IRC log of tagmem on 2012-08-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:01:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tagmem
17:01:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/08/30-tagmem-irc
17:01:29 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:01:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tagmem
17:01:31 [noah]
zakim, who is here?
17:01:31 [Zakim]
sorry, noah, I don't know what conference this is
17:01:31 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be TAG
17:01:32 [trackbot]
Meeting: Technical Architecture Group Teleconference
17:01:32 [trackbot]
Date: 30 August 2012
17:01:32 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, noah, Larry, timbl_, ht, darobin, timbl, trackbot, Yves, plinss_away
17:01:33 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see TAG_Weekly()1:00PM already started
17:01:36 [noah]
zakim, who is here?
17:01:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Masinter, ??P7, Noah_Mendelsohn
17:01:40 [Yves]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Aug/0046.html
17:01:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, noah, Larry, timbl_, ht, darobin, timbl, trackbot, Yves, plinss_away
17:01:50 [Zakim]
+Yves
17:02:00 [Yves]
Chair: Noah
17:02:18 [jar]
jar has joined #tagmem
17:03:08 [Zakim]
+Jonathan_Rees
17:04:26 [Yves]
Scribe: Yves
17:04:28 [noah]
zakim, who is here?
17:04:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Masinter, ht (muted), Noah_Mendelsohn, Yves, Jonathan_Rees
17:04:29 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jar, Zakim, RRSAgent, noah, Larry, timbl_, ht, darobin, timbl, trackbot, Yves, plinss_away
17:04:55 [Yves]
Topic: approval of minutes
17:04:56 [noah]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/08/23-minutes
17:05:04 [Yves]
RESOLUTION: minutes approved
17:05:10 [Yves]
missing minutes for aug 2
17:05:17 [Yves]
next week, there will be no call
17:06:09 [Yves]
re: f2f, we should be all set, but we don't have an hotel list yet
17:06:58 [Yves]
Topic: Publishing and Linking
17:07:00 [noah]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/08/23-minutes
17:07:08 [noah]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/publishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb-2012-08-29.html
17:08:27 [Yves]
Larry: the goal is to have something suitable to be published as a FPWD. There will be some nits
17:08:42 [ht]
q+ to propose a New Orleans vote
17:08:48 [noah]
FWIW: I think the changes to the Note on Silk come close enough to satisfying my concerns, thank you.
17:08:59 [Yves]
would be good to decide publication over email
17:09:31 [noah]
ack next
17:09:32 [Zakim]
ht, you wanted to propose a New Orleans vote
17:10:25 [Yves]
Noah: we can have an approval and leave editors fix what needs fixing, then wait a few days for negative reaction on the ML or else publish
17:11:00 [Zakim]
-Masinter
17:11:08 [noah]
Henry wrote: "Thanks for making the effort, and I'm content with where you ended up,
17:11:08 [noah]
modulo a few low-level glitches which I'll signal offline."
17:11:13 [noah]
We'll wait for Larry
17:11:20 [Larry]
phone died, lemme get another one
17:11:59 [Zakim]
+Masinter
17:13:13 [noah]
"Such sub-systems cannot exercise judgment, even if required to by governance."
17:13:15 [Yves]
comments from Noah: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Aug/0050.html
17:13:57 [Zakim]
+TimBL
17:14:10 [Yves]
Larry: the crux is a web content/web page/web document distinction
17:14:17 [noah]
Hi Tim. We are getting very close to voting to go to FPWD on http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/publishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb-2012-08-29.html
17:14:35 [Yves]
content is stuff (js, css, image, whatever), page is what you see, symbol is what allow the page to be seen
17:15:03 [noah]
The state of discussion is that everyone's pretty happy, but Larry and Henry both feel that the terminology around Web Page, Web Content, and Web Document isn't entirely in good shape.
17:15:14 [noah]
zakim, who is here?
17:15:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ht, Noah_Mendelsohn, Yves, Jonathan_Rees, Masinter, TimBL
17:15:14 [timbl_]
timbl_ has left #tagmem
17:15:16 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jar, Zakim, RRSAgent, noah, Larry, timbl_, ht, darobin, timbl, trackbot, Yves, plinss_away
17:15:17 [Larry]
"I'll try and see if i can get away with just 'web content' and 'web page'
17:15:18 [Yves]
ht: if you think the 3-way distinction is difficult to make it work (I like it), you can use only web contant and web page
17:16:54 [Yves]
Noah: do you want more discussion, or is it OK to vote on publication now?
17:17:09 [Yves]
<no objection>
17:17:24 [noah]
. RESOLUTION: Larry as editor will make revisions as he sees fit, there will be 3 days for objections, and then http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/publishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb-2012-08-29.html will be published as a FPWD
17:18:05 [noah]
RESOLUTION: Larry as editor will make revisions as he sees fit, there will be 3 days for objections, and then http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/publishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb-2012-08-29.html will be published as a FPWD
17:18:40 [Yves]
RESOLUTION: Larry as editor will make revisions as he sees fit, there will be 3 days for objections, and then http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/publishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb-2012-08-29.html will be published as a FPWD
17:19:12 [jar]
Ack Thinh Nguyen?
17:19:40 [Yves]
Larry +1
17:19:48 [Larry]
"will ack Thinh, please suggest wording
17:20:18 [noah]
ACTION-732?
17:20:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-732 -- Larry Masinter to prepare FPWD on Publishing and Linking -- due 2012-08-21 -- OPEN
17:20:18 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/732
17:20:39 [noah]
ACTION-732 - DUE 2012-09-05
17:20:49 [noah]
ACTION-732: DUE 2012-09-05
17:20:50 [trackbot]
ACTION-732 prepare FPWD on Publishing and Linking notes added
17:21:35 [Yves]
Topic: overdue actions
17:22:42 [Larry]
/me Noah: For the most part, such sub-systems
17:22:42 [Larry]
cannot exercise the kinds of judgment needed, even if required
17:22:42 [Larry]
to by governance.
17:23:58 [noah]
ACTION-730?
17:23:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-730 -- Jeni Tennison to working with Yves to publish FPWD on Fragids -- due 2012-07-31 -- PENDINGREVIEW
17:23:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/730
17:24:27 [noah]
topic: Pending Review Action Items
17:24:32 [noah]
ACTION-730?
17:24:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-730 -- Jeni Tennison to working with Yves to publish FPWD on Fragids -- due 2012-07-31 -- PENDINGREVIEW
17:24:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/730
17:25:20 [Yves]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-fragid-best-practices-20120726/
17:25:35 [noah]
close ACTION-730
17:25:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-730 working with Yves to publish FPWD on Fragids closed
17:25:52 [noah]
ACTION-543?
17:25:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-543 -- Peter Linss to propose addition to Fragid draft to discuss sem-web use of fragids not grounded in media type -- due 2012-09-12 -- OPEN
17:25:52 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/543
17:26:04 [noah]
ACTION-564?
17:26:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-564 -- Henry Thompson to track fragid issues in 3023bis, report to TAG and/or communicate with 3023bis editors as appropriate -- due 2012-09-01 -- OPEN
17:26:04 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/564
17:26:41 [Yves]
ht: Larry were you in Vancouver? any mention of 3023bis?
17:26:42 [noah]
Luckily, 564 is not due until tomorrow :-)
17:26:48 [noah]
I
17:27:33 [Yves]
Larry: no mention of this during the last IETF meeting
17:28:12 [noah]
ACTION-732 DUE 2012-09-05
17:28:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-732 prepare FPWD on Publishing and Linking due date now 2012-09-05
17:29:14 [Larry]
should XMLCore take it on?
17:29:20 [timbl]
Yves is the logical person to deliver from the TAG to the amagemet that Chris is being abandoned as unresposive
17:29:37 [timbl]
on bringing the document forward.
17:30:28 [Yves]
s/Yves is the logical person to deliver from the TAG to the amagemet that Chris is being abandoned as unresposive//
17:30:40 [Yves]
s/on bringing the document forward.//
17:30:43 [noah]
ACTION-564?
17:30:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-564 -- Henry Thompson to track fragid issues in 3023bis, report to TAG and/or communicate with 3023bis editors as appropriate -- due 2012-09-01 -- OPEN
17:30:43 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/564
17:31:03 [noah]
ACTION-564 Due 2012-09-30
17:31:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-564 Track fragid issues in 3023bis, report to TAG and/or communicate with 3023bis editors as appropriate due date now 2012-09-30
17:31:23 [noah]
ACTION-635?
17:31:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-635 -- Henry Thompson to update product page for Frag IDS and Mime types, to include realistic goals and dates -- due 2012-06-01 -- OPEN
17:31:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/635
17:31:48 [noah]
ACTION-635 Due 2012-09-11
17:31:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-635 Update product page for Frag IDS and Mime types, to include realistic goals and dates due date now 2012-09-11
17:33:16 [noah]
ACTION-686?
17:33:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-686 -- Robin Berjon to try to find who is in charge of the current browser content sniffing clustermess, and see if there is a way of moving out of the quagmire -- due 2012-05-01 -- PENDINGREVIEW
17:33:16 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/686
17:33:40 [noah]
topic: Overdue actions
17:34:31 [noah]
Robin's comment in the action is:
17:34:31 [noah]
The person in charge is Adam Barth and the document is pretty much final I see little support for changing this.
17:34:31 [noah]
Robin Berjon, 7 Jun 2012, 16:24:19
17:35:29 [Larry]
I was trying to talk people into turning off sniffing with HTTP 2.0
17:36:42 [Larry]
not listed in http://www.w3.org/2012/webapps/charter/Overview.html
17:36:50 [Yves]
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-websec-mime-sniff-03
17:38:01 [Yves]
http://mimesniff.spec.whatwg.org/
17:38:03 [Larry]
I think Action 686 should be repoened
17:38:54 [Larry]
"https://github.com/abarth/websec/commits/master/drafts/sniff.html last edit Nov 2011
17:39:30 [noah]
ACTION-686?
17:39:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-686 -- Robin Berjon to try to find who is in charge of the current browser content sniffing clustermess, and see if there is a way of moving out of the quagmire -- due 2012-09-18 -- OPEN
17:39:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/686
17:39:33 [Larry]
"section 9 on 'fonts' is left 'todo'
17:39:53 [noah]
Not sure whether Robin wants to pick this up, but at least it's open now.
17:40:02 [noah]
If he doesn't, we'll have to find someone else to carry this forward.
17:40:06 [ht]
http://mimesniff.spec.whatwg.org/
17:40:34 [Yves]
in a ML, Adam Barth said the document was now there ^
17:41:10 [Larry]
When the document was in the IETF, I raised issues
17:41:18 [noah]
http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=7239&to=7240
17:41:29 [Larry]
none of the issues I raised in the IETF have been addressed
17:41:48 [Larry]
changing venue doesn't relieve you of the responsibility of responding to issues raised
17:42:04 [jar]
(for the minutes: mimesniff is titled "MIME Sniffing Work in Progress — Last Update 25 November 2011")
17:42:26 [noah]
HTML5 has a reference MIMESNIFF which resolves to http://mimesniff.spec.whatwg.org/
17:42:36 [noah]
Seems like they'll have to finish it or change the reference.
17:42:41 [Larry]
What I suggested to PHilippe in Vancouver is a little more radical
17:43:40 [Yves]
html5 has things like sniffing charset
17:44:08 [Yves]
that mmay be put in a separate document as well (like put all the sniffing parts in separate document(s))
17:45:52 [noah]
ACTION-713?
17:45:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-713 -- Robin Berjon to incorporate into Privacy document "There are concerns wrt protocols and privacy, there are concerns wrt APIs and privacy. We're working on APIs, IETF are working on protocols, we will collaborate and try to converge at least on terminology going forward" -- due 2012-06-19 -- OPEN
17:45:52 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/713
17:46:33 [noah]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/apiminimization.html
17:46:44 [noah]
Robin is the only one assigned
17:46:56 [noah]
ACTION-713 Due 2012-09-13
17:46:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-713 Incorporate into Privacy document "There are concerns wrt protocols and privacy, there are concerns wrt APIs and privacy. We're working on APIs, IETF are working on protocols, we will collaborate and try to converge at least on terminology going forward" due date now 2012-09-13
17:47:13 [noah]
ACTION-715 Due 2012-09-13
17:47:13 [trackbot]
ACTION-715 prepare draft FPWD of some patterns for privacy in APIs, to be reviewed by TAG and published due date now 2012-09-13
17:47:24 [noah]
ACTION-685?
17:47:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-685 -- Robin Berjon to create a product page proposing the Task Force on Web Security/Privileges/Trust/etc. -- due 2012-08-01 -- OPEN
17:47:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/685
17:48:26 [noah]
In June Robin said:
17:48:27 [noah]
This ought to be revisited once the SysApps WG is chartered it may be that that is where all of this discussion will take place.
17:48:27 [noah]
Robin Berjon, 8 Jun 2012, 08:59:19
17:48:43 [Larry]
Still in discussion?
17:49:02 [noah]
NM: Yves, do you know about Sysaps?
17:49:06 [noah]
Yves: Not sure
17:49:16 [noah]
LM: Think it's still under discussion
17:50:00 [Larry]
Due to August holidays we have extended this review period to 10 September.
17:50:00 [Larry]
17:50:00 [Larry]
Ian Jacobs, Head of W3C Communications
17:50:00 [Larry]
17:50:02 [noah]
ACTION-685 Due 2012-09-30
17:50:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-685 create a product page proposing the Task Force on Web Security/Privileges/Trust/etc. due date now 2012-09-30
17:50:23 [noah]
ACTION-700 Due 2012-11-30
17:50:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-700 Send note to tag@ that he will send later to the AB (as himself) proposing the changes to electoral proceedings due date now 2012-11-30
17:50:33 [noah]
ACTION-659?
17:50:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-659 -- Yves Lafon to track IETF efforts on HTTP 2.0 & SPDY -- due 2012-08-05 -- OPEN
17:50:33 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/659
17:50:44 [Yves]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sysapps/2012Aug/0001.html
17:51:24 [noah]
YL: I think Larry learned more than I, having been at IETF Vancouver.
17:51:54 [Yves]
Larry: I was in Vancouver, and I also discussed with mnot recently
17:52:11 [Yves]
Larry: I can give a report, but I don't see things TAG would work on
17:52:28 [noah]
NM: I'm asking if this is a good use of F2F time?
17:52:35 [Yves]
we could invite Mark or someone else to talk about progress
17:53:10 [noah]
LM: Maybe 30 mins max on SPDY HTTP 2.0 at F2F
17:53:11 [Larry]
i wouldn't recommend more than 30 minutes for an update & discussion
17:53:29 [noah]
ACTION-659?
17:53:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-659 -- Yves Lafon to track IETF efforts on HTTP 2.0 & SPDY -- due 2012-08-05 -- OPEN
17:53:29 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/659
17:53:53 [noah]
ACTION-659 Due 2013-01-01
17:53:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-659 Track IETF efforts on HTTP 2.0 & SPDY due date now 2013-01-01
17:54:20 [noah]
ACTION: Larry to prepare for 30 minute report on HTTP 2.0/SPDY at October 2012 F2F - Due 2012-9-28
17:54:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-733 - prepare for 30 minute report on HTTP 2.0/SPDY at October 2012 F2F [on Larry Masinter - due 2012-09-28].
17:54:26 [Larry]
my big concern is taht there is a lot of disagreement over what "faster" means
17:56:32 [ht]
We certainly made a strong push wrt measurable claims of 'improvement' and 'speed-up' wrt EXI. . .
17:58:00 [noah]
ACTION-683?
17:58:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-683 -- Yves Lafon to figure out who might be a good choice to present Hybi (and as appropriate WebSocket protocols) to the TAG -- due 2012-04-24 -- OPEN
17:58:00 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/683
17:58:39 [noah]
YL: Not quite sure how much traction hybi has just now. I will try to do so before F2F
17:58:59 [noah]
ACTION-683 Due 2012-09-11
17:58:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-683 Figure out who might be a good choice to present Hybi (and as appropriate WebSocket protocols) to the TAG due date now 2012-09-11
17:59:23 [noah]
NM: Please tell me by mid-sept what we need for F2F agenda.
17:59:32 [noah]
ACTION-617?
17:59:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-617 -- Yves Lafon to work with Noah to take http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/ off the Rec track -- due 2012-06-01 -- OPEN
17:59:33 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/617
17:59:43 [noah]
ACTION-617 Due 2012-10-15
17:59:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-617 Work with Noah to take http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/ off the Rec track due date now 2012-10-15
18:00:02 [noah]
YL: Was wondering whether to put note, rescind
18:00:24 [noah]
ACTION-711?
18:00:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-711 -- Peter Linss to report on CSS WG plans for documenting policies relating to deployment and withdrawal of vendor-prefixed identifiers -- due 2012-08-22 -- OPEN
18:00:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/711
18:00:48 [Larry]
+1 to talk about this
18:00:57 [noah]
NM: I'm inclined to discuss at F2F. What do you all think?
18:00:58 [Larry]
i haven't given up on the extensibility work, just put it off
18:01:34 [noah]
ACTION: Noah to schedule discussion of vendor prefixes (ACTION-711) at F2F - Due 2012-09-20
18:01:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-734 - schedule discussion of vendor prefixes (ACTION-711) at F2F [on Noah Mendelsohn - due 2012-09-20].
18:01:52 [noah]
ACTION-711 Due 2012-09-11
18:01:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-711 report on CSS WG plans for documenting policies relating to deployment and withdrawal of vendor-prefixed identifiers due date now 2012-09-11
18:01:59 [noah]
ACTION-606?
18:01:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-606 -- Peter Linss to invite I18N and other concerned groups to provide written technical input as prep to discussion with the TAG regarding unicode normalization -- due 2012-06-12 -- OPEN
18:01:59 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/606
18:02:14 [noah]
ACTION-606 Due 2012-10-31
18:02:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-606 Invite I18N and other concerned groups to provide written technical input as prep to discussion with the TAG regarding unicode normalization due date now 2012-10-31
18:02:25 [noah]
ACTION-718
18:02:27 [noah]
ACTION-718?
18:02:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-718 -- Ashok Malhotra to propose goals and success critera for TAG work on architectural issues relating to storage sync, linked data, etc. -- due 2012-08-15 -- OPEN
18:02:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/718
18:02:41 [noah]
ACTION-718 Due 2012-09-11
18:02:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-718 Propose goals and success critera for TAG work on architectural issues relating to storage sync, linked data, etc. due date now 2012-09-11
18:03:02 [noah]
ACTION-714?
18:03:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-714 -- Noah Mendelsohn to communicate that tThe TAG thinks the W3C should have a working group working on Privacy, with scope to include the area covered by the "Some Patterns..." document currently under development in the TAG -- due 2012-06-19 -- OPEN
18:03:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/714
18:03:16 [noah]
ACTION-714 Due 2012-09-11
18:03:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-714 Communicate that tThe TAG thinks the W3C should have a working group working on Privacy, with scope to include the area covered by the "Some Patterns..." document currently under development in the TAG due date now 2012-09-11
18:03:26 [noah]
ACTION-695?
18:03:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-695 -- Jonathan Rees to check with Thomas Roessler on whether security review of CORS is coming up in W3C/IETF liaison -- due 2012-08-14 -- OPEN
18:03:26 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/695
18:03:55 [noah]
JAR: I think Thomas think's it's getting good review
18:04:16 [Larry]
I was trying to take on the bigger picture in "governanceFramework"
18:04:36 [noah]
From JAR's notes in the action:
18:04:37 [noah]
Thomas pointed me at these reviews:
18:04:37 [noah]
Mark Nottingham http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/0643.html
18:04:37 [noah]
Jeff Hodges http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2012May/0006.html
18:04:37 [noah]
KU Leuven https://distrinet.cs.kuleuven.be/projects/HTML5-security/
18:05:34 [Zakim]
-ht
18:07:23 [noah]
ACTION-695 Due 2012-09-11
18:07:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-695 Check with Thomas Roessler on whether security review of CORS is coming up in W3C/IETF liaison due date now 2012-09-11
18:07:55 [noah]
ACTION-725?
18:07:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-725 -- Jeni Tennison to with help from Peter, to create big picture overview coming out of analysis of TAG effectiveness -- due 2012-06-21 -- OPEN
18:07:55 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/725
18:08:27 [noah]
ACTION-672?
