IRC log of coremob on 2012-09-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:00:09 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coremob
13:00:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-irc
13:00:11 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs 25
13:00:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #coremob
13:00:13 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
13:00:13 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
13:00:14 [trackbot]
Meeting: Core Mobile Web Platform Community Group Teleconference
13:00:14 [trackbot]
Date: 05 September 2012
13:00:58 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:01:03 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:01:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-minutes.html Josh_Soref
13:01:44 [chaals]
chaals has joined #coremob
13:02:39 [Dong-Young_Lee]
Dong-Young_Lee has joined #coremob
13:02:49 [tobie]
Running slightly late, sorry. About to join the call.
13:02:52 [triblondon]
triblondon has joined #coremob
13:03:02 [gmandyam]
gmandyam has joined #coremob
13:03:23 [gmandyam]
Hello from Giri Mandyam, Qualcomm Innovation Center
13:04:08 [Josh_Soref]
present+ Andrew_Betts
13:04:13 [Josh_Soref]
present+ Josh_Soref
13:04:20 [Josh_Soref]
present+ Giri_Mandyam
13:05:01 [chaals]
present+ chaals
13:05:03 [gmandyam]
Jo, gmanydam (Giri Mandyam) here - I am on the call
13:05:10 [Dong-Young_Lee]
present+ Dong-Young_Lee
13:05:11 [jfmoy]
jfmoy has joined #coremob
13:05:17 [Jo]
present+ Jo_Rabin
13:05:24 [Josh_Soref]
s/Running slightly late, sorry. About to join the call.//
13:05:30 [Josh_Soref]
s/Hello from Giri Mandyam, Qualcomm Innovation Center//
13:05:36 [Josh_Soref]
s/Jo, gmanydam (Giri Mandyam) here - I am on the call/
13:05:42 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:05:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-minutes.html Josh_Soref
13:05:52 [chaals]
[chaals aka Charles_McCathie_Nevile but that isn't a more useful identifier]
13:06:20 [Josh_Soref]
Chair: Jo_Rabin
13:06:43 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Welcome
13:06:49 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: welcome to the call
13:06:54 [Jo]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/wiki/Meetings/Telecon_2012-09-05
13:06:59 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:06:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-minutes.html Josh_Soref
13:07:30 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: we're very sorry to lose darobin
13:07:35 [Josh_Soref]
... for his chairing, and engineering contributions
13:07:47 [tobie]
just joined the call.
13:07:59 [Josh_Soref]
s/just joined the call.//
13:08:00 [Jo]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Coremob thanks Robin for his contributions to Coremob, wishes him well in his new undertakings and notes that the remaining chair requests that he completes his outstanding actions :-)
13:08:05 [tobie]
++
13:08:17 [Josh_Soref]
s/++//
13:08:36 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: +1
13:08:42 [Jo]
s/++//g
13:08:58 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: Coremob thanks Robin for his contributions to Coremob, wishes him well in his new undertakings and notes that the remaining chair requests that he completes his outstanding actions :-)
13:09:05 [chaals]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Sep/0010.html -> where Robin is going
13:09:08 [Jack]
Jack has joined #coremob
13:09:20 [Josh_Soref]
s|http:|-> http:|
13:09:35 [Josh_Soref]
s|-> where Robin is going|Robin's new position|
13:09:40 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Pending Actions
13:09:45 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:09:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-minutes.html Josh_Soref
13:09:56 [Jo]
https://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/pendingreview -> Pending Review
13:10:18 [Josh_Soref]
s|http:|-> http:|
13:10:28 [Josh_Soref]
s|-> Pending|Pending|
13:10:35 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:10:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-minutes.html Josh_Soref
13:11:20 [Josh_Soref]
s|https:|-> https:|
13:11:33 [Josh_Soref]
chaals: i said, don't accept vendor prefixed stuff as meeting any requirement
13:11:57 [Josh_Soref]
... the group has accepted that as a resolution
13:11:59 [Jo]
https://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/1 ACTION-1
13:12:03 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: yes, it's accepted in the minutes from the F2F
13:12:11 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:12:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-minutes.html Josh_Soref
13:12:17 [Dan]
Dan has joined #coremob
13:12:49 [dan_]
dan_ has joined #coremob
13:13:09 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-2?
