IRC log of ua on 2012-08-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:33:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ua
16:33:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/08/02-ua-irc
16:33:15 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:33:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ua
16:33:17 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_UAWG
16:33:18 [trackbot]
Meeting: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
16:33:18 [trackbot]
Date: 02 August 2012
16:33:19 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_UAWG()1:00PM scheduled to start in 27 minutes
16:34:39 [kford]
Agenda+ New 1.1.3 incorporating and adding to Jan's suggestions. from
16:34:40 [kford]
Hakkinen, Mark - Note Mark was going to update one more time from last meeting http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2012JulSep/0004.html
16:34:42 [kford]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2012JulSep/0005.html
16:34:43 [kford]
Agenda+ 1.2.2 Action-725 - Write IER for "1.2.2 Repair Missing
16:34:45 [kford]
Agenda+ Structure" (Jan)
16:34:47 [kford]
Agenda+ Action-740 Changes to 2.8 Provide toolbar configuration (Mark &
16:34:48 [kford]
Agenda+ Jaime)
16:34:50 [kford]
agenda+ 2.1.9 appears to overlap with 2.3.5 [2.3.5 looks better] Jim
16:34:52 [kford]
agenda+ Name, Role, State Proposal Action-649, Action-651
16:34:56 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:34:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/02-ua-minutes.html kford
16:37:01 [JAllan]
JAllan has joined #ua
16:37:22 [JAllan]
zakim, agenda?
16:37:22 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda:
16:37:24 [Zakim]
1. New 1.1.3 incorporating and adding to Jan's suggestions. from [from kford]
16:37:24 [Zakim]
2. 1.2.2 Action-725 - Write IER for "1.2.2 Repair Missing [from kford]
16:37:24 [Zakim]
3. Structure" (Jan) [from kford]
16:37:24 [Zakim]
4. Action-740 Changes to 2.8 Provide toolbar configuration (Mark & [from kford]
16:37:24 [Zakim]
5. Jaime) [from kford]
16:37:24 [Zakim]
6. 2.1.9 appears to overlap with 2.3.5 [2.3.5 looks better] Jim [from kford]
16:37:26 [Zakim]
7. Name, Role, State Proposal Action-649, Action-651 [from kford]
16:39:30 [JAllan]
regrets: Jaime, Mark
16:57:21 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has now started
16:57:28 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:57:39 [kford]
zakim, microsoft is kford
16:57:39 [Zakim]
+kford; got it
16:58:18 [Zakim]
+Jim_Allan
16:59:10 [Greg]
Greg has joined #ua
17:01:16 [Jan]
Jan has joined #ua
17:01:23 [Jan]
zakim, code?
17:01:23 [Zakim]
the conference code is 82941 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), Jan
17:01:24 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #ua
17:01:53 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
17:02:14 [Zakim]
+??P10
17:02:16 [JAllan]
JAllan has joined #ua
17:02:18 [Zakim]
+Greg_Lowney
17:05:14 [Jan]
zakim, ??P10 is really Jan
17:05:14 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
17:05:39 [Jan]
scribe: Jan
17:06:13 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:06:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/02-ua-minutes.html kford
17:06:24 [kford]
zakim, agenda?
17:06:25 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda:
17:06:25 [Zakim]
1. New 1.1.3 incorporating and adding to Jan's suggestions. from [from kford]
17:06:25 [Zakim]
2. 1.2.2 Action-725 - Write IER for "1.2.2 Repair Missing [from kford]
17:06:25 [Zakim]
3. Structure" (Jan) [from kford]
17:06:25 [Zakim]
4. Action-740 Changes to 2.8 Provide toolbar configuration (Mark & [from kford]
17:06:27 [Zakim]
5. Jaime) [from kford]
17:06:28 [Zakim]
6. 2.1.9 appears to overlap with 2.3.5 [2.3.5 looks better] Jim [from kford]
17:06:30 [Zakim]
7. Name, Role, State Proposal Action-649, Action-651 [from kford]
17:07:00 [kford]
Scribe: Jan
17:07:00 [Zakim]
+Kim_Patch
17:10:04 [Jan]
Chair: Kelly Ford
17:10:32 [kford]
agenda+ WAI Mobile Strategy
17:10:38 [Jan]
JS: Just came out of a WAI meeting regarding mobile....
