IRC log of dap on 2012-06-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:44:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:44:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/06/13-dap-irc
13:44:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:44:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:44:40 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:44:40 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 16 minutes
13:44:41 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
13:44:41 [trackbot]
Date: 13 June 2012
13:45:08 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jun/0035.html
13:45:30 [fjh]
fjh has changed the topic to: dap 3279 ; http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jun/0035.html (fjh)
13:46:35 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
13:46:40 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick_Hirsch
13:46:44 [fjh]
Present+ Frederick_Hirsch
13:46:56 [fjh]
Regrets+ Robin_Berjon
13:48:26 [fjh]
Regrets+ Travis_Leithead, Jungkee_Song, Claes_ Nilsson
13:51:19 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:51:19 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has not yet started, fjh
13:51:21 [Zakim]
On IRC I see lgombos_, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, glenn, Josh_Soref, richt, mounir, lgombos, trackbot, dom, hiroto_away, ilkka
13:51:56 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
13:57:44 [dcheng3]
dcheng3 has joined #dap
13:58:23 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:58:29 [Zakim]
+??P12
13:58:35 [fjh]
zakim, ??P12 is me
13:58:35 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
13:59:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.310.310.aaaa
13:59:19 [Zakim]
+ +49.173.537.aabb
13:59:40 [dcheng3]
Present+ Diana_Cheng
13:59:56 [fjh]
zakim, where is +1-310?
13:59:56 [Zakim]
North American dialing code 1.310 is California
14:00:11 [dcheng3]
zakim, aabb is dcheng3
14:00:11 [Zakim]
+dcheng3; got it
14:00:20 [Zakim]
+??P18
14:00:39 [lgombos_]
Zakim, ??P18 is lgombos
14:00:40 [Zakim]
+lgombos; got it
14:00:51 [lgombos_]
Present+ Laszlo_Gombos
14:01:03 [Wonsuk]
Wonsuk has joined #dap
14:01:14 [Zakim]
+??P15
14:01:22 [AnssiK]
zakim, ??P15 is me
14:01:22 [Zakim]
+AnssiK; got it
14:01:27 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
14:01:39 [jhawkins]
jhawkins has joined #dap
14:01:56 [fjh]
zakim, aaaa is jhawkins
14:01:56 [Zakim]
+jhawkins; got it
14:02:02 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, jhawkins, dcheng3, lgombos, AnssiK
14:02:03 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jhawkins, Wonsuk, dcheng3, AnssiK, lgombos_, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, glenn, Josh_Soref, richt, mounir, lgombos, trackbot, dom, hiroto_away, ilkka
14:02:58 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.07.15.aacc
14:03:16 [Wonsuk]
Present+ Wonsuk_Lee
14:03:16 [fjh]
zakim, where is +46
14:03:16 [Zakim]
fjh, I do not see a party named 'where'. If you meant to ask a question you need to add '?'
14:03:23 [fjh]
zakim, where is +46?
14:03:23 [Zakim]
country code 46 is Sweden
14:03:31 [Zakim]
+ +1.503.542.aadd
14:03:40 [fjh]
zakim, aacc is niklas
14:03:40 [Zakim]
+niklas; got it
14:04:26 [fjh]
zakim, where is +1-503?
14:04:26 [Zakim]
North American dialing code 1.503 is Oregon
14:05:14 [fjh]
ScribeNick: fjh
14:05:19 [fjh]
Topic: Administrative
14:05:30 [fjh]
Publishing moratoria, 2H2012 https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2012May/0000.html
14:05:30 [fjh]
19 June webinos launch, http://webinos.org/launch-day
14:05:30 [fjh]
No DAP teleconference on 4 July 2012 (also is US holiday), and no teleconference on 18 July 2012. DAP F2F 10-12 July.
