IRC log of html-wg on 2012-06-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:00:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
16:00:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to
16:00:25 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:00:27 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
16:00:27 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
16:00:28 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
16:00:28 [trackbot]
Date: 28 June 2012
16:00:32 [krisk]
krisk has joined #html-wg
16:00:39 [SethHodgson]
SethHodgson has joined #html-wg
16:00:39 [glenn]
yang, i'm still hearing noise from you, so its best to stay muted, either locally on your end or via zakim, until you wish to speak
16:01:15 [Zakim]
16:01:24 [jaymunro]
jaymunro has joined #html-wg
16:01:24 [Zakim]
16:01:34 [glenn]
it was before you joined sam
16:01:38 [Zakim]
16:01:58 [krisk]
zakim, [Microsoft] has krisk
16:01:58 [Zakim]
+krisk; got it
16:02:03 [Zakim]
16:02:05 [glenn]
i was hearing local noise at yang's end (fan + typing, etc)
16:02:13 [jaymunro]
Zakim, [Microsoft] is me
16:02:13 [Zakim]
+jaymunro; got it
16:02:15 [Zakim]
16:02:27 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft] is me
16:02:27 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
16:02:38 [Zakim]
16:02:49 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, call Mike
16:02:49 [Zakim]
ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
16:02:50 [Zakim]
16:02:52 [janina]
janina has joined #html-wg
16:02:54 [yang]
zakim, ??P16 is me
16:02:54 [Zakim]
+yang; got it
16:02:56 [adrianba]
zakim, who is here?
16:02:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see glenn (muted), Sam, jaymunro, SethHodgson, hober, adrianba, yang, Mike (muted)
16:02:58 [Zakim]
jaymunro has krisk
16:02:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see janina, jaymunro, SethHodgson, krisk, RRSAgent, mjs, rubys, J_Voracek, adrianba, icaaq, yang, plh, vimeo_joe, glenn, davidb, miketaylr, MikeSmith, myakura, ArtB,
16:03:00 [Zakim]
... nonge, drublic, Lachy, CIA-1, krijnh, kennyluck, logbot, johndrinkwater, decadance, timeless, shepazu, arronei, karl, ybit, hiro, Wilto, Zakim, jgraham, Dashiva, ed, heycam,
16:03:03 [Zakim]
... gavin, gsnedders, lgombos, hober, trackbot, Philip, hsivonen, jmb, Hixie, inimino, MikeSmithW3C, odinho, paul___irish, Jedi
16:03:14 [Zakim]
16:03:17 [Zakim]
16:03:19 [Zakim]
16:03:26 [janina]
zakim, ??P18 is Janina
16:03:26 [Zakim]
+Janina; got it
16:03:27 [Zakim]
16:03:31 [Zakim]
16:04:03 [krisk]
Agenda ->
16:04:04 [krisk]
16:04:04 [R_Berkoff]
R_Berkoff has joined #html-wg
16:04:06 [eliot]
eliot has joined #html-wg
16:04:08 [JF]
JF has joined #html-wg
16:04:11 [krisk]
scribe: krisk
16:04:24 [krisk]
#1 1. ACTION items due by Thursday, June 28
16:04:39 [krisk]
First item is ACTION-217: Create a joint Path location add hit testing binding...
16:05:00 [R_Berkoff]
Zakim, list attendees
16:05:00 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been yang, glenn, Sam, SethHodgson, krisk, hober, jaymunro, adrianba, Mike, mjs, Plh, Janina, Clarke, John_Foliot
16:05:06 [adrianba]
16:05:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-217 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to create a joint Path location add hit testing binding CP for ISSUE-201 that binds canvas to fallback content (Rich, Ted, Frank) -- due 2012-06-21 -- OPEN
16:05:06 [trackbot]
16:05:13 [wfoladar]
wfoladar has joined #html-wg
16:05:16 [glenn]
lot's of echo on line
16:05:32 [Zakim]
16:05:36 [Zakim]
16:05:47 [ddorwin]
ddorwin has joined #html-wg
16:05:48 [krisk]
Glen: frank and myself met last week and are in the process of formalizing the discussion
16:05:58 [adrianba]
16:05:59 [rubys]
16:05:59 [glenn]
16:06:01 [krisk]
sam: do we have any update on schedule?
16:06:09 [ddorwin]
zakim, [GVoice] is me
16:06:09 [Zakim]
+ddorwin; got it
16:06:26 [krisk]
sam: any more comments/questions for hober?
