IRC log of dap on 2012-09-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:03:30 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:03:30 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/09/12-dap-irc
13:03:31 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:03:32 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:03:33 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:03:33 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 57 minutes
13:03:34 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
13:03:35 [trackbot]
Date: 12 September 2012
13:04:13 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0049.html
13:27:16 [ccourtney]
ccourtney has joined #dap
13:44:47 [dtran]
dtran has joined #dap
13:45:05 [dtran]
+Present Dzung_Tran
13:45:32 [ccourtney]
+Present Colin_Courtney
13:51:18 [dcheng3]
dcheng3 has joined #dap
13:55:02 [fjh]
Chair : Frederick_Hirsch
13:55:19 [fjh]
Present+ Frederick_Hirsch
13:56:06 [fjh]
Topic: Agenda review, Announcements
13:56:29 [fjh]
s/Announcements/Administrative, Announcements/
13:56:41 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:56:48 [Zakim]
+ +1.757.825.aaaa
13:57:05 [fjh]
zakim, where is 757?
13:57:05 [Zakim]
North American dialing code 1.757 is Virginia
13:57:33 [ccourtney]
Yes
13:57:45 [fjh]
zakiim, aaaa is ccourtney
13:57:48 [fjh]
s/Yes//
13:58:10 [Jungkee]
Jungkee has joined #dap
13:58:24 [Jungkee]
Present+ Jungkee_Song
13:58:36 [Zakim]
+??P13
13:58:41 [fjh]
s/zakiim, aaaa is ccourtney//
13:58:48 [fjh]
zakim, aaaa is ccourtney
13:58:48 [Zakim]
+ccourtney; got it
13:58:59 [fjh]
zakim, ??P13 is me
13:58:59 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
13:59:02 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:59:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ccourtney, fjh
13:59:04 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Jungkee, dcheng3, dtran, ccourtney, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, AlexanderSalas, darobin, richt, mounir, Josh_Soref, slightlyoff, tobie, trackbot, hiroto, dom
13:59:04 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
13:59:12 [fjh]
ScribeNick: fjh
13:59:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.503.542.aabb
13:59:58 [fjh]
zakim, where is 503?
13:59:58 [Zakim]
North American dialing code 1.503 is Oregon
14:00:19 [Zakim]
+??P15
14:00:27 [fjh]
zakim, aabb is dtran
14:00:27 [Zakim]
+dtran; got it
14:00:34 [Jungkee]
zakim, ??P15 is me
14:00:34 [Zakim]
+Jungkee; got it
14:00:42 [Zakim]
+ +49.173.537.aacc
14:00:55 [dcheng3]
Present+ Diana_Cheng
14:01:08 [dcheng3]
zakim, aacc is dcheng3
14:01:08 [Zakim]
+dcheng3; got it
14:01:43 [bryan]
bryan has joined #dap
14:01:45 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:01:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ccourtney, fjh, dtran (muted), Jungkee, dcheng3
14:01:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see bryan, Cathy, Jungkee, dcheng3, dtran, ccourtney, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, AlexanderSalas, darobin, richt, mounir, Josh_Soref, slightlyoff, tobie, trackbot, hiroto, dom
14:02:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.214.aadd
14:02:16 [bryan]
present+ Bryan_Sullivan
14:02:33 [AlexanderSalas]
present+ Alexander Salas
14:02:59 [Zakim]
+ +1.858.750.aaee
14:03:20 [gmandyam]
gmandyam has joined #dap
14:03:23 [fjh]
zakim, where is 425?
14:03:23 [Zakim]
North American dialing code 1.425 is Washington
14:03:29 [fjh]
zakim, where is 858?