14:05:51 [Zakim]
+ +1.289.261.aaee
14:05:52 [Clarke]
Clarke has joined #dap
14:06:07 [nwidell]
nwidell has joined #dap
14:06:09 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aaee is me
14:06:09 [Zakim]
+Josh_Soref; got it
14:06:13 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute me
14:06:13 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should now be muted
14:06:23 [Josh_Soref]
Scribe: Josh_Soref
14:06:24 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:06:39 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Minutes Approval
14:06:45 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/att-0301/minutes-2012-05-30.html
14:06:58 [Zakim]
+??P30
14:07:02 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: Approve minutes from 30 May
14:07:07 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Web Intents
14:07:10 [Clarke]
zakim, ??P30 is me
14:07:10 [Zakim]
+Clarke; got it
14:07:19 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: mounir submitted a proposal (Web Activities)
14:07:33 [Josh_Soref]
... from the list, it sounds like they aren't as far forward as they think they are
14:07:49 [Josh_Soref]
... we could talk about Intents/Activities at the F2F
14:08:07 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.266.aaff
14:08:12 [Josh_Soref]
... 2 - there's the issue of Contacts and similar in DAP v. System Apps
14:08:16 [Cathy]
zakim, aaff is me
14:08:16 [Zakim]
+Cathy; got it
14:08:18 [Josh_Soref]
... 3 - xxx
14:08:54 [Josh_Soref]
jhawkins: this will be my first time Chairing
14:09:02 [Josh_Soref]
... i need information about FPWD
14:09:15 [Josh_Soref]
... i'm ok with holding off for a couple of days
14:09:26 [Josh_Soref]
... i have a reply for their counter-proposal that i hope to send off today
14:09:43 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: the draft is a Web Intents draft
14:09:49 [Josh_Soref]
... there's nothing wrong with publishing now
14:10:08 [Josh_Soref]
... a minor concern is that it solicits feedback and review
14:10:13 [Josh_Soref]
... there's no reason not to
14:10:21 [Josh_Soref]
... it's a matter of how long it takes to do the next thing
14:10:32 [Josh_Soref]
... i'm of the impression it might take a little longer to figure things out
14:10:54 [Josh_Soref]
... maybe we should add a note in the Status of Document section acknowledging the counter proposal
14:11:05 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is speaking?
14:11:15 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 10 (51%)
14:11:23 [Zakim]
+??P8
14:11:23 [Josh_Soref]
jhawkins: i'd to get feedback from ArtB
14:11:25 [Zakim]
-Cathy
14:11:33 [Cathy]
zakim, ??P8 is me
14:11:33 [Zakim]
+Cathy; got it
14:11:34 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, 10 is jhawkins
14:11:34 [Zakim]
sorry, Josh_Soref, I do not recognize a party named '10'
14:11:58 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i think we need to keep moving
14:12:02 [Josh_Soref]
jhawkins: i agree
14:12:06 [Josh_Soref]
... i'll send out my notes today
14:12:14 [Josh_Soref]
... and people can get my opinions
14:12:21 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: and you can talk to ArtB
14:12:28 [Josh_Soref]
jhawkins: i agree
14:12:33 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i'd like to get it done
14:12:43 [Josh_Soref]
... we can use time at the F2F
14:12:54 [Josh_Soref]
... i'm not sure who will be attending
14:13:03 [Josh_Soref]
... i'm not sure if mounir will attend
14:13:10 [Josh_Soref]
jhawkins: are you concerned about lack of critical mass
14:13:17 [Josh_Soref]
q+ to note that dougt investigated attending
14:13:37 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: it can't hurt to ask mozilla about attending
14:13:42 [Josh_Soref]
jhawkins: i'll make an attempt to ask
14:13:50 [Josh_Soref]
... but i'll note there isn't an open channel available
14:13:51 [Josh_Soref]
ack me
14:13:52 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, you wanted to note that dougt investigated attending
14:14:05 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute me
14:14:05 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should now be muted
14:14:35 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: anyone else have comments about Web Intents?
14:14:44 [Josh_Soref]
... i know Claes isn't on the call
14:15:10 [Josh_Soref]
q+ to note that i planned to send a response to mounir's proposal, but i'm backlogged by lots of other things
14:15:14 [Josh_Soref]
ack me
14:15:15 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, you wanted to note that i planned to send a response to mounir's proposal, but i'm backlogged by lots of other things
14:15:48 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute me
14:15:48 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should now be muted
14:16:03 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: F2F
14:16:08 [fjh]
Please complete attendance questionnaire: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/DAPJuly2012F2F/
14:16:14 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: it's good to know
14:16:21 [fjh]
(results https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/DAPJuly2012F2F/results )
14:16:21 [Josh_Soref]
... please complete whether you intend to attend or not
14:16:21 [fjh]
Logistics: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/BurlingtonF2F2012
14:16:21 [fjh]
Draft Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/F2F_Agenda_10-12_July_2012,_Burlington,_MA_USA
14:16:49 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: if you have questions about the agenda, please ask
14:16:53 [Josh_Soref]
... anyone have any comments now?
