors to be asked questions/
13:42:14 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: issues in the past - length of papers, perhaps go beyond 1000 words, and problems with html validity of html
13:42:51 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: lets go with any one you would like to discuss
13:43:14 [vivienne]
q+
13:43:18 [vivienne]
ack me
13:43:19 [annika]
+q
13:43:20 [shawn]
ack v
13:43:26 [Justin_Brown]
shawn: interested in input on running symposium itself - is it ok to not ask all authors questions or is the length long enough
13:43:55 [Justin_Brown]
vivienne: given authors have written a paper should they not be given an opp to answer questions?
13:45:00 [Justin_Brown]
shawn: shawn agrees - needs to be managed - perhaps let authors know ahead of time that they may not be able to answer questions - they can then choose not to participate if they do not want - some papers are on the same topics
13:45:35 [Justin_Brown]
shawn: maybe find at least one relevant question per paper from this group
13:45:36 [annika]
ack me
13:45:39 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:45:39 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
13:46:31 [Justin_Brown]
anika: another idea of how to involve the paper authors - ask everyone to read all the papers and to have questions to asks
13:46:39 [Justin_Brown]
shawn: thinks its an excellent idea
13:47:32 [shawn]
s/ask everyone to read all the papers and to have questions to asks/ask people to ask questions about papers related to theirs//
13:48:10 [Justin_Brown]
anika: correction - ask authors to write questions - can it be longer than 2 hours - perhaps it is too long to go beyond 2 hours unless there can be a break
13:48:18 [Justin_Brown]
shawn: perhaps a 10 minute break
13:48:21 [Luz]
Ten minutes should be fine.
13:48:24 [vivienne]
q+
13:48:26 [Justin_Brown]
anikea: 10 minutes ok
13:48:26 [annika]
zakim, mute me
13:48:26 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
13:48:29 [vivienne]
ack me
13:49:00 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:49:00 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
13:49:02 [Justin_Brown]
vivienne: if you are going to take a break - for anyone in the southern hemisphere they might leave during a break
13:49:07 [Justin_Brown]
shawn: shawn agreed
13:49:53 [Zakim]
+??P22
13:51:02 [Luz]
Good idea, Shadi :-)
13:51:03 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: shadi agrees with both anika and shawn, and that if a paper is not worth a question is it worth accepting in the first place - would like to play around to see if people would come back after a small break
13:51:33 [Justin_Brown]
shawn: if there is a specific sub-topic, it could be done after a break (after the main session)
13:51:39 [christos]
q+
13:51:40 [markel]
agree with SAZ
13:51:53 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: careful not to treat papers as secondary (or who comes first then second)
13:52:00 [sharper]
zakim, ??P22 is sharper
13:52:00 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
13:52:10 [christos]
ack me
13:52:56 [Justin_Brown]
christos: splitting the symposium over the break (essentially two sessions)
13:53:04 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:53:04 [Zakim]
vivienne was already muted, vivienne
13:53:06 [christos]
zakim, mute me
13:53:06 [Zakim]
christos should now be muted
13:54:41 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: discussed the quality of papers - how are people responding to your calls - two of the revised papers submitted - 4 more said they would be submitting (1 said too busy) - some position papers and some research papers
13:54:54 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: are people going beyond the 1000 word limit
13:55:32 [Justin_Brown]
shawn: at least one of the resubmitted papers said they had to go over 1000 words to address comments
13:55:57 [shawn]
q+ to ask html
13:56:02 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: concerned that papers not go too far beyond the 1000 word limit, not fair to others who stuck to limit
13:56:11 [shawn]
ack me
13:56:11 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to ask html
13:56:28 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: shadi concerned with quality of html - does not wish others to do the clean up
13:57:41 [Justin_Brown]
shawn: some html very good, some not so good - some authors know nothing about html - some even do word processor Save As approach - perhaps someone from this group could help them with their html
13:58:14 [shawn]
Justin: I could get students to assist with that
13:58:21 [shadi]
*wohooooo*
13:58:35 [Justin_Brown]
justin: offered student assistance with html
13:59:27 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: could simon record this as an issue after the symposium - perhaps provide a template for others
13:59:33 [sharper]
ISSUE: HTML templates after the e2r symposia
13:59:33 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-3 - HTML templates after the e2r symposia ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/issues/3/edit .
