IRC log of html-a11y on 2012-06-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:57:44 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-a11y
14:57:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-html-a11y-irc
14:57:55 [janina]
zakim, this will be 2119
14:57:55 [Zakim]
ok, janina; I see WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)10:00AM scheduled to start 57 minutes ago
14:58:44 [Zakim]
WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)10:00AM has now started
14:58:51 [Zakim]
+??P10
14:59:01 [janina]
zakim, ??P10 is Janina_Sajka
14:59:02 [Zakim]
+Janina_Sajka; got it
14:59:03 [Zakim]
+John_Foliot
14:59:49 [paulc]
paulc has joined #html-a11y
14:59:53 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:59:55 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 2119
14:59:55 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)10:00AM scheduled to start 59 minutes ago
14:59:57 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
15:00:00 [trackbot]
Date: 14 June 2012
15:00:18 [JF]
JF has joined #html-a11y
15:02:26 [janina]
Meeting: HTML-A11Y Task Force Teleconference
15:02:26 [janina]
Chair: Janina_Sajka
15:02:26 [janina]
Scribe:
15:02:26 [janina]
agenda+ Issue-204 & Issue-30 Is the dependency meaningful anymore?
15:02:26 [janina]
agenda+ Issue-199 Status
15:02:28 [janina]
agenda+ Issue-194 Status
15:02:31 [janina]
agenda+ Issue-31C Status
15:02:33 [janina]
agenda+ Subteam Reports: Bug Triage; Text; ARIA Mappings
15:02:36 [janina]
agenda+ Other Business
15:02:38 [janina]
agenda+ Actions Review http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open
15:02:41 [janina]
agenda+ Identify Scribe for the next TF teleconference http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List
15:02:44 [janina]
agenda+ be done
15:05:14 [janina]
zakim, who's here?
15:05:14 [Zakim]
I notice WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)10:00AM has restarted
15:05:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Janina_Sajka, John_Foliot, [Microsoft], Cooper, ??P7
15:05:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see JF, paulc, RRSAgent, Zakim, janina, davidb, MichaelC, trackbot, [tm]
15:05:52 [janina]
zakim, ??P7 is Leonie
15:05:52 [Zakim]
+Leonie; got it
15:07:20 [Zakim]
+??P12
15:07:33 [LeonieW]
LeonieW has joined #html-a11y
15:07:43 [janina]
zakim, ??P12 is Steve_Faulkner
15:07:43 [Zakim]
+Steve_Faulkner; got it
15:07:55 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
15:08:31 [LeonieW]
scribe: Léonie Watson
15:08:31 [janina]
zakim, who's on the phone?
15:08:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Janina_Sajka, John_Foliot, [Microsoft], Cooper, Leonie, Steve_Faulkner, Cynthia_Shelly
15:08:39 [Stevef]
Stevef has joined #html-a11y
15:08:50 [LeonieW]
zakim, next item
15:08:50 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Issue-204 & Issue-30 Is the dependency meaningful anymore?" taken up [from janina]
15:10:12 [LeonieW]
JS: Wanted to explore the possibility that the 204 CPs won't satisfy the requirements outlined in our issue 30 CP.
15:11:47 [LeonieW]
JS: The generic @longdesc requirement is that the information is available, but you're not hit with it.
15:12:22 [LeonieW]
JS: Plus the description being available from an external information source.
15:12:51 [richardschwerdtfe]
richardschwerdtfe has joined #html-a11y
15:13:06 [LeonieW]
JF: The issue is that we didn't originally link 204 with 30.
15:13:40 [Zakim]
+Rich
15:14:35 [LeonieW]
JS: Anyone think is is not worth pursuing?
15:14:51 [LeonieW]
PC: What is worth pursuing?
15:15:00 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
15:15:05 [LeonieW]
JS: Removing the blockage/link between 204 and 30.
15:15:18 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
15:15:28 [LeonieW]
PC: Why would this be an effective us of time?
15:15:48 [LeonieW]
JS: We have 2 CPS, neither of which will meet the requirements of @longdesc.
15:16:22 [LeonieW]
PC: Before there was a lot of theory, but now there is better evidence.
15:16:33 [LeonieW]
PC: What's tee status of 204 within PF?