13:13:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-2 -- Jo Rabin to write a short document on how to get an L0 out and what it might mean -- due 2012-07-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
13:13:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/2
13:13:11 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-4?
13:13:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-4 -- Jo Rabin to start a discussion on "what is the meaning of mobile web applications?" -- due 2012-07-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
13:13:12 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/4
13:13:27 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: we resolved on the last call to not have a level 0
13:13:32 [Josh_Soref]
... and to rename level 1
13:13:49 [Josh_Soref]
... and at&t volunteered to write a document
13:13:56 [Jo]
Close ACTION-2
13:13:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-2 Write a short document on how to get an L0 out and what it might mean closed
13:14:01 [Jo]
Clsoe ACTION-4
13:14:11 [Josh_Soref]
s/Clsoe ACTION-4//
13:14:12 [Jo]
Close ACTION-4
13:14:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-4 Start a discussion on "what is the meaning of mobile web applications?" closed
13:14:17 [Josh_Soref]
... these actions are done
13:14:33 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:14:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-minutes.html Josh_Soref
13:14:48 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: tobie, can we address all your actions together?
13:14:56 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: if you give me a second, i'll finish pushing the docs to the repo
13:15:01 [Jo]
https://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/users/41215 Tobie's Actions
13:15:22 [Josh_Soref]
chaals: MC is @ LC
13:15:29 [Josh_Soref]
jfmoy: i think we can close it
13:15:35 [Josh_Soref]
... the media-queries one
13:15:51 [Josh_Soref]
chaals: "ask dap to push html mc to lc"
13:16:06 [chaals]
action-7
13:16:10 [Josh_Soref]
action-7?
13:16:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-7 -- Robin Berjon to ask DAP to push HTML Media Capture to LC -- due 2012-07-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
13:16:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/7
13:16:22 [tobie]
https://github.com/coremob/coremob-2012
13:16:26 [Josh_Soref]
[ agreement that it's been done ]
13:17:08 [Josh_Soref]
action-9?
13:17:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-9 -- Tobie Langel to s/full-screen/chromeless/ -- due 2012-07-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
13:17:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/9
13:17:11 [Josh_Soref]
action-11?
13:17:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-11 -- Tobie Langel to add subsection numbers. -- due 2012-07-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
13:17:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/11
13:17:12 [Josh_Soref]
action-16?
13:17:13 [trackbot]
ACTION-16 -- Tobie Langel to split section 3.1 per fantasia's suggestion -- due 2012-07-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
13:17:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/16
13:17:16 [Josh_Soref]
action-17?
13:17:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-17 -- Tobie Langel to add CSS-3 selectors to section 3.1 -- due 2012-07-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
13:17:20 [Josh_Soref]
action-18?
13:17:22 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/17
13:17:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-18 -- Tobie Langel to write up an informative note about why Network Information API does not solve the responsive images issue -- due 2012-07-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
13:17:28 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/18
13:17:34 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: let's not do action-18 yet
13:17:37 [Josh_Soref]
action-20?
13:17:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-20 -- Tobie Langel to include FileWriter or an alternative to the spec -- due 2012-07-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
13:17:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/20
13:17:41 [Josh_Soref]
action-26?
13:17:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-26 -- Tobie Langel to provide numbers for required sprites/fps in games -- due 2012-07-03 -- PENDINGREVIEW
13:17:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/26
13:18:02 [Josh_Soref]
action-5?
13:18:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-5 -- Tobie Langel to add a conformance section to Level 1 that explains what it means to say "User agents MUST support Foo [FOO]" -- due 2012-07-02 -- OPEN
13:18:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/5
13:18:06 [Josh_Soref]
action-10?
13:18:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-10 -- Tobie Langel to document that we have printing use cases in the UC&R document -- due 2012-07-02 -- OPEN
13:18:06 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/10
13:18:11 [Josh_Soref]
action-14?