14:00:25 [sharper]
report from Klaus (in his absence)
14:00:26 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: no one here from easy to read - lets move on to next agenda item
14:00:26 [sharper]
1) We received 16 submissions + one in the wrong format which is bounced back by the system (not valid HTML). We asked to send a proper file but did not get it so far.
14:00:27 [sharper]
2) A frist screening showed that 15 are relevant for the topic; one seems to be a bid of topic. In any case we will have to decide how many papers we would like to include. Any recommendation from the group is welcome, even if we should run the the symposium with two dates.
14:00:27 [sharper]
3) Those who are involved in reviewing: Thanks and please remind the deadline (Friday 19)
14:00:27 [sharper]
14:00:55 [shawn]
[ Shawn agrees not to have two teleconferences for e2r]
14:00:55 [annika]
+q
14:01:04 [sharper]
ack a
14:01:06 [annika]
ack me
14:01:07 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
14:01:07 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
14:01:41 [Zakim]
-Silvia
14:01:52 [Justin_Brown]
anika: thinks it is unfair splitting the symposium over two calls - unfair on authors ending up in the second call
14:01:55 [annika]
zakim, mute me
14:01:55 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
14:02:05 [Justin_Brown]
simon: next topic
14:02:06 [shawn]
ack me
14:02:19 [Justin_Brown]
zakim, take up next
14:02:19 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Next Topic Candidate - "User Modelling"" taken up [from sharper]
14:02:22 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:02:45 [Silvia]
[IPCaller] is me
14:02:59 [Silvia]
had problems with skyèe
14:03:02 [Silvia]
skype
14:03:23 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/User_modelling
14:03:51 [christos]
ack me
14:04:04 [Justin_Brown]
simon: adds new topic of user_modelling, wants to have a longer conversation but yeya was not here - qhat do people think of this user modelling topic
14:04:19 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
14:04:19 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
14:04:53 [Silvia]
[IPCaller] is Sivlia
14:04:57 [Silvia]
[IPCaller] is Silvia
14:05:00 [shawn]
s/yeya/Yehya
14:05:44 [Silvia]
zakim, [IPCaller] is silvia
14:05:44 [Zakim]
+silvia; got it
14:06:46 [Justin_Brown]
christos: we are having a number of systems which are trying to model the user, many other solutions from e-learning domain - every kind of system that comes out has its own user model - there is a bit of a problem with combining different model - there is a need to see if a standard model can be designed to capture all the different user modelling needs and frameworks - other issues include ethical issues of security and privacy - users mode[CUT]
14:07:09 [sharper]
http://gpii.net/
14:07:13 [Justin_Brown]
christos: personal information which should not be exposed - this is what we want to discuss in the user modelling topic
14:07:45 [markel]
I'm happy with the topic
14:07:48 [Justin_Brown]
simon: other projects we can get input from - is it a good thing to be doing for the next symposium
14:08:08 [christos]
zakim, mute me
14:08:08 [Zakim]
christos should now be muted
14:08:11 [shawn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:08:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Justin_Brown, shadi, Luz (muted), annika (muted), christos (muted), vivienne (muted), mhakkinen, Shawn (muted), markel, sharper, silvia
14:08:12 [Silvia]
the topic is really interesting
14:08:35 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: very interesting topic, but 2 - 3 other topic candidates
14:09:18 [Justin_Brown]
simon: yes other candidates - just want to get some feedback on this topic before moving onto notifications and interruptions
14:10:01 [mhakkinen]
http://www.diagramcenter.org
14:10:04 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/User_modelling
14:10:30 [shawn]
mhakkinen is Markku (aka Mark)
14:10:40 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Smart_Images
14:11:47 [shawn]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:11:50 [Justin_Brown]
mhakkinen: describes smart images project - images that carry along with them in-built descriptive information about the image that can be read by accessibility tools
14:11:58 [Zakim]
