IRC log of rd on 2012-09-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:28:32 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
13:28:32 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/09/26-rd-irc
13:28:34 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:28:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rd
13:28:36 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:28:36 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
13:28:37 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:28:37 [trackbot]
Date: 26 September 2012
13:28:49 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:28:49 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has not yet started, shadi
13:28:50 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, shawn, Luz, klaus, Justin_Brown, Mate, nonge__, shadi, trackbot
13:28:56 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
13:28:56 [Zakim]
rdwg matches both WAI_RDWG()9:30AM and WAI_RDWG()9:30AM, shadi
13:29:21 [silvia_]
silvia_ has joined #rd
13:29:42 [markel]
markel has joined #rd
13:29:57 [Kerstin]
Kerstin has joined #rd
13:30:01 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:30:01 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has not yet started, shadi
13:30:02 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Kerstin, markel, silvia_, Zakim, RRSAgent, shawn, Luz, klaus, Justin_Brown, Mate, nonge__, shadi, trackbot
13:30:17 [shadi]
zakim, this is RDWG
13:30:17 [Zakim]
RDWG matches both WAI_RDWG()9:30AM and WAI_RDWG()9:30AM, shadi
13:30:32 [shadi]
zakim, this is 7394
13:30:32 [Zakim]
7394 matches both WAI_RDWG()9:30AM and WAI_RDWG()9:30AM, shadi
13:30:42 [shawn]
zakim, this is WAI_RDWG
13:30:42 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG matches both WAI_RDWG()9:30AM and WAI_RDWG()9:30AM, shawn
13:30:45 [shadi]
zakim, this is WAI_RDWG
13:30:45 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG matches both WAI_RDWG()9:30AM and WAI_RDWG()9:30AM, shadi
13:31:19 [Yehya]
Yehya has joined #rd
13:31:33 [christos]
christos has joined #rd
13:33:26 [Yehya]
Yehya has joined #rd
13:33:33 [yeliz]
yeliz has joined #rd
13:33:49 [shadi]
scribe: klaus
13:34:00 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
13:34:00 [Zakim]
sorry, klaus, I don't know what conference this is
13:34:06 [vivienne]
vivienne has joined #rd
13:35:13 [shadi]
Agenda+ Metrics W3C Note Status (5m)
13:35:13 [shadi]
Agenda+ Next Topic Discussions (10m)
13:35:13 [shadi]
Agenda+ CfP Simplified Format http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/CfP_Email_Boilerplate (15m) [peter/sharper]
13:35:13 [shadi]
Agenda+ Alternative Conference Publishing Venues http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Alternative_Conference_Publishing_Venues
13:35:13 [shadi]
(15m)
13:35:15 [shadi]
Agenda+ Issues and Actions (Standing Item): https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/
13:35:17 [shadi]
Agenda+ Any Other Business (Standing Item)
13:35:30 [Kerstin]
Hi colleagues. Again I have problems to dial in the teleconference. I'll try again ...
13:35:34 [silvia_]
zakim, mute me
13:35:34 [Zakim]
sorry, silvia_, I don't know what conference this is
13:35:40 [shadi]
61#
13:35:43 [shadi]
60#
13:36:05 [shawn]
to mute: 61# to unmute: 60#
13:36:14 [Luz]
61#
13:36:29 [silvia_]
61#
13:36:35 [klaus]
Shadi: additional item: status of symposia
13:36:37 [shadi]
agenda+ Status Check on current Symposia
13:37:08 [silvia_]
thank you, shadi!
13:37:09 [vivienne]
61#
13:37:32 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
13:37:32 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Metrics W3C Note Status (5m)" taken up [from shadi]
13:38:40 [klaus]
Reminder to be sent out for commenting
13:38:54 [shawn]
q+ to say need to communicate this is the only review period?
13:39:01 [markel]
q+
13:39:04 [shawn]
ack me
13:39:04 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to say need to communicate this is the only review period?
13:39:36 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/accessibility-metrics-report/
13:40:24 [shawn]
+1 to markel
13:40:41 [shawn]
[ also people wait until deadline :-]
13:42:23 [yeliz]
Are we expecting a lot of comments?
13:42:26 [shawn]
saz: strong coorlation between how much work goes into soliciting review, and how many comments we get in
13:42:28 [klaus]
Shadi: People tend to wait to deadline; not communicated that this is the last opportunity, did we reach the groups? More efforts needed to get comments. Timing is also taff (vacation)
13:43:11 [klaus]
Shadi: 2 weeks extension for commenting, Reminding needed.
