IRC log of rd on 2012-09-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:28:40 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
13:28:40 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/09/12-rd-irc
13:28:40 [sharper]
zakim, please clear the agenda
13:28:40 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
13:28:42 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:28:44 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:28:44 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
13:28:45 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:28:45 [trackbot]
Date: 12 September 2012
13:28:49 [sharper]
Chair: Harper_Simon
13:28:49 [sharper]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments) [sharper]
13:28:49 [sharper]
Agenda+ E2R Call Distribution Status (10m) - [klaus]
13:28:50 [sharper]
Agenda+ Next Topic Discussions (10m) [all]
13:28:50 [sharper]
Agenda+ CfP Simplified Page Format (15m) [peter]
13:28:50 [sharper]
Agenda+ Alternative Teleconferencing Service (15m) [shadi]
13:28:51 [sharper]
Agenda+ Alternative Conference Publishing Venues (15m) [all]
13:28:53 [sharper]
Agenda+ Issues and Actions (Standing Item): https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/ [sharper]
13:28:56 [sharper]
Agenda+ Any Other Business (Standing Item) [sharper]
13:28:58 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has now started
13:28:59 [sharper]
zakim, save agenda
13:29:06 [sharper]
rrsagent, make logs public
13:29:06 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:29:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/12-rd-minutes.html sharper
13:29:08 [Zakim]
ok, sharper, the agenda has been written to http://www.w3.org/2012/09/12-rd-agenda.rdf
13:29:08 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:29:12 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 1
13:29:12 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
13:29:24 [Zakim]
+??P1
13:29:43 [vivienne]
zakim, ??P1 is me
13:29:43 [Zakim]
+vivienne; got it
13:29:53 [Justin_]
Justin_ has joined #rd
13:30:11 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:30:23 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the call?
13:30:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IPcaller], vivienne, Shadi
13:30:31 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
13:30:43 [sharper]
Regrets: Yeliz, Markel, Josh, Klaus, Peter, Kerstin
13:31:02 [Zakim]
+??P5
13:31:08 [Zakim]
-??P5
13:31:28 [christos]
christos has joined #rd
13:31:39 [vivienne]
sorry all I won't be able to participate as my microphone has given up the ghost
13:31:54 [Yehya]
Yehya has joined #rd
13:32:14 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the call?
13:32:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IPcaller], vivienne, Shadi, [IPcaller.a]
13:32:17 [giorgio]
giorgio has joined #rd
13:32:28 [Justin_]
she wore it out
13:32:29 [Zakim]
+??P6
13:32:31 [vivienne]
actually no sound at all, so I guess I'll have to give my regrets for this week
13:32:35 [vivienne]
no funny Justin!
13:32:42 [christos]
zakim, ??P16 is me
13:32:42 [Zakim]
sorry, christos, I do not recognize a party named '??P16'
13:32:50 [christos]
zakim, ??P6 is me
13:32:50 [Zakim]
+christos; got it
13:33:01 [Luz]
zakim, ??P8 is me
13:33:01 [Zakim]
I already had ??P8 as meetingroom, Luz
13:33:06 [christos]
zakim, mute me
13:33:06 [Zakim]
christos should now be muted
13:33:11 [mirrisil]
mirrisil has joined #rd
13:33:17 [shadi]
ipcaller.a
13:33:23 [vivienne]
vivienne has left #rd
13:33:26 [Zakim]
+??P7
13:33:44 [giorgio]
zakim, ??p7 is giorgio
13:33:44 [Zakim]
+giorgio; got it
13:34:27 [Luz]
zakim, IPcaller.a is me
13:34:27 [Zakim]
+Luz; got it
13:34:37 [Luz]
zakim, mute me
13:34:37 [Zakim]
Luz should now be muted
13:34:52 [Zakim]
+??P9
13:35:06 [sharper]
Please get started - I'm having SIP problems.
13:35:33 [shadi]
regrets: Klaus, Kerstin, Peter, Markel, Shawn, Yeliz, Joshue
13:35:45 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the call?
13:35:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IPcaller], vivienne, Shadi, Luz (muted), christos (muted), giorgio, ??P9
13:35:47 [Zakim]
+Yehya
13:35:59 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is mirrisil
13:35:59 [Zakim]
+mirrisil; got it
13:36:20 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the call?
