IRC log of rd on 2012-05-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:24:18 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
13:24:18 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/05/16-rd-irc
13:24:20 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:24:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rd
13:24:22 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:24:22 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
13:24:23 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:24:23 [trackbot]
Date: 16 May 2012
13:24:35 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
13:24:35 [Zakim]
shadi, I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be rdwg".
13:24:45 [shadi]
chair: Simon
13:25:07 [shadi]
regrets: Shawn, Giorgio, Yeliz
13:25:52 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2012May/0015.html
13:25:55 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has now started
13:26:02 [Zakim]
+??P12
13:26:10 [vivienne]
zakim, ??P12 is me
13:26:10 [Zakim]
+vivienne; got it
13:30:10 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:30:14 [shadi]
agenda?
13:30:17 [shawn]
shawn has joined #rd
13:30:19 [shadi]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)
13:30:19 [shadi]
Agenda+ Mobile Topic Update (Yeliz, Peter, Simon)
13:30:19 [shadi]
Agenda+ Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi)
13:30:20 [shadi]
Agenda+ Topic 3 Timelines - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Topic_3_Timeline
13:30:22 [shadi]
Agenda+ Timelines / Schedule to 30th June 2013 (Simon)
13:30:24 [shadi]
Agenda+ Issues and Actions (Standing Item):
13:30:26 [shadi]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/
13:30:28 [shadi]
Agenda+ Any Other Business (Standing Item)
13:30:55 [Zakim]
+Shawn
13:31:04 [shawn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:31:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see vivienne, Shadi, Shawn
13:32:19 [sharper]
sharper has joined #rd
13:32:32 [sharper]
zakim, agenda?
13:32:32 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda:
13:32:34 [Zakim]
1. Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments) [from shadi]
13:32:34 [Zakim]
2. Mobile Topic Update (Yeliz, Peter, Simon) [from shadi]
13:32:34 [Zakim]
3. Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi) [from shadi]
13:32:34 [Zakim]
4. Topic 3 Timelines - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Topic_3_Timeline [from shadi]
13:32:34 [Zakim]
5. Timelines / Schedule to 30th June 2013 (Simon) [from shadi]
13:32:35 [Zakim]
6. Issues and Actions (Standing Item): [from shadi]
13:32:37 [Zakim]
7. Any Other Business (Standing Item) [from shadi]
13:32:38 [markel]
markel has joined #rd
13:33:00 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:33:00 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
13:33:03 [peter]
peter has joined #rd
13:33:10 [Zakim]
+??P16
13:33:22 [sharper]
zakim, ??P16 is sharper
13:33:22 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
13:33:35 [christos]
christos has joined #rd
13:33:40 [shadi]
agenda?
13:34:04 [Zakim]
+??P15
13:34:16 [Zakim]
+??P17
13:34:16 [christos]
zakim, ??P15 is me
13:34:17 [Zakim]
+christos; got it
13:34:30 [christos]
zakim, mute me
13:34:30 [Zakim]
christos should now be muted
13:34:30 [peter]
Zakim ??P17 is me
13:34:45 [shawn]
agenda 4 is Topic 3 Pre-call http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2012May/0023.html
13:34:47 [Zakim]
+??P18
13:34:55 [peter]
zakim, ??P17 is me
13:34:55 [Zakim]
+peter; got it
13:34:56 [shawn]
zakim, agenda 4 is Topic 3 Pre-call http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2012May/0023.html
13:34:57 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, shawn
13:35:02 [markel]
zakim, ??P18 is markel
13:35:02 [Zakim]
+markel; got it
13:35:05 [shawn]
item 4 is Topic 3 Pre-call http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2012May/0023.html
13:35:11 [peter]
zakim, mute me
13:35:11 [Zakim]
peter should now be muted
13:35:18 [shawn]
agenda 4 = Topic 3 Pre-call http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2012May/0023.html
13:35:31 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:35:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see vivienne (muted), Shadi, Shawn, sharper, christos (muted), peter (muted), markel
13:36:03 [shawn]
agenda+ Scientific Committee invitations http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2012May/0022.html
13:36:11 [peter]
Hey Shadi I'm here :-)
13:36:21 [shawn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:36:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see vivienne (muted), Shadi, Shawn, sharper, christos (muted), peter (muted), markel
13:36:23 [peter]
I can scribe :-)
13:36:24 [vivienne]
go Peter!~
13:36:34 [shadi]
scribe: peter
13:36:41 [peter]
Zakim, take up item 1
13:36:41 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from shadi]
13:36:42 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
13:36:44 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments), closed
13:36:44 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:36:44 [Zakim]
2. Mobile Topic Update (Yeliz, Peter, Simon) [from shadi]
13:36:55 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:36:55 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Mobile Topic Update (Yeliz, Peter, Simon)" taken up [from shadi]
13:37:09 [peter]
go for it :-)
13:37:14 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:37:14 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:37:42 [peter]
Simon: symposium update on status ...