13:43:37 [yeliz]
I also think there won't be many comments
13:43:40 [klaus]
Shadi: We should have more than two commenters
13:43:45 [yeliz]
As it is research note
13:44:15 [klaus]
Shadi: it is also a question of the type of comment (quality)
13:44:31 [shawn]
q+ to suggest: 1 or 2 weeks extension. communicate last chance! RDWG solicit feedback from specific people.
13:44:35 [shawn]
ack mark
13:44:35 [klaus]
Shadi: Also the group members should comment. The more discussion the better the quality
13:44:39 [shawn]
ack me
13:44:39 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to suggest: 1 or 2 weeks extension. communicate last chance! RDWG solicit feedback from specific people.
13:45:15 [markel]
q+
13:45:22 [yeliz]
Good idea
13:45:23 [yeliz]
+1
13:45:41 [klaus]
Markel: How does this extension overlap with other activities?
13:46:05 [klaus]
e2r deadling Oct. 12
13:46:22 [markel]
I would delay 1 week at most
13:46:30 [yeliz]
+1
13:46:31 [Kerstin]
Question: How many submissions have been done? What will an extension mean regarding the remaining period till the symposium?
13:46:31 [Yehya]
+1
13:46:31 [klaus]
Shadi: one week extension?
13:46:33 [silvia_]
I agree: 1 week
13:46:33 [vivienne]
okay with 1 week
13:46:38 [klaus]
+1
13:46:39 [christos]
+1
13:46:40 [Justin_Brown]
ok
13:47:11 [klaus]
Shadi: Are members willing to forward to experts in metrics and evaluation? Individual messages.
13:47:20 [markel]
q+
13:47:24 [vivienne]
I'm willing to circulate to individuals
13:47:48 [klaus]
Markel: Some people in mind.
13:48:04 [silvia_]
I've got a couple of people in mind, and I'm going to contact them
13:48:33 [klaus]
I will also contact some people (eAccess+)
13:48:57 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Distribution_Lists
13:49:27 [klaus]
Markel: Is it usual to postpone?
13:49:53 [Kerstin]
uups.
13:49:58 [klaus]
Shadi: If group agrees, this is quite usual. Depends if group is happy with the quality.
13:50:28 [klaus]
Shadi: But must not be endless!
13:50:46 [shawn]
s/ this is quite usual. / this is quite usual. need to get well vetted /
13:51:19 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 7
13:51:19 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Status Check on current Symposia" taken up [from shadi]
13:51:49 [klaus]
Shadi: TC closed submission
13:51:54 [RalphS]
RalphS has joined #rd
13:52:04 [shadi]
zakim, this is RDWG
13:52:04 [Zakim]
RDWG matches both WAI_RDWG()9:30AM and WAI_RDWG()9:30AM, shadi
13:52:05 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen has joined #rd
13:52:11 [markel]
12 submissions is still a good number!
13:52:25 [klaus]
Shawn: 12 submissions, only those which were expected, in process of assigning.
13:53:21 [klaus]
Shawn: Position papers were submitted - reviewers should take care what kind of paper it is.
13:53:56 [shadi]
http://www.openconf.com/demo/openconf5/review/review.php?pid=1
13:54:31 [yeliz]
as far as I know
13:54:33 [yeliz]
ye
13:54:34 [yeliz]
s
13:54:44 [klaus]
Shadi: Can questions be changed?
13:55:11 [yeliz]
q+
13:55:20 [shawn]
ack y
13:55:35 [markel]
q-
13:55:50 [klaus]
Yeliz: Not in the configuration - you have to contact open conf people
13:55:58 [shawn]
s/only those which were expected/not some that were expected/
13:56:06 [klaus]
Shadi: This is not a full version - local copy
13:58:13 [markel]
The review form is the traditional one
13:59:01 [markel]
q+
13:59:02 [klaus]
Shadi: Guidance is sent sepperatly to reviewers. There are criteria but not a lot - main guidance to come from symposium chairs.
13:59:13 [RalphS]
RalphS has left #rd
13:59:27 [klaus]
Yeliz: Simon knows openconf very well.
14:00:16 [klaus]
Markel: There must be a higher profiling opportunity allowing to define questions, criteria, ....
14:00:52 [shadi]
http://www.openconf.com/demo/openconf5/chair/index.php?
14:01:58 [klaus]
Shadi: We did use it for the last time with the same questions.
14:03:30 [klaus]
Shadi: for next two symposia we have it to run it this way.
14:03:53 [klaus]
Klaus: With this number of submissions it should be o.k.
