W3C

- DRAFT -

Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

11 Oct 2012

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Andreas, mmartin3, pal, +1.408.771.aaaa, mijordan, +1.212.664.aabb, tbause, Plh
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
mmartin3

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 11 October 2012

<scribe> Agenda: our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change. Please check http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=11&year=2012&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=43 Thursdays 15:00-15:00 UTC (10:00am-11:00am Boston local) Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML") IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Agenda is here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Oct/0023.html

Regrets Michael Dolan

Regrets Sean Hayes

Agenda is http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Oct/0023.html

Chair Everyone

scribe mmartin3

Issues and questions

Text outline doesn't handle different types of character edge.

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10-sdp-us/Overview.html

R0037 The user must be able to specify the rendering of character edge types of: none, raised, depressed, uniform or drop shadowed edges.

mmartin3: Explains issues and cites Glenn's concerns.

mijordan: Add to future features is the right approach.

mmartin3: SMPTE liaison statement asks this be considered for a future version.

Issue mmartin3 Textoutline doesn't handle specific edge types outlined in R0037. Need to revise requirement and specify in Future Needs sections.

Issue: Textoutline doesn't handle specific edge types outlined in R0037. Need to revise requirement and specify in Future Needs sections.

<trackbot> Created ISSUE-191 - Textoutline doesn't handle specific edge types outlined in R0037. Need to revise requirement and specify in Future Needs sections. ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/191/edit .

EBU comment

Do we need to limit chars per line to target particular devices to adhere to FCC requirements for screen windows?

R0041

At most 32 characters must be present in any displayed text line.

mmartin3: Explains issues.
... Compatibility to EBU-TT.

andreas: We couldn't find a workaround.
... Teletext too.
... Manual conversion

mmartin3: Does making this a should address your concern?

andreas: Difficult for EBU-TT.
... OK, for a should.

Issue: R0041 doesn't allow for EBT-TT conversion easily. Revise R0041 to a SHOULD.

<trackbot> Created ISSUE-192 - R0041 doesn't allow for EBT-TT conversion easily. Revise R0041 to a SHOULD. ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/192/edit .

pal: What about the safe region in CEA-708D.

mmartin3: This is part of this question.
... We could put text that speaks to root container for regions?

c/pal/mijordan

scribe: TTML allows for inside and possibly invisible text. Relates to Issue-180 and Actions 104, 105.

<mijordan> from FCC 00-259 page 34: "(j) Pen Size. Decoders must support the standard, large, and small pen sizes and must allow the caption provider to choose a pen size and allow the viewer to choose an alternative size. The STANDARD pen size should be implemented such that the height of the tallest character in any implemented font is no taller than 1/15 of the height of the safe-title area, and the width of the widest character is no wider than 1/32 of the width of t

<mijordan> f the safe-title area for 4:3 displays and 1/42 of the safe-title area width for 16:9 displays. The LARGE pen size should be implemented such that the width of the widest character in any implemented font is no wider than 1/32 of the safe-title area for 16:9 displays. This recommendation allows for captions to grow to a LARGE pen size without having to reformat the caption since no caption will have more than 32 characters per row." [it appears the FCC left ou

np

mijordan: Accounts for decoder and the authored content.
... Make sure that we have constraints to support maximum compatibility with different players.
... Few folks are doing captions using 1/42.
... mijordan and mmartin3 will work on a proposal

<scribe> ACTION: mmartin3 mijordan Create a proposal for Issue-191. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/11-tt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-115 - Mijordan Create a proposal for Issue-191. [on Monica Martin - due 2012-10-18].

<scribe> ACTION: mmartin3 mijordan work on a proposal for Issue-192. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/11-tt-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-116 - Mijordan work on a proposal for Issue-192. [on Monica Martin - due 2012-10-18].

c/chair/plh

<plh> issue-182?

<trackbot> ISSUE-182 -- Allow more than one profile to be used in the SDP-US. Add use of ttp:profile element. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/182

Issue-182?

<trackbot> ISSUE-182 -- Allow more than one profile to be used in the SDP-US. Add use of ttp:profile element. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/182

<plh> Monica: this relates to issue 183 as well

<plh> ... comments on what the profile was for

Proposal in issue http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/182

<plh> [[

<plh> 1. Language in Section 1 that indicates use of other profiles is not precluded; retain URI requirement for this profile.

<plh> 2. The profile element to the list of elements in R0007, Section 5.2.2.

<plh> 3. Language in Section 5.4.2 that articulates how multiple profile elements may exist.

<plh> ]]

scribe: Relates to Issue-183

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Oct/0020.html

Proposal from Mike Dolan

<plh> Monica: proposal is pretty good

<plh> ... it concentrates on doc conformance rather processor constraints

Leave open Issue-182 until we have resolved Issue-183.

<plh> action-98?

<trackbot> ACTION-98 -- Monica Martin to revise proposal Section 7.1.1 on Active Regions -- due 2012-09-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/98

<plh> close action-98

<trackbot> ACTION-98 Revise proposal Section 7.1.1 on Active Regions closed

<plh> action-94?

<trackbot> ACTION-94 -- Sean Hayes to do revisions to proposal for Issue 179. -- due 2012-09-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/94

<plh> action-95?

<trackbot> ACTION-95 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to report on status of media type registration -- due 2012-10-04 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/95

plh: Sent request.
... Report on Oct 15.

Action-111?

<trackbot> ACTION-111 -- Mike Dolan to proposal to close Issue-183 - identify revisions in TTML 1.0 SE. -- due 2012-10-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/111

<plh> close action-111

<trackbot> ACTION-111 Proposal to close Issue-183 - identify revisions in TTML 1.0 SE. closed

Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Oct/0020.html

Action-109?

<trackbot> ACTION-109 -- Mike Dolan to provide examples for TTML 1.0 SE. -- due 2012-10-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/109

Issue-189 Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Oct/0021.html

<plh> issue-188?

<trackbot> ISSUE-188 -- Bounding SDP-US rendering complexity -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/188

Issue-188?

<trackbot> ISSUE-188 -- Bounding SDP-US rendering complexity -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/188
...pal: Excellent feedback.

mmartin3: Hope to close Oct 15.

<plh> issue-190?

<trackbot> ISSUE-190 -- Background vs Window Color -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/190

Courtney: Can close Issue-190. Read TTML, profile. Close?

plh: Leave open for Sean to create an example.

mmartin3: Use and revise TTML 1.0 examples.

Leave open.

Meetings

Meetings

plh: Extend meeting or have a second.

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: mmartin3 mijordan Create a proposal for Issue-191. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/11-tt-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: mmartin3 mijordan work on a proposal for Issue-192. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/11-tt-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/10/11 14:51:36 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: mmartin3
Inferring Scribes: mmartin3

WARNING: Replacing list of attendees.
Old list: Andreas mmartin3 pal +1.408.771.aaaa Andrew_Kirkpatrick
New list: Andreas mmartin3 pal +1.408.771.aaaa mijordan

Default Present: Andreas, mmartin3, pal, +1.408.771.aaaa, mijordan, +1.212.664.aabb, tbause, Plh
Present: Andreas mmartin3 pal +1.408.771.aaaa mijordan +1.212.664.aabb tbause Plh

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 11 Oct 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/10/11-tt-minutes.html
People with action items: mmartin3

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]