13:37:49 [peter]
reviews due monday (email)
13:38:00 [peter]
…advocates should sign up
13:38:27 [peter]
…timeline we have a rebuttal - may be able to skip based on acceptance of 6 papers
13:38:48 [peter]
…this could save us some time if so
13:39:02 [peter]
…update on Wednesday and where we're up to on the mobile topic
13:39:19 [shadi]
q+
13:39:22 [vivienne]
no, all seems okay to me
13:39:22 [shadi]
ack me
13:39:25 [peter]
q+
13:40:57 [sharper]
ISSUE: Mobile Topic - Scientific Committee Input - also combine with WAI CG
13:40:57 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-2 - Mobile Topic - Scientific Committee Input - also combine with WAI CG ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/issues/2/edit .
13:41:12 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:41:12 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:41:16 [peter]
sorry scribe was ask for a moment :(
13:41:24 [markel]
sounds good
13:41:32 [sharper]
ack p
13:41:33 [peter]
simon: we need to start using this so we don't forget stuff
13:41:36 [peter]
ack me
13:41:43 [shadi]
scribe: shadi
13:41:53 [peter]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile_Accessibility,%20http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile
13:42:06 [shadi]
peter: two wiki pages for the mobile symposium
13:42:14 [shadi]
...do we need any updates to that?
13:42:18 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile_Accessibility
13:42:21 [shadi]
scribe: shawn
13:42:23 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile
13:42:23 [shawn]
shadi: scientific committe has lots of knowledge in this area. think of different modality for the symposium. also, bring to WAI CG, which will have input
13:42:29 [shadi]
scribe: peter
13:42:40 [peter]
simon: need more work on 1st one
13:42:48 [peter]
… mobile one looks good
13:43:07 [peter]
… mobile accessibility needs more work
13:43:16 [peter]
… more flesh on the bones needed
13:44:05 [peter]
… need more background
13:44:17 [peter]
…add comments from scientific community ...
13:44:24 [shawn]
q+ to ask if http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile was just the draft for the webpage -- in which case, that should be clearly noted
13:44:41 [peter]
…this is the second draft
13:44:51 [shawn]
ack me
13:44:52 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to ask if http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile was just the draft for the webpage -- in which case, that should be clearly noted
13:45:00 [peter]
…we put a lot of work into this one and I think it is is good (Mobile)
13:45:11 [peter]
shawn: that information is old news (Mobile)
13:45:21 [peter]
simon: main page, metric one still has it there
13:45:44 [shadi]
+1 to shawn
13:45:45 [peter]
shawn: need a link to latest version
13:45:46 [sharper]
This is an internal planning page. Please see the main Website Accessibility Metrics Symposium page
13:45:57 [peter]
simon: benchmarking page also has this on it - something like that would do
13:46:07 [peter]
…ok we can do that
13:46:12 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
13:46:12 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
13:46:15 [peter]
zakim, mute me
13:46:15 [Zakim]
peter should now be muted
13:46:43 [shawn]
ack me
13:46:53 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2012/mobile/cfp
13:47:09 [peter]
here is the mail posting for the CFP: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2012AprJun/0013
13:47:11 [shawn]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2012/mobile/
13:48:46 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile
13:49:05 [peter]
simon: *updated wiki page for Mobile*
13:49:09 [peter]
yup
13:49:15 [peter]
Zakim, close up item 2
13:49:15 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close up item 2', peter
13:49:36 [sharper]
zakim, close item 2
13:49:36 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Mobile Topic Update (Yeliz, Peter, Simon), closed
13:49:36 [peter]
what is the command again?