17:10:42 [kford]
zakim, take up item 8
17:10:42 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "WAI Mobile Strategy" taken up [from kford]
17:11:05 [Jan]
JS: Idea that we might have a opportunity to address mobile in uaag
17:11:16 [kford]
JS summarizes WI strategy meeting on mobile.
17:11:24 [Jan]
JS: Strategy would be to publish to TR soon....
17:11:39 [Jan]
JS: Then to look at any gaps in mobile...
17:11:56 [Jan]
JS: And to see about working them in.
17:12:07 [Jan]
JS: But I don't have all the details
17:12:25 [Jan]
JS: We'll also be discussing in CG
17:12:47 [Jan]
KP: Maybe could beef things up by going through and making sure we have mobile examples.
17:13:09 [Jan]
JA: Also the other WG....if they find something they should let us know.
17:13:36 [Jan]
KP: Maybe that can be a way to get people to read uaag
17:13:55 [Jan]
JS: There is a Mobile Accessibility community group
17:14:32 [Jan]
JS: Also I need to turn the wiki page we made into a note etc
17:14:51 [Jan]
KP: On mobile speech, most voice rec engines are server based
17:15:01 [Jan]
KP: So can get stranded...
17:15:22 [Jan]
KP: So I've been talking to developers
17:16:01 [Jan]
KP: Apparently there is no technical reason preventing it being on phone
17:16:27 [Jan]
KP: Big issue is that when they control servers they can improve the speech
17:16:50 [Jan]
KP: Just wanted people to know its not technical, but is business issue
17:17:19 [Jan]
Greg: like the IBM-Siri issue
17:18:20 [Jan]
JS: Certainly could be problem on simpler platforms.
17:18:37 [Jan]
JA: Remarkable that mobiles have the HP to do that.
17:18:39 [kford]
zakim, close item 8
17:18:39 [Zakim]
agendum 8, WAI Mobile Strategy, closed
17:18:40 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:18:40 [Zakim]
1. New 1.1.3 incorporating and adding to Jan's suggestions. from [from kford]
17:18:48 [kford]
zakim, take up item 1
17:18:48 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "New 1.1.3 incorporating and adding to Jan's suggestions. from" taken up [from kford]
17:19:43 [Jan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2012JulSep/0029.html
17:19:46 [KimPatch]
KimPatch has joined #ua
17:20:19 [Jan]
1.1.3 Display of Time-Based Media Alternatives: For recognized on-screen alternatives for time-based media (e.g. captions, sign language video), the following are all true: (Level AA)
17:20:20 [Jan]
(a) Do Not Obscure Primary Media: The user can specify that the display of media alternatives does not obscure the primary time-based media; and
17:20:22 [Jan]
(b) Do Not Obscure Controls: The user can specify that the display of media alternatives does not obscure recognized controls for the primary time-based media; and
17:20:23 [Jan]
(c) Configurable Text: Text within media alternatives (e.g. captions) can be configured in conformance with 1.4.1; and
17:20:25 [Jan]
Note: Depending on the screen area available, the display of the primary time-based media may need to be reduced in size to meet this requirement.
17:21:36 [Jan]
1.1.X Size and Position of Time-Based Media Alternatives: The user can configure recognized on-screen alternatives for time-based media (e.g. captions, sign language video) as follows: (Level AAA)
17:21:38 [Jan]
(a) Resize: The user can resize the media alternatives up to at least the size of the primary time-based media.
17:21:39 [Jan]
(b) Reposition: The user can reposition the media alternatives to at least the top, bottom, left and right of the primary time-based media.
17:21:41 [Jan]
Note 1: Depending on the screen area available, the display of the primary time-based media may need to be reduced in size or hidden to meet this requirement.