14:16:58 [fjh]
Two additional calls before F2F, 20/27 June
14:17:10 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Device Storage API / Gallery
14:17:11 [dtran]
dtran has joined #dap
14:17:18 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: there's a thread about file system
14:17:22 [Josh_Soref]
... and where do you put stuff
14:17:29 [Josh_Soref]
... i'm not sure the thread reached a conclusion
14:17:34 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:17:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, jhawkins, dcheng3, lgombos, AnssiK, niklas, +1.503.542.aadd, Josh_Soref (muted), Clarke, Cathy
14:17:36 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dtran, Cathy, nwidell, Clarke, jhawkins, Wonsuk, dcheng3, AnssiK, lgombos_, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, glenn, Josh_Soref, richt, mounir, lgombos, trackbot, dom,
14:17:36 [Zakim]
... hiroto_away, ilkka
14:17:43 [Josh_Soref]
q+ to note that flat file systems do not scale well
14:17:47 [dtran]
+Present Dzung_Tran
14:17:54 [Josh_Soref]
s/+Present/Present+/
14:18:08 [Josh_Soref]
jhawkins: you may have seen feedback from yyy
14:18:19 [fjh]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:18:23 [Josh_Soref]
... it's just a chrome extension api
14:18:32 [Zakim]
fjh, listening for 12 seconds I heard sound from the following: fjh (4%), jhawkins (95%), +1.503.542.aadd (77%)
14:18:33 [Josh_Soref]
... we want to wall it off from the web platform initially
14:18:39 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute aadd
14:18:39 [Zakim]
+1.503.542.aadd should now be muted
14:18:49 [Josh_Soref]
... we need it elsewhere now
14:19:00 [Josh_Soref]
... our implementation of the api is more system level than jungkee's
14:19:05 [Josh_Soref]
... i like the intents based version
14:19:11 [Josh_Soref]
... i haven't looked into it as much as i'd like to
14:19:18 [Josh_Soref]
... it seems there are different levels of permissions
14:19:23 [Josh_Soref]
... that may warrant different apis
14:19:30 [Josh_Soref]
... the gallery level being more system
14:19:33 [Josh_Soref]
... needs more security
14:19:39 [Josh_Soref]
... whereas the intents version is safer
14:19:59 [Josh_Soref]
s/yyy/steve yya/
14:20:10 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: do you have a URL for the chrome extension?
14:20:23 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION: jhawkins to send URL for gallery chrome extension to the list
14:20:29 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - jhawkins
14:20:41 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: the Web Notification WG changed Feature Permissions to
14:20:45 [Josh_Soref]
... aaa?
14:21:06 [Josh_Soref]
... AnssiK do you know what's going on there?
14:21:12 [Cathy]
s/steve yya/Steve VanDeBogart/
14:21:16 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: anne rewrote the spec to comply with pubrules
14:21:20 [Josh_Soref]
... and there's been discussion
14:21:23 [Josh_Soref]
... apple contributed
14:21:39 [Josh_Soref]
s/aaa/tie in with WebIDL/
14:21:51 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: they thought about permissions
14:21:58 [Josh_Soref]
... they added an attribute permitted/not
14:22:06 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: tied to a notifications model
14:22:17 [Josh_Soref]
... we should not worry about that
14:22:26 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: we should avoid spinning things out into new WGs
14:22:46 [Josh_Soref]
... it's clear we should be aware of permissions
14:22:54 [Josh_Soref]
... i think it's a topic we have to work through
14:22:55 [dtran]
aadd is me
14:23:04 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call?
14:23:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, jhawkins, dcheng3, lgombos, AnssiK, niklas, +1.503.542.aadd (muted), Josh_Soref (muted), Clarke, Cathy
14:23:23 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aadd is Dzung_Tran
14:23:23 [Zakim]
+Dzung_Tran; got it
14:23:28 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, nick dtran is Dzung_Tran
14:23:28 [Zakim]
ok, Josh_Soref, I now associate dtran with Dzung_Tran
14:23:40 [Josh_Soref]
lgombos_: in the case of notifications
14:23:55 [Josh_Soref]
... the conclusion is that we can't ccc permisions
14:24:03 [Josh_Soref]
... i think generally we want to avoid
14:24:15 [Josh_Soref]
... permission requests
14:24:22 [Josh_Soref]
... and favor implicit consent
14:24:38 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: if we can avoid permissions, and use web intents, we should
14:24:47 [Josh_Soref]
... and we can roll web activities into that
14:24:52 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Deliverable Review
14:25:00 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call?
