IRC log of wai-wcag on 2012-10-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:56:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:56:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/10/11-wai-wcag-irc
19:56:39 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:56:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
19:56:41 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:56:41 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
19:56:42 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
19:56:42 [trackbot]
Date: 11 October 2012
20:00:19 [robin]
robin has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:20 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:33 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
20:00:40 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:01:08 [Zakim]
+Robin_Tuttle
20:01:13 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:01:18 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:01:19 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P3 is Michael_Cooper
20:01:19 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper; got it
20:03:41 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:45 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #WAI-WCAG
20:04:12 [Zakim]
+Kathy
20:04:48 [Zakim]
+mijordan
20:05:33 [greggvanderheiden]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20121011misc/results
20:05:52 [MichaelC]
zakim, mijordan is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:05:52 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick; got it
20:05:59 [kathy]
TOPIC: LC-2595 : Older Versions - Informing Users
20:06:17 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:06:27 [greggvanderheiden]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20121011misc/results
20:06:28 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
20:06:36 [greggvanderheiden]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20121011misc/results
20:06:54 [Zakim]
+Marc_Johlic
20:07:24 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #wai-wcag
20:17:02 [kathy]
scribe: Kathy
20:17:38 [kathy]
TOPIC: LC-2595 : Older Versions - Informing Users
20:21:52 [kathy]
RESOLUTION: We cannot block pages for historical reasons. Add banner to the top of the superseded documents with warning message and link to the current document.
20:22:24 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to add a banner to old WCAG documents pointing to latest versions
20:22:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-185 - Add a banner to old WCAG documents pointing to latest versions [on Michael Cooper - due 2012-10-18].
20:22:58 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to add a link to techniques and understanding, probably in footer, that points to latest version of that page
20:22:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-186 - Add a link to techniques and understanding, probably in footer, that points to latest version of that page [on Michael Cooper - due 2012-10-18].
20:23:21 [kathy]
TOPIC: LC-2611 : floated lists (e.g. horizontal menus) not covered in test of H48
20:23:22 [MichaelC]
action-185: see comment LC-2595 https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20120103/2595
20:23:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-185 Add a banner to old WCAG documents pointing to latest versions notes added
20:23:30 [MichaelC]
action-186: see comment LC-2595 https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20120103/2595
20:23:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-186 Add a link to techniques and understanding, probably in footer, that points to latest version of that page notes added
20:23:41 [kathy]
RESOLUTION: Accept as proposed
20:23:54 [kathy]
TOPIC: LC-2704 : H91: Example incorrect
20:24:53 [MichaelC]
action-185: see https://www.w3.org/Team/wiki/Indicating_new_versions
20:24:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-185 Add a banner to old WCAG documents pointing to latest versions notes added
20:24:54 [kathy]
RESOLUTION: Accept as proposed
20:25:02 [kathy]
TOPIC: WCAG2ICT proposal: user controllable
20:25:19 [MichaelC]
zakim, unmute bruce
20:25:19 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should no longer be muted
20:29:16 [MichaelC]
zakim, mute bruce
20:29:16 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should now be muted
20:29:40 [kathy]
RESOLUTION: accepted as amended
20:29:58 [kathy]
TOPIC: 2.4.2 Page or Web App Names are Sufficient Titles
20:31:00 [Ryladog]
q+
20:33:17 [Loretta]
q+
20:33:59 [Loretta]
ack r
20:42:07 [Loretta]
ack me
20:52:56 [kathy]
RESOLUTION: need to take this back and think about this in relation to 2.4.9. Gregg will put this in a WIKI page and we will discuss this next week.\
20:53:47 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:54:31 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:54:32 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:54:32 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:54:33 [Zakim]
-Marc_Johlic
20:54:34 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
20:54:35 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:54:35 [Zakim]
-Kathy
21:01:09 [Zakim]
-Robin_Tuttle
21:01:11 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
21:01:11 [Zakim]
Attendees were Bruce_Bailey, Robin_Tuttle, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Kathy, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Marc_Johlic
21:51:36 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
22:31:42 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:32:03 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2012OctDec/0010.html
22:32:07 [MichaelC]
regrets: Moe_Kraft
22:32:24 [MichaelC]
scribe: kathy
22:32:29 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
22:32:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/10/11-wai-wcag-minutes.html MichaelC
23:02:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag