IRC log of rd on 2012-08-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:25:32 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
13:25:32 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/08/22-rd-irc
13:25:34 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:25:36 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:25:36 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
13:25:37 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:25:37 [trackbot]
Date: 22 August 2012
13:27:08 [shawn]
shawn has joined #rd
13:27:09 [klaus]
klaus has joined #rd
13:27:33 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has now started
13:27:40 [Zakim]
+??P2
13:28:14 [shadi]
regrets: Yeliz, Vivienne, Markel
13:28:16 [annika]
annika has joined #rd
13:28:53 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:29:03 [Zakim]
+??P3
13:29:07 [shawn]
zakim, code?
13:29:07 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), shawn
13:29:47 [shawn]
zakim, call shawn-HOU
13:29:47 [Zakim]
ok, shawn; the call is being made
13:29:49 [Zakim]
+Shawn
13:29:56 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
13:29:56 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
13:30:15 [klaus]
zakim, ??P2 is me
13:30:15 [Zakim]
+klaus; got it
13:30:22 [Yehya]
Yehya has joined #rd
13:30:23 [Luz_]
Luz_ has joined #rd
13:30:47 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
13:30:51 [Luz_]
,??p3 is me
13:31:01 [shadi]
zakim
13:31:29 [sharper]
sharper has joined #rd
13:31:29 [Luz_]
zakim, ??p3 is me
13:31:29 [Zakim]
+Luz_; got it
13:31:45 [sharper]
trackbot, start meeting
13:31:45 [sharper]
zakim, please clear the agenda
13:31:45 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
13:31:47 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:31:49 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:31:49 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start now
13:31:50 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:31:50 [trackbot]
Date: 22 August 2012
13:31:51 [shawn]
zakim, unmute me
13:31:51 [Zakim]
sorry, shawn, I don't know what conference this is
13:31:56 [Yehya]
zakim, +Klaus/Johannes/Thomas is Yehya
13:31:56 [Zakim]
sorry, Yehya, I do not recognize a party named '+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas'
13:32:00 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
13:32:00 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
13:32:09 [sharper]
Chair: Harper_Simon
13:32:09 [sharper]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments) [sharper]
13:32:09 [sharper]
Agenda+ TC Call Release Status [shawn]
13:32:09 [sharper]
Agenda+ E2R CfP Discussion (25m) - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Topic_4_pre-call [klaus]
13:32:10 [sharper]
Agenda+ TC and E2R (10m) [shawn]
13:32:10 [sharper]
Agenda+ Metrics W3C Note Status (5m) [shadi]
13:32:11 [sharper]
Agenda+ Next Topic Discussions (10m) [all]
13:32:13 [sharper]
Agenda+ Issues and Actions (Standing Item): https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/ [sharper]
13:32:15 [sharper]
Agenda+ Any Other Business (Standing Item) [sharper]
13:32:17 [Luz_]
zakim, mute me
13:32:17 [Zakim]
Luz_ should now be muted
13:32:17 [sharper]
zakim, save agenda
13:32:18 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
13:32:22 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
13:32:23 [Zakim]
ok, sharper, the agenda has been written to http://www.w3.org/2012/08/22-rd-agenda.rdf
13:32:23 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
13:32:24 [Zakim]
Shawn was already muted, shawn
13:32:24 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 1
13:32:24 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
13:32:27 [Zakim]
+??P5
13:32:30 [sharper]
rrsagent, make logs public
13:32:31 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:32:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/22-rd-minutes.html sharper
13:32:38 [Yehya]
zakim, Klaus/Johannes/Thomas is Yehya
13:32:39 [Zakim]
+Yehya; got it
13:32:44 [sharper]
regrets+ Vigo_Markel
13:32:54 [sharper]
regrets+ Yesilada_Yeliz
13:33:04 [sharper]
regrets+ Conway_Vivienne
13:33:23 [sharper]
regrets+ Brajnik_Giorgio
13:33:26 [annika]
zakim, ??p5 is me
13:33:26 [Zakim]
+annika; got it
13:33:51 [sharper]
regrets+ Brown_Justin
13:34:39 [Zakim]
+??P1
13:34:40 [Zakim]
+??P0
13:34:55 [annika]
zakim, mute me
13:34:55 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
13:34:57 [sharper]
zakim, ??P0 is sharper
13:34:57 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
13:35:11 [shadi]
zakim, ??p1 is Kerstin
13:35:11 [Zakim]
+Kerstin; got it
13:35:15 [peter]
peter has joined #rd
13:36:54 [shawn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:36:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see klaus (muted), Shadi, Luz_ (muted), Shawn (muted), Yehya, annika (muted), Kerstin, sharper
13:36:57 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:36:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see klaus (muted), Shadi, Luz_ (muted), Shawn (muted), Yehya, annika (muted), Kerstin, sharper
13:37:00 [Zakim]
+??P7
13:37:10 [peter]
Zakim, ??p7 is me
13:37:10 [Zakim]
+peter; got it
13:37:48 [peter]
Zakim, mute me
13:37:48 [Zakim]
peter should now be muted
13:38:13 [klaus]
zakim, unmute me
13:38:13 [Zakim]
klaus should no longer be muted
13:38:33 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
13:38:33 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
13:38:48 [Luz_]
zakim, unmute me
13:38:48 [Zakim]
Luz_ should no longer be muted
13:39:01 [shawn]
zakim, ack me
13:39:01 [Zakim]
unmuting Shawn
13:39:02 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
13:39:15 [peter]
(who are we introducing ourselves to? :)
13:39:21 [Luz_]
Zakim, mute me
13:39:21 [Zakim]
Luz_ should now be muted
13:39:29 [peter]
oh annika - right got it
13:39:33 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
13:39:33 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
13:39:40 [shadi]
annika and kerstin, our newest members
13:40:27 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:40:27 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:40:37 [shadi]
scribe: Yehya
13:40:43 [shawn]
ack me
13:40:44 [shawn]
distributing the Call for Papers: Text Customization for Readability
13:40:45 [Yehya]
Item 2
13:40:54 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:40:54 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "TC Call Release Status" taken up [from shawn via sharper]
13:40:57 [shawn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2012Aug/0031.html
13:41:19 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Distribution_Lists
13:41:33 [Yehya]
Shawn: next step to get wide distribution
13:42:01 [Yehya]
Shawn: how to allocate responsibility? How to record what has been done?
13:42:45 [klaus]
zakim, unmute me
13:42:45 [Zakim]
klaus should no longer be muted
13:43:06 [Yehya]
Simon: asked klaus, if he can distibute to lists?
13:43:35 [Yehya]
Klaus: I will chekc tomorrow if I can send Info's to more lists
13:43:50 [shadi]
ack me
13:44:16 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
13:44:16 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
13:44:16 [Yehya]
Simon: WAI-ACT list, if Shadi can send infos to it?
13:44:26 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:44:26 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:44:48 [Yehya]
Simon: WAI interest group?
13:45:08 [peter]
Table sounds easiest
13:45:08 [klaus]
+1
13:45:12 [peter]
especially to eke a record
13:45:13 [Yehya]
Shawn: should we add a column to the table on what has been done and what is still open?
13:45:19 [peter]
I can
13:45:37 [Yehya]
Peter: will modify the table.
13:45:46 [peter]
:)
13:46:25 [Yehya]
Simon: will sombody send to BCI and BCI HCI? Shawn will tacle this
13:47:01 [Yehya]
Shawn: WEBAIM will ask somebody to send infos to it
13:47:53 [Yehya]
Simon: Interaction design . org - should we ask them to distribute?
13:48:02 [shadi]
ack me
13:48:17 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:48:17 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:48:33 [Yehya]
q+
13:48:38 [klaus]
queue+
13:48:56 [shadi]
+1
13:48:59 [shadi]
ack me
13:49:18 [sharper]
ack y
13:49:18 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:49:19 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:49:20 [klaus]
zakim, unmute me
13:49:20 [Zakim]
klaus should no longer be muted
13:49:22 [sharper]
ack k
13:49:32 [Yehya]
Yehya: I will send the information to w3-wai-de mailing list (German)
13:50:00 [Yehya]
Klaus: When should we send as the next call will be next week?
13:50:25 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
13:50:25 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
13:50:29 [Yehya]
Simon: suggests to send them now, so people has time to react
13:51:39 [shadi]
ack me
13:51:46 [Yehya]
Sahwn: Any suggestions for more lists? To avoid sending duplicates
13:52:09 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:52:09 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:52:20 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
13:52:20 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
13:52:38 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:52:38 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
13:52:44 [Yehya]
Simon: next agenda item
13:52:47 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
13:52:47 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "E2R CfP Discussion (25m) - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Topic_4_pre-call" taken up [from klaus via sharper]
13:53:07 [klaus]
zakim, unmute me
13:53:07 [Zakim]
klaus should no longer be muted
13:53:16 [Yehya]
Simon: This has been changed over the last week. It should be in a good status
13:53:32 [shawn]
s/Sahwn: Any suggestions for more lists? To avoid sending duplicates/Shawn: Conclusion is: everyone encouraged to send CfP e-mail anywhere appropriate. Check table first to make sure not duplicating - and add yours to table so others don't duplicate. Thanks!/
13:54:27 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
13:54:27 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
13:54:32 [Yehya]
Klaus: Thanks to contributors. Please send more feedback. If any of the group would volunteer to help in the procedures. Final feedback required to complete
13:54:51 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Topic_4_pre-call#Call_for_Papers:_Easy_to_Read_on_the_Web_.28e-mail.29
13:54:58 [Yehya]
Simon: e-mail part of the easy to read
13:55:11 [Yehya]
Simon: Any comments on this?