shawn, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Justin_Brown (10%)
14:12:47 [Justin_Brown]
mhakkinen: would be a good topic for a symposium to see who is doing work in this area and to use it to get input into the w3c work - ie go beyond longdesc
14:13:13 [Justin_Brown]
simon: might other people from european projects get involved
14:13:22 [markel]
It comes to my mind the name of Leo Ferres and his papers of graph description
14:13:24 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Accessible_Maps
14:13:32 [markel]
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1368044.1368053
14:13:59 [markel]
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1296843.1296857
14:14:14 [Justin_Brown]
mhakkinen: will flesh out topic in wiki and happy to get other input
14:14:20 [markel]
q+
14:14:22 [shawn]
sounds interesting
14:14:25 [sharper]
ack m
14:14:31 [Justin_Brown]
simon: does anyone else have any input regarding this topic
14:15:04 [Justin_Brown]
markel: perhaps we could ask leo ferres to get involved
14:15:21 [Justin_Brown]
simon: if he is still working in the field we could ask him
14:15:32 [shawn]
ack me
14:15:45 [shawn]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:15:47 [shawn]
ack me
14:15:53 [Justin_Brown]
mhakkinen: once i have critical mass on the wiki will send a note out
14:15:55 [Zakim]
shawn, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Shawn (90%), Justin_Brown (5%), silvia (25%), sharper (9%)
14:16:12 [Silvia]
zakim, mute me
14:16:12 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
14:16:32 [Justin_Brown]
shawn: think it is a very interesting topic - our lead time is a few months - and accessible maps should be included
14:16:41 [Justin_Brown]
simon: anyone else wish to comment
14:16:43 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
14:16:43 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
14:17:17 [markel]
Enabling Access to Geo-referenced Information: Atlas.txt
14:17:26 [markel]
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1368044.1368066
14:18:25 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Accessible_Notifications
14:19:41 [Justin_Brown]
mhakkinen: the topic is accessible notification - consuming web content on multiple devices - manage interruptions from the devices - try shifting the burden of interruptions into the user agent itself - some existing literature - other domains deal wuith issue - 1) what can we do about managing interruptions - 2) how should notifications be authored, in terms of priorties and alerts - some work in US and Europe
14:19:54 [Justin_Brown]
mhakkinen: fleshing out the wiki on the topic
14:20:06 [shawn]
ack me
14:20:06 [Justin_Brown]
simon: does anyone wish to add something on this topic
14:20:52 [Justin_Brown]
shawn: really interesting - person pops to mind - hiroshi from japan
14:21:20 [Justin_Brown]
mhakkinen: works with hiroshi
14:21:30 [Justin_Brown]
simon: anyone else?
14:22:14 [vivienne]
q+
14:22:39 [sharper]
ack v
14:22:41 [vivienne]
ack mew
14:22:42 [Justin_Brown]
simon: asks mhakkinen to populate the topic and come back to these issues in a couple of weeks - perhaps place them in order - certainly the user modelling and maps/smart diagrams are good - the most far reaching is accessible alerts
14:22:45 [vivienne]
ack me
14:23:13 [Justin_Brown]
vivienne: missed the last couple of calls - are we close to looking at topics for january
14:23:56 [Justin_Brown]
simon: these will jabuary/february time - these will be topics from 5 onwards - based on if the charter gets renewed from June next year
14:24:42 [shawn]
Justin: Sylvia & I communicated by e-mail - just need to find the time to feed the wiki
14:24:42 [Justin_Brown]
vivienne: weren't we looking at something regarding e-learning
14:24:57 [Justin_Brown]
justin: sylvia and I will be working on it as soon as we can find time
14:25:07 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
14:25:07 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
14:25:18 [Justin_Brown]
simon: any more for this topic - time is moving on - will come back to this
14:25:41 [Justin_Brown]
zakim, take up nexy
14:25:41 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'take up nexy', Justin_Brown
14:25:50 [Justin_Brown]
zakim, take up next
