IRC log of dap on 2012-09-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:09:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:09:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/09/26-dap-irc
13:09:10 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:09:10 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:09:12 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:09:12 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 51 minutes
13:09:13 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
13:09:13 [trackbot]
Date: 26 September 2012
13:09:50 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0130.html
13:10:19 [fjh]
Regrets+ Josh_Soref
13:10:44 [fjh]
Topic: Administrative, announcements
13:12:10 [fjh]
fjh: Correction to cancelations noted on 12 Sept resolution: 7 Nov and 21 Nov canceled. Updated upcoming meeting schedule at http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/minutes.html#upcoming-teleconferences
13:51:10 [ccourtney]
ccourtney has joined #dap
13:51:19 [ccourtney]
Present+ Colin_Courtney
13:52:08 [fjh]
Regrets+ Milan_Patel
13:52:27 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick_Hirsch
13:52:36 [fjh]
Present+ Frederick_Hirsch
13:53:13 [fjh]
ScribeNick: fjh
13:53:59 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:54:06 [Zakim]
+ccourtney
13:57:28 [Zakim]
+??P17
13:57:37 [fjh]
zakim, ??P17 is me
13:57:37 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
13:57:45 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:57:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ccourtney, fjh
13:57:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ccourtney, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, AlexanderSalas, darobin, richt, hiroto_away, glenn, slightlyoff, tobie, Josh_Soref, mounir, trackbot, dom
13:58:21 [gmandyam]
gmandyam has joined #dap
13:58:51 [Zakim]
+gmandyam
13:59:34 [gmandyam]
Hello from Giri Mandyam (QuIC) - joining from (858) area code
14:00:05 [Jungkee]
Jungkee has joined #dap
14:00:24 [Jungkee]
Present+ Jungkee_Song
14:01:57 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
14:02:13 [Zakim]
+??P3
14:02:38 [fjh]
zakim, ??P3 is Jungkee
14:02:38 [Zakim]
+Jungkee; got it
14:02:38 [Jungkee]
Zakim, ??P3 is me
14:02:39 [Zakim]
I already had ??P3 as Jungkee, Jungkee
14:02:54 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ccourtney, fjh, gmandyam, Jungkee
14:02:56 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Claes, Jungkee, gmandyam, ccourtney, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, AlexanderSalas, darobin, richt, hiroto_away, glenn, slightlyoff, tobie, Josh_Soref, mounir, trackbot, dom
14:03:47 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.01.aaaa - is perhaps Claes?
14:04:05 [fjh]
zakim, aaaa is claes
14:04:05 [Zakim]
sorry, fjh, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
14:04:12 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:04:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ccourtney, fjh, gmandyam, Jungkee, Claes?
14:04:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Claes, Jungkee, gmandyam, ccourtney, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, AlexanderSalas, darobin, richt, hiroto_away, glenn, slightlyoff, tobie, Josh_Soref, mounir, trackbot, dom
14:04:22 [fjh]
zakim, Claes? is Claes
14:04:22 [Zakim]
+Claes; got it
14:05:00 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:06:28 [fjh]
fjh: One agenda addition - shelving calendar
14:06:40 [nwidell]
nwidell has joined #dap
14:06:49 [fjh]
Topic: Minutes approval
14:07:01 [fjh]
Approve 12 Sept 2012 minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/att-0090/minutes-2012-09-12.html
14:07:09 [fjh]
Approve 19 Sept 2012 minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/att-0096/minutes-2012-09-19.html
14:07:16 [fjh]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 12 and 19 Sept 2012 are approved
14:07:27 [Zakim]
+nwidell
14:07:29 [fjh]
Topic: HTML Media Capture Last Call comments
14:07:30 [dtran]
dtran has joined #dap
14:07:35 [dtran]
Present+ Dzung_Tran
14:07:39 [fjh]
LC-2635 and LC-2636 resolved. See https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/43696/WD-html-media-capture-20120712/doc/
14:07:50 [fjh]
However edit to add reference to clarify "implicit consent" would be helpful: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0122.html
14:08:13 [fjh]
action: anssi to add reference to clarify "implicit consent" in HTML Media Capture, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0122.html
14:08:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-579 - Add reference to clarify "implicit consent" in HTML Media Capture, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0122.html [on Anssi Kostiainen - due 2012-10-03].