14:25:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, jhawkins, dcheng3, lgombos, AnssiK, niklas, Dzung_Tran (muted), Josh_Soref (muted), Clarke, Cathy
14:25:04 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/
14:25:08 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: it's unfortunate that darobin was unable to attend
14:25:14 [Josh_Soref]
... he had something come up at the last minute
14:25:21 [Josh_Soref]
... for Battery and ddd
14:25:30 [Josh_Soref]
s/ddd/Vibration/
14:25:35 [Josh_Soref]
... we are in CR and we can go to PR soon
14:25:43 [Josh_Soref]
... AnssiK are we thinking Fall or Sooner?
14:26:00 [Josh_Soref]
... maybe i should do this offline, involving dsr and darobin
14:26:06 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: what are the blockers for progress?
14:26:10 [Josh_Soref]
... test suite
14:26:15 [Josh_Soref]
... and a conformance report
14:26:22 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: thank you, we need the test suite
14:26:25 [Josh_Soref]
... and formal interop
14:26:33 [Josh_Soref]
... we need to figure out the time frame for that
14:26:49 [Josh_Soref]
... the next step is to know who is doing what and when
14:26:54 [Josh_Soref]
... HTML MC
14:27:00 [Josh_Soref]
... i think we need to publish another Draft
14:27:18 [Josh_Soref]
... we could go to LC, but i think it's premature
14:27:24 [Josh_Soref]
... we need to figure out when to go to LC w/ it
14:27:29 [Josh_Soref]
... Network Permission APIs
14:27:33 [Josh_Soref]
... it's fairly simple
14:27:37 [Josh_Soref]
... we published a Draft in June
14:27:42 [Josh_Soref]
... but we can wait
14:27:50 [Josh_Soref]
... Proximity... FPWD - we don't have one
14:28:01 [Josh_Soref]
... we had activity, but it's calmed down
14:28:08 [Josh_Soref]
... i think we should do a FPWD
14:28:17 [Josh_Soref]
... i can't remember who the editor is
14:28:22 [fjh]
Anssi
14:28:24 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: i think we should go for FPWD
14:28:35 [Josh_Soref]
... it has an issue of side-effects
14:28:40 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i'll do a CfC for that
14:28:49 [Josh_Soref]
... it's good to have frequent publications
14:29:03 [Josh_Soref]
... any concern with having a FPWD for Proximity?
14:29:12 [Josh_Soref]
... i'm having trouble with ReSpec, i'm not sure if it's working?
14:29:20 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: it's looking fine for me
14:29:24 [dtran]
no concern
14:29:28 [Josh_Soref]
... I updated all my specs to use the latest ReSpec
14:29:30 [fjh]
action: fjh to start CfC for FPWD of proximity
14:29:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-541 - Start CfC for FPWD of proximity [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-06-20].
14:29:34 [Josh_Soref]
... seems to work fine for me
14:29:42 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i'll look into it later, it must be me
14:29:47 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: do a force-refresh
14:30:14 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: Contacts/Calendar
14:30:18 [Josh_Soref]
... we're kind of blocked on them
14:30:24 [Josh_Soref]
... i think we want to unblock them
14:30:48 [Josh_Soref]
... we were using Gallery as the first test with Web Intents
14:30:50 [fjh]
Web Application Privacy Best Practices
14:30:58 [fjh]
would like to progress to Note
14:31:08 [fjh]
ACTION-470?
14:31:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-470 -- Frederick Hirsch to update web application privacy best practices related to active consent -- due 2011-11-10 -- OPEN
14:31:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/470
14:31:15 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: it has been around a long time
14:31:23 [Josh_Soref]
... i'd like to put out a CfC to publish it
14:31:38 [gombos_]
gombos_ has joined #dap
14:32:02 [fjh]
action: fjh to review Web Application Privacy Best Practices, complete ACTION-470, put out CfC to publish as Note
14:32:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-542 - Review Web Application Privacy Best Practices, complete ACTION-470, put out CfC to publish as Note [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-06-20].