13:55:54 [Yehya]
Kerstin: It is in a good quality as it is.
13:56:46 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Topic_4_pre-call#Call_for_Papers:_Easy_to_Read_on_the_Web
13:57:49 [shadi]
much better!
13:57:50 [Yehya]
Simon: Any more comments?
13:58:06 [peter]
+1
13:58:24 [shawn]
[ /me admits to not having read the updated version :-(]
13:58:25 [Yehya]
Kerstin: list of topics is detailed and ready to invite people.
13:59:07 [shadi]
q+
13:59:08 [Yehya]
Kerstin: We should invite people to contribute to the core topics and then to the additional topics
13:59:10 [Luz_]
q+
13:59:16 [shadi]
ack me
13:59:23 [sharper]
ack luz
13:59:27 [Luz_]
zakim, unmute me
13:59:27 [Zakim]
Luz_ was not muted, Luz_
14:00:19 [klaus]
zakim, unmute me
14:00:19 [Zakim]
klaus should no longer be muted
14:00:38 [Yehya]
Luz: Are we inviting people to contribute with implementation topics e.g. automatic processing
14:00:59 [shawn]
q+ to comment on "problems", e.g., in "vision problems, dyslexia or other problems impacting on reading"
14:01:12 [shadi]
q+
14:01:17 [Luz_]
Thank you for the explanation.
14:01:21 [Yehya]
Klaus: it was more clearly inside the call, it is now under language technology - As we agreed that we focus on the basics of the field
14:01:23 [shawn]
ack me
14:01:24 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to comment on "problems", e.g., in "vision problems, dyslexia or other problems impacting on reading"
14:02:12 [Yehya]
Shawn: The use of the word "Problem" - We should better use disability, impairment ...
14:03:36 [Yehya]
Klaus: I changed the text in the last days - May be it is only in the text customization part - The word "problem" will be changed accordingly
14:03:47 [sharper]
ack sh
14:03:47 [shadi]
ack me
14:04:33 [Luz_]
Yes
14:04:36 [Yehya]
Shadi: the word "visaualy handicapped" people needs to be fixed as well.
14:06:14 [Yehya]
Shadi: We should add few more buzzwords people may be looking for. Background and priorities are mismatched
14:06:15 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
14:06:15 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
14:06:18 [annika]
q+
14:06:22 [annika]
ack me
14:06:37 [Luz_]
Agree with Shadi.
14:07:22 [Yehya]
Annika: Regrading language technologies: In the core topics it could be made more ecplicit
14:07:22 [annika]
Zakim, mute me
14:07:22 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
14:08:36 [Yehya]
Simon: How you feel about the background text?
14:08:51 [peter]
(ps: tables updated http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Distribution_Lists)
14:08:55 [shawn]
[ /me checks wording in tc4r - doesn't find in "problems" anywhere https://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.w3.org/wai/rd+%22people+with+vision+problems%22 ]
14:09:06 [Yehya]
Klaus: This difficult to do in the teleco. I will discuss it with Shadi tomorrow
14:09:06 [shadi]
q+
14:09:10 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
14:09:10 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
14:09:17 [sharper]
ack sh
14:09:19 [shadi]
ack me
14:10:55 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
14:10:55 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
14:11:00 [Yehya]
Shadi: The focus is now much clear. Making things more explicit would make readibility much better. The group should check the text again e.g. the list of topics. The editorial refinement could be made offline
14:11:03 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
14:11:03 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
14:11:42 [shadi]
ack me
14:12:00 [annika]
q+
14:12:11 [annika]
ack me
14:12:12 [sharper]
ack ann
14:12:21 [Yehya]
Shadi: Is there a core topic, which should not be there. Or is there a topic which should be there
14:13:21 [Yehya]
Kerstin: Internationalization - Plain language vs. indivualized may be confusing how they relate to each other
14:13:22 [klaus]
zakim, unmute me
14:13:22 [Zakim]
klaus should no longer be muted
14:13:34 [shadi]
s/Kerstin:/Annika:
14:13:46 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
14:13:46 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
14:14:29 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Topic_4_pre-call#Easy_to_Read_.28main_page.29
14:14:37 [annika]
annika: overlap between main topic "Internationalisation" and additional topic "Guidance" . Both mention language level versus an individual adaptation.