13:36:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mirrisil, vivienne, Shadi, Luz (muted), christos (muted), giorgio, ??P9, Yehya
13:36:59 [Justin_]
zakim, ??P9 is me
13:36:59 [Zakim]
+Justin_; got it
13:37:09 [christos]
yes
13:37:20 [shadi]
scribe: christos
13:37:28 [Zakim]
-Justin_
13:37:32 [shadi]
agenda?
13:37:51 [christos]
zakim, ack me
13:37:52 [Zakim]
unmuting christos
13:37:52 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
13:38:05 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:38:05 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "E2R Call Distribution Status (10m) -" taken up [from klaus via sharper]
13:38:51 [christos]
this item to checkthat we all have been sharing the E2R call that we published last week
13:38:58 [Zakim]
+??P9
13:39:09 [annika]
zakim, ??P9 is me
13:39:09 [Zakim]
+annika; got it
13:39:12 [christos]
shadi: this item to checkthat we all have been sharing the E2R call that we published last week
13:39:29 [annika]
zakim, mute me
13:39:29 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
13:39:35 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Distribution_Lists
13:40:39 [annika]
+q
13:40:52 [annika]
ack me
13:41:01 [christos]
shadi: there are couple more for Yeliz to sent... do you think there are other list useful for distribution
13:41:34 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2012JulSep/0341.html
13:41:46 [Zakim]
-giorgio
13:41:47 [christos]
annika: there is an event about E2R that I would like to distribute it..
13:42:45 [christos]
shadi: feel free to use the ones in the web site
13:42:48 [annika]
zakim, mute me
13:42:48 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
13:42:49 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
13:42:49 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments), closed
13:42:49 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:42:49 [Zakim]
2. E2R Call Distribution Status (10m) - [from klaus via sharper]
13:42:57 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:42:57 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Next Topic Discussions (10m)" taken up [from all]
13:43:05 [Luz]
One question
13:43:19 [Luz]
zakim, unmute me
13:43:19 [Zakim]
Luz should no longer be muted
13:43:42 [Luz]
Corpora List
13:43:54 [christos]
Luz: maybe we could sent it the Corpora list
13:43:58 [Luz]
Ok
13:44:12 [christos]
Shadi: great... when you sent it update the wiki page
13:44:15 [Luz]
zakim, mute m
13:44:15 [Zakim]
mirrisil should now be muted
13:44:17 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/
13:44:22 [Luz]
zakim, mute me
13:44:22 [Zakim]
Luz should now be muted
13:44:51 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Main_Page#Proposed_Research_Topics_.28in_Chronological_Order_of_Creation.29
13:45:13 [christos]
shadi: this topic is about for the next topic.... we still need to feed more information in the wiki
13:45:37 [christos]
shadi: from this list we pick up a topic for the next symposia...
13:46:07 [christos]
shadi: we also need to have some volunteers for the next topic....
13:46:29 [christos]
shadi: does anyone have any idea?
13:47:09 [christos]
shadi: justin you expressed an interest in elearnign...
13:47:37 [christos]
Justin: I am going to update the topic within the next week
13:48:04 [christos]
shadi: you all have write access to the wiki so feel free to add your topic
13:48:14 [Luz]
Yes,
13:48:50 [christos]
shadi: Luz I know you are involve in language technology. Are there any topics you are interested to...?
13:48:56 [Luz]
I think they mainly fit in easy to read.
13:49:19 [Luz]
I will think about it.
13:49:19 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:49:19 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "CfP Simplified Page Format (15m)" taken up [from peter]
13:49:52 [shadi]
zakim, drop agendum 4
13:49:52 [Zakim]
agendum 4, CfP Simplified Page Format (15m), dropped
13:49:55 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:49:55 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Alternative Teleconferencing Service (15m)" taken up [from shadi]
13:50:03 [christos]
shadi; we still don't know what this is about... so we'll drop it for now
13:50:23 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:50:23 [Zakim]
agendum 5 was just opened, shadi
13:50:28 [christos]
shadi: we were hoping to use another system today but will see it for the next week
13:50:31 [shadi]
zakim, drop agendum 5
13:50:31 [Zakim]
agendum 5, Alternative Teleconferencing Service (15m), dropped
13:50:33 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:50:33 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Alternative Conference Publishing Venues (15m)" taken up [from all]
13:51:12 [christos]
shadi: The idea is to try to exted our work in to research arena...