16:06:29 [Zakim]
16:06:33 [R_Berkoff]
Zakim, +R_Berkoff
16:06:33 [Zakim]
I wonder where R_Berkoff is
16:06:34 [Zakim]
16:06:37 [krisk]
Next ACTION-219: Review Michael Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199a
16:06:54 [eliot]
zakim, microsoft.a has me
16:06:54 [Zakim]
+eliot; got it
16:07:03 [adrianba]
16:07:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-219 -- Edward O'Connor to review Michael Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199a -- due 2012-06-22 -- OPEN
16:07:03 [trackbot]
16:07:08 [krisk]
Hober: I reviewed this last friday and send this to Michael
16:07:31 [mfoladar]
mfoladar has joined #html-wg
16:07:40 [krisk]
janina: Michael this looks good - except for some language (not optimal)
16:09:23 [krisk]
msj: can Michael agree that the editor can make an update to the language?
16:09:37 [rubys]
16:10:01 [krisk]
msj: Then as long as Michael makes his update we should have consensus
16:10:20 [rubys]
16:10:20 [R_Berkoff]
Zakim, +R_Berkoff
16:10:20 [Zakim]
I wonder where R_Berkoff is
16:10:23 [krisk]
janina: Michael should be able to make his update in a day or so
16:10:33 [krisk]
Next Update New Issues This Week:
16:10:35 [R_Berkoff]
Zakim, GVoice is me
16:10:35 [Zakim]
sorry, R_Berkoff, I do not recognize a party named 'GVoice'
16:10:43 [krisk]
ISSUE-206: Should HTML5 have a meta generator exception to the alt requirement?
16:10:43 [trackbot]
ISSUE-206 Should HTML5 have a meta generator exception to the alt requirement? notes added
16:10:53 [krisk]
16:10:58 [R_Berkoff]
Zakim, [GVoice] is me
16:10:58 [Zakim]
sorry, R_Berkoff, I do not recognize a party named '[GVoice]'
16:11:02 [krisk]
sam: any discussions?
16:11:05 [krisk]
sam: none
16:11:18 [Zakim]
16:11:20 [krisk]
Next Items Closed Last Week
16:11:27 [krisk]
ISSUE-184: data-element, survey closed Jun 21
16:11:27 [trackbot]
ISSUE-184 Add a data element notes added
16:11:36 [krisk]
ISSUE-185: drop-pubdate and add moddate, surveys closed Jun 21
16:11:36 [trackbot]
ISSUE-185 Drop the pubdate attribute notes added
16:11:45 [Zakim]
+ +1.818.370.aaaa
16:12:09 [Zakim]
16:12:10 [krisk]
Next Up is Items Closing This Week
16:12:26 [krisk]
ISSUE-195: form-http-req, Revise Change Proposals closes Jun 27
16:12:28 [trackbot]
ISSUE-195 Enhance http request generation from forms notes added
16:12:34 [krisk]
chairs are reviewing
16:12:42 [krisk]
16:12:52 [krisk]
Next Items Closing Next Week
16:13:08 [Zakim]
16:13:09 [krisk]
ISSUE-189: uri-web-prefix, Revise Change Proposals extension closes Jul 6
16:13:10 [trackbot]
ISSUE-189 Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF notes added
16:13:17 [krisk]
16:13:23 [krisk]
ISSUE-200: legend-placement, Revise Change Proposals closes Jul 6
16:13:23 [trackbot]
ISSUE-200 Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND) in non-FIELDSET elements notes added
16:13:29 [krisk]
16:13:39 [krisk]
sam: note they both close on July 6th
16:13:49 [krisk]
Next New Calls this week
16:13:59 [krisk]
ISSUE-206: meta-generator
16:13:59 [trackbot]
ISSUE-206 Should HTML5 have a meta generator exception to the alt requirement? notes added
16:14:01 [whitech]
whitech has joined #html-wg
16:14:19 [krisk]
alternale/counter proposals are due by July 27th
16:14:28 [krisk]
Next New Surveys this week
16:14:31 [krisk]
16:14:39 [krisk]
Decisions this week
16:14:40 [krisk]
16:14:47 [krisk]
Other Business
16:14:54 [krisk]
#1 HTML WG rechartering
16:14:55 [rubys]
16:15:02 [plh]
16:15:11 [krisk]
Sam: a small amount of discussion
16:15:15 [rubys]
ack plh
16:15:30 [krisk]
plh: mike is working on this (dependancy)
16:16:07 [krisk]
plh: The RDFa will be moved to a different working group and this was moved from the HTML WG charter
16:16:15 [MikeSmith]
yeah, I have since removed HTML + RDFa as a deliverable from the draft charter
16:16:43 [krisk]
plh: People need to comment on this change to the charter
16:16:49 [krisk]
ISSUE-203 media-descriptions
16:17:02 [krisk]
hober asked for an extension and chairs agreed
16:17:29 [krisk]
janina: what was the issue? use case?