18:08:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-672 -- Jeni Tennison to work with PLH to create W3C-sponsored registry of HTML extensions, and get that referenced from HTML media type registration, per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Jan/0048.html -- due 2012-05-29 -- OPEN
18:08:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/672
18:08:32 [Larry]
Did the AB have an action here?
18:10:44 [noah]
ACTION: Yves to check on AB interest in TAG effectiveness
18:10:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-735 - Check on AB interest in TAG effectiveness [on Yves Lafon - due 2012-09-06].
18:10:47 [Larry]
I'm happy we have two FPWDs
18:12:44 [noah]
ACTION-725?
18:12:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-725 -- Jeni Tennison to with help from Peter, to create big picture overview coming out of analysis of TAG effectiveness -- due 2012-06-21 -- OPEN
18:12:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/725
18:13:13 [Yves]
Topic: Open actions
18:13:34 [noah]
ACTION-710?
18:13:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-710 -- Larry Masinter to keep an eye on issues relating to CA infrastructure weakness, including DANE -- due 2012-09-01 -- OPEN
18:13:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/710
18:14:04 [noah]
LM: No news now, not much hope of news soon.
18:14:36 [noah]
NM: So, probably continue action, but not F2F
18:14:51 [noah]
ACTION-710 Due 2012-12-01
18:14:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-710 keep an eye on issues relating to CA infrastructure weakness, including DANE due date now 2012-12-01
18:15:07 [noah]
ACTION-704?
18:15:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-704 -- Jonathan Rees to with help from Jeni and Henry to try to identify next steps for moving forward on httpRange-14 -- due 2012-09-17 -- OPEN
18:15:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/704
18:16:15 [noah]
ACTION-724?
18:16:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-724 -- Henry Thompson to investigate possible TAG efforts on URI scheme proliferation and extension points -- due 2012-08-01 -- OPEN
18:16:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/724
18:16:38 [noah]
NM: I'm tempted to schedule this for F2F discussion
18:16:43 [Larry]
I'd question what the problem is
18:17:10 [Larry]
I could lead a review of urireg document
18:17:47 [Larry]
web+
18:17:50 [noah]
I'm thinking of web+XXXXX
18:18:03 [noah]
F2F discussion?
18:18:09 [jar]
The question is which extension point to choose as a function of circumstances (I think). URI, media type, fragid, domain name, .well-known, etc
18:18:10 [noah]
hmm..no opinions
18:18:38 [Larry]
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-4395bis-irireg-04
18:18:55 [noah]
ACTION: Noah to prod Henry on ACTION-724 for F2F
18:18:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-736 - Prod Henry on ACTION-724 for F2F [on Noah Mendelsohn - due 2012-09-06].
18:19:03 [jar]
jar has left #tagmem
18:19:16 [Larry]
if it's on the agenda, i'd include the that
18:19:20 [jar]
jar has joined #tagmem
18:19:43 [jar]
rrsagent, pointer?
18:19:43 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2012/08/30-tagmem-irc#T18-19-43
18:20:26 [noah]
https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
18:20:38 [Larry]
I should have a new version of publishing in an hour
18:21:36 [Larry]
I got rid of most of the uses of 'resource'
18:21:38 [noah]
ACTION: Yves on Tuesday 4 Sept, if no objections, publish FPWD on Publishing and Linking
18:21:39 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-737 - On Tuesday 4 Sept, if no objections, publish FPWD on Publishing and Linking [on Yves Lafon - due 2012-09-06].
18:22:04 [Yves]
ADJOURNED
18:22:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/30-tagmem-minutes.html Yves
18:22:12 [Zakim]
-Noah_Mendelsohn
18:22:17 [Zakim]
-Jonathan_Rees
18:22:18 [Zakim]
-Yves
18:22:32 [Zakim]
-TimBL
18:23:46 [Zakim]
-Masinter
18:23:47 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()1:00PM has ended
18:23:47 [Zakim]
Attendees were Masinter, Noah_Mendelsohn, Yves, ht, Jonathan_Rees, TimBL
18:37:32 [darobin]
darobin has joined #tagmem
18:49:28 [Larry]
hey Robin
19:33:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tagmem
20:42:42 [darobin]
darobin has joined #tagmem