14:32:25 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: i'll try to review it at some point tomorrow
14:32:44 [Josh_Soref]
ack me
14:32:44 [fjh]
ack Josh_Soref
14:32:46 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, you wanted to note that flat file systems do not scale well and to stick around and hold my
14:34:47 [gombos_]
gombos_ has left #dap
14:34:55 [gombos_]
gombos_ has joined #dap
14:35:48 [fjh]
josh_soref: if you are on a trip and take thousands of photos in three different cities, you want to be able to organize by city, a flat file system simply does not work
14:36:08 [fjh]
josh_soref: tags may be like file folder, but whatever is done you need to organize and search does not work
14:36:17 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Action Review
14:36:23 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open
14:36:36 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i'd like to do this before the F2F
14:36:46 [Josh_Soref]
... i think darobin had an action to ask the Web Intents
14:36:59 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: i don't think we sent an email to the list
14:37:05 [Josh_Soref]
jhawkins: no, that's for me to do, i'll do that today
14:37:17 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: CfC for MC update
14:37:44 [Josh_Soref]
... brian isn't on the call
14:37:49 [fjh]
ACTION-482?
14:37:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-482 -- Josh Soref to contacts find() may be replaced with Intents -- due 2011-11-11 -- OPEN
14:37:49 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/482
14:37:51 [Josh_Soref]
... Josh_Soref you have a bunch with contacts
14:37:59 [fjh]
ACTION-482?
14:37:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-482 -- Josh Soref to contacts find() may be replaced with Intents -- due 2011-11-11 -- OPEN
14:37:59 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/482
14:38:07 [fjh]
ACTION-483?
14:38:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-483 -- Josh Soref to send proposal to list for how Contacts will move forward -- due 2011-11-11 -- OPEN
14:38:07 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/483
14:38:24 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-482: this can be replaced by intents
14:38:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-482 Contacts find() may be replaced with Intents notes added
14:38:31 [Josh_Soref]
close ACTION-482
14:38:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-482 Contacts find() may be replaced with Intents closed
14:40:20 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: i worked with greg at DAP-Shenzhen on the intents api
14:40:31 [Josh_Soref]
... i thought we sent it out
14:40:52 [Josh_Soref]
... in which case the resolution is to point to the email
14:40:57 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: can we get it done before the F2f?
14:41:02 [Josh_Soref]
jhawkins: we can do that
14:41:24 [fjh]
ACTION-491?
14:41:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-491 -- Josh Soref to investigate using intents for Contacts, perhaps Calendar and Thermometer -- due 2011-11-30 -- OPEN
14:41:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/491
14:41:39 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: it sounds the same
14:41:57 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: the general consensus is to do calendar after contacts
14:42:12 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-491: Calendar happens after Contacts - because it's harder
14:42:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-491 Investigate using intents for Contacts, perhaps Calendar and Thermometer notes added
14:42:32 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-491: thermometer someone could throw up a demo intent
14:42:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-491 Investigate using intents for Contacts, perhaps Calendar and Thermometer notes added
14:42:41 [Josh_Soref]
close ACTION-491
14:42:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-491 Investigate using intents for Contacts, perhaps Calendar and Thermometer closed
14:43:22 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: Josh_Soref i thought you sent an example to the list about that
14:43:35 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: i think i talked it through in Shenzhen
14:44:01 [fjh]
fjh: should we be creating a thermometer API
14:44:12 [fjh]
josh_soref: no need for an actual spec for this one
14:44:17 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: there's a question of whether everything should have a w3c spec
14:44:27 [Josh_Soref]
... this is one i think that can just be on web intents
14:44:27 [fjh]
ACTION-489?
14:44:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-489 -- Robin Berjon to prepare Requirements, SysInfo, Messaging, Gallery for shelving (wait for text from Deepanshu for Reqs) -- due 2011-11-23 -- OPEN
14:44:31 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/489
14:44:33 [Josh_Soref]
... .org
14:44:39 [Zakim]
-Dzung_Tran
14:44:42 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i think that the shelving was all done
14:44:48 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: i think i've done all of those
14:44:55 [fjh]
ACTION-489: shelving done
14:44:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-489 Prepare Requirements, SysInfo, Messaging, Gallery for shelving (wait for text from Deepanshu for Reqs) notes added
14:45:00 [fjh]
ACTION-489 closed
14:45:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-489 Prepare Requirements, SysInfo, Messaging, Gallery for shelving (wait for text from Deepanshu for Reqs) closed
14:45:26 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i don't know what UPnP is up to
14:45:31 [Josh_Soref]
... Cathy ?
