IRC log of dap on 2012-08-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:10:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:10:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-dap-irc
13:10:43 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:10:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:10:45 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:10:45 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 50 minutes
13:10:46 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
13:10:46 [trackbot]
Date: 15 August 2012
13:11:30 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/0027.html
13:12:56 [fjh]
Chair: Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:13:09 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:21:38 [Josh_Soref]
Scribe: Josh_Soref
13:21:45 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:21:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
13:22:01 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:25:57 [fjh]
t imderstamd. we javem
13:26:47 [fjh]
s/O dpm//
13:27:00 [fjh]
s/t imderstamd. we javem//
13:52:43 [glenn]
glenn has joined #dap
13:58:16 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:58:23 [Zakim]
+Josh_Soref
13:58:37 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute me
13:58:37 [Zakim]
sorry, Josh_Soref, muting is not permitted when only one person is present
13:59:31 [Jungkee]
Jungkee has joined #dap
13:59:42 [Zakim]
+ +1.858.651.aaaa
13:59:46 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute me
13:59:46 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should now be muted
13:59:48 [Jungkee]
Present+ Jungkee_Song
14:00:04 [gmandyam]
gmandyam has joined #dap
14:00:49 [Zakim]
+??P22
14:00:52 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:00:54 [fjh]
zakim, ??P22 is me
14:00:54 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
14:01:00 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, aaaa is Jungkee_Song
14:01:00 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'aaaa is Jungkee_Song', Josh_Soref. Try /msg RRSAgent help
14:01:08 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call?
14:01:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref (muted), +1.858.651.aaaa, fjh
14:01:13 [fjh]
s/Chair: Robin_Berjon,/Chair: /
14:01:15 [Zakim]
+??P24
14:01:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.266.aabb
14:01:26 [Cathy]
zakim, aabb is me
14:01:26 [Zakim]
+Cathy; got it
14:01:32 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, where is +1858?
14:01:33 [Jungkee]
zakim, ??P24 is me
14:01:33 [Zakim]
North American dialing code 1.858 is California
14:01:33 [Zakim]
+Jungkee; got it
14:01:33 [gmandyam]
Hello from Giri Mandyam, Qualcomm Innovation Center
14:01:34 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:01:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref (muted), +1.858.651.aaaa, fjh, Jungkee, Cathy
14:01:37 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy, gmandyam, Jungkee, Zakim, RRSAgent, darobin, fjh, Josh_Soref, richt, hiroto_away, mounir, tobie, slightlyoff, trackbot, dom
14:01:50 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aaaa is gmandyam
14:01:50 [Zakim]
+gmandyam; got it
14:01:55 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute Jungkee
14:01:55 [Zakim]
Jungkee should now be muted
14:02:02 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, whois making noise
14:02:02 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'whois making noise', Josh_Soref
14:02:08 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is making noise?
14:02:10 [fjh]
Regrets+ Robin_Berjon, Dave_Raggett
14:02:18 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: fjh (14%)
14:03:34 [fjh]
Regrets+ Claes _Nilsson
14:05:56 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is making noise?
14:06:08 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
14:06:27 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:06:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref (muted), gmandyam, fjh, Jungkee (muted), Cathy
14:06:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy, gmandyam, Jungkee, Zakim, RRSAgent, darobin, fjh, Josh_Soref, richt, hiroto_away, mounir, tobie, slightlyoff, trackbot, dom
14:08:08 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Administrative
14:08:18 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:08:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:08:20 [fjh]
"Ambient light events" FPWD published, http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-ambient-light-20120802/
14:08:29 [fjh]
Discussion of moving tests to Github, comments to public-test-infra@w3.org, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/0021.html
14:09:18 [fjh]
concrete suggestion to use wg name and shortname, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/0036.html
14:09:41 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Minutes approval
14:09:49 [fjh]
Approve minutes from 25 July 2012
14:09:49 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/att-0019/minutes-2012-07-25.html
14:09:55 [Josh_Soref]
proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 25 July 2012 are approved.
14:10:02 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 25 July 2012 are approved.
14:10:06 [fjh]
Approve minutes from 1 August 2012
14:10:06 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/att-0018/minutes-2012-08-01.html
14:10:15 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 1 August 2012 are approved.
14:10:21 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: HTML Media Capture Last Call
14:10:25 [fjh]
Last Call Comments from "Protocols and Formats" WG, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/0026.html
14:10:25 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-html-media-capture-20120712/
14:10:25 [fjh]
Last Call review period ended 9 August 2012
14:10:57 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: PF WG had a comment
14:11:06 [Josh_Soref]
... about what if the device isn't present
14:11:18 [Josh_Soref]
... we need to explicitly say fallback to file
14:11:21 [Josh_Soref]
q+ to debate
14:11:31 [Josh_Soref]
... we also don't say about security for turn on the mic
14:11:40 [Josh_Soref]
... i think it's implicit, and easily addressed
14:11:54 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, ack me
14:11:54 [Zakim]
unmuting Josh_Soref
14:11:55 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, you wanted to debate
14:11:55 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
14:12:38 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: it shouldn't just fallback to <file>
14:12:56 [Josh_Soref]
... it should allow the UA to decide to let the user select another thing
14:13:12 [Josh_Soref]
... such as providing a microphone input or a file
14:13:15 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i agree,
14:13:19 [Josh_Soref]
... but we need to put something in the doc
14:13:27 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: yes, we need something for the doc
14:14:04 [fjh]
action: josh_soref to propose text for HTML Media Capture to allow for alternative capture device if specified device not available
14:14:04 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - josh_soref
14:14:24 [fjh]
action: josh to propose text for HTML Media Capture to allow for alternative capture device if specified device not available
14:14:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-565 - Propose text for HTML Media Capture to allow for alternative capture device if specified device not available [on Josh Soref - due 2012-08-22].
14:14:38 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute me
14:14:38 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should now be muted
14:14:47 [fjh]
action: fjh to propose security text for HTML Media Capture to address LC comment
14:14:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-566 - Propose security text for HTML Media Capture to address LC comment [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-08-22].
14:15:09 [fjh]
Robin has action to enter LC comments into LC tracker
14:15:14 [fjh]
but I can do it if useful
14:15:45 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Networked Service Discovery and Messaging FPWD comments
14:15:56 [fjh]
"Networked Service Discovery and Messaging" FPWD published, http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-discovery-api-20120807/
14:15:57 [fjh]
General comments, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/0016.html (Cathy)
14:15:57 [fjh]
UPnP-specific comments: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/0017.html (Cathy)
14:15:57 [fjh]
Additional general comments: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/0025.html (Eyal)
14:15:57 [fjh]
Security & privacy considerations http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/0015.html (Frederick, Robin)
14:16:08 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: Cathy, thanks for your very detailed comments
14:16:12 [Josh_Soref]
... i think they're very useful
14:16:22 [Josh_Soref]
Cathy: i got a message from richt that they're working on the feedback
14:16:37 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:16:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref (muted), gmandyam, fjh, Jungkee (muted), Cathy
14:16:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy, gmandyam, Jungkee, Zakim, RRSAgent, darobin, fjh, Josh_Soref, richt, hiroto_away, mounir, tobie, slightlyoff, trackbot, dom
14:16:44 [Josh_Soref]
... i expect them to have a new version, this week or next week
14:17:20 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: it would help if richt indicated which comments he's addressed
14:17:25 [Josh_Soref]
... so we know what's open/what's done
14:17:46 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: WebIntents DAP Action Review
14:18:06 [fjh]
ACTION-514?
14:18:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-514 -- Robin Berjon to talk to the Web Schema group about using schema.org nouns for Intents -- due 2012-07-18 -- OPEN
14:18:06 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/514
14:18:35 [fjh]
I think robin did this, but need to confirm
14:18:41 [fjh]
ACTION-516?
14:18:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-516 -- Josh Soref to propose Security Considerations section on SSL for Intents sepc -- due 2012-07-18 -- OPEN
14:18:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/516
14:18:56 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: i do, maybe i can do that today...
14:19:19 [fjh]
ACTION-550?
14:19:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-550 -- James Hawkins to add event for on load to webintents spec -- due 2012-07-17 -- OPEN
14:19:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/550
14:19:27 [fjh]
not clear of status
14:19:34 [fjh]
ACTION-551?
14:19:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-551 -- James Hawkins to share proposal on list to handle dynamic insertion/removal etc of <intent> tags -- due 2012-07-17 -- OPEN
14:19:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/551
14:19:50 [fjh]
ACTION-552?
14:19:50 [trackbot]
ACTION-552 -- Robin Berjon to send some spec text for the way that extras work -- due 2012-07-17 -- OPEN
14:19:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/552
14:20:00 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: there's been a discussion about work between DAP/Intents/HTML
14:20:10 [fjh]
ACTION-555?
14:20:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-555 -- Claes Nilsson to add mDNS adaption to the 'Web Intents Addendum - Local Services' specification for feature completion and before FPWD -- due 2012-08-15 -- OPEN
14:20:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/555
14:20:10 [Josh_Soref]
... dom, i think you're back from vacation
14:20:45 [fjh]
new version available with these changes, update in progress
14:21:19 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/0035.html
14:21:44 [fjh]
ACTION-556?
14:21:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-556 -- Robin Berjon to set up test repository with example, docs, manifest generation for Web Intents -- due 2012-07-18 -- OPEN
14:21:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/556
14:21:53 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:21:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:22:09 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:22:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:22:17 [fjh]
Topic: Additional Action review
14:22:21 [fjh]
ACTION-474?
14:22:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-474 -- Adrian Bateman to make a proposal for Network Information API -- due 2012-10-15 -- OPEN
14:22:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/474
14:22:42 [fjh]
ACTION-558?
14:22:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-558 -- Robin Berjon to draft a proposal for stills capture for gUM -- due 2012-07-18 -- OPEN
14:22:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/558
14:22:55 [Josh_Soref]
s|s/O dpm//||
14:22:58 [fjh]
is this in a task force discussion?
14:23:09 [fjh]
ACTION_561?
14:23:14 [fjh]
ACTION-561?
14:23:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-561 -- Richard Tibbett to produce a proposal draft for a StreamRecorder API -- due 2012-07-27 -- OPEN
14:23:14 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/561
14:23:28 [fjh]
cannot discuss as those with actions not here
14:23:38 [Josh_Soref]
i/Minutes approval/fjh: I just saw that github doesn't support subdirectories - so w3c-dap-thingname is the style we'll probably have/
14:23:49 [fjh]
s|ACTION_561?||
14:23:54 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Other Business
14:23:59 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, unmute me
14:23:59 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should no longer be muted
14:25:46 [fjh]
Apps World Europe, http://www.apps-world.net/europe/index.php
14:26:05 [fjh]
2-3 October, London
14:26:24 [fjh]
josh_soref: announces this conference, does anyone have any more details about it?
14:26:32 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: that's listed on http://www.w3.org/participate/eventscal.html as a W3C endorsed conference
14:26:40 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: plh is in a panel
14:27:43 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: as usual, we will cancel calls if there's nothing to do
14:28:02 [Josh_Soref]
... thanks all
14:28:07 [Josh_Soref]
... see people next week, unless we don't
14:28:13 [Josh_Soref]
... please remember to register for tpac
14:28:51 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, unmute me
14:28:51 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref was not muted, Josh_Soref
14:29:02 [fjh]
Here is the link for TPAC http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/Overview.html
14:29:16 [fjh]
F2F is 1-2 for DAP F2F
14:29:49 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:29:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:29:53 [fjh]
s/F2F is 1-2 for DAP F2F/DAP F2F is 1-2 November during TPAC, please remember to register, payment deadline, hotel and travel/
14:30:11 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: please remember to register, and pay the fee to w3
14:30:18 [Josh_Soref]
... and before the deadline or prices go up
14:30:25 [Josh_Soref]
... and don't forget to book a hotel, and travel
14:30:34 [Josh_Soref]
... Wednesday is unconference
14:30:54 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: it was listed as unconference
14:31:01 [Josh_Soref]
... and they were soliciting potential topics
14:31:41 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: thanks Josh_Soref for scribing
14:31:42 [Josh_Soref]
[ Adjourned ]
14:31:46 [Josh_Soref]
trackbot, end meeting
14:31:46 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:31:46 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Josh_Soref, +1.858.651.aaaa, fjh, +1.781.266.aabb, Cathy, Jungkee, gmandyam
14:31:49 [Zakim]
-gmandyam
14:31:49 [Zakim]
-Cathy
14:31:52 [Zakim]
-fjh
14:31:54 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:31:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-dap-minutes.html trackbot
14:31:55 [Zakim]
-Jungkee
14:31:55 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:31:55 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-dap-actions.rdf :
14:31:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: josh_soref to propose text for HTML Media Capture to allow for alternative capture device if specified device not available [1]
14:31:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-dap-irc#T14-14-04
14:31:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: josh to propose text for HTML Media Capture to allow for alternative capture device if specified device not available [2]
14:31:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-dap-irc#T14-14-24
14:31:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fjh to propose security text for HTML Media Capture to address LC comment [3]
14:31:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-dap-irc#T14-14-47