14:04:07 [markel]
they are very fast responding
14:04:42 [klaus]
Shawn: TC deadline for reviewing next week
14:04:58 [shawn]
ACTION: Shadi/Simon - OpenConf - figure out how to customize the review questions
14:04:58 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Shadi/Simon
14:05:10 [klaus]
Shawn: Comments should go into the text fields.
14:05:13 [shawn]
ACTION: Shadi & Simon - OpenConf - figure out how to customize the review questions
14:05:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-31 - & Simon - OpenConf - figure out how to customize the review questions [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2012-10-03].
14:05:38 [klaus]
Shadi looks for the magic solution (-: "ask Simon")
14:05:51 [yeliz]
:)
14:06:40 [klaus]
Shadi: Reviewers should sign up alread now for e2r
14:06:42 [shawn]
[ impressed that most reviewers signup in 12 hours! :-)
14:09:19 [shadi]
Topic: Role Call
14:09:53 [yeliz]
[Shawn: that shows that you have excellent reviewers, you are lucky:))]
14:10:02 [shadi]
previous seminars: http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/#publications
14:10:07 [shawn]
[ on IRC is: christos, Justin_Brown, Kerstin, klaus, Luz, markel, Mate, mhakkinen, nonge_, shadi, shawn, sylvia_, vivienne, Yehya, yeliz]
14:10:36 [klaus]
Marco Hakkinen (sorry for spelling): First chair for the effort, they ran 2 symposia, Currently at Princton, Focus at accessibilty and AT; focus on touch, haptic ...; ITS (educational testing service)
14:10:50 [shadi]
s/Marco/Markku
14:11:25 [shadi]
s/ITS/ETS
14:13:06 [Luz]
60#
14:13:31 [Luz]
61#
14:16:04 [vivienne]
I couldn't hear you ask me for my input over the background noise
14:16:29 [shadi]
[[countries on the call today: Greece, Australia, Austria, Spain, UK, US, Italy, Germany, Cyprus]]
14:16:42 [Justin_Brown]
we do
14:16:46 [markel]
LOL
14:16:48 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=47076&public=1
14:16:51 [klaus]
we in the zoo
14:17:07 [vivienne]
doesn't count Klaus
14:17:13 [klaus]
sh...
14:17:15 [Justin_Brown]
we eat ours :)
14:17:17 [yeliz]
:)
14:17:37 [vivienne]
don't we ride them to work?
14:17:52 [shawn]
agenda?
14:17:59 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
14:18:00 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Next Topic Discussions (10m)" taken up [from shadi]
14:18:07 [shawn]
agenda+ mobile note status
14:18:46 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/
14:19:28 [yeliz]
Unfortunately, I have to go now, Talk to you next week....
14:19:41 [klaus]
Shadi: Next topic early next year - to be selected now. Please add to the wiki. Brush up existing topics. We need a structured discussion on deciding for the next: Up to Simon.
14:20:12 [klaus]
Shadi: Please volunteer and write to the email-list why
14:20:24 [klaus]
Shadi: The earlier the better
14:21:04 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
14:21:04 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "CfP Simplified Format http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/CfP_Email_Boilerplate (15m)" taken up [from peter/sharper via shadi]
14:21:49 [klaus]
Shadi: Simplified format for Cfp - should help to automate and allow focus on content.
14:22:47 [shawn]
yes, helpful
14:23:19 [klaus]
Klaus: this is really helpful!
14:24:21 [markel]
yeliz is !
14:24:28 [klaus]
Shadi: We are behind on notes for mobile topic.
14:24:29 [shawn]
q+ to ask about phone
14:24:33 [markel]
q-
14:24:38 [shawn]
ack me
14:24:38 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to ask about phone
14:25:00 [klaus]
Shawn: Alternate phone connection?
14:25:06 [klaus]
Shadi: yes
14:25:38 [markel]
bye all!
14:25:39 [vivienne]
bye all
14:25:39 [Luz]
See you!
14:25:41 [klaus]
Thanks and bye
14:25:41 [christos]
goodbye
14:25:42 [vivienne]
vivienne has left #rd
14:25:42 [silvia_]
bye all!
14:25:42 [Justin_Brown]
cya
14:26:11 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:26:11 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:26:11 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:26:19 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:26:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/26-rd-minutes.html trackbot
14:26:20 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:26:20 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/26-rd-actions.rdf :
14:26:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi/Simon - OpenConf - figure out how to customize the review questions [1]
14:26:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/26-rd-irc#T14-04-58
14:26:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi & Simon - OpenConf - figure out how to customize the review questions [2]
14:26:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/26-rd-irc#T14-05-13