13:49:37 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:49:37 [Zakim]
3. Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi) [from shadi]
13:49:39 [peter]
oh
13:49:46 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 3
13:49:46 [peter]
Zakim, take up item 3
13:49:47 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi)" taken up [from shadi]
13:49:47 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi)" taken up [from shadi]
13:50:15 [markel]
q+
13:50:17 [peter]
looks like its up to you Shawn :-)
13:50:28 [shawn]
q+ to suggest "Research Note on Web Accessibility Metrics" -> "Research Report on Web Accessibility Metrics"
13:50:31 [peter]
markel: regarding research note
13:50:32 [shawn]
ack m
13:50:38 [peter]
…working on improving the sections
13:50:44 [shadi]
q+
13:50:48 [peter]
…added proceeding sections etc.
13:51:02 [peter]
…link to new version
13:51:05 [markel]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2011/metrics/note/ED-metrics-20120516
13:51:27 [shawn]
zakim, unmute me
13:51:27 [Zakim]
Shawn was not muted, shawn
13:51:42 [peter]
shawn: looks good (proceeding)
13:52:15 [peter]
markel: have a few typos with author names
13:52:40 [peter]
simon: I think its really nice. if we could ad to the referencing on how to..
13:52:48 [peter]
markel: that would be great
13:52:57 [peter]
simon: need to decide how to cite this document
13:53:23 [shawn]
q?
13:53:24 [peter]
…what's the process now?
13:53:38 [peter]
…getting it approved etc.
13:53:40 [shawn]
ack me
13:53:40 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to suggest "Research Note on Web Accessibility Metrics" -> "Research Report on Web Accessibility Metrics"
13:53:42 [sharper]
ack sha
13:54:13 [peter]
shawn: suggest title change from * to research report on web accessibility .. don't need to have note type and I think research report would be stronger
13:54:33 [peter]
markel: I'm accustomed to it but whatever you decide I also like research note
13:54:49 [peter]
simon: technical note or technical report
13:54:50 [shawn]
the type of document is a "W3C Working Group Note"
13:54:55 [peter]
markel: we can go ahead with this
13:55:17 [peter]
shawn: since establishing for the future would be good to come up with something now
13:55:27 [vivienne]
I'm okay with either
13:55:29 [peter]
simon: sure and I'll get that sent off
13:55:48 [peter]
…not a technical report or better a research report?
13:55:53 [peter]
…what do you think is stronger?
13:55:58 [vivienne]
I like research
13:56:01 [peter]
markel: I like research report
13:56:05 [christos]
research report
13:56:08 [shadi]
+1 to "research"
13:56:08 [peter]
…since we're the RD group
13:56:15 [peter]
simon: every likes research report
13:56:18 [peter]
+1 rp
13:56:37 [peter]
shawn: in email note type of document is a W3C working note
13:56:54 [peter]
simon: I think this looks excellent!
13:57:04 [peter]
…(metrics note)
13:57:07 [shadi]
[agree that "Research Note ... WG Note" is a little confusing, especially to those who speak W3C jargon]
13:57:08 [shawn]
s/ is a W3C working note/is a "W3C Working Group Note"
13:57:23 [markel]
:-)
13:57:29 [peter]
:-)
13:57:36 [shawn]
q?
13:57:39 [shadi]
ack me
13:58:18 [peter]
shadi: cudos to the editors
13:58:31 [markel]
thanks Shadi
13:58:33 [peter]
…content is really great work
13:58:43 [peter]
…set a nice bar for the next symposium
13:59:22 [peter]
…regarding process, I'll make those edits to authors and other simple edits, so long as we have a WG decision
13:59:28 [peter]
…for example the title change
14:00:01 [peter]
…then we need to record in a next meeting that we have a consensus from a majority of the participants in good standing
14:00:16 [peter]
…then I can proceed with the publication process
14:00:27 [peter]
…only some of the marking will change
14:00:49 [peter]
…different groups do this differently on determining consensus
14:01:11 [peter]
…several possibilities to do this
14:01:25 [peter]
…Simon it's up to you how to do this
14:01:27 [markel]
I would do the thing which is faster
14:01:37 [shawn]
ack me
14:01:46 [peter]
simon: I'll look at the pros and cons and of the different possibilities
14:01:58 [peter]
shadi: I have a few past surveys that can be reused
14:02:04 [peter]
simon: good
14:02:16 [peter]
shawn: I prefer WBS or email
14:02:32 [peter]
…everyone's answers are recorded and people not on the call can voice their support
14:03:03 [peter]
shadi: I've seen WBS does seem more formal with better results
14:03:34 [peter]
…email is another possibility with an email about speaking up now ..