17:21:42 [Jan]
Note 2: Implementation may involve displaying media alternatives in a separate window, but this is not required.
17:22:04 [JAllan_]
JAllan_ has joined #ua
17:23:00 [Greg]
Does "the user can specify" imply a setting that affects automatic placement, rather than manual placement, when both are acceptable?
17:23:41 [Greg]
Perhaps "The user can have".
17:24:02 [Greg]
As in "The user can have media alternatives not obscure..."
17:26:34 [Greg]
Perhaps change "text within media alternatives" to "Recognized text within media alternatives" so that text appearing, for example, in the sign language video is not counted.
17:28:24 [Jan]
1.1.3 Display of Time-Based Media Alternatives: For recognized on-screen alternatives for time-based media (e.g. captions, sign language video), the following are all true: (Level AA)
17:28:26 [Jan]
(a) Do Not Obscure Primary Media: The user can specify that the display of media alternatives does not obscure the primary time-based media; and
17:28:28 [Jan]
(b) Do Not Obscure Controls: The user can specify that the display of media alternatives does not obscure recognized controls for the primary time-based media; and
17:28:29 [Jan]
(c) Configurable Text: Recognized text within media alternatives (e.g. captions) can be configured in conformance with 1.4.1.
17:28:31 [Jan]
Note: Depending on the screen area available, the display of the primary time-based media may need to be reduced in size to meet this requirement.
17:29:08 [jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/htmldiff?doc1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FWAI%2FUA%2F2012%2FED-UAAG20-20120731%2FMasterUAAG20120731.html&doc2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FWAI%2FUA%2F2012%2FED-UAAG20-20120731%2FMasterUAAG20120802.html#def-recognize
17:30:01 [Jan]
Resolved: All accept new wording for 1.1.3 (see above) with clarification around how user can specify placement, etc. in the IER
17:30:22 [Jan]
1.1.X Size and Position of Time-Based Media Alternatives: The user can configure recognized on-screen alternatives for time-based media (e.g. captions, sign language video) as follows: (Level AAA)
17:30:24 [Jan]
(a) Resize: The user can resize the media alternatives up to at least the size of the primary time-based media.
17:30:25 [Jan]
(b) Reposition: The user can reposition the media alternatives to at least the top, bottom, left and right of the primary time-based media.
17:30:27 [Jan]
Note 1: Depending on the screen area available, the display of the primary time-based media may need to be reduced in size or hidden to meet this requirement.
17:30:28 [Jan]
Note 2: Implementation may involve displaying media alternatives in a separate window, but this is not required.
17:30:55 [Greg]
Why limit it to the size of the primary time-based media? Why not the size of the display? If the primary media is small, this would be useless.
17:33:53 [Jan]
(a) Resize: The user can resize the media alternatives up to at least the maximum size of the primary time-based media.
17:35:03 [Jan]
(a) Resize: The user can resize the media alternatives up to at least the size of the user agent's viewport.
17:35:15 [Jan]
(a) Resize: The user can resize the media alternatives up to the size of the user agent's viewport.
17:36:12 [Greg]
As long as it's AAA, why not also include positioning the alternative to overlap the primary media?
17:37:31 [Jan]
(b) Reposition: The user can reposition the media alternatives to at least the top, bottom, left, and right of the primary time-based media as well as overlaying the primary time-based media.
17:39:10 [Jan]
(b) Reposition: The user can reposition the media alternatives to at least the top, bottom, left, and right of the primary time-based media (either overlaying or not the primary time-based media).
17:39:17 [Greg]
"The user can reposition the media alternatives to at least above, below, to the right, to the left, and overlapping the primary time-based media."?
17:39:52 [Jan]
(b) Reposition: The user can reposition the media alternatives to at least above, below, to the right, to the left, and overlapping the primary time-based media.
17:40:17 [Jan]
1.1.X Size and Position of Time-Based Media Alternatives: The user can configure recognized on-screen alternatives for time-based media (e.g. captions, sign language video) as follows: (Level AAA)
17:40:19 [Jan]
(a) Resize: The user can resize the media alternatives up to the size of the user agent's viewport.