13:18:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-14 -- Tobie Langel to send use cases about overflow scrolling to www-style -- due 2012-07-02 -- OPEN
13:18:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/14
13:18:16 [Josh_Soref]
action-38?
13:18:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-38 -- Tobie Langel to make a fluffy picture out of the architecture described by Robin for the test system -- due 2012-07-03 -- OPEN
13:18:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/38
13:18:36 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: i'll be seeing darobin at the end of the week
13:18:45 [Josh_Soref]
... and will discuss architecture with him then
13:19:04 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: i believe we can close all of those, except action-18
13:19:12 [Josh_Soref]
... which we probably need to take a resolution on
13:19:15 [Josh_Soref]
... and action-5
13:19:27 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: i added text for action-5
13:19:38 [dan__]
dan__ has joined #coremob
13:19:40 [Josh_Soref]
... re: action-18
13:19:52 [Josh_Soref]
... the network api is actually used in some JS impls of responsive images
13:20:05 [Josh_Soref]
... i don't really want to write a note that says the opposite that
13:20:08 [Josh_Soref]
s/that/of that/
13:20:28 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: we can close the ones that are pending review, except 18
13:20:33 [Josh_Soref]
... and no one has had a chance to review 5
13:20:40 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: and we can't close 38
13:20:45 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: but i can give an update on 14
13:20:56 [dan_]
dan_ has joined #coremob
13:21:09 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: let's look at action-5
13:21:30 [tobie]
http://coremob.github.com/coremob-2012/ED-coremob-20120905.html#conformance
13:21:52 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: the first 2 paragraphs are W3C boilerplate
13:22:08 [Josh_Soref]
... the 2 last paragraphs are what we should be looking at
13:22:16 [chaals]
[looks great to me]
13:22:19 [Josh_Soref]
A User Agent conforms to Core Mobile Web Platform 2012 if it conforms to all listed specifications and their dependencies.
13:22:19 [Josh_Soref]
However, the inability of a User Agent to conform to one of the listed specification due to limitations of the device does not make the User Agent non-conformant. (For example, a User Agent is not required to support Touch Events on a device devoid of a touch screen.)
13:22:49 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: jo, this is text you found and gave to darobin, which comes from a CSS spec
13:23:15 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: "s/listed specification/listed specifications/"
13:23:21 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: i have a reservation
13:23:41 [Josh_Soref]
... that the UA is referred to as Software distinct from the Software
13:23:49 [Josh_Soref]
... if you can't distinguish the UA from the Device
13:23:56 [Josh_Soref]
... seems mildly self-contradictory
13:24:44 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: i have reservations too
13:24:53 [Josh_Soref]
... probably in the same direction as jo's
13:25:04 [Josh_Soref]
... it partially defeats the purpose of the group
13:25:12 [Josh_Soref]
... which is to make the developer's life easier
13:25:22 [Josh_Soref]
... i.e. to make devices rather similar in how they're built
13:25:40 [chaals]
q+
13:25:53 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: I have a mild concern about "and their dependencies"
13:25:59 [Josh_Soref]
... there's the mess of JS3/JS5
13:26:23 [chaals]
JS: …Nothing can conform for five years, while browsers implement a complete JS spec
13:26:34 [chaals]
… at which point it is too late to be useful.
13:26:40 [Jo]
ackc
13:26:41 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: we need a get out of free for this one, don't we?
