IRC log of tagmem on 2012-05-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:53:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tagmem
16:53:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/05/24-tagmem-irc
16:53:50 [masinter]
zakim, who's here
16:55:44 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tagmem
16:56:59 [masinter]
zakim, this will be tag_weekly
16:56:59 [Zakim]
ok, masinter, I see TAG_Weekly()1:00PM already started
16:57:07 [masinter]
zakim, who's here
16:57:07 [Zakim]
masinter, you need to end that query with '?'
16:57:10 [masinter]
zakim, who's here?
16:57:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Masinter
16:57:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, masinter, JeniT, noah_lunch, trackbot, plinss, Yves
16:57:54 [Zakim]
+plinss
16:59:28 [Zakim]
+Noah_Mendelsohn
16:59:37 [noah]
zakim, Noah_Mendelsohn is me
16:59:37 [Zakim]
+noah; got it
17:00:16 [noah]
zakim, who is here?
17:00:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Masinter, plinss, noah
17:00:17 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, masinter, JeniT, noah, trackbot, plinss, Yves
17:01:02 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #tagmem
17:01:07 [Zakim]
+??P11
17:01:31 [jar]
jar has joined #tagmem
17:01:56 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
17:01:57 [Zakim]
+TimBL
17:02:05 [Zakim]
+jar
17:02:26 [timbl]
timbl has joined #tagmem
17:02:33 [jar]
scribe: Jonathan Rees
17:02:44 [jar]
trackbot, start meeting
17:02:46 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:02:48 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be TAG
17:02:48 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see TAG_Weekly()1:00PM already started
17:02:49 [trackbot]
Meeting: Technical Architecture Group Teleconference
17:02:49 [trackbot]
Date: 24 May 2012
17:02:59 [jar]
scribenick: jar
17:03:14 [noah]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/05/24-agenda
17:03:23 [jar]
topic: Convene
17:03:58 [jar]
regrets from Robin for today
17:04:17 [jar]
Regrets: Yves Lafon, Henry Thompson
17:04:25 [jar]
Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
17:04:39 [noah]
No regrets for next week
17:04:50 [jar]
topic: Approve minutes of prior meeting
17:04:55 [noah]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/05/17-minutes
17:05:09 [timbl]
timbl has joined #tagmem
17:05:14 [jar]
RESOLVED: approve http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/05/17-minutes as record of that meeting
17:05:31 [jar]
topic: Administrative items
17:06:15 [jar]
noah: F2F - think about taking on vendor prefixes
17:06:38 [noah]
ACTION-697?
17:06:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-697 -- Larry Masinter to prepare for discussion of CA infrastructure weakness (e.g. DANE) -- due 2012-05-29 -- OPEN
17:06:38 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/697
17:07:18 [jar]
lm: I'm not going to do a lot more on DANE, not much we can do
17:07:36 [masinter]
s/more/more right now/
17:07:41 [noah]
close ACTION-697
17:07:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-697 Prepare for discussion of CA infrastructure weakness (e.g. DANE) closed
17:08:19 [noah]
. ACTION: Larry to keep an eye on issues relating to CA infrastructure weakness, including DANE - Due 2012-09-01
17:08:26 [noah]
ACTION: Larry to keep an eye on issues relating to CA infrastructure weakness, including DANE - Due 2012-09-01
17:08:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-710 - keep an eye on issues relating to CA infrastructure weakness, including DANE [on Larry Masinter - due 2012-09-01].
17:08:31 [masinter]
s/not much we/doesn't seem much the TAG/
17:08:51 [noah]
ACTION-690?
17:08:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-690 -- Jeni Tennison to sort next steps on Fragment Identifiers and Mime Types -- due 2012-05-05 -- PENDINGREVIEW
17:08:51 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/690
17:09:03 [noah]
ACTION-672?
17:09:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-672 -- Jeni Tennison to work with PLH to create W3C-sponsored registry of HTML extensions, and get that referenced from HTML media type registration, per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Jan/0048.html -- due 2012-05-29 -- OPEN
17:09:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/672
17:09:55 [noah]
I thought the ball was in my court to mark the product page approved
17:10:03 [jar]
jt: Re fragids and mime types, I did a product page, needs to be revised per comments
17:10:28 [jar]
nm: I thought we had approved the product page & the NM was supposed to do clerical work. Happy with product page
17:10:39 [jar]
s/the N/that NM/
17:10:52 [noah]
Jeni will mark product page as "not draft".