16:18:18 [krisk]
hober: some of the information is redundant
16:18:55 [MartinSoukup]
MartinSoukup has joined #html-wg
16:19:33 [krisk]
janina: the mechanism is tied to ISSUE-30 and we are out of sequence
16:19:35 [Zakim]
16:20:49 [krisk]
janina: I am not opposed to taking this under advisement
16:21:27 [glenn]
zakim, who's on the phone?
16:21:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see glenn (muted), Sam, jaymunro, SethHodgson, hober, adrianba, yang, Mike, mjs, Janina, Plh, Clarke, John_Foliot, [Microsoft], ddorwin, [Microsoft.a],
16:21:30 [Zakim]
... +1.818.370.aaaa, Cynthia_Shelly, whitech, Martin
16:21:30 [Zakim]
jaymunro has krisk
16:21:30 [Zakim]
[Microsoft.a] has eliot
16:21:41 [glenn]
zakim, who's noisy?
16:21:49 [hober]
hober: at this time, i don't want to commit to only countering the mechanism and not the use case
16:21:52 [Zakim]
glenn, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Janina (10%), Plh (32%)
16:22:23 [hober]
hober: also, ordering of this issue with other issues is not something i control, so i'm not sure what janina would like me to say with regard to that
16:22:31 [glenn]
zakim, mute plh
16:22:31 [Zakim]
Plh should now be muted
16:22:52 [krisk]
janina: well we want to get html5 done, the use case has been discussed for sometime
16:23:10 [krisk]
janina: happy to discuss, though no need to do this right now..
16:23:25 [krisk]
janina: issue-30 should occur first
16:23:59 [krisk]
hober: I'm not concerned about the ordering...
16:24:16 [krisk]
janina: I'm objecting you working on this before others
16:24:28 [krisk]
hober: I'm not working on this before the others
16:24:51 [krisk]
sam: The net is that an extension has been granted by the chairs
16:25:01 [JF]
+Q to ask the Chairs what will happen after July 10th, given this Issue WAS closed June 20th
16:25:04 [krisk]
..for issue-203
16:25:44 [krisk]
janina: I'm not sure we have enough to re-open this issue
16:26:07 [krisk]
janina: debating 203 before issue-30 is not going to work
16:26:26 [rubys]
ack next
16:26:27 [Zakim]
JF, you wanted to ask the Chairs what will happen after July 10th, given this Issue WAS closed June 20th
16:26:45 [krisk]
JF: I'm not sure if this issue is re-opened?
16:27:08 [krisk]
JF: what is the plan - will it close at somepoint
16:27:30 [krisk]
JF: issue was closed on june 20th
16:28:27 [krisk]
mjs: The call for consensus when out but was not actually closed on the 20th
16:28:39 [drublic]
drublic has joined #html-wg
16:28:50 [krisk]
sam: note that this is dependent on issue-30
16:29:10 [krisk]
JF: So now the deadline is July 10th, what happens on the 11th?
16:29:11 [frankolivier]
frankolivier has joined #html-wg
16:29:26 [plh]
16:29:38 [rubys]
ack next
16:29:40 [drublic]
drublic has joined #html-wg
16:30:07 [krisk]
plh: does it make sense to close this before issue-30?
16:30:26 [krisk]
plh: will we close this then before issue-30
16:30:52 [krisk]
JF: I have no objection to defering issue-203 until issue-30 is resolved
16:31:22 [krisk]
sam: I'll send a note to the list about this discussion
16:31:30 [krisk]
sam: any objections?
16:31:41 [krisk]
no objections to this...
16:31:54 [krisk]
sam: can we move on to Proposed adaptive image element?
16:31:59 [rubys]
16:32:02 [krisk]
janina: works for me...
16:32:30 [krisk]
sam: not clear if this is needed for html5 or should be in
16:32:33 [adrianba]
16:32:41 [rubys]
ack next
16:33:07 [krisk]
adrianba: I think the list would be 'OK' to have this be in HTML.NEXT
16:33:22 [krisk]
adrianba: though people don't want to wait a long time
16:33:27 [plh]
16:33:38 [rubys]
ack next
16:33:41 [krisk]
adrianab: such that people would start to impl this sooner
16:34:03 [krisk]
plh: should we make this a HTML.NEXT proposal and work on it their?
