IRC log of dap on 2012-05-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:48:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:48:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/05/30-dap-irc
13:48:08 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:48:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:48:10 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:48:10 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
13:48:11 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
13:48:11 [trackbot]
Date: 30 May 2012
13:48:32 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0288.html
13:49:09 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick_Hirsch
13:49:13 [fjh]
Present+ Frederick_Hirsch
13:49:52 [fjh]
Regrets+ Robin_Berjon, Marcos_Caceres
13:53:26 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:53:33 [Zakim]
+Josh_Soref
13:55:01 [Zakim]
+ +33.2.31.26.aaaa
13:55:22 [sylvain_lalande]
zakim, aaaa is sylvain_lalande
13:55:22 [Zakim]
+sylvain_lalande; got it
13:55:40 [dtran]
Present+ Dzung_Tran
13:55:52 [sylvain_lalande]
Present+ sylvain_lalande
13:55:59 [Josh_Soref]
Scribe: Josh_Soref
13:58:54 [Jungkee]
Jungkee has joined #dap
13:59:01 [Jungkee]
Present+ Jungkee_Song
13:59:19 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call?
13:59:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref, sylvain_lalande
13:59:43 [Zakim]
+dtran
13:59:58 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute me
13:59:58 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should now be muted
14:00:47 [Zakim]
+??P24
14:00:53 [Zakim]
+??P26
14:00:54 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
14:00:58 [fjh]
zakim, ??P26 is me
14:00:58 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
14:01:03 [Jungkee]
Zakim, ??p24 is me
14:01:03 [Zakim]
+Jungkee; got it
14:01:09 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:01:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/05/30-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:01:26 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:01:28 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:01:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/05/30-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:01:35 [Wonsuk]
Wonsuk has joined #dap
14:01:36 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:01:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref (muted), sylvain_lalande, dtran (muted), Jungkee, fjh
14:01:36 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Wonsuk, Claes, Jungkee, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, dtran, sylvain_lalande, richt, glenn, rektide, ilkka, slightlyoff, lgombos, Josh_Soref, trackbot, mounir, hiroto_away,
14:01:36 [Zakim]
... dom
14:02:04 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.00.aabb
14:02:19 [Claes]
Zakim, aabb is Claes
14:02:26 [Zakim]
+Claes; got it
14:02:43 [Claes]
Present+ Claes_Nilsson
14:02:53 [Wonsuk]
Present+ Wonsuk_Lee
14:03:04 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, Claes is Claes_Nilsson
14:03:04 [Zakim]
+Claes_Nilsson; got it
14:03:07 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, nick Claes is Claes_Nilsson
14:03:07 [Zakim]
ok, Josh_Soref, I now associate Claes with Claes_Nilsson
14:03:23 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:03:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref (muted), sylvain_lalande, dtran (muted), Jungkee, fjh, Claes_Nilsson
14:03:25 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Wonsuk, Claes, Jungkee, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, dtran, sylvain_lalande, richt, glenn, rektide, ilkka, slightlyoff, lgombos, Josh_Soref, trackbot, mounir, hiroto_away,
14:03:25 [Zakim]
... dom
14:03:43 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, Jungkee is Jungkee_Song
14:03:43 [Zakim]
+Jungkee_Song; got it
14:03:46 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, nick Jungkee is Jungkee_Song
14:03:46 [Zakim]
ok, Josh_Soref, I now associate Jungkee with Jungkee_Song
14:03:55 [fjh]
Topic: administrative, announcements
14:04:20 [fjh]
HTML Media Capture WD published, http://www.w3.org/TR/html-media-capture/
14:04:29 [fjh]
new list, system applications: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0270.html
14:04:39 [Josh_Soref]
s|HTML Media Capture WD published, http://www.w3.org/TR/html-media-capture/|-">http://www.w3.org/TR/html-media-capture/|-> http://www.w3.org/TR/html-media-capture/ HTML Media Capture WD published|
14:04:58 [Josh_Soref]
s|new list, system applications: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0270.html|-">http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0270.html|-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0270.html new list, system applications|
14:05:01 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Minutes Approval
14:05:04 [fjh]
Approve minutes from 23 May
14:05:04 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/att-0269/minutes-2012-05-23.html
14:05:22 [Zakim]
+??P31
14:05:29 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION Approve minutes from 23 May
14:05:34 [Josh_Soref]
s/RESOLUTION/RESOLUTION:/
14:05:37 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Proximity
14:05:45 [fjh]
Updated editors draft, Anssi
14:05:45 [fjh]
More tests, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0272.html (Marcos)
14:05:59 [fjh]
Function callback vs EventListener?, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0283.html
14:06:00 [fjh]
HTML patterns: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0286.html (Anne)
14:06:16 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: there's a couple of technical things that need to be worked out
14:06:20 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:06:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref (muted), sylvain_lalande, dtran (muted), Jungkee_Song, fjh, Claes_Nilsson, ??P31
14:06:23 [Josh_Soref]
... but i think this is something that needs to go on the list
14:06:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Wonsuk, Claes, Jungkee, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, dtran, sylvain_lalande, richt, glenn, rektide, ilkka, slightlyoff, lgombos, Josh_Soref, trackbot, mounir, hiroto_away,
14:06:23 [Zakim]
... dom
14:06:43 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:06:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/05/30-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:06:58 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, p31 is Wonsuk
14:06:58 [Zakim]
sorry, Josh_Soref, I do not recognize a party named 'p31'
14:07:01 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, ??p31 is Wonsuk
14:07:01 [Zakim]
+Wonsuk; got it
14:07:08 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: WebIntents
14:07:11 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0287.html
14:07:11 [fjh]
draft: dvcs.w3.org/hg/web-intents/raw-file/tip/spec/Overview.html
14:07:11 [fjh]
Please respond on public-web-intents list to CfC by 12 June
14:07:34 [Josh_Soref]
s|dvcs|http://dvcs|
14:07:40 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:07:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/05/30-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:07:48 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
14:07:57 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
14:08:00 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: ArtB responded about process
14:08:12 [Josh_Soref]
... it's good to have drafts published frequently
14:08:18 [Josh_Soref]
... it doesn't mean things aren't going to change
14:08:25 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:08:26 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref (muted), sylvain_lalande, dtran, Jungkee_Song, fjh, Claes_Nilsson, Wonsuk
14:08:26 [Zakim]
On IRC I see AnssiK, Wonsuk, Claes, Jungkee, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, dtran, sylvain_lalande, richt, glenn, rektide, ilkka, slightlyoff, lgombos, Josh_Soref, trackbot, mounir,
14:08:26 [Zakim]
... hiroto_away, dom
14:08:47 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Gallery
14:08:48 [samarth]
samarth has joined #dap
14:08:58 [fjh]
demo, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0280.html (Jungkee)
14:09:47 [fjh]
Device Storage API, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0291.html
14:09:50 [Josh_Soref]
Jungkee: i put a demo
14:09:58 [Josh_Soref]
... if people have tried the demo, i'd like to hear feedback
14:10:17 [fjh]
next steps, all to look at demo from Jungkee and also Device Storage API noted by Doug
14:10:51 [Josh_Soref]
... next step is to look at the use cases
14:11:48 [Josh_Soref]
... we are going to talk about web service integration
14:11:53 [Josh_Soref]
... or local storage integration
14:12:06 [Josh_Soref]
... we'd like to hear feedback about it
14:12:29 [Josh_Soref]
... WG ... gallery / media content API work
14:12:37 [Josh_Soref]
... draw some consensus about this API
14:12:45 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: we also need to look at what dougt provide
14:12:49 [Josh_Soref]
s/provide/provided/
14:13:17 [Josh_Soref]
... he had questions on his wiki
14:13:33 [Josh_Soref]
... i think the next step is to look at the demo, and the stuff dougt shared
14:13:55 [Josh_Soref]
... i'd like to take this to the list
14:14:02 [Josh_Soref]
... i'm not sure we'll have this done in a week
14:14:18 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Other Business
14:14:24 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: dom, anything i forgot?
14:14:51 [Josh_Soref]
... i'd request people respond to the CfC for WebIntents
14:14:59 [Josh_Soref]
... it's good to respond positively
14:15:10 [Josh_Soref]
... it's good to have discussions as early as possible
14:15:15 [Josh_Soref]
... it doesn't mean it's fixed
14:15:22 [Josh_Soref]
... it just means we go through more WDs
14:15:26 [Josh_Soref]
... please look at Jungkee 's demo
14:15:39 [Josh_Soref]
... I have to get logisitics for the Burlington F2F
14:15:43 [fjh]
action: fjh to provide logistics information for Burlington F2F
14:15:43 [Josh_Soref]
... out
14:15:46 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-540 - Provide logistics information for Burlington F2F [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-06-06].
14:15:59 [Josh_Soref]
... you'll be flying into Boston, Logan, Airport (BOS)
14:16:24 [Josh_Soref]
[ Adjourned ]
14:16:30 [Josh_Soref]
trackbot, end telcon
14:16:30 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:16:30 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Josh_Soref, +33.2.31.26.aaaa, sylvain_lalande, dtran, fjh, +46.1.08.00.aabb, Claes_Nilsson, Jungkee_Song, Wonsuk
14:16:37 [Zakim]
-Claes_Nilsson
14:16:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:16:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/05/30-dap-minutes.html trackbot
14:16:39 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:16:39 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/30-dap-actions.rdf :
14:16:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fjh to provide logistics information for Burlington F2F [1]
14:16:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/30-dap-irc#T14-15-43
14:16:41 [Zakim]
-dtran
14:16:42 [Zakim]
-Wonsuk
14:16:43 [Zakim]
-fjh