17:11:25 [noah]
close ACTION-690
17:11:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-690 sort next steps on Fragment Identifiers and Mime Types closed
17:11:25 [jar]
jt: I've done an initial draft that's currently with Larry. I can take an action to provide it for F2F
17:11:52 [jar]
lm: I'll try to get back to you [JT] by this weekend, otherwise just go ahead and publish
17:12:38 [jar]
nm: On the master work plan page we sometimes pull out 1-2 next steps, pls check that
17:13:08 [jar]
jt: Re action 672, let's talk about that when it's done
17:13:52 [Zakim]
-jar
17:13:54 [jar]
nm: I will do a local arrangements page for the F2F
17:14:19 [Zakim]
+jar
17:15:24 [jar]
Regrets LM for 3rd day of F2F
17:16:36 [Ashok]
+1
17:16:37 [jar]
topic: Vendor prefixes
17:17:15 [jar]
lm: Because it was a narrow enough use case, and the community was making progress, this seemed interesting
17:17:47 [jar]
lm: There are differences of opinion as to whether old stuff *should* go away ever [to force updates]
17:18:13 [jar]
lm: The question is whether the CSS experience could apply in other situations
17:18:50 [noah]
q+ to say that I think vendors are thinking in different terms
17:18:50 [jar]
lm: Interesting proposal to put dates in vendor prefixes.
17:19:15 [noah]
ack next
17:19:16 [Zakim]
noah, you wanted to say that I think vendors are thinking in different terms
17:19:24 [jar]
plinss: I don't think Apple has publicly said they're never going to drop things, seems flexible
17:19:38 [jar]
plinss: Mozilla, Opera have been aggressive about dropping prefixes
17:20:49 [jar]
nm: Difference between architecture and market pressure [?] - difficult to deal with market pressure issues in the TAG
17:21:17 [jar]
lm: I think it's part of designing standards and extensibility regimes. It's important what vendors say, not just what they do.
17:21:36 [jar]
lm: Authors aren't in the room, so we need to look for a trip point, and in this case it's the browsers
17:22:22 [jar]
nm: But vendors can't predict how things will go, so won't want to make any promises. Users want to deploy quickly and then never rev
17:23:04 [jar]
lm: I disagree. Don't think there's lock-in. There's no point in having a deployment plan unless people agree to abide by it
17:24:05 [noah]
I do understand what you're saying. I'm just skeptical that vendors will do what you want them to do.
17:24:21 [jar]
…I'm getting mixed messages. What you really want is that when a standard version comes a long, the prefixed version will go away. That means vendor needs to announce intent to remove nonstandard version, when standard arrives
17:24:59 [jar]
… What I was hoping for was that at least some browsers would have some visual indication of obsolete or soon to be obsolete features
17:25:08 [jar]
pl: SOme of them do this in their developer views
17:25:16 [noah]
The message I'm hearing is: many "customers" write their pages once, and then kill the funding or the teams that would be capable of rewriting them to change the spelling of things like CSS prefixes. The economic incentive for them to do that 2nd step isn't there.
17:26:31 [jar]
nm: Look at how people fund these projects. Right now they use vendor prefixes. Then they move on. What I heard is that the team has disbanded by this time. So this would mean decisions not to use the features in the first place
17:26:59 [jar]
lm: The use case was when there was a design team that wants continued work
17:27:42 [jar]
lm: There has to be lead time, so people are prepared
17:27:53 [jar]
lm: How can we strengthen the will to move on
17:28:01 [jar]
nm: SOmething the TAG can do?
17:28:20 [jar]
lm: Right now the deployment plans are locked inside places that are hard to find
17:28:52 [jar]
nm: Peter, how is CSS working on this issue?
17:29:24 [jar]
pl: We see most of the problem as education. Initiative to teach comes from the community, we try to correct them
17:29:52 [masinter]
i thought we could document the issues around deployment plans, and point out best practices about how to design extensibility methods
17:30:14 [masinter]
that's more general than CSS; we might look at why it is easier because of the "cascading" of style sheets
17:30:16 [jar]
nm: So what can we do. Isn't CSS already doing a lot
17:31:02 [jar]
pl: One way the TAG could help CSS is re proposal from Florian. I think his proposal would be harmful, and it would be useful if the TAG had an opinion on it
17:31:02 [masinter]
TAG could evaluate Florian's proposal and other alternatives?