14:25:50 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Next Topic Candidate - "Notifications and Interruptions" (10m)" taken up [from sharper]
14:26:05 [shawn]
zakim, close agendum 4
14:26:05 [Zakim]
agendum 4, Next Topic Candidate - "Notifications and Interruptions" (10m), closed
14:26:07 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:26:07 [Zakim]
5. Next Topic Candidate - Any Others (10m) [from all via sharper]
14:26:12 [shawn]
zakim, take up next
14:26:12 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Next Topic Candidate - Any Others (10m)" taken up [from all]
14:26:17 [shawn]
zakim, close agendum 5
14:26:17 [Zakim]
agendum 5, Next Topic Candidate - Any Others (10m), closed
14:26:18 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:26:18 [Zakim]
6. Mobile W3C Note Status (5m) [from sharper]
14:26:21 [shawn]
zakim, take up next
14:26:21 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Mobile W3C Note Status (5m)" taken up [from sharper]
14:26:31 [shawn]
zakim, close agendum 6
14:26:31 [Zakim]
agendum 6, Mobile W3C Note Status (5m), closed
14:26:32 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:26:32 [Zakim]
7. Mobile Roadmap (10m) [from sharper/all via sharper]
14:26:35 [shawn]
zakim, take up next
14:26:35 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Mobile Roadmap (10m)" taken up [from sharper/all]
14:27:13 [Justin_Brown]
simon: missing from note topic is roadmap - has been speaking with clayton lewis and others and will be interested in coming along to speak to us about mobile - judy brewer interested in discussing mobile roadmap - both this group and the experts from the field - any comments?
14:27:39 [markel]
sounds great to have experts coming
14:27:46 [Justin_Brown]
simon: will arrange for the future and have topic sorted soon
14:27:57 [Justin_Brown]
zakim, take up next
14:27:57 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Metrics W3C Note Status (5m)" taken up [from shadi]
14:28:04 [markel]
LOL
14:28:10 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: should be on holiday
14:28:50 [markel]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/conformance/comments-20120730
14:29:33 [Justin_Brown]
markel: editors agree on how they address the comments made against the papers - we are close to reaching agreement - next step is to accomplish changes and publish draft
14:29:58 [Justin_Brown]
simon: nice to see so many comments on the topic - were they sensible comments?
14:30:23 [shawn]
ack me
14:30:23 [Justin_Brown]
markel: some good comments, some out of scope - bit of everything but overall a good exercise
14:30:37 [Justin_Brown]
simon: any other business?
14:30:51 [Luz]
I ma
14:30:53 [Luz]
I am
14:30:55 [Luz]
yes~!
14:30:59 [Justin_Brown]
simon: will be at assets conference next week
14:31:07 [Justin_Brown]
simon: purchasing beers for all
14:31:49 [Justin_Brown]
shadi: we should meet next week - to continue the discussion on text customisation and easy to read and some potential topics for further input
14:32:06 [Justin_Brown]
simon: will re-do agena for next week
14:32:13 [Silvia]
ok
14:32:33 [vivienne]
bye now
14:32:35 [annika]
bye
14:32:37 [Zakim]
-vivienne
14:32:38 [christos]
goodbye...
14:32:38 [Zakim]
-mhakkinen
14:32:39 [Silvia]
bye
14:32:39 [Luz]
Bye bye!
14:32:40 [markel]
markel has left #rd
14:32:41 [Zakim]
-shadi
14:32:42 [Zakim]
-Shawn
14:32:42 [Zakim]
-sharper
14:32:44 [vivienne]
vivienne has left #rd
14:32:44 [Zakim]
-markel
14:32:48 [Zakim]
-christos
14:32:51 [Zakim]
-Luz
14:32:52 [Zakim]
-Justin_Brown
14:32:52 [Zakim]
-silvia
14:37:53 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, annika, in WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
14:37:54 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has ended
14:37:54 [Zakim]
Attendees were Justin_Brown, shadi, annika, christos, Silvia, vivienne, +1.609.734.aaaa, Luz, Shawn, markel, mhakkinen, sharper
14:38:15 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:38:15 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:38:15 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:38:23 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:38:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/10/17-rd-minutes.html trackbot
14:38:24 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:38:24 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items