14:08:22 [fjh]
fjh: Continue other comment review on list
14:08:31 [fjh]
Topic: Pick Contacts Intent
14:08:40 [fjh]
Need for search use case discussion - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0119.html
14:08:41 [Jungkee]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0124.html
14:08:45 [Zakim]
+??P14
14:08:51 [Cathy]
zakim, ??P14 is me
14:08:51 [Zakim]
+Cathy; got it
14:09:18 [fjh]
jungkee: bryan provided a use case I did not have
14:09:45 [fjh]
jungkee: service provider could provide customized UI based on user name or user id given by client side
14:09:54 [fjh]
jungkee: this is a useful use case
14:10:08 [gmandyam]
+q
14:10:17 [fjh]
... so we may wish to keep this optional dictionary until we are sure it is really necessary
14:10:25 [fjh]
ack gmandyam
14:11:05 [fjh]
gmandyam: not clear from mail chain why there is an objection to search for contacts ; seems different than pick media
14:11:07 [Zakim]
-Cathy
14:11:19 [fjh]
... is everyone convinced that this isn't needed
14:11:39 [fjh]
jungkee: did not have a compelling use case before
14:11:43 [fjh]
fjh: wanted to make it simpler
14:12:02 [fjh]
jungkee: service provider could provide a UI for consistency
14:12:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.266.aabb
14:12:18 [nwidell]
Present+ Niklas_Widell
14:12:18 [Cathy]
zakim, aabb is me
14:12:18 [Zakim]
+Cathy; got it
14:12:48 [fjh]
gmandyman: not sure why this didn't also apply to pick medai
14:12:53 [fjh]
s/medai/media
14:12:55 [Zakim]
-Cathy
14:13:01 [fjh]
s/medai/media/
14:13:03 [Claes]
Present+ Claes_Nilsson
14:13:28 [Zakim]
+Cathy
14:13:31 [fjh]
jungkee: pick media and pick contact should be similar
14:13:54 [fjh]
... both are based on WebIntents
14:15:21 [fjh]
jungkee: can we extent call for consensus
14:15:27 [fjh]
fjh: yes, of course, will do that
14:15:35 [fjh]
action: fjh to extent CfC
14:15:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-580 - Extent CfC [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-10-03].
14:16:04 [fjh]
Topic: Discovery API
14:16:11 [fjh]
A new version of the Networking and Service Discovery & Messaging specification is now available as an ED update, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0128.html
14:16:27 [fjh]
fjh: this new version should address cathy's comments, please all review it
14:16:32 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:16:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ccourtney, fjh, gmandyam, Jungkee, Claes, nwidell, Cathy
14:16:34 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dtran, nwidell, Cathy, Claes, Jungkee, gmandyam, ccourtney, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, AlexanderSalas, darobin, richt, hiroto_away, glenn, slightlyoff, tobie, Josh_Soref,
14:16:34 [Zakim]
... mounir, trackbot, dom
14:16:52 [AlexanderSalas]
Present+ Alexander_Salas
14:16:56 [fjh]
cathy: I plan to send out some comments this week or next week
14:17:19 [fjh]
Topic: TPAC F2F Preparation
14:17:52 [fjh]
fjh: Please remember to complete the WG questionnaire for the F2F, useful to know who is coming, not coming, planning to call in, etc
14:17:52 [fjh]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/dapf2ftpac2012/
14:18:26 [fjh]
also please complete TPAC registration http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/Overview.html#Registration
14:18:43 [fjh]
fjh: need to pay before 15 October before fee increase
14:19:04 [fjh]
Draft DAP F2F agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/F2F_Agenda_1-2_November_TPAC_Lyon_France , please review it
14:19:30 [fjh]
fjh: still in process of confirming start time and end time, break/lunch times etc
14:19:41 [fjh]
fjh: walking through draft agenda
14:19:45 [Clarke]
Clarke has joined #dap
14:22:17 [Zakim]
+Clarke
14:24:28 [fjh]