17:40:20 [Jan]
(b) Reposition: The user can reposition the media alternatives to at least above, below, to the right, to the left, and overlapping the primary time-based media.
17:40:22 [Jan]
Note 1: Depending on the screen area available, the display of the primary time-based media may need to be reduced in size or hidden to meet this requirement.
17:40:23 [Jan]
Note 2: Implementation may involve displaying media alternatives in a separate window, but this is not required.
17:40:35 [Jan]
Resolved: All accept new wording for 1.1.X (see above)
17:42:27 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:42:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/02-ua-minutes.html kford
17:44:22 [Jan]
KF: Who wants to write the IER?
17:46:37 [kford]
Note: we need to get IERs for these partly based off of Mark's original text.
17:46:56 [kford]
zakim, agenda?
17:46:56 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda:
17:46:57 [Zakim]
1. New 1.1.3 incorporating and adding to Jan's suggestions. from [from kford]
17:46:57 [Zakim]
2. 1.2.2 Action-725 - Write IER for "1.2.2 Repair Missing [from kford]
17:46:57 [Zakim]
3. Structure" (Jan) [from kford]
17:46:57 [Zakim]
4. Action-740 Changes to 2.8 Provide toolbar configuration (Mark & [from kford]
17:46:57 [Zakim]
5. Jaime) [from kford]
17:46:59 [Zakim]
6. 2.1.9 appears to overlap with 2.3.5 [2.3.5 looks better] Jim [from kford]
17:47:01 [Zakim]
7. Name, Role, State Proposal Action-649, Action-651 [from kford]
17:47:20 [kford]
zakim, close item 1
17:47:20 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, kford
17:47:32 [Jan]
ack greg
17:47:42 [kford]
q?
17:47:45 [Jan]
Zakim, close this item 1
17:47:45 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close this item 1', Jan
17:47:52 [Jan]
Zakim, close this item
17:47:52 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
17:47:53 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:47:53 [Zakim]
2. 1.2.2 Action-725 - Write IER for "1.2.2 Repair Missing [from kford]
17:47:54 [kford]
zakim, close item 1
17:47:55 [Zakim]
agendum 1, New 1.1.3 incorporating and adding to Jan's suggestions. from, closed
17:47:55 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:47:55 [Zakim]
2. 1.2.2 Action-725 - Write IER for "1.2.2 Repair Missing [from kford]
17:48:01 [Jan]
Zakim, take up next item
17:48:01 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "1.2.2 Action-725 - Write IER for "1.2.2 Repair Missing" taken up [from kford]
17:48:07 [kford]
zakim, take up item 2
17:48:07 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "1.2.2 Action-725 - Write IER for "1.2.2 Repair Missing" taken up [from kford]
17:48:38 [Jan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2012JulSep/0034.html
17:48:52 [Jan]
Intent of Success Criterion 1.2.2:
17:48:54 [Jan]
When an author has neglected to provide labels and/or headers as necessary for accessibility, the user agent can, in some cases, use heuristics to determine potential labels and/or headers from presentation attributes. Once potential headings and/or labels have been identified, the user agent can proceed (e.g. with communication via platform accessibility services) as if the relationship was...
17:48:55 [Jan]
...defined in the markup. The user must have the option to specify whether the heuristics should be applied because some users will need to experience the content as the author provided it, for example to perform evaluations.
17:52:07 [Jan]
When an author has neglected to provide labels and/or headers as necessary for accessibility, the user agent can, in some cases, use heuristics to determine potential labels and/or headers from presentation attributes. Once potential headings and/or labels have been identified, the user agent can proceed (e.g. with communication via platform accessibility services) as if the relationship was...
17:52:07 [Greg]
I think turning off heuristics because they're wrong is a more prominent accessibility issue than the need to turn it off for testing.
17:52:08 [Jan]
...defined in the markup. The user must have the option to specify whether the heuristics should be applied because some users will want to experience the content as the author provided it, for example to perform evaluations or they may find that heuristics occasionally fail.