13:26:45 [Jo]
s/ackc//
13:26:50 [Josh_Soref]
chaals: i have the same concern as Josh_Soref
13:27:00 [Jo]
ack c
13:27:34 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:27:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-minutes.html Josh_Soref
13:28:05 [chaals]
[Have the same conceern as josh in principle, but think in practice "conforms to a spec" when applied to something like JS or HTML is woolly enough to be workable]
13:28:05 [Josh_Soref]
i/look at action/Topic: action-5/
13:28:36 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: perhaps there will be some cases where we say
13:28:43 [chaals]
[… the alternative to accepting teh device restriction is requiring that we know when it doesn't work due to the device not having the function]
13:28:47 [Josh_Soref]
... particularly in the cases of HTTP, HTML, JS
13:28:54 [Josh_Soref]
... perhaps we can ignore the device
13:29:00 [chaals]
[… e.g. where there is no camera, as opposed to no support for getUserMedia]
13:29:04 [Josh_Soref]
... can live with the UA-Device separable bit
13:29:04 [tobie]
s/tobie/Jo/
13:29:26 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: tobie, add a caveat "unless otherwise detailed below"
13:29:36 [Josh_Soref]
... this is a blanket statement on conformance
13:29:46 [Josh_Soref]
s/conceern/concern/
13:29:56 [Josh_Soref]
s/teh/the/
13:30:11 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:30:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-minutes.html Josh_Soref
13:30:23 [Jo]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Re ACTION-5 accept Tobie's draft with the addition "unless detailed below" and ignore the device vs User Agent issue touched on by Jo
13:30:46 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: +1
13:30:52 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: Re ACTION-5 accept Tobie's draft with the addition "unless detailed below" and ignore the device vs User Agent issue touched on by Jo
13:31:01 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: action-18
13:31:24 [Josh_Soref]
s/Topic: action-5/Topic: Conformance Section/
13:31:40 [Josh_Soref]
s/Topic: action-18/Topic: Network Information/
13:31:58 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: some Responsive Images implementations currently use Network Information today
13:32:30 [Josh_Soref]
... but there are groups (Resp Img CG, HTML, WHATWG) working on this
13:32:36 [Josh_Soref]
... and something will come out in HTML5
13:32:53 [Josh_Soref]
... the other real UC that came up from the Network Information API
13:33:03 [Josh_Soref]
... i maintain that there's no reason to have that spec in coremob
13:33:09 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: +1
13:33:26 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: i remember having a conversation with you
13:33:34 [Josh_Soref]
... i think we should take a resolution that
13:33:44 [Josh_Soref]
... we will not include Network Information as it stands in CoreMob 2012
13:33:46 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: +1
13:34:14 [Jo]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Network Information as it stands will not be in Coremob 2012
13:34:24 [chaals]
[no objection]
13:34:30 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: Network Information as it stands will not be in Coremob 2012
13:35:37 [Jo]
ISSUE: Follow work of WHATWG, Responsive Image CG and HTML WG and revisit Network Information when appropriate
13:35:37 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-32 - Follow work of WHATWG, Responsive Image CG and HTML WG and revisit Network Information when appropriate ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/issues/32/edit .
13:36:07 [Jo]
Close ACTION-18
13:36:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-18 Write up an informative note about why Network Information API does not solve the responsive images issue closed
13:36:45 [Jo]
ACTION-14?
13:36:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-14 -- Tobie Langel to send use cases about overflow scrolling to www-style -- due 2012-07-02 -- OPEN
13:36:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/14
13:36:59 [Josh_Soref]
topic: Overflow Scroll
13:37:15 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: we released an iOS facebook app that has more native code
13:37:23 [Josh_Soref]
... partly because of scrolling performance issues
13:38:29 [chaals]
action-14 due in 2 weeks
13:38:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-14 Send use cases about overflow scrolling to www-style due date now in 2 weeks
13:39:22 [tobie]
:)
13:40:10 [Jo]
ACTION-15?