15:17:29 [LeonieW]
JF: 204 came into existence because people were trying to show there were other techniques to solve 30.
15:17:59 [LeonieW]
JF: Those 204 CPS don't meet all the requirements of 30 though.
15:18:31 [LeonieW]
PC: The chairs are flooded with work. It would be better to get 204 out of the way, rather than petition the chairs.
15:18:39 [LeonieW]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:18:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieW
15:19:15 [JF]
q+
15:21:17 [LeonieW]
PC: There are other situations with dependencies. Suggesting that we unlink those dependencies is sensible.
15:21:20 [janina]
q?
15:21:24 [janina]
ack jf
15:21:57 [LeonieW]
JF: We're close on 204, whether by reducing to a single CP or going to survey.
15:23:16 [LeonieW]
JF: With 204, an indication of when the clock might run out would be helpful.
15:23:23 [LeonieW]
PC: Message heard.
15:24:39 [LeonieW]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:24:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieW
15:24:59 [LeonieW]
JF: Resolving 204 may help us resolve 30.
15:25:46 [LeonieW]
JF: If we can overcome the 2119 language, it can be resolved.
15:26:24 [LeonieW]
JS: Would it be helpful to reintroduce the surface with 30?
15:26:49 [LeonieW]
JF: I don't think so, let's focus on 204 and then refocus on 30.
15:27:26 [LeonieW]
JS: My sense is that the desire for 2119 language is because of 30.
15:27:41 [LeonieW]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:27:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieW
15:28:00 [LeonieW]
zakim, next item
15:28:00 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Issue-199 Status" taken up [from janina]
15:28:23 [JF]
ZAKIM. WHO'S HERE?
15:28:35 [JF]
zakim, who's here?
15:28:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Janina_Sajka, John_Foliot, [Microsoft], Cooper, Leonie, Steve_Faulkner, Rich, Cynthia_Shelly
15:28:37 [Zakim]
On IRC I see richardschwerdtfe, Stevef, LeonieW, JF, paulc, RRSAgent, Zakim, janina, davidb, MichaelC, trackbot, [tm]
15:28:38 [LeonieW]
PC: Ted has an action time due today to review this.
15:28:58 [LeonieW]
PC: That might be optimistic though.
15:29:11 [LeonieW]
JS: That's fine, we just want to keep it in front of us.
15:29:36 [JF]
s/ZAKIM. WHO'S HERE?/ /
15:29:38 [LeonieW]
PC: I've created a priority list with this issue towards the top.
15:30:13 [LeonieW]
PC: Ted has five items blocked. We're trying to advise him on the priority of those actions.
15:30:16 [LeonieW]
zakim, next item
15:30:16 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Issue-194 Status" taken up [from janina]
15:31:51 [LeonieW]
JF: We're've walked the possibilities. Introducing a transcript attribute on the video element was probably the best solution. With the caveat that it should be a fully resolved URL.
15:33:00 [LeonieW]
JF: We've worked through the reaction that this was some kind of longdesc.
15:33:34 [LeonieW]
JF: We've had an extension granted because the Apple guys have been focused on their conference this week.
15:34:35 [LeonieW]
JS: We've surfaced a bug about adding audio/video to interactive elements and tab.
15:34:49 [LeonieW]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:34:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieW
15:36:21 [LeonieW]
zakim, next item
15:36:21 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Issue-31C Status" taken up [from janina]
15:36:44 [JF]
(Ref: Video/audio focus bug filed by Silvia: https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17463)
15:37:04 [LeonieW]
JS: The chairs are aware of the situation.
15:37:09 [LeonieW]
zakim, next item
15:37:09 [Zakim]
agendum 4 was just opened, LeonieW
15:37:17 [LeonieW]
zakim, close item 4
15:37:17 [Zakim]
agendum 4, Issue-31C Status, closed
15:37:18 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:37:18 [Zakim]
5. Subteam Reports: Bug Triage; Text; ARIA Mappings [from janina]
15:37:25 [LeonieW]
zakim, next item
15:37:25 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Subteam Reports: Bug Triage; Text; ARIA Mappings" taken up [from janina]
15:37:52 [LeonieW]
RS: Canvas. We're in a holding pattern waiting for Apple.
15:38:27 [LeonieW]
RS: We're waiting on results from a straw poll. I've also completed my action on carat selection.