14:03:29 [Zakim]
North American dialing code 1.858 is California
14:03:38 [gmandyam]
Giri Mandyam (QuIC) joining from area code (858)
14:03:47 [bryan]
zakim, aadd is bryan
14:03:47 [Zakim]
+bryan; got it
14:03:55 [fjh]
zakim, aaee is gmandyam
14:03:55 [Zakim]
+gmandyam; got it
14:04:09 [dsr]
dsr has joined #dap
14:04:11 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:04:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ccourtney, fjh, dtran (muted), Jungkee, dcheng3, bryan, gmandyam
14:04:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dsr, gmandyam, bryan, Cathy, Jungkee, dcheng3, dtran, ccourtney, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, AlexanderSalas, darobin, richt, mounir, Josh_Soref, slightlyoff, tobie,
14:04:13 [Zakim]
... trackbot, hiroto, dom
14:04:21 [Zakim]
+Dsr
14:04:39 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.01.aaff
14:04:59 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
14:05:04 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
14:05:12 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
14:05:15 [Zakim]
+??P21
14:05:26 [Cathy]
zakin, ??P21 is me
14:05:37 [Zakim]
+??P24
14:05:45 [Cathy]
zakim, ??P21 is me
14:05:45 [Zakim]
+Cathy; got it
14:05:46 [AnssiK]
zakim, ??P24 is me
14:05:46 [Zakim]
+AnssiK; got it
14:05:59 [Cathy]
s/zakin, ??P21 is me//
14:06:14 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:06:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ccourtney, fjh, dtran (muted), Jungkee, dcheng3, bryan, gmandyam, Dsr, +46.1.08.01.aaff, Cathy, AnssiK
14:06:21 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Claes, AnssiK, dsr, gmandyam, bryan, Cathy, Jungkee, dcheng3, dtran, ccourtney, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, AlexanderSalas, darobin, richt, mounir, Josh_Soref, slightlyoff,
14:06:23 [Zakim]
... tobie, trackbot, hiroto, dom
14:06:25 [fjh]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:06:48 [Zakim]
fjh, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: fjh (50%), Jungkee (81%), +46.1.08.01.aaff (9%)
14:06:57 [fjh]
zakim, mute jungkee
14:06:58 [Jungkee]
zakim, mute me
14:06:59 [Cathy]
Present+ Cathy_Chan
14:07:07 [Zakim]
Jungkee should now be muted
14:07:10 [Zakim]
Jungkee was already muted, Jungkee
14:07:10 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:07:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ccourtney, fjh, dtran (muted), Jungkee (muted), dcheng3, bryan, gmandyam, Dsr, +46.1.08.01.aaff, Cathy, AnssiK
14:07:22 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Claes, AnssiK, dsr, gmandyam, bryan, Cathy, Jungkee, dcheng3, dtran, ccourtney, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, AlexanderSalas, darobin, richt, mounir, Josh_Soref, slightlyoff,
14:07:27 [Zakim]
... tobie, trackbot, hiroto, dom
14:07:41 [Claes]
Present+ Claes_Nilsson
14:07:49 [dsr]
scribenick: dsr
14:07:51 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: Cancel following 2012 DAP teleconferences: 10 October, 8 Nov (week after TPAC), 20 Nov (US thanksgiving week), 19 December, 26 December.
14:08:31 [dsr]
fjh: propose to cancel Oct 10 call, Nov 20, and Dec 19, 26. Any objections?
14:08:51 [dsr]
Resolution: Cancel following 2012 DAP teleconferences: 10 October, 8 Nov (week after TPAC), 20 Nov (US thanksgiving week), 19 December, 26 December.
14:09:02 [dsr]
RESOLUTION: Cancel following 2012 DAP teleconferences: 10 October, 8 Nov (week after TPAC), 20 Nov (US thanksgiving week), 19 December, 26 December.
14:09:04 [fjh]
Please remember to complete the WG questionnaire for the F2F and also the TPAC registration as well as making your travel arrangements.
14:09:05 [fjh]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/dapf2ftpac2012/ ; http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/Overview.html#Registration
14:09:17 [fjh]
Please suggest topics for DAP F2F agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/F2F_Agenda_1-2_November_TPAC_Lyon_France
14:09:44 [dsr]
We are looking for topics for the TPAC F2F. There will be a web intents discussion in webapps on the Tuesday.
14:10:00 [fjh]
Call for Review of Content Security Policy 1.0, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0020.html
14:10:03 [dsr]
Media TF also on the plan. perhaps for Tuesday too.
14:10:16 [fjh]
s|Resolution: Cancel following 2012 DAP teleconferences: 10 October, 8 Nov (week after TPAC), 20 Nov (US thanksgiving week), 19 December, 26 December.||
14:10:27 [dsr]
Topic: Approval of last minutes
14:10:30 [fjh]
Approve minutes from 29 August 2012
14:10:30 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/att-0008/minutes-2012-08-29.html
14:10:37 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 29 August 2012 are approved.
14:10:44 [dsr]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 29 August 2012 are approved.
14:11:11 [dsr]
Topic: Contents Intent Draft
14:11:15 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: Add Jungkee Song as editor of Pick Contacts Intent draft
14:11:24 [dsr]
No objections
14:11:30 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0003.html
14:11:31 [dsr]
RESOLUTION: Add Jungkee Song as editor of Pick Contacts Intent draft
14:11:38 [fjh]
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/contacts/Overview.html
14:11:50 [Cathy]
s/Contents Intent/Pick Contacts Intent/
14:12:07 [Jungkee]
Not yet
14:12:11 [dsr]
fjh: trying to work with Dom to fix script to keep the home page up to date.
14:12:16 [Jungkee]
but I have a few things to start with
14:12:28 [Jungkee]
and as we discussed at the last call
14:12:44 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:12:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ccourtney, fjh, dtran (muted), Jungkee (muted), dcheng3, bryan, gmandyam, Dsr, +46.1.08.01.aaff, Cathy, AnssiK
14:12:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Claes, AnssiK, dsr, gmandyam, bryan, Cathy, Jungkee, dcheng3, dtran, ccourtney, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, AlexanderSalas, darobin, richt, mounir, Josh_Soref, slightlyoff,
14:12:46 [Zakim]
... tobie, trackbot, hiroto, dom
14:12:57 [Jungkee]
alright
14:13:40 [dsr]
Topic: WebIntents Addendum - Local Services
14:13:44 [fjh]
http://w3c-test.org/dap/wi-addendum-local-services/
14:14:04 [dsr]
fjh: still a bunch of edits pending based upon email discussions
14:14:17 [Cathy]
I think my comments on this draft have been addressed
14:14:31 [dsr]
Claes: where are we in respect to publication?
14:14:59 [dsr]
Claes: we had comment from Cathy early and we are now waiting for comments on the latest version of the draft.
14:15:39 [dsr]
Claes: the mDNS part is new and needs review.
14:16:17 [dsr]
fjh: maybe you should email DAP and Web Intents TF asking for that review?
14:16:28 [dsr]
Claes: okay, will send a reminder.
14:17:01 [dsr]
fjh: after that we will decide on doing a CfC at the next DAP call.
14:17:12 [dsr]
fjh: any other concerns?
14:17:35 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.07.15.aagg
14:17:36 [dsr]
Claes: I have an action to work on a hidden (?)
14:18:06 [dsr]
fjh: if you have anything else to say on SSL that might be helpful.
14:18:17 [dsr]
Topic: Networked Service Discovery and Messaging
14:18:24 [fjh]
http://w3c-test.org/dap/discovery-api/
14:18:31 [Cathy]
s/(?)/disposition/
14:18:38 [dsr]
fjh: we are getting close to being ready to publish updated WD
14:19:17 [dsr]
fjh: will send an informal message to Rich, and then decide if we are ready for a CfC.
14:19:22 [Cathy]
There are still some comments that have not been addressed.
14:19:38 [dsr]
fjh: we need to get those addressed first.
14:19:55 [dsr]
Topic: Vibration API
14:20:02 [fjh]
Change to partial interface. Testing offer by Marcos, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0014.html
14:20:33 [dsr]
fjh: we are in CR, and may need to revert to LCWD
14:20:42 [Zakim]
+ +1.289.261.aahh
14:20:52 [dsr]
shouldn't be a big deal given the implementation experience
14:22:07 [SungOk_You]
SungOk_You has joined #dap
14:22:15 [dsr]
Ansi: Changing to a partial interface effects the implementation, and this is actually aligned with the implementations
14:22:23 [fjh]
given that the change to partial interface is almost editorial, not changing current implementations, but maybe reuse, maybe a LC is not required
14:22:37 [fjh]
s/Ansi/Anssi/
14:23:20 [Josh_Soref]
Scribe: Josh_Soref
14:23:21 [fjh]
http://w3c-test.org/dap/tests/vibration/
14:23:34 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: we're doing test suites
14:23:36 [dsr]
Dave: I suspect the decision of reverting to LCWD would depend on whether we feel we still need more feedback from implementers.
14:23:41 [Josh_Soref]
... and we have reports from the browsers
14:23:44 [Josh_Soref]
... so you can see their status
14:23:58 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: do you have a link?
14:24:03 [AnssiK]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/ImplementationStatus#Vibration_API
14:24:04 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: let me get it
14:24:30 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: maybe we should add this to the homepage
14:24:43 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aahh is me
14:24:43 [Zakim]
+Josh_Soref; got it
14:25:03 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: implementation status is linked from the home page
14:25:13 [Josh_Soref]
... but there are a bunch of links, so maybe we should clean them up
14:25:30 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: maybe we should add it to the table
14:25:40 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: that's how dom is doing it for the mobile web report
14:26:02 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i'm just interested in making sure we follow the process to REC
14:26:10 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: i think we need to work out some test cases
14:26:18 [Josh_Soref]
... i've been working on battery test cases
14:26:28 [Josh_Soref]
... and then i can do vibration test cases
14:26:34 [nwidell]
nwidell has joined #dap
14:26:49 [Josh_Soref]
... but i'm taking some time off between now and the F2F, so i won't be able to get much done between
14:26:55 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: will you be at the F2F?
14:26:57 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: yes
14:27:05 [ccourtney]
Quick question about vibration: is there a facility for varying vibration levels in addition to durations?
14:27:12 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: it might be useful to take Marcos up on his test writing offer
14:27:14 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: yeah
14:27:29 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: there's no hardware support for XXX
14:27:30 [ccourtney]
Understood, thanks.
14:27:30 [bryan]
on implementation status: it would be really handy to have a combined implementation table (specs vs UAs) somewhere linked to the homepage. i get a lot of requests for this and dont mind the research, but others could probably use it as well.
14:27:48 [fjh]
I suggest we take Marcus up on his offer
14:27:48 [AnssiK]
s/XXX/strength/
14:28:03 [nwidell]
Present+ Niklas_Widell
14:28:19 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Ambient Light
14:28:22 [fjh]
proposal from Doug analogous to Proximity, support on list
14:28:23 [fjh]
"Maybe we should leave DeviceAmbientLight alone and add a new event type for reporting changes in the general range of ambient lighting."
14:28:38 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i think that's reasonable
14:28:39 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0040.html
14:28:44 [Josh_Soref]
... it's similar to what we've done for other things
14:28:59 [fjh]
s/other things/Proximity
14:29:01 [Josh_Soref]
... i think dougt's going to do that
14:29:13 [Josh_Soref]
... if you wish to join that discussion, you should do that on the list
14:29:17 [fjh]
s/that/that change, moving this work forward/
14:29:36 [Josh_Soref]
q+ to ask if we should consider changing the telco time - specifically asking dougt if he could make a call later in the day
14:29:45 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: XXY
14:29:53 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call?