13:40:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-15 -- Robert Shilston to draft a non-normative document with Implementation Notes about how to load assets depending on MQs that can never become true (with help from Robin) -- due 2012-07-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
13:40:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/actions/15
13:40:11 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Media Queries
13:40:55 [Josh_Soref]
Andrew_Betts: we have a blog post
13:41:00 [Josh_Soref]
... which we published in response to this
13:41:15 [tobie]
http://labs.ft.com/2012/08/a-proposal-for-preloading-resources-bound-by-media-queries/
13:41:36 [Jo]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-coremob/2012Aug/0040.html email about the FT Labs blog post
13:41:44 [Josh_Soref]
Andrew_Betts: the issue is more complex than darobin thought at the F2F
13:41:58 [Josh_Soref]
... we can't assume that any MQ will never become true
13:42:11 [Josh_Soref]
... we proved this with the device aspect ratio
13:42:28 [Josh_Soref]
... but if you hook up a low res + high res display to a mac, the property does change
13:42:47 [Josh_Soref]
... we can provide hints to the UA about things that are more likely to change
13:43:03 [Josh_Soref]
jfmoy: i was supposed to talk w/ darobin about that
13:43:12 [Josh_Soref]
... this blog post came out first
13:43:29 [Josh_Soref]
... i agree with Andrew_Betts
13:43:49 [Josh_Soref]
Andrew_Betts: in short, we've proposed the creation of a new css clause
13:43:53 [Josh_Soref]
... media-preload-hint
13:44:06 [Josh_Soref]
... taking a media query and specify a range of media queries that should be preloaded
13:44:12 [Josh_Soref]
... it would be backwards compatible
13:44:18 [Josh_Soref]
... but whether implementers would do it
13:44:27 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: it would take a lot to get it implemented
13:44:36 [Josh_Soref]
... i posted a question to rob about this
13:44:42 [Josh_Soref]
... isn't there a shortcut to this
13:44:56 [Josh_Soref]
... display:none triggers loads (based on mobile-best-practices)
13:45:06 [Josh_Soref]
Andrew_Betts: that's effectively a hack
13:45:12 [Josh_Soref]
... we're looking for something elegantly
13:45:33 [tobie]
+q
13:45:38 [Josh_Soref]
... but yes, you can implement this today using that hack-workaround
13:45:42 [Josh_Soref]
s/+q/q+/G
13:45:51 [Jo]
ack tobie
13:46:00 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: Andrew_Betts / darobin's point is a good one
13:46:05 [chaals]
[In the past Opera did not load resources if the media queries that called for them were not true. They changed that for compatibility with deployed content, which relied on the resource being more-or-less instantly available]
13:46:10 [Josh_Soref]
... there's value in bringing this request to the HTML WG
13:46:22 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: i'd say CSS
13:46:29 [Josh_Soref]
jfmoy: i'd say CSS
13:46:41 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: i think we're beyond our agreement here
13:46:55 [chaals]
s/agreement/remit/
13:46:56 [Josh_Soref]
... it's among things that are somewhat underspecified
13:47:05 [Josh_Soref]
... like controlling order of loads
13:47:13 [Josh_Soref]
... it's like a preemptive load
13:47:28 [Josh_Soref]
... this is a question beyond the scope of what we're allowed to do
13:47:43 [Josh_Soref]
... shouldn't we ask for clarification of meaning of display:none
13:47:56 [Josh_Soref]
... if that's clarified and we ask for conformance to it
13:47:57 [chaals]
q+
13:48:01 [Josh_Soref]
... it seems like that's more in scope
13:48:05 [chaals]
q-
13:48:12 [jfmoy]
q+
13:48:19 [Jo]
ack jf
13:48:23 [chaals]
q+
13:48:28 [Josh_Soref]
jfmoy: i'd really like feedback from UAs
13:48:38 [Josh_Soref]
... about that proposal
13:48:59 [tobie]
q+
13:49:05 [Jo]
ack ch
13:49:05 [Josh_Soref]
... i think this is something where a proposal to CSS WG would be helpful
13:49:15 [Josh_Soref]
chaals: i think we really need to talk to UA devs
13:49:25 [Josh_Soref]
... it seems the requirement here is basically control of loading/preemptive loading
13:49:39 [Josh_Soref]
... opera used to not to load non-required elements
13:49:46 [Josh_Soref]
... it would then load on demand
13:49:54 [Josh_Soref]
... it changed that behavior based on breaking the web
13:50:03 [Josh_Soref]
... developers assumed things were preloaded
13:50:14 [Josh_Soref]
... i think we should talk to both CSS + HTML, possibly also IETF:HTTP
13:50:26 [Josh_Soref]
q+ to ask about HTTP2 (push)
13:50:33 [Jo]
ack tobie
13:50:34 [Josh_Soref]
... load control
13:50:49 [Josh_Soref]
tobie: i wanted to point out that our group is clearly not targeted at coming up with solutions for stuff
13:51:02 [Josh_Soref]
... however identifying a problem and bringing it to existing groups is in scope
13:51:03 [Josh_Soref]
ack me
13:51:03 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, you wanted to ask about HTTP2 (push)
13:51:06 [Jo]
ack josh
13:51:25 [tobie]
SPDY
13:51:55 [chaals]
Josh: The SPDY protocol allows a website to push extra resources - maybe that is what we want...
13:51:58 [Andrew_Betts]
q+
13:52:05 [chaals]
… at least we should be looking at it.
13:52:10 [Jo]
ack And
13:52:11 [Josh_Soref]
Andrew_Betts: i think that is a partial solution
13:52:21 [Josh_Soref]
... it doesn't provide the same solution that our solution would
13:52:31 [Josh_Soref]
... it presupposes server side intelligence
13:52:42 [Josh_Soref]
... whereas a media query allows intelligence to the UA
13:53:01 [Josh_Soref]
... if the UA has highres/lowres, we want to preload the appropriate orientation-resolutions
13:53:17 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: we'll leave action-15 open
13:53:26 [Josh_Soref]
... we'll need to take this forward on the list
13:55:00 [Jo]
ISSUE: We need to define our requirements for asset loading control (cf ACTION-15)
13:55:00 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-33 - We need to define our requirements for asset loading control (cf ACTION-15) ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/track/issues/33/edit .
13:55:34 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: perhaps we can action Andrew_Betts to do this
13:55:58 [Jo]
ACTION: Betts to provoke discussion on list of ISSUE-33
13:55:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-49 - Provoke discussion on list of ISSUE-33 [on Andrew Betts - due 2012-09-12].
13:56:09 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: AOB
13:56:25 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: next meeting will be in London
13:56:34 [Josh_Soref]
... do we want a call before we meet in London?
13:57:05 [chaals]
[+1 to call in 2 weeks]
13:57:50 [tobie]
NExt week?
13:57:53 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: three weeks = Yom Kippur = No
13:57:56 [Jo]
ACTION: Jo to figure out how to do a call between now and F2F
13:57:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-50 - Figure out how to do a call between now and F2F [on Jo Rabin - due 2012-09-12].
13:58:03 [tobie]
s/NE/Ne/
13:58:26 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: would everyone please fill in the registration for the London F2F?
13:58:32 [dan_]
Jo: will you send out the agenda for F2F?
13:58:32 [Jo]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/52857/CoremobF2FLondon20120802/ Registration for F2F
13:58:42 [Josh_Soref]
s/https:/-> https:/
13:58:48 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: i will work on an agenda for the F2F
13:58:51 [dan_]
needs it for tavel approval
13:59:11 [Josh_Soref]
Jo: we might have a call for items for the agenda
13:59:29 [Josh_Soref]
... further discussion on tobie 's document
13:59:45 [Josh_Soref]
... and darobin's architecture document
13:59:49 [dan_]
any update on W3c test framework, status of matrics maker?
13:59:53 [Josh_Soref]
... and testing
14:00:21 [tobie]
dan_ ask darobin
14:00:28 [tobie]
present+
14:00:39 [chaals]
present+ tobie
14:00:52 [tobie]
present+ Tobie_Langel
14:01:01 [Jo]
Many thanks to Josh for scribing!
14:01:13 [chaals]
[thanks Josh (in perpetuity), Jo, all]
14:01:14 [Josh_Soref]
trackbot, eng meeting
14:01:14 [trackbot]
Sorry, Josh_Soref, I don't understand 'trackbot, eng meeting'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
14:01:23 [Josh_Soref]
s/trackbot, eng meeting//
14:01:25 [Josh_Soref]
trackbot, end meeting
14:01:25 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:01:25 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:01:33 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:01:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-minutes.html trackbot
14:01:34 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:01:34 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-actions.rdf :
14:01:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Betts to provoke discussion on list of ISSUE-33 [1]
14:01:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-irc#T13-55-58
14:01:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jo to figure out how to do a call between now and F2F [2]
14:01:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/05-coremob-irc#T13-57-56