fjh: there will also be a WebIntents session during WebApps on Tuesday, 15:45 - 17:45, http://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/TPAC2012Meeting#Agenda_Tuesday_October_30
14:24:45 [fjh]
fjh: there will also be a Media TF session, likely on Tuesday afternoon
14:25:29 [fjh]
fjh: expectation is that we will go through HTML Media Capture LC comments, try to resolve any remaining ones during F2F, prepare to progress to CR
14:25:54 [fjh]
fjh: also expect to review Proximity, Ambient Light Events, Network Information APIs with view toard LC
14:26:00 [fjh]
s/toard/toward/
14:26:29 [fjh]
fjh: Review status of interop and test cases, Anssi should be back, for Battery, Vibration with view toward progressing to REC
14:26:35 [fjh]
fjh: afternoon of day 1 on webintents
14:27:06 [fjh]
fjh: day 2 start with pick media intent, pick contacts intent, webintents addendum, local services, perhaps progress that one to LC
14:27:30 [fjh]
fjh: however, need discussion on how to get test cases and interop on webintents addendum, local services
14:27:59 [fjh]
fjh: afternoon day 2 Networked Service Discovery and Messaging, ask travis about discussion needed on media capture and streams
14:28:14 [fjh]
fjh: finally more on interop, next steps, issues and actions
14:28:21 [fjh]
fjh: dom should be there, dave will not be
14:28:28 [fjh]
Topic: shelving calendar
14:29:26 [fjh]
fjh: josh suggested we should shelve calendar, since it is out of date, a concern
14:29:51 [fjh]
gmandyam: should change shelved documents to Notes for clarity
14:30:13 [fjh]
gmandyam: should remove IPR language as part of this process
14:32:00 [fjh]
fjh: Note has a standing as a final deliverable which we may not want to provide
14:32:17 [fjh]
gmandyam: even if replaced, still better to keep in note status
14:32:40 [fjh]
... having a note allows creating a history to avoid making main mistake
14:32:57 [fjh]
s/avoid making main mistake//
14:34:27 [fjh]
gmandyam: it is confusing to members if there are drafts that look like they have IPR concerns
14:34:54 [fjh]
fjh: shelving has no official W3C status, it is a WG construction
14:35:37 [gmandyam]
"main mistake" was really "same mistake"
14:38:31 [fjh]
RESOLUTION: agree to shelve Calendar
14:39:06 [fjh]
action: fjh to follow up on converting shelved documents to Notes (possibly not published), addressing question of shortname for revised Rec document...
14:39:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-581 - Follow up on converting shelved documents to Notes (possibly not published), addressing question of shortname for revised Rec document... [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-10-03].
14:39:29 [fjh]
Topic: Action
14:39:37 [fjh]
s/Action/Action Review/
14:39:50 [fjh]
ACTION-568?
14:39:50 [trackbot]
ACTION-568 -- Jungkee Song to work with Robin to move darobin to move API Cookbook to w3c space and prepare for publication as W3C FPWD NOTE -- due 2012-08-29 -- OPEN
14:39:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/568
14:40:56 [fjh]
jungkee: Robin indicated he is doing this soon, waiting to hear from Robin
14:41:37 [fjh]
fjh: I'm wondering if we want to publish this in conjunction with the FPWD of "WebIntents Addendum - Local Services", maybe we don't need to do this; thinking of W3C news itmes
14:41:43 [fjh]
s/itmes/items/
14:41:54 [fjh]
fjh: probably not worth creating a dependency
14:42:36 [fjh]
jungkee: still need to move to w3c space
14:42:44 [fjh]
fjh: that is a bigger concern
14:42:50 [fjh]
jungkee: will follow up
14:43:29 [fjh]
action: fjh to follow up regarding DAP action status offline
14:43:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-582 - Follow up regarding DAP action status offline [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-10-03].