17:31:39 [masinter]
if we worked on this, it should be rec-track
17:32:35 [jar]
lm: Is this is the kind of thing we work on, we should get wide community approval, head for Rec track. But from a perspective that doesn't tie it to CSS
17:32:50 [jar]
lm: Cascading makes this unique
17:33:34 [masinter]
is this a lesson for XML-ER?
17:33:52 [jar]
nm: We've tried to crack distributed extensibility nut many times. Agree that focus here is good. Feels like next step should come from CSS WG
17:34:09 [masinter]
for example, if this extensibility method doesn't apply to XML, is there a refocus of XML dealing with un-recognized elements to make it more extensibile?
17:34:18 [masinter]
s/sibile/sible/
17:34:32 [jar]
nm: Worried about umpteenth frontal assault on issue
17:34:35 [timbl]
q+
17:34:54 [noah]
ack next
17:34:58 [jar]
lm: Looking at specific cases is a good way to deal with general cases (Polya How to Solve It)
17:35:20 [jar]
tbl: Not a good time for TAG to generalize, good to look at cases
17:35:25 [masinter]
i'm a big fan of Polya -- here is a specific instance where a solution is tractable. The universal problem was too hard, but we might make progress on this one
17:35:50 [jar]
nm: Should we do anything else re Florian's proposal?
17:36:10 [masinter]
i think one of the big questions is whether "old stuff goes away" -- is it, or is it not, reasonable to assume that once a usage becomes significant it will never get dropped?
17:36:37 [jar]
jt: Didin't PL just say it would be helpful for the TAG to evaluate Florian's proposal?
17:37:25 [masinter]
i'd like to see the extensibility mechanism in CSS documented
17:37:46 [masinter]
in a way that actually corresponds to what CSS WG thinks the policy is
17:38:24 [jar]
lm: I'd like to see the CSS deployment policy to be written up, in one place. I don't think there is a document that describes the policy
17:38:54 [jar]
lm: Reluctant to compare a proposal to the current policy, in the absence of a document describing the policy
17:40:28 [jar]
pl: It would be sensible for the WG to do this
17:41:07 [jar]
lm: Peter, what do you want to do?
17:42:26 [jar]
pl: I'm not necessarily endorsing the current policy, just wanting to comment on Florian's proposal
17:42:44 [noah]
. ACTION: Peter to report on CSS WG plans for documenting policies relating to deployment and withdrawal of vendor-prefixed identifiers - Due 2012-06-11
17:42:59 [noah]
ACTION: Peter to report on CSS WG plans for documenting policies relating to deployment and withdrawal of vendor-prefixed identifiers - Due 2012-06-11
17:42:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-711 - report on CSS WG plans for documenting policies relating to deployment and withdrawal of vendor-prefixed identifiers [on Peter Linss - due 2012-06-11].
17:43:24 [jar]
topic: Pending review action items
17:43:35 [noah]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
17:43:55 [noah]
ACTION-541?
17:43:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-541 -- Jeni Tennison to helped by DKA to produce draft on technical issues relating to copyright/linking -- due 2012-05-15 -- OPEN
17:43:55 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/541
17:44:03 [noah]
JT: We agreed to bump
17:44:30 [noah]
ACTION-541 Due 2012-08-01
17:44:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-541 Helped by DKA to produce draft on technical issues relating to copyright/linking due date now 2012-08-01
17:44:38 [noah]
ACTION-6190?
17:44:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-6190 does not exist
17:44:41 [noah]
ACTION-610?
17:44:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-610 -- Jeni Tennison to draft initial cut at http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/metaformats -- due 2012-04-17 -- OPEN
17:44:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/610
17:44:54 [noah]
ACTION-610 Due 2012-05-29
17:44:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-610 Draft initial cut at http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/metaformats due date now 2012-05-29
17:45:11 [noah]
ACTION-677?
17:45:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-677 -- Noah Mendelsohn to contact HTML WG co-chairs to ask about timing for output of Encrypted Media TF -- due 2012-04-24 -- PENDINGREVIEW
17:45:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/677
17:45:34 [noah]
Reply from Maceij Stachowiak:
17:45:34 [noah]
The current status is:
17:45:34 [noah]
- The Task Force has been proposed, but not yet created
17:45:34 [noah]
- We posted a Call for Consensus on a proposal to create the Task Force
17:45:34 [noah]
- There have been numerous objections, statements of support, and considerable discussion
17:45:34 [noah]
- On request, and based on the amount of discussion, the Call for Consensus has been extended until at least April 18th, and may be extended further.
17:45:59 [masinter]
close, don't see any follow-ups
17:46:03 [jar]
nm: I did this one. Anyone want followup?
17:46:20 [noah]
close ACTION-677
17:46:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-677 Contact HTML WG co-chairs to ask about timing for output of Encrypted Media TF closed
17:46:35 [noah]
ACTION-682?
17:46:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-682 -- Jonathan Rees to suggest to TAG sections of HTTPbis specification that TAG should review -- due 2012-04-17 -- PENDINGREVIEW
17:46:35 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/682
17:47:08 [noah]
JAR: Mark Nottingham said sections in question will likely be changed. May not be time to comment.
17:47:12 [masinter]
there was also an objection that it wasn't really in scope for the document or IETF
17:47:41 [masinter]
s/document/HTTP document/
17:48:12 [noah]
ACTION-682?
17:48:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-682 -- Jonathan Rees to suggest to TAG sections of HTTPbis specification that TAG should review -- due 2012-07-10 -- OPEN
17:48:12 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/682
17:48:25 [noah]
ACTION-687?
17:48:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-687 -- Noah Mendelsohn to look for opportunities to discuss putting forward something to the AB about the Process and the failed reference from REC drafts to expired RFCs as a side-effect of scope creep etc. -- due 2012-05-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW
17:48:25 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/687
17:48:39 [noah]
http://www.w3.org/mid/4FA063B3.4080507%2540arcanedomain.com
17:49:07 [noah]
Proposal from Noah (25 April): http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Apr/0185.html
17:49:34 [noah]
Larry's note: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Apr/0207.html
17:49:46 [noah]
"
17:49:46 [noah]
I suggest the tag ask the AB more generally about the process for insuring our resolution affects the rec process. At what point are sppecs required to have stable references, and what are the explicit exception guidelines?"
17:52:22 [jar]
lm: Henry said he wanted to review the old advice he drafted. We agreed to let QA document stand for now, but that we should pick it up at some point [?]
17:52:45 [noah]
ACTION-669?
17:52:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-669 -- Henry Thompson to review http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/#ref-define-practice and see whether TAG needs to do more on references to evolving specs Due: 2012-08-01 -- due 2012-06-01 -- OPEN
17:52:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/669
17:52:57 [jar]
lm: That's the one
17:53:54 [jar]
lm: Suggest adding to that action something about tracking down the process question too
17:54:52 [jar]
lm: Link to the emails too in that note?
17:54:55 [noah]
close ACTION-687
17:54:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-687 Look for opportunities to discuss putting forward something to the AB about the Process and the failed reference from REC drafts to expired RFCs as a side-effect of scope creep etc. closed
17:55:00 [jar]
JR: they're linked from 687
17:55:24 [jar]
topic: Overdue action items
17:55:40 [jar]
nm: Especially looking for actions that lead into the F2F
17:55:40 [noah]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner
17:55:48 [Zakim]
-JeniT
17:56:56 [jar]
nm: A high proportion of these are owned by people not on call
17:57:28 [masinter]
action-606
17:57:35 [noah]
Larry: ACTION-685
17:57:51 [masinter]
action-543
17:57:56 [jar]
jr: My actions related to f2f: 704, 201. Action in progress not related to F2F: 695
17:57:58 [noah]
ACTION-693 was raised in the context of storage, I think.
17:58:17 [noah]
ACTION-606?
17:58:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-606 -- Peter Linss to invite I18N and other concerned groups to provide written technical input as prep to discussion with the TAG regarding unicode normalization -- due 2012-05-23 -- OPEN
17:58:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/606
17:58:22 [noah]
ACTION-585?
17:58:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-585 -- Larry Masinter to meet with Yves prior to the IETF document to review this draft-freed-media-type-regs-00. -- due 2011-07-28 -- CLOSED
17:58:22 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/585
17:58:25 [jar]
jr: Planning to work on 201 soon but probably not ready for F2F
17:58:25 [noah]
ACTION-543?
17:58:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-543 -- Peter Linss to propose addition to MIME/Web draft to discuss sem-web use of fragids not grounded in media type -- due 2012-05-23 -- OPEN
17:58:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/543
17:58:32 [noah]
ACTION-704?
17:58:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-704 -- Jonathan Rees to with help from Jeni and Henry to try to identify next steps for moving forward on httpRange-14 -- due 2012-05-15 -- OPEN
17:58:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/704
17:58:39 [noah]
ACTION-201?
17:58:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-201 -- Jonathan Rees to report on status of AWWSW discussions -- due 2012-05-15 -- OPEN
17:58:39 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/201
17:58:52 [noah]
ACTION-693?]
17:58:54 [noah]
ACTION-693?
17:58:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-693 -- Robin Berjon to draft scope and goals for the Patterns/Pitfalls work in local/remote storage synch -- due 2012-04-19 -- OPEN
17:58:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/693
17:59:06 [noah]
ACTION-606?
17:59:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-606 -- Peter Linss to invite I18N and other concerned groups to provide written technical input as prep to discussion with the TAG regarding unicode normalization -- due 2012-05-23 -- OPEN
17:59:06 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/606
18:00:10 [noah]
ACTION-606?
18:00:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-606 -- Peter Linss to invite I18N and other concerned groups to provide written technical input as prep to discussion with the TAG regarding unicode normalization -- due 2012-05-23 -- OPEN
18:00:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/606
18:00:42 [masinter]
what input on I18N and normalization does the TAG want?
18:01:17 [masinter]
this is on comparison & normalization?
18:01:57 [jar]
lm: I'm interested & willing to talk about unicode normalization. Hard to tell whether this is about CSS selectors
18:02:21 [jar]
pl: Selectors is just one of many places. Question is early, late, very late normalization
18:02:21 [masinter]
i run into this with IRI docs
18:02:40 [masinter]
if we're going to talk about unicode normalization, i'd want to cover IRIs too then
18:03:03 [Ashok]
+1 to Larry
18:03:26 [jar]
lm: If we're going to talk about unicode normalization, the IRI issues need to be in scope
18:03:40 [jar]
… want to put the IRI comparison document in scope
18:03:54 [jar]
nm: The action doesn't mention CSS, it's the I8n WG
18:04:10 [jar]
lm: A month ago they committed to reviwing the IRI documents
18:04:43 [jar]
nm: I just want to know if this is to be a F2F session
18:04:43 [masinter]
s/they/I18N WG/
18:05:04 [jar]
pl: Reluctant to ask them for a document without TAG commitment to work on this [?]
18:05:09 [Ashok]
q+
18:05:30 [jar]
nm: I don't think their effort will be wasted
18:05:35 [noah]
ack next
18:05:54 [jar]
am: Didn't we get something from Addison outlining what the issues were?
18:06:09 [masinter]
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-comparison
18:06:51 [masinter]
and http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-comparison-01#section-5.2.2 in particular
18:07:49 [jar]
nm: Can I delegate to Peter the decision about how to talk to I18N and whether to schedule a F2F session?
18:08:10 [noah]
. ACTION: Peter to help us decide whether to have F2F session on i18n and comparison Due 2012-05-29
18:08:19 [jar]
lm: If we decide to talk about it, I'll help prepare, but have no particular opinion on whether to talk about it
18:08:33 [noah]
. ACTION: Peter to help us decide whether to have F2F session on i18n and comparison Due 2012-05-29
18:08:49 [noah]
ACTION: Peter to help us decide whether to have F2F session on i18n and comparison Due 2012-05-29
18:08:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-712 - Help us decide whether to have F2F session on i18n and comparison Due 2012-05-29 [on Peter Linss - due 2012-05-31].
18:08:57 [noah]
ACTION-606?
18:08:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-606 -- Peter Linss to invite I18N and other concerned groups to provide written technical input as prep to discussion with the TAG regarding unicode normalization -- due 2012-05-23 -- OPEN
18:08:57 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/606
18:09:19 [noah]
ACTION-606 Due 2012-06-12
18:09:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-606 Invite I18N and other concerned groups to provide written technical input as prep to discussion with the TAG regarding unicode normalization due date now 2012-06-12
18:10:43 [noah]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open?sort=owner
18:10:50 [jar]
nm: We'll be talking about the high priority items for sure, just trying to find other things we ought to talk about at the F2F, that we might have forgotten about
18:11:19 [noah]
ACTION-694?
18:11:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-694 -- Noah Mendelsohn to work up simple intro to http+aes uri scheme and schedule discussion, possibly with PLH -- due 2012-05-29 -- OPEN
18:11:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/694
18:12:24 [noah]
This is about the proposed acct: URI scheme http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012May/0097.html
18:14:12 [jar]
nm: Tim, last week we had a F2F planning session, and the agenda looked thin. So I scheduled today's discussion of pending and overdue actions
18:14:38 [noah]
ACTION-543?
18:14:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-543 -- Peter Linss to propose addition to MIME/Web draft to discuss sem-web use of fragids not grounded in media type -- due 2012-05-23 -- OPEN
18:14:38 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/543
18:15:57 [noah]
ACTION-543 relates to what Jeni's doing right?
18:16:00 [noah]
LM: Right.
18:16:03 [jar]
lm: When I saw 543 I thought it was about Jeni's draft
18:16:22 [jar]
lm: Just change the title
18:17:02 [noah]
ACTION-543?
18:17:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-543 -- Peter Linss to propose addition to Fragid draft to discuss sem-web use of fragids not grounded in media type -- due 2012-07-17 -- OPEN
18:17:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/543
18:17:18 [noah]
ACTION-606?
18:17:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-606 -- Peter Linss to invite I18N and other concerned groups to provide written technical input as prep to discussion with the TAG regarding unicode normalization -- due 2012-06-12 -- OPEN
18:17:18 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/606
18:17:35 [noah]
ACTION-478?
18:17:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-478 -- Jonathan Rees to prepare a second draft of a finding on persistence of references, to be based on decision tree from Oct. 2010 F2F -- due 2012-04-24 -- OPEN
18:17:35 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/478
18:17:54 [noah]
JAR: Working on it, but not for F2F
18:18:03 [noah]
JAR: Maybe should talk to Larry
18:18:27 [noah]
ACTION-478 is a MAYBE for the F2F
18:19:08 [noah]
ACTION-478 Due 2012-07-10
18:19:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-478 Prepare a second draft of a finding on persistence of references, to be based on decision tree from Oct. 2010 F2F due date now 2012-07-10
18:19:18 [masinter]
meaning now = which you wish to have persist'
18:19:19 [noah]
ACTION-704?
18:19:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-704 -- Jonathan Rees to with help from Jeni and Henry to try to identify next steps for moving forward on httpRange-14 -- due 2012-05-15 -- OPEN
18:19:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/704
18:19:34 [noah]
ACTION-704 Due 2012-05-29
18:19:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-704 with help from Jeni and Henry to try to identify next steps for moving forward on httpRange-14 due date now 2012-05-29
18:19:37 [masinter]
s/which/'the associations which/
18:19:47 [noah]
ACTION-695?
18:19:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-695 -- Jonathan Rees to check with Thomas Roessler on whether security review of CORS is coming up in W3C/IETF liaison -- due 2012-04-19 -- OPEN
18:19:47 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/695
18:20:10 [noah]
JAR: I have pinged him.
18:20:18 [noah]
ACTION-695 Due 2012-05-29
18:20:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-695 Check with Thomas Roessler on whether security review of CORS is coming up in W3C/IETF liaison due date now 2012-05-29
18:20:23 [noah]
NM: 695 is happening?
18:20:25 [noah]
JAR: Yes.
18:20:31 [noah]
ACTION-201?
18:20:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-201 -- Jonathan Rees to report on status of AWWSW discussions -- due 2012-05-15 -- OPEN
18:20:31 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/201
18:20:47 [noah]
ACTION-201 Due 2012-06-02
18:20:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-201 Report on status of AWWSW discussions due date now 2012-06-02
18:21:00 [noah]
ACTIOM-650?
18:21:26 [masinter]
i had a interesting convo (cc'd www-archive) on issue-57 and think the distinction between communication & semantics perspectives is key
18:21:37 [noah]
ACTIOM-650?
18:21:44 [noah]
ACTION-650?
18:21:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-650 -- Jonathan Rees to review what provenance WG is doing with an eye to application to privacy issues -- due 2012-04-17 -- OPEN
18:21:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/650
18:21:55 [noah]
ACTION-650 Due 2012-08-01
18:21:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-650 Review what provenance WG is doing with an eye to application to privacy issues due date now 2012-08-01
18:22:09 [masinter]
culminating on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2012May/0035.html
18:22:39 [Zakim]
-TimBL
18:22:41 [jar]
ADJOURNED
18:22:41 [Zakim]
-Masinter
18:22:42 [Zakim]
-plinss
18:22:44 [Zakim]
-noah
18:22:54 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
18:22:56 [jar]
rrsagent, pointer
18:22:56 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2012/05/24-tagmem-irc#T18-22-56
18:22:56 [Zakim]
-jar
18:22:56 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()1:00PM has ended
18:22:56 [Zakim]
Attendees were Masinter, plinss, noah, JeniT, Ashok_Malhotra, TimBL, jar
18:52:17 [JeniT]
JeniT has joined #tagmem
20:16:04 [JeniT]
JeniT has joined #tagmem
20:29:48 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tagmem