15:39:00 [LeonieW]
PC: That action was created by the chairs after the F2F on 201.
15:39:14 [LeonieW]
RS: I met with Sam and we spoke about the use cases being integrated into the CP.
15:40:10 [LeonieW]
RS: Could we change the action to reflect that better?
15:40:30 [LeonieW]
PC: I think that's the right action.
15:40:46 [LeonieW]
PC: Richard, send me the text you'd prefer and I'll get it changed.
15:41:24 [LeonieW]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:41:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieW
15:41:28 [paulc]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/217
15:43:17 [LeonieW]
JS: Text. We didn't have a meeting this week. A draft of issues on alt guidance in the spec is circulating amongst the sub team.
15:43:35 [LeonieW]
JS: We hope to share this with the TF and WCAG next week for comment.
15:45:57 [LeonieW]
LW: Bug triage. Keeping a watching brief. Several bugs with a11y tag, but none for the TF to focus on for the moment.
15:46:32 [LeonieW]
JS: Mapping. We haven't met for a couple of weeks.
15:47:19 [LeonieW]
SF: I've made several updates to the doc and have filed some bugs.
15:47:40 [LeonieW]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:47:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieW
15:47:48 [LeonieW]
zakim, next item
15:47:48 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Other Business" taken up [from janina]
15:48:44 [paulc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0088.html
15:50:00 [LeonieW]
JF: PC: I'm assuming you guys will be at TPAC?
15:50:39 [LeonieW]
JS: We have a problem. PF will meet Mon/Tue and HTML on Thu/Fri, but we also have IndyUI to fit in.
15:50:56 [LeonieW]
PC: We'll have to work around that.
15:51:12 [LeonieW]
PC: There's also the AC meeting on the Thursday that clashes too.
15:51:15 [MichaelC]
s/IndyUI/IndieUI/
15:52:42 [LeonieW]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:52:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieW
15:54:50 [LeonieW]
PC: These are the items in my priority...201, 199, 194, 189 and 200.
15:55:06 [LeonieW]
PC: Is there anything else the TF is waiting for?
15:55:12 [LeonieW]
JF: 204.
15:55:22 [LeonieW]
PC: Right, ok.
15:55:35 [LeonieW]
PC: Where should that go in the order?
15:56:02 [LeonieW]
JF: I'd like to see it resolved quickly.
15:56:27 [LeonieW]
PC: Further discussion over email or meeting?
15:56:44 [LeonieW]
JF: So far it's been email but if a call would help bring it to closure it's worth making it happen.
15:56:50 [LeonieW]
JS: A call would be my preference.
15:57:33 [LeonieW]
JF: Adobe is holding a CSS hackathon this weekend in SF. I may run into Ted over the weekend, if I do I'll try and give him a nudge.
15:59:21 [Stevef]
Flexbox Tests – test cases for CSS Accessibility Community Group http://www.w3.org/community/cssacc/2012/06/12/flexbox-tests-test-cases-for-css-accessibility-community-group/
15:59:44 [Zakim]
-John_Foliot
15:59:51 [Zakim]
-Rich
15:59:53 [Zakim]
-Leonie
15:59:53 [Zakim]
-Cooper
15:59:54 [Zakim]
-Janina_Sajka
15:59:56 [Zakim]
-Steve_Faulkner
15:59:58 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
16:00:04 [janina]
janina has left #html-a11y
16:00:11 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
16:00:12 [Zakim]
WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)10:00AM has ended
16:00:14 [Zakim]
Attendees were Janina_Sajka, John_Foliot, [Microsoft], Cooper, Leonie, Steve_Faulkner, Cynthia_Shelly, Rich
16:00:34 [LeonieW]
Present: Janina Sajka, John Foliot, Paul Cooper, Léonie Watson, Steve Faulkner, Rich Schwerdtfeger, Cynthia Shelley
16:00:46 [LeonieW]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:00:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieW
16:15:37 [MichaelC]
present- Paul_Cooper
16:15:48 [MichaelC]
present+ Paul_Cotton, Michael_Cooper
16:15:52 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:15:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-html-a11y-minutes.html MichaelC
16:58:32 [LeonieW]
present- Paul Cooper
16:58:39 [LeonieW]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:58:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieW