IRC log of au on 2012-07-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:49:44 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #au
18:49:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/07/30-au-irc
18:49:50 [Jan]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
18:49:50 [Zakim]
ok, Jan; I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM scheduled to start in 11 minutes
18:49:55 [Jan]
Meeting: WAI AU
18:50:01 [Jan]
Chair: Jutta Treviranus
18:50:06 [Jan]
Regrets: Cherie E.
19:01:58 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has now started
19:02:04 [Jan]
zakim, code?
19:02:04 [Zakim]
the conference code is 2894 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), Jan
19:02:07 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
19:02:12 [Zakim]
+??P1
19:02:38 [Zakim]
+??P2
19:02:49 [Jan]
zakim, ??P2 is really Jan
19:02:49 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
19:03:10 [Jan]
zakim, [Microsoft] is really Alex
19:03:10 [Zakim]
+Alex; got it
19:03:19 [Jan]
zakim, who's here?
19:03:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Alex, ??P1, Jan
19:03:20 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, Jan, trackbot
19:03:33 [Jan]
zakim, ??P1 is really Jutta
19:03:33 [Zakim]
+Jutta; got it
19:03:34 [Jutta]
Jutta has joined #au
19:03:34 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
19:04:17 [Jan]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2012JulSep/0024.html
19:13:39 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
19:14:29 [Jan]
Proposal: 6. A list of the *web content technologies produced by the authoring tool that are included in the claim*. If there are any web content technologies produced by the authoring tool that are *not included* in the conformance claim, these must be listed separately. <NEW>If the authoring tool produces any web content technologies by default, then these must be *included*.</NEW>
19:16:35 [Jan]
JR: Two "danger" cases...one where the problematic format is deafult (which this covers)...the other is when it is a secondary format that is problematic (not covered)
19:16:47 [Jan]
JT: Anyone else have concerns
19:18:39 [Jan]
B.4.1.1 Features Active by Default: All accessible content support features are turned on by default. (Level A)
19:19:32 [Jan]
B.2.2.1 Accessible Option Prominence (WCAG): If authors are provided with a choice of authoring actions for achieving the same authoring outcome (e.g., styling text), then options that will result in accessible web content (WCAG) are at least as prominent as options that will not. (Level A to meet WCAG 2.0 Level A success criteria; Level AA to meet WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA success criteria;...
19:19:33 [Jan]
...Level AAA to meet all WCAG 2.0 success criteria)
19:20:25 [Jan]
JT: But no explicit guidance
19:20:39 [Jan]
JT: Other example is video formats...one supporting captions, other not
19:23:43 [Jan]
JT: Need not be a negative statement...could be positive..."in order to create accessible videos with captions...use this format"
19:24:04 [Jan]
JT: Not a critique of one file format...
19:24:16 [Jan]
JT: I'm reticent to remove this entirely.
19:25:00 [Jan]
JT: We very often talk to developers after the fact and they say "if only we knew..."
19:26:09 [Jan]
AL: Comes down to practiacality and practical way to not infringe on other technologies in a negative way...in theory possible ...but no suggestions
19:26:50 [Jan]
Topic: 2. Test written to date:
19:27:05 [Jan]
JS: New document: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2012JulSep/0025.html
19:27:28 [Jan]
JT: Given the size of testing task...
19:27:42 [Jan]
JT: We'd like to create a sub-group....
19:28:03 [Jan]
JT: to write the test cases.
19:28:10 [Sueann]
Sueann has joined #au
19:28:12 [Jan]
JS: I think we should go ahead.
19:28:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.970.349.aaaa
19:28:59 [Jan]
AL: Can we just do it on a survey
19:29:27 [Jan]
zakim, aaaa is really Sueann
19:29:27 [Zakim]
+Sueann; got it
19:29:39 [Jan]
JS: Sorry that's too much copy-paste
19:30:11 [Jan]
AL: I think you can do survey with just a link, not full on copy-paste...having survey is a nudge to people to do things
19:31:16 [Jan]
JR: Are you saying we could have a survey with only a few questions?
19:31:23 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #au
19:31:25 [Jan]
AL: Maybe per SC?
19:32:34 [Jan]
JT: Alternative approach, have the subgroup prepare and vet the document and then give3 the whole doc to the rest of the group for review.
19:33:35 [Jan]
JT: Updates Sueann...
19:33:51 [Jan]
JS: There can be multiple tests per SC
19:34:12 [Jan]
SN: Is there a model - how have other groups done it?
19:34:47 [Jan]
AL: Survey per technique....it helps the group make foreward progress.
19:35:19 [Jan]
JS: Sorry I would rather spend time working on the tests.
19:35:39 [Jan]
SN: Can other people make surveys.
19:37:46 [Jan]
JR: Maybe we hold off on the surveys
19:38:04 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
19:38:17 [Jan]
JS: I'm away next week
19:38:28 [Jan]
JT: And its a CDN holiday
19:38:54 [Jan]
JT: So if no objections to the subgroup working on tests...
19:39:31 [Jan]
JT: Aug 6 - no call...
19:39:47 [Jan]
JT: Aug 3, testing subgroup call
19:40:06 [Jan]
s/Aug 3/Aug 13
19:40:55 [Jan]
JT: Any idea about the WG meeting?
19:41:13 [jeanne]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20120612/results
19:41:55 [Jan]
JR: We agreed not to meet at TPAC
19:42:09 [Jan]
JR: GP offered to host.
19:42:18 [Jan]
JT: We could host as well.
19:43:40 [Jan]
JT: So for the next survey...wording for B.4.1.3...plus potential meeting dates
19:44:39 [Jan]
JT: Will send some dates when I'm available to start it off
19:45:17 [Jan]
SN: Can definitely look into hosting in Boca in Nov+
19:45:48 [Jan]
JT: Anything else to cover?
19:47:10 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
19:47:11 [Zakim]
-Alex
19:47:11 [Zakim]
-Sueann
19:47:13 [Zakim]
-Jan
19:47:15 [Zakim]
-Jutta
19:47:15 [Jan]
JR: So far the sub-group is Jeanne, Tim and Jan....we'll send an email to the group.
19:47:16 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has ended
19:47:16 [Zakim]
Attendees were Jan, Alex, Jutta, Jeanne, Tim_Boland, +1.970.349.aaaa, Sueann
19:47:39 [Jan]
RRSAgent, make minutes
19:47:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/07/30-au-minutes.html Jan
19:47:41 [Sueann]
Sueann has left #au
19:47:49 [Jan]
RRSAgent, set logs public
19:47:54 [Jan]
Zakim, bye
19:47:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #au
19:47:59 [Jan]
RRSAgent, bye
19:47:59 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items