17:53:00 [Greg]
"or when they find"?
17:54:16 [Jan]
When an author has neglected to provide labels and/or headers as necessary for accessibility, the user agent can, in some cases, use heuristics to determine potential labels and/or headers from presentation attributes. Once potential headings and/or labels have been identified, the user agent can proceed (e.g. with communication via platform accessibility services) as if the relationship was...
17:54:17 [Jan]
...defined in the markup. The user must have the option to specify whether the heuristics should be applied because some users will want to experience the content as the author provided it, for example to perform evaluations or when they find that heuristics occasionally fail.
17:54:44 [Jan]
Resolved: All accept intent text (above) for 1.2.2
17:54:58 [Jan]
Examples of Success Criterion 1.2.2:
17:54:59 [Jan]
- content markup includes a checkbox without a specified label, but the user agent detects that a static text component is positioned immediately to the right of the checkbox and no other static text components are nearby. The nearby text is treated as the label.
17:55:01 [Jan]
- content markup includes a table with no header row. The user agent detects that top row contains textual entries while the other rows contain numeric entries. The top row of the table is treated as table headers.
17:55:02 [Jan]
- content markup (in English) includes instances of static text that differ from surrounding text due to being styled sentence fragments and being styled with a larger font, bold weight and additional spacing. The instances are treated as headings.
17:56:52 [Jan]
Examples of Success Criterion 1.2.2:
17:56:53 [Jan]
- content markup includes a checkbox without a specified label, but the user agent detects that a static text component is positioned immediately to the right of the checkbox and no other static text components are nearby. The nearby text is treated as the label.
17:56:55 [Jan]
- content markup includes a table with no header row. The user agent detects that the top row contains textual entries while the other rows contain numeric entries. The top row of the table is treated as the table header row.
17:56:56 [Jan]
- content markup (in English) includes instances of static text that differ from surrounding text due to being sentence fragments and being styled with a larger font, bold weight and additional spacing. The instances are treated as headings.
17:57:16 [JAllan]
JAllan has joined #ua
17:57:50 [Greg]
Could acknowledge in the examples that there are different approaches to implementation, e.g. right now all are are default actions by the user agent, could have one be at user request.
17:58:33 [Jan]
Examples of Success Criterion 1.2.2:
17:58:35 [Jan]
- content markup includes a checkbox without a specified label, but the user agent detects that a static text component is positioned immediately to the right of the checkbox and no other static text components are nearby. The nearby text is treated as the label.
17:58:36 [Jan]
- Maria sets her user agent to automatically assume that when tables lack marked up header rows, the first row should be treated as the table header row.
17:58:38 [Jan]
- content markup (in English) includes instances of static text that differ from surrounding text due to being sentence fragments and being styled with a larger font, bold weight and additional spacing. The instances are treated as headings.
18:06:54 [Jan]
Examples of Success Criterion 1.2.2:
18:06:56 [Jan]
- George uses speech input. When content markup includes a checkbox without a specified label, the user agent detects that a static text component is positioned immediately to the right of the checkbox and no other static text components are nearby. The nearby text is treated as the label. This enables George to toggle the checkbox by speaking its name.
18:06:58 [Jan]
- Maria uses a screen reader. When a table lacks marked up header rows, the user agent gives her the option to have the first row treated as the table header row.
18:06:59 [Jan]
- Li uses a scanning keyboard and makes use of the user agent's outline view to more efficiently navigate web pages. The content markup (in English) includes instances of static text that differ from surrounding text due to (a) being sentence fragments and (b) being styled with a larger font, bold weight and additional spacing. The instances are treated as headings as therefore appear in the...
18:07:01 [Jan]
...outline view, enabling Li to more efficiently navigate to them.