14:43:59 [fjh]
Topic: Issues
14:44:03 [fjh]
fjh: only one
14:44:09 [fjh]
ISSUE-125?
14:44:09 [trackbot]
ISSUE-125 -- Capabilities API compatibility with web privacy and security, assuming untrusted, fingerprinting risk -- open
14:44:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/125
14:45:23 [Zakim]
-Clarke
14:45:24 [fjh]
Topic: Other business
14:45:25 [Zakim]
-Claes
14:45:27 [Zakim]
-Cathy
14:45:33 [Zakim]
-nwidell
14:45:34 [Zakim]
-ccourtney
14:45:36 [Zakim]
-Jungkee
14:45:36 [fjh]
s/Other Business/Pending Actions/
14:45:50 [Zakim]
-gmandyam
14:45:52 [fjh]
close ACTION-571
14:45:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-571 Enter HTML Media LC comment responses into LC tracker closed
14:45:57 [fjh]
close ACTION-573
14:45:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-573 Check with James re implementations of Pick Media and Pick Contact, plans et closed
14:46:04 [fjh]
close ACTION-576
14:46:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-576 Send CfC for removal of search from Pick Contacts closed
14:46:12 [fjh]
close ACTION-577
14:46:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-577 Draft text proposal to resolve LC-2644 closed
14:46:19 [fjh]
close ACTION-578
14:46:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-578 Propose FPWD publication of "Web Intents Addendum - Local Services" on TF closed
14:46:25 [fjh]
Topic: Other Business
14:46:29 [fjh]
none noted.
14:46:54 [fjh]
fjh: Please review the F2F agenda and propose any changes, additions etc. Please try to provide material on the list in advance.
14:47:27 [fjh]
fjh: Please also review the updated "WebIntents Addendum - Local Services" draft at http://w3c-test.org/dap/wi-addendum-local-services/
14:47:50 [fjh]
fjh: and also review the updated "Networked Service Discovery and Messaging" draft see, http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/discovery-api/Overview.html
14:47:55 [fjh]
Topic: Adjourn
14:48:01 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:48:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/26-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:49:43 [fjh]
s/cancelations/cancellations/
14:50:18 [fjh]
s/extent/extend/
14:50:44 [fjh]
s/extent/extend/g
14:52:49 [tobie]
tobie has joined #dap
14:52:51 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:52:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/26-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:53:00 [Zakim]
-fjh
14:53:01 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
14:53:01 [Zakim]
Attendees were ccourtney, fjh, gmandyam, Jungkee, +46.1.08.01.aaaa, Claes, nwidell, Cathy, +1.781.266.aabb, Clarke
14:53:02 [slightlyoff]
slightlyoff has joined #dap
14:57:11 [fjh]
s/+q//
15:01:32 [fjh]
s|s/medai/media/||
15:02:45 [fjh]
s/before 15 October before fee increase/by date registration closes, 16 October, to avoid fee increase/
15:03:35 [fjh]
s/which we may not want to provide/, but we may not want to publish as a deliverable/
15:03:52 [sicking]
sicking has joined #dap
15:04:06 [fjh]
s/history to/history to avoid making same mistakes elsewhere/
15:05:16 [fjh]
s/Topic: Other Business/Pending Actions/
15:05:20 [fjh]
s|s/Other Business/Pending Actions/||
15:05:57 [fjh]
s/note noted./Topic: Other Business, none noted/
15:06:01 [fjh]
rrsagent generate minutes
15:06:43 [slightlyoff]
slightlyoff has joined #dap
15:07:31 [tobie]
tobie has joined #dap
15:10:37 [fjh]
s/: rrsagent generate minutes//
15:10:49 [fjh]
s/rrsagent generate minutes//
15:10:55 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:10:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/26-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:19:02 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:19:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/26-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:46:39 [darobin]
darobin has joined #dap
16:26:23 [sicking]
sicking has joined #dap
16:41:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap
17:59:03 [sicking]
sicking has joined #dap
20:13:03 [sicking]
sicking has joined #dap
22:35:45 [richt_]
richt_ has joined #dap
23:48:49 [sicking]
sicking has joined #dap