14:29:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ccourtney, fjh, dtran, Jungkee (muted), dcheng3, bryan, gmandyam, Dsr, +46.1.08.01.aaff, Cathy, AnssiK, +46.1.07.15.aagg, Josh_Soref
14:30:04 [nwidell]
zakim, aagg is nwidell
14:30:04 [Zakim]
+nwidell; got it
14:30:06 [fjh]
s/XXY/Atmospheric pressor Sensor/
14:30:17 [fjh]
s/pressor/Pressure/
14:30:36 [Josh_Soref]
dtran: a lot of phones will have pressure sensors
14:30:41 [Josh_Soref]
... the UCs is compelling
14:30:46 [Josh_Soref]
... for altitude
14:30:49 [Josh_Soref]
... for a hiking app
14:30:58 [Josh_Soref]
... you want to know how high you are when you're traveling
14:31:04 [Josh_Soref]
... in my Nexus phone, it's there
14:31:18 [fjh]
action: fjh to put Atmospheric Pressure API experimental section of DAP Roadmap due to same reasons as Humidity and Temperature
14:31:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-575 - Put Atmospheric Pressure API experimental section of DAP Roadmap due to same reasons as Humidity and Temperature [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-09-19].
14:31:28 [Josh_Soref]
... this has XXZ support
14:31:35 [Josh_Soref]
... we might want to take a look at it
14:31:40 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: it's good that you did this
14:31:44 [Josh_Soref]
... it's experimental stage
14:31:54 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aaff is probably Claes
14:31:54 [Zakim]
+Claes?; got it
14:32:00 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, unmute me
14:32:00 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref was not muted, Josh_Soref
14:32:25 [dsr]
scribenick: dsr
14:32:56 [dsr]
Josh: if the main use case is gps altitide couldn't we use the interface from that?
14:33:16 [dsr]
it doesn't seem like we need a new interface for this
14:33:40 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: that makes sense
14:33:45 [dsr]
fjh: another use case is weather
14:33:51 [Josh_Soref]
... if we have all the coordinates from one interface
14:34:15 [Josh_Soref]
dcheng3: we do have Altitude in the GeoLocation API
14:34:21 [Josh_Soref]
... we're not working on a v2 spec
14:34:27 [Josh_Soref]
... but that's already there
14:34:36 [Josh_Soref]
... we're wrapping up v1
14:34:47 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: it sounds like a good idea to minimize UCs
14:34:54 [Josh_Soref]
s/UCs/APIs/
14:35:17 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i'll move this to Experimental
14:35:25 [Josh_Soref]
... i think there are UCs different from Altitude
14:35:31 [Josh_Soref]
... we can defer til later
14:35:47 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Media Capture
14:36:06 [fjh]
https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/43696/WD-html-media-capture-20120712/doc/
14:36:15 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i gave it a week, which was probably a mistake
14:36:31 [Josh_Soref]
... AnssiK: i should have pushed back on your comments. but dougt pushed back
14:36:34 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0050.html
14:36:38 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: thanks for doing the work
14:36:43 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0051.html
14:36:45 [Josh_Soref]
... there are a couple of replies from shepazu
14:36:51 [Josh_Soref]
... i agree his changes make sense
14:37:00 [Josh_Soref]
... the only reason i'm hesitant to make the changes right away
14:37:15 [Josh_Soref]
... is to make sure we can get implementers' feedback baked in
14:37:25 [Josh_Soref]
... i think we should get their feedback before updating the spec
14:37:32 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: can we take these one at a time?
14:37:43 [Josh_Soref]
... the first is message 50 from him
14:37:51 [Josh_Soref]
... the multiple arguments for capture
14:38:02 [Josh_Soref]
... i think we need to figure that out on the list
14:38:12 [Josh_Soref]
... and see if it's consistent with what we have today
14:38:20 [Josh_Soref]
... i seem to recall a discussion on the list
14:38:24 [Josh_Soref]
... but i couldn't find it
14:38:28 [Josh_Soref]
... do you remember it?