13:51:49 [christos]
shadi; many researchers may not be aware of the group and our work so the idea is to organise follow up events from our symposia
13:52:11 [christos]
shadi: in order to increase publicitiy
13:52:40 [christos]
shadi: for the metrics we had a follow up in the ICCHP... many of them from the symposia na some other new\
13:53:29 [christos]
shadi: one of the caveats is that when authros publish twice about the same topic this might lower the reference index of their papers...
13:54:09 [christos]
shadi: selecting the venues is also important
13:54:53 [christos]
shadi: I don;t know if there are any other siggestions of making our work here more visible to the world outside
13:55:04 [christos]
shadi: any thoughts?
13:55:07 [Luz]
I agree selecting the venue is important
13:55:40 [shadi]
http://www.hcii2013.org/
13:56:06 [christos]
one of the possibilities is on the hci2013 ... we might be able to organise something on mobile accessibility
13:56:20 [christos]
shadi: one of the possibilities is on the hci2013 ... we might be able to organise something on mobile accessibility
13:56:22 [Luz]
Could it be possible (we are late for the workshop proposals) but maybe a special session in WWW 2013? (Similar to the one you did with the european congress).
13:56:37 [Yehya]
Deadline for Abstract Receipt: Friday, 12 October 2012
13:56:45 [Luz]
I mean European Project
13:57:23 [christos]
shadi: I can look at that...
13:57:41 [christos]
shadi: usually we can do tutorials or workshops
13:57:47 [sharper]
sharper has joined #rd
13:57:49 [Luz]
zakiim, unmute me
13:57:55 [christos]
shadi: do we have the date?
13:57:55 [Luz]
zakim, unmute me
13:57:55 [Zakim]
Luz should no longer be muted
13:58:21 [Zakim]
+??P11
13:58:38 [giorgio]
zakim, ??p11 is giorgio
13:58:38 [Zakim]
+giorgio; got it
13:59:23 [sharper]
has anyone dialled in to zakim@voip.w3.org ?
13:59:37 [giorgio]
yes, I just did, simon.
13:59:55 [annika]
q+
14:00:00 [sharper]
OK so there must be a problem my end
14:00:09 [Luz]
zakim, mute me
14:00:09 [Zakim]
Luz should now be muted
14:00:12 [Yehya]
Yes, HCII
14:00:20 [annika]
sharper: which client?
14:00:35 [annika]
ack mde
14:00:39 [annika]
ack me
14:00:44 [christos]
shadi: I am more interesting in feed back on this process
14:00:52 [sharper]
Jitsi and Telephone - both for mac
14:01:23 [Luz]
ACL, NAACL, Coling, EACL.
14:01:32 [christos]
annika: I was thinking about it.... maybe for e2r we might try a conference on computational linguistic and similar
14:01:57 [Luz]
http://acl2013.org/site/
14:02:02 [christos]
shadi: excellent, we can check them out...
14:02:14 [Luz]
NAACL is yearly.
14:02:24 [christos]
annika: ACL in next year but the other ones might be avery other year...
14:02:41 [giorgio]
q+
14:02:46 [annika]
zakim, mute me
14:02:46 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
14:02:49 [christos]
shadi: how people feel that this impacts our publications
14:03:07 [christos]
giorgio: i tend to say that it is a negative thing
14:03:30 [christos]
giorgio: i would like to see the papers to be present only in our symposium
14:03:54 [christos]
giorgio: it should be clear thet they are shatelite events and point ot the main one
14:04:04 [Justin_]
+1
14:04:07 [shadi]
http://www.icchp.org/node/370
14:04:27 [shadi]
[[This Special Thematic Session (STS) is a continuation of the W3C/WAI Online Symposium on Website Accessibility Metrics held on 5 December 2011]]
14:04:59 [christos]
shadi: we are trying to improve it
14:05:26 [christos]
shadi: the idea was we were hoping to link the report to the proceedings
14:06:13 [christos]
shadi: i wonder if we can take this follow up as an example and see how can we improve it
14:06:17 [giorgio]
q+
14:06:21 [annika]
q+
14:07:23 [christos]
giorgio: this approach whould be a big improvemnt (poinitng to the main symposia)... could we have some analytics of how many views had the pages of the symposia
14:08:03 [giorgio]
ok, thank
14:08:10 [christos]
shadi: there is problem with that because the web site is heavily used and we are trying to adjust that to have better analytics
14:08:19 [annika]
ack me
14:08:31 [giorgio]
q-
14:09:04 [giorgio]
q+
14:09:43 [christos]
annika: i think that following up on other events is a good way to create new events for following up the research topics
14:10:05 [christos]
shadi: the idea is to continue the discussion
14:10:32 [christos]
shadi: coming to them later and seeing what happened to them is interesting
14:10:40 [annika]
zakim, mute me
14:10:40 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
14:10:50 [christos]
giorgio: i think there should be follow up events....
14:11:16 [christos]
giorgio: i wouldn;t like the same information to be disseminated in many locations...
14:11:43 [christos]
giorgio: subsequent event can be interesting for continuing the discussion
14:11:48 [annika]
annika: agree with giorgio. What it is good timing for a follow-up event?
14:12:19 [christos]
shadi: maybe leaving a longer period for the event might be a better approach?
14:13:20 [christos]
giorgio: this might be a better way.... but in other cases you might need a continuation sooner because new information coming....
14:14:22 [christos]
shadi: so most of us think it is a good idea but we need to take care for the venues, timing and other issues...
14:14:48 [christos]
shadi: any other reactions to that?
14:14:50 [giorgio]
more or less ok wih me
14:15:41 [christos]
shadi: we will discuss it in the future again
14:16:14 [christos]
shadi: any other business?
14:16:26 [shadi]
Topic: Role Call
14:16:52 [christos]
shadi: i was hoping to have simon on the call otherwise I would like to have one more introduciton role
14:16:59 [Luz]
Welcome :-)!
14:17:24 [shadi]
ack mirrisil
14:17:31 [giorgio]
ack me
14:18:55 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:18:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mirrisil, vivienne, Shadi, Luz (muted), christos, Yehya, annika (muted), giorgio
14:19:22 [Zakim]
-giorgio
14:19:48 [christos]
mirrisil: intorduced herself
14:20:02 [christos]
justin: introdiced himself
14:20:03 [Zakim]
+??P11
14:20:10 [Luz]
zakim, unmute me
14:20:10 [Zakim]
Luz should no longer be muted
14:20:14 [giorgio]
zakim, ??p11 is giorgio
14:20:14 [Zakim]
+giorgio; got it
14:20:27 [christos]
luz: introduces herself
14:20:44 [Luz]
zakim, mute me
14:20:44 [Zakim]
Luz should now be muted
14:21:43 [christos]
christos: introduces himself
14:21:59 [christos]
yehya: introduces himself
14:22:03 [annika]
zakim, unmute me
14:22:03 [Zakim]
annika should no longer be muted
14:22:16 [christos]
annika: introduces herself
14:22:54 [christos]
giorgio: introduces himself
14:22:54 [annika]
zakim, mute me
14:22:54 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
14:23:02 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=47076&public=1
14:23:25 [christos]
shadi: many other people are on the working group and you can see the list in the url
14:23:35 [mirrisil]
sure!
14:23:40 [giorgio]
bye
14:23:43 [Luz]
See you!
14:23:44 [christos]
goodbye
14:23:45 [mirrisil]
bye
14:23:45 [Zakim]
-giorgio
14:23:47 [annika]
bye
14:23:51 [Zakim]
-Yehya
14:23:53 [Zakim]
-annika
14:23:53 [shadi]
traxkbot, end meetin
14:23:55 [Zakim]
-vivienne
14:23:56 [shadi]
traxkbot, end meeting
14:23:56 [Zakim]
-christos
14:24:00 [sharper]
sharper has left #rd
14:24:02 [Zakim]
-Luz
14:24:04 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:24:37 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:24:37 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:24:37 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been vivienne, Shadi, christos, giorgio, Luz, Yehya, mirrisil, Justin_, annika
14:24:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:24:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/12-rd-minutes.html trackbot
14:24:46 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:24:46 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items