16:34:06 [rubys]
16:34:26 [yang]
16:34:27 [krisk]
agreement from the WG on this change
16:34:36 [rubys]
16:34:45 [krisk]
Technical Editor for HTML Working Group has been sent to the list
16:35:22 [tantek]
tantek has joined #html-wg
16:35:33 [yang]
when the will be discussed? after html5 REC?
16:35:34 [krisk]
plh: w3c will hire an individual for 1 year and will complement the editor work
16:35:57 [krisk]
plh: participants can apply for this position
16:36:00 [glenn]
is there a timeline for resolving the editor team?
16:36:28 [glenn]
i.e., if it takes an unspecified time to hire a lead editor...
16:36:37 [krisk]
sam: we are still evaluating - hopefully it be in a matter of days
16:37:03 [glenn]
16:37:10 [krisk]
sam: editors may come on in stages (not optimal) but we won't block
16:37:33 [plh]
ack yang
16:38:22 [krisk]
yang: will be discussed or will it start once html5 gets to REC?
16:38:29 [krisk]
sam: it will be in //
16:38:41 [tantek]
yang - you can discuss HTML6 any time you want - create a page on the W3C wiki and feel free to brainstorm there
16:38:51 [rubys]
16:39:23 [krisk]
yang: if we find something in very useful can we move this to html5?
16:39:44 [krisk]
sam: it's possible though major changes will face resistance
16:39:52 [krisk]
sam: any, any other business?
16:40:11 [glenn]
i can scribe
16:40:15 [krisk]
no one is on the queue
16:40:17 [tantek]
krisk - I'd say better chance of going directly to browser implementers and asking them to consider implementing
16:40:28 [tantek]
(or if that was yang)
16:40:29 [Zakim]
16:40:31 [Zakim]
16:40:33 [Zakim]
16:40:34 [Zakim]
16:40:35 [Zakim]
- +1.818.370.aaaa
16:40:35 [Zakim]
16:40:36 [Zakim]
16:40:36 [Zakim]
16:40:38 [Zakim]
16:40:38 [Zakim]
16:40:40 [Zakim]
16:40:42 [Zakim]
16:40:44 [janina]
janina has left #html-wg
16:40:45 [Zakim]
16:40:46 [Zakim]
16:40:48 [Zakim]
16:40:48 [JF]
JF has left #html-wg
16:40:51 [Zakim]
16:40:52 [Zakim]
16:40:54 [Zakim]
16:41:21 [krisk]
meeting adjourned
16:41:22 [krisk]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:41:32 [krisk]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:41:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate krisk
16:41:51 [Zakim]
16:44:30 [adrianba]
adrianba has left #html-wg
16:44:36 [SethHodgson]
SethHodgson has left #html-wg
16:49:38 [cjones]
cjones has joined #html-wg
17:00:51 [icaaq]
icaaq has joined #html-wg
17:09:06 [myakura_]
myakura_ has joined #html-wg
17:18:27 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #html-wg
17:30:09 [jet]
jet has joined #html-wg
17:31:53 [dveditz]
dveditz has joined #html-wg
17:35:01 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, ddorwin, in HTML_WG()12:00PM
17:35:02 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
17:35:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were yang, glenn, Sam, SethHodgson, krisk, hober, jaymunro, adrianba, Mike, mjs, Plh, Janina, Clarke, John_Foliot, [Microsoft], ddorwin, Cynthia_Shelly, eliot,
17:35:02 [Zakim]
... +1.818.370.aaaa, whitech, Martin
17:44:06 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
17:52:23 [davidb]
davidb has joined #html-wg
18:29:55 [rniwa]
rniwa has joined #html-wg
19:16:10 [rubys]
rubys has left #html-wg
19:19:38 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
19:39:25 [icaaq]
icaaq has joined #html-wg
19:42:21 [vimeo_joe]
vimeo_joe has joined #html-wg
19:43:04 [vimeo_jo_]
vimeo_jo_ has joined #html-wg
20:24:29 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
20:47:43 [tantek]
tantek has joined #html-wg
20:48:03 [tantek_]
tantek_ has joined #html-wg
21:05:05 [icaaq]
icaaq has joined #html-wg
21:39:20 [jet]
jet has joined #html-wg
22:01:16 [tantek]
tantek has joined #html-wg
23:01:46 [tantek_]
tantek_ has joined #html-wg
23:07:43 [vimeo_joe]
vimeo_joe has joined #html-wg
23:17:01 [myakura]
myakura has joined #html-wg
23:46:47 [dveditz]
dveditz has joined #html-wg