14:45:36 [Josh_Soref]
... do we want to put it on the Agenda
14:45:46 [Josh_Soref]
Cathy: i think it depends on whether Claes and richt would be there
14:45:53 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: Claes said he'd call in
14:46:01 [Clarke]
+1 for UPnP discussion
14:46:01 [Josh_Soref]
jhawkins: i'd be interested in talking about it
14:46:11 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i think we should slot it in the agenda
14:46:21 [fjh]
ACTION-516?
14:46:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-516 -- Josh Soref to propose Security Considerations section on SSL for Intents sepc -- due 2012-03-27 -- OPEN
14:46:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/516
14:47:18 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: i should have sent an email then
14:47:28 [Josh_Soref]
... it's basically a simple email
14:48:10 [fjh]
action: fjh to check with Josh Soref on actions next week
14:48:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-543 - Check with Josh Soref on actions next week [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-06-20].
14:48:32 [fjh]
ACTION-519?
14:48:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-519 -- Claes Nilsson to add a proposal for hidden disposition. -- due 2012-03-28 -- OPEN
14:48:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/519
14:48:51 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: did we finish that off?
14:49:06 [Josh_Soref]
jhawkins: we have some ideas, we might be able to take this on
14:49:41 [fjh]
ACTION-591: jhawkins - we have some ideas on this topic
14:49:41 [trackbot]
Sorry... adding notes to ACTION-591 failed, please let sysreq know about it
14:50:09 [fjh]
ACTION-519: member:jhawkins - we have some ideas on this topic
14:50:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-519 Add a proposal for hidden disposition. notes added
14:50:37 [fjh]
ACTION-531?
14:50:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-531 -- Robin Berjon to draft DAP charter version 3 -- due 2012-03-29 -- OPEN
14:50:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/531
14:50:41 [fjh]
ACTION-531 closed
14:50:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-531 Draft DAP charter version 3 closed
14:51:26 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: AOB
14:51:32 [fjh]
q?
14:51:33 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: anything i forgot?
14:52:03 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: i'll send out minutes tomorrow
14:52:29 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: if you have topics for the F2F Agenda, please feel free to add them to the wiki
14:52:42 [Josh_Soref]
... darobin and i will shuffle things around anyway
14:52:56 [Josh_Soref]
... if you have questions about logistics, please let me know
14:53:07 [Josh_Soref]
... please complete the questionaire attending or not
14:53:12 [Josh_Soref]
Adjourned
14:53:13 [Zakim]
-Clarke
14:53:14 [Zakim]
-jhawkins
14:53:15 [Zakim]
-dcheng3
14:53:17 [Josh_Soref]
trackbot, end meeting
14:53:17 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:53:17 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been fjh, +1.310.310.aaaa, +49.173.537.aabb, dcheng3, lgombos, AnssiK, jhawkins, +46.1.07.15.aacc, +1.503.542.aadd, niklas, +1.289.261.aaee,
14:53:20 [Zakim]
... Josh_Soref, Clarke, +1.781.266.aaff, Cathy, Dzung_Tran
14:53:20 [Zakim]
-Cathy
14:53:20 [Zakim]
-AnssiK
14:53:20 [Zakim]
-lgombos
14:53:22 [Zakim]
-niklas
14:53:22 [Zakim]
-fjh
14:53:25 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:53:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/13-dap-minutes.html trackbot
14:53:26 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:53:26 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/06/13-dap-actions.rdf :
14:53:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jhawkins to send URL for gallery chrome extension to the list [1]
14:53:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/06/13-dap-irc#T14-20-23
14:53:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fjh to start CfC for FPWD of proximity [2]
14:53:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/06/13-dap-irc#T14-29-30
14:53:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fjh to review Web Application Privacy Best Practices, complete ACTION-470, put out CfC to publish as Note [3]
14:53:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/06/13-dap-irc#T14-32-02
14:53:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fjh to check with Josh Soref on actions next week [4]
14:53:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/06/13-dap-irc#T14-48-10