14:38:38 [Josh_Soref]
... the other one, 51 is more of a bike shed
14:38:50 [Josh_Soref]
... shepazu said we can easily change the name
14:39:04 [Josh_Soref]
... people expect changes there as part of standardization
14:39:40 [fjh]
note we could support two synonyms couldn't we, though not preferable
14:39:43 [Josh_Soref]
[ fjh didn't call it a bike shed, just something which is more of a preference and less technical ]
14:40:06 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: synonyms adds to test case / compliance
14:40:27 [Josh_Soref]
... and silly matrix things: capture="camcorder,microphone,videocamera"
14:40:32 [Josh_Soref]
... is it first or last?
14:40:45 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: the web page hints it wants to capture a photo
14:40:58 [Josh_Soref]
... and it's up to the UA to allow the user to mute the video
14:41:18 [Josh_Soref]
... this is a philosophical debate about control for Web Page v. User Agent
14:41:28 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: shepazu says we have to be concerned about end users, not UAs
14:41:38 [Josh_Soref]
... we have to be sure we're addressing UCs that really matter
14:41:44 [Josh_Soref]
... i don't think we can just punt everything
14:41:50 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: i understand that side of the story as well
14:41:57 [Josh_Soref]
... we're talking about <input type="file">
14:42:05 [Josh_Soref]
... historically you just fire up a dialog
14:42:17 [Josh_Soref]
... and it could exist anywhere, on your file system, on the network
14:42:40 [Josh_Soref]
... this proposal diverges from that
14:42:45 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: it might not be the right thing to do
14:42:46 [Zakim]
-Claes?
14:43:26 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: i sent a long thing talking about file pickers
14:44:53 [AnssiK]
I'd also like to note @accept is also just a hint
14:46:48 [bryan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jun/0083.html
14:47:18 [bryan]
is that it?
14:48:17 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: thanks bryan
14:48:44 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i think we need to address this on the list
14:48:49 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: i feel this discussion may take a while
14:48:56 [Josh_Soref]
... please continue this on the list even if i'm not there
14:49:05 [Josh_Soref]
... i'm sure you'll land on a consensus before the F2F
14:49:14 [Josh_Soref]
... then we can agree on this at the F2F
14:49:24 [Josh_Soref]
... i'll try to wade in this week
14:49:42 [Josh_Soref]
... i'll try to engage the implementers as well
14:49:44 [Josh_Soref]
q?
14:49:48 [fjh]
q?
14:50:06 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: AOB
14:50:09 [Josh_Soref]
q?
14:50:10 [Josh_Soref]
ack me
14:50:10 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, you wanted to ask if we should consider changing the telco time - specifically asking dougt if he could make a call later in the day
14:51:21 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: i'm wondering if moving it forward 1 hour would help Pacific
14:51:59 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: this is 4/5pm in Europe, if we move it an hour, that may move it an hour, which isn't great but not bad
14:52:08 [Josh_Soref]
... not sure about asia
14:52:28 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: we should ask dougt if he'd be willing to join calls if we moved the time
14:53:07 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: if this isn't settled by the F2F, we could have a sessions with dougt at the F2F
14:53:12 [Josh_Soref]
... between werewolf
14:53:20 [bryan]
it gets really late in Asia after 14:00GMT; I am OK with the current time on the west coast
14:53:23 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: we should talk at the F2F
14:53:53 [Jungkee]
in Seoul, it would be 12 am
14:53:55 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: we'll need to find the middle ground
14:54:27 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: i'll try to reply to the open items before i take my leave
14:54:28 [fjh]
Jungkee, exactly, I don't want to make it worse for you
14:54:40 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i don't think we'll do action review
14:54:44 [Zakim]
-AnssiK
14:54:45 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: see everyone at the F2F
14:54:55 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Action Review
14:55:03 [Josh_Soref]
action-548?
14:55:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-548 -- Dave Raggett to check out why chairs got an email to announce Sony joining group but they're not listed in DBWG -- due 2012-07-17 -- OPEN
14:55:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/548
14:55:05 [fjh]
ACTION-548?
14:55:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-548 -- Dave Raggett to check out why chairs got an email to announce Sony joining group but they're not listed in DBWG -- due 2012-07-17 -- OPEN
14:55:07 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/548
14:55:43 [Josh_Soref]
dsr: i think that was a glitch as they transitioned their organization name
14:55:44 [fjh]
ACTION-548: was a glitch due to transition of organization name
14:55:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-548 Check out why chairs got an email to announce Sony joining group but they're not listed in DBWG notes added
14:55:49 [fjh]
close ACTION-548
14:55:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-548 Check out why chairs got an email to announce Sony joining group but they're not listed in DBWG closed
14:56:08 [fjh]
ACTION-556?
14:56:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-556 -- Robin Berjon to set up test repository with example, docs, manifest generation for Web Intents -- due 2012-07-18 -- OPEN
14:56:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/556
14:56:28 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: ... i don't know what darobin 's status is. dsr: do you know?
14:56:39 [fjh]
I'll follow up directly with Robin
14:56:46 [fjh]
ACTION-565?
14:56:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-565 -- Josh Soref to propose text for HTML Media Capture to allow for alternative capture device if specified device not available -- due 2012-08-22 -- OPEN
14:56:46 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/565
14:57:23 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: i might be able to do something on that today, it's definitely related to what i sent
14:57:29 [Jungkee]
If Robin is too busy to handle that, I'll take the action after talking with him
14:57:32 [fjh]
ACTION-568?
14:57:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-568 -- Jungkee Song to work with Robin to move darobin to move API Cookbook to w3c space and prepare for publication as W3C FPWD NOTE -- due 2012-08-29 -- OPEN
14:57:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/568
14:57:42 [Zakim]
-nwidell
14:57:52 [nwidell]
quit
14:58:03 [Jungkee]
I'll talk with Robin and take that action
14:58:05 [Josh_Soref]
s/quit//
14:58:06 [fjh]
s/quit//
14:59:32 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: my Facebook-Intents action would give us experience w/ WebIntents / Pick-Contact
14:59:43 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i should mention that there are discussions on the WebIntents list
15:00:20 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: jhawkins has asked about moving discussion to the whatwg list
15:00:27 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i can see some concern about IPR
15:00:39 [Josh_Soref]
... and general forking discussion risks
15:00:48 [Josh_Soref]
... dsr: should i talk with you offline?
15:00:54 [Josh_Soref]
dsr: let's think about this further
15:00:55 [bryan]
gotta drop now; bye
15:01:01 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: thanks all
15:01:03 [Zakim]
-bryan
15:01:06 [Josh_Soref]
[ Adjourned ]
15:01:11 [Jungkee]
thanks
15:01:14 [Josh_Soref]
trackbot, end meeting
15:01:14 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
15:01:14 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.757.825.aaaa, ccourtney, fjh, +1.503.542.aabb, dtran, Jungkee, +49.173.537.aacc, dcheng3, +1.425.214.aadd, +1.858.750.aaee, bryan,
15:01:15 [Jungkee]
have a good one
15:01:17 [Zakim]
... gmandyam, Dsr, +46.1.08.01.aaff, Cathy, AnssiK, +46.1.07.15.aagg, +1.289.261.aahh, Josh_Soref, nwidell, Claes?
15:01:20 [Zakim]
-fjh
15:01:21 [Zakim]
-gmandyam
15:01:22 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:01:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/12-dap-minutes.html trackbot
15:01:22 [Zakim]
-dcheng3