14:14:40 [Yehya]
Simon: move to Easy to read main page
14:14:51 [shawn]
q+ to note overlap
14:14:53 [Yehya]
Simon: Any changes required?
14:15:34 [peter]
looks good in my opinion (after another quick skim :)
14:15:39 [annika]
Zakim, mute me
14:15:39 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
14:15:47 [shawn]
ack me
14:15:48 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to note overlap
14:16:17 [peter]
Would it help to separate the pages?
14:16:30 [klaus]
zakim, unmute me
14:16:31 [Zakim]
klaus should no longer be muted
14:16:36 [shadi]
[[recommend looking at http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2012/text-customization/]]
14:16:41 [shadi]
q+
14:16:45 [shadi]
ack me
14:16:47 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
14:16:47 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
14:17:50 [peter]
q+
14:18:06 [shawn]
[ Shawn agrees - the main web page will live on after the symposium; whereas the Call for Papers web page is mostly for submitters, and will get little attention after the deadline]
14:18:12 [peter]
ack me
14:18:15 [Yehya]
Shadi: In the official symposium page, there is some level of overlap, as well on the main page their is a certain level of overlap, but it is reasonable
14:18:18 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
14:18:18 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
14:18:21 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
14:18:21 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
14:18:47 [peter]
Zakim, mute me
14:18:47 [Zakim]
peter should now be muted
14:19:23 [shawn]
zakim, mute peter
14:19:23 [Zakim]
peter was already muted, shawn
14:19:35 [peter]
right, good point (better to not even add more complexity at this point)
14:20:27 [Yehya]
Simon: move to topic 5
14:20:46 [klaus]
colleagues, am sorry but have to run for an other meeting - will look at minutes!
14:20:58 [Zakim]
-klaus
14:21:03 [shawn]
q+
14:21:09 [shadi]
q+
14:21:13 [sharper]
ack sh
14:21:13 [shawn]
ack me
14:21:14 [Yehya]
Simon: Is the call of papers as is okay?
14:21:54 [Yehya]
Shawn: I will be on vacation, somebody else should volunteer for the editting stuff
14:21:56 [peter]
zakim, mute me
14:21:56 [Zakim]
peter was already muted, peter
14:22:02 [shadi]
ack me
14:23:00 [shawn]
s/I will be on vacation, somebody else should volunteer for the editting stuff /I am on vacation. Need someone else to take a copyedit pass through it all. /
14:23:06 [Yehya]
Shadi: The e-mail part is fine so far apart from the copy/edit as Shawn mentioned
14:23:37 [Yehya]
Simon: revisit this until next week, where it should get going
14:24:56 [Yehya]
Simon: copy editing will be put on the agenda for next week
14:24:59 [shawn]
ack me
14:25:09 [shadi]
agenda?
14:25:37 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
14:25:37 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
14:25:45 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 5
14:25:45 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Metrics W3C Note Status (5m) " taken up [from shadi via sharper]
14:25:51 [shadi]
ack me
14:25:59 [Yehya]
Simon: next item Metrics Note Status
14:26:40 [Yehya]
Shadi: this week no publication is going out. We can aim for publishing next week. I will send an e-mail accordingly
14:27:04 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 6
14:27:04 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Next Topic Discussions (10m)" taken up [from all via sharper]
14:27:07 [shadi]
q+
14:27:11 [shadi]
ack me
14:27:11 [Yehya]
Simon: We should think about the next topic?
14:27:17 [sharper]
ack sha
14:28:01 [Yehya]
Shadi: Klaus and his team added new topics to the WIKI - May be there will be additional stuff to lookmat in the next weeks
14:28:43 [peter]
gloriously!
14:28:56 [Yehya]
Shadi: how is the mobile note going?
14:30:16 [shadi]
q+
14:30:26 [shadi]
ack me
14:30:26 [Yehya]
Simon: We are in the process of adding the answers to the appendix - Discussions about the mobile roadmap will be initiated
14:30:28 [sharper]
ack sha
14:31:06 [shawn]
fyi, EOWG work on mobile messaging: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/Main_Page#Mobile_stuff
14:31:38 [peter]
bye everyone
14:31:45 [annika]
bye bye
14:31:47 [Luz_]
Bye everyone
14:31:49 [Zakim]
-Yehya
14:31:50 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:31:52 [Zakim]
-Kerstin
14:31:53 [Zakim]
-peter
14:31:55 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:31:55 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:31:55 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Shadi, Shawn, klaus, Luz_, Yehya, annika, sharper, Kerstin, peter
14:31:57 [Zakim]
-annika
14:31:58 [Zakim]
-sharper
14:32:03 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:32:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/22-rd-minutes.html trackbot
14:32:04 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:32:04 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items
14:32:06 [Zakim]
-Luz_