18:07:33 [Jan]
Resolved: All accept examples (above) for 1.2.2
18:08:17 [Jan]
Related Resources for Success Criterion 1.2.2:
18:08:19 [Jan]
- Understanding WCAG 2.0: Heading and Labels: http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20120103/navigation-mechanisms-descriptive.html
18:08:36 [Jan]
Resolved: All accept related resource (above) for 1.2.2
18:08:49 [kford]
zakim, close item 2
18:08:49 [Zakim]
agendum 2, 1.2.2 Action-725 - Write IER for "1.2.2 Repair Missing, closed
18:08:51 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
18:08:51 [Zakim]
3. Structure" (Jan) [from kford]
18:09:01 [kford]
zakim, take up item 3
18:09:01 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Structure" (Jan)" taken up [from kford]
18:09:29 [kford]
zakim, close item 3
18:09:29 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Structure" (Jan), closed
18:09:30 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
18:09:30 [Zakim]
4. Action-740 Changes to 2.8 Provide toolbar configuration (Mark & [from kford]
18:09:33 [jeanne]
close action-725
18:09:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-725 Write IER for the new "1.2.2 Repair Missing Structure" closed
18:09:40 [kford]
zakim, agenda?
18:09:40 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda:
18:09:42 [Zakim]
4. Action-740 Changes to 2.8 Provide toolbar configuration (Mark & [from kford]
18:09:42 [Zakim]
5. Jaime) [from kford]
18:09:42 [Zakim]
6. 2.1.9 appears to overlap with 2.3.5 [2.3.5 looks better] Jim [from kford]
18:09:42 [Zakim]
7. Name, Role, State Proposal Action-649, Action-651 [from kford]
18:10:51 [Jan]
JA: Jaime still working on it, so will have it next week.
18:10:54 [kford]
zakim, take up item 6
18:10:54 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "2.1.9 appears to overlap with 2.3.5 [2.3.5 looks better] Jim" taken up [from kford]
18:11:16 [Jan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2012JulSep/0033.html
18:11:50 [Greg]
2.1.9 is better with modifier keys, but worse with "help" and lacking saving. And vice versa.
18:12:16 [jeanne]
+1 to progress not perfection
18:13:34 [Greg]
(If F1 can't be remapped then almost anything could be considered reserved.)
18:15:51 [Greg]
I think the 2.3.5 was supposed to replace 2.1.9, but the confusion stems from the fact that "author supplied...and user interface controls" is ambiguous as to whether it means user supplied UI controls or UA supplied UI controls. We could clarify by changing "user interface controls" to "user agent user interface controls" and then delete 2.1.9.
18:16:16 [Greg]
We can either incorporate the sentence about modifier keys from 2.1.9 or leave it out.
18:16:59 [Greg]
2.3.5 Customize Keyboard Commands: The user can override any keyboard shortcut including recognized author supplied shortcuts (e.g. accesskeys) and user agent user interface controls, except for conventional bindings for the operating environment (e.g. arrow keys for navigating within menus). The user must be able to save these settings beyond the current session. (Level AA)
18:17:39 [Greg]
Do we want to add back in "The rebinding options must include single-key and key-plus-modifier keys if available in the operating environment." ?
18:19:27 [Jan]
KP: Better if that extra text in
18:19:32 [Jan]
JR: Agreed
18:19:49 [Jan]
KP: One handed keyboard is already in as examples in 2.3.5
18:20:08 [Greg]
2.3.5 Customize Keyboard Commands: The user can override any keyboard shortcut including recognized author supplied shortcuts (e.g. accesskeys) and user agent user interface controls, except for conventional bindings for the operating environment (e.g. arrow keys for navigating within menus). The rebinding options must include single-key and key-plus-modifier keys if available in the...
18:20:09 [Greg]
...operating environment. The user must be able to save these settings beyond the current session. (Level AA)
18:20:21 [Jan]
brb
18:21:57 [Greg]
Resolved: Delete 2.1.9 and modify 2.3.5 with wording immediately above.
18:22:12 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:22:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/02-ua-minutes.html kford
18:23:15 [kford]
zakim, remote item 5
18:23:15 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'remote item 5', kford
18:23:26 [kford]
zakim, remove item 5
18:23:26 [Zakim]
agendum 5, Jaime), dropped
18:23:36 [kford]
zakim, remove item 3
18:23:36 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Structure" (Jan), dropped
18:23:48 [kford]
zakim, agenda?
18:23:48 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
18:23:50 [Zakim]
4. Action-740 Changes to 2.8 Provide toolbar configuration (Mark & [from kford]
18:23:50 [Zakim]
6. 2.1.9 appears to overlap with 2.3.5 [2.3.5 looks better] Jim [from kford]
18:23:50 [Zakim]
7. Name, Role, State Proposal Action-649, Action-651 [from kford]
18:25:11 [kford]
Action kford look at IER from 2.3.5 and 2.1.9 and ensure the new 2.3.5 covers what was important from the now deleted 2.1.9
18:25:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-750 - Look at IER from 2.3.5 and 2.1.9 and ensure the new 2.3.5 covers what was important from the now deleted 2.1.9 [on Kelly Ford - due 2012-08-09].
18:25:36 [kford]
zakim, close item 6
18:25:37 [Zakim]
agendum 6, 2.1.9 appears to overlap with 2.3.5 [2.3.5 looks better] Jim, closed
18:25:39 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
18:25:39 [Zakim]
4. Action-740 Changes to 2.8 Provide toolbar configuration (Mark & [from kford]
18:25:55 [kford]
zakim, agenda
18:25:55 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'agenda', kford
18:26:03 [kford]
zakim, agend?
18:26:03 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, kford.
18:26:09 [kford]
zakim, agenda?
18:26:09 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda:
18:26:11 [Zakim]
4. Action-740 Changes to 2.8 Provide toolbar configuration (Mark & [from kford]
18:26:11 [Zakim]
7. Name, Role, State Proposal Action-649, Action-651 [from kford]
18:27:03 [kford]
zakim, take up item 7
18:27:03 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Name, Role, State Proposal Action-649, Action-651" taken up [from kford]
18:27:16 [JAllan]
JAllan has joined #ua
18:27:52 [jeanne]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2012JulSep/0030.html
18:28:09 [kford]
From Jim's mail:
18:28:12 [kford]
close items related to 4.1.2 Name, Role, State, Value, Description:
18:28:14 [kford]
leave SC and Intent as is because:
18:28:16 [kford]
--if we genericize terms no one will know what we are talking about.
18:28:17 [kford]
--we have added the descriptions of Name, Role, State, etc. in the Intent, so the terms could be used with other technologies...
18:28:19 [kford]
Name (component name)
18:28:21 [kford]
Role (purpose, such as alert, button, checkbox, etc) State (current status, such as busy, disabled, hidden, etc) Value (information associated with the component such as, the data in a text box, the position number of a slider, the date in a calendar
18:28:23 [kford]
widget)
18:28:25 [kford]
Description (user instructions about the component).
18:28:27 [kford]
remove example 1 "A browser is developing a component..." it is incomplete and need lots more work. Jeanne says it lame.
18:30:57 [jeanne]
Resolved: Close action 649 and 651 without change except to delete example 1
18:31:09 [Zakim]
-Jan
18:31:16 [JAllan]
JAllan has joined #ua
18:31:18 [jeanne]
close action-649
18:31:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-649 Rewrite in modern terms (genericize) 4.1.2 with greg closed
18:31:21 [kford]
zakim, close action 649
18:31:21 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close action 649', kford
18:31:33 [jeanne]
close action-651
18:31:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-651 Combine 412 and 416, with Mark closed
18:31:50 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:31:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/02-ua-minutes.html kford
18:33:14 [jeanne]
REsolved: the group agrees to publish a new working draft.
18:33:30 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:33:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/02-ua-minutes.html jeanne
18:33:37 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make logs public
18:33:48 [Zakim]
-Kim_Patch
18:33:49 [Zakim]
-Jim_Allan
18:34:16 [Zakim]
-kford
18:34:17 [jeanne]
zakim, bye
18:34:17 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ua
18:34:18 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were kford, Jim_Allan, Jeanne, Greg_Lowney, Jan, Kim_Patch
18:34:34 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:34:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/08/02-ua-minutes.html jeanne