14:03:42 [peter]
….but I prefer WBS
14:04:32 [peter]
…director needs to approve each publication
14:04:43 [peter]
…takes a couple of days
14:05:15 [peter]
…probably 2 weeks for full approval (?)
14:05:18 [markel]
q+
14:05:53 [peter]
markel: I like simons suggestion about putting bib text on top of each paper
14:06:01 [shadi]
q+
14:06:06 [peter]
…improves citing
14:06:06 [shadi]
ack m
14:06:27 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2011/metrics/paper1/
14:06:29 [shadi]
ack me
14:06:47 [peter]
shadi: I can do this (bib text), do we want to add this after the reference or where?
14:06:57 [peter]
markel: I would put it on top of the paper
14:07:00 [peter]
simon: I agree
14:07:12 [vivienne]
I'd also like it on the top
14:07:13 [peter]
…front and centre very easy to reference
14:07:40 [peter]
…the research report itself where we have the appendix is their anyway to put this citation at the top somewhere? or
14:07:52 [peter]
shadi: what we have in appendix?
14:08:20 [peter]
simon: how to cite the document itself - is it possible to add this so it doesn't get missed (eg. to the status of the document)
14:08:25 [peter]
shadi: a little unusual
14:08:43 [peter]
shawn: could we add it another section - how to cite this document?
14:09:01 [peter]
simon: could go up with the editors section near the top
14:09:15 [peter]
…would like near as top but without breaking any W3 rules
14:09:22 [peter]
shadi: I know of an alternate version
14:09:49 [peter]
…other wise the front matter of the document is strictly checked against the publication rules for consistency
14:10:00 [peter]
…will double check if we can have this somewhere earlier
14:10:07 [peter]
…WCAG did something similar
14:10:19 [peter]
…I'll double check that
14:10:21 [markel]
yes, thanks Shadi
14:11:04 [shadi]
action: shadi to check moving "how to cite this document" to the top of the research note
14:11:05 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-21 - Check moving "how to cite this document" to the top of the research note [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2012-05-23].
14:11:23 [shadi]
action: shadi to add bibtex information to each paper
14:11:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-22 - Add bibtex information to each paper [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2012-05-23].
14:11:27 [shawn]
ACTION: Shawn add to http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/rd/SP-design BibTex
14:11:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-23 - Add to http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/rd/SP-design BibTex [on Shawn Henry - due 2012-05-23].
14:11:34 [peter]
shadi: back to the papers
14:11:51 [peter]
…right next to the title we have a note about the contribution to the symposium
14:12:03 [peter]
..perhaps change it so we can add citing info here
14:12:19 [markel]
that sounds good to me
14:12:24 [peter]
…something temporary now until we have the new design in place
14:12:52 [peter]
simon: so long as people can cite immediately and change later when we get the new design - thats fine with me
14:13:04 [peter]
shadi: I'll work with shawn on this and discuss with the group next week
14:13:12 [peter]
zakim, close item 3
14:13:12 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi), closed
14:13:15 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:13:15 [Zakim]
4. Topic 3 Pre-call http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2012May/0023.html
14:13:24 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
14:13:24 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
14:13:49 [peter]
Simon: we should be talking about the pre call now
14:13:59 [peter]
…with a view to release this pre-call
14:14:04 [shadi]
action: shadi to work with shawn on updating the highlight note at the top of the paper contributions
14:14:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-24 - Work with shawn on updating the highlight note at the top of the paper contributions [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2012-05-23].
14:14:13 [shadi]
regrets- shawn
14:14:30 [peter]
…look at the pre cal with the above url and the other thing to do is whether or not to release internal to the W3C or to all the other channels
14:18:00 [vivienne]
ok
14:18:06 [christos]
ok
14:18:28 [peter]
shawn: 1) relation to easy to read
14:18:44 [peter]
…potential topic overlap with easy to read
14:19:16 [peter]
…email some issue with combining text customization or not
14:19:31 [peter]
…one issue is timing, where easy to read hasn't which would delay the announcement
14:19:52 [peter]
…another issue is the focus on text customization if we combined it, it may get over shadowed
14:20:21 [peter]
…question back in march of whether enough submissions have 10 yes and 4 might
14:20:35 [shadi]
regrets+ Klaus
14:20:49 [peter]
…another potential for chairs if they want to develop easy to read and propose it as the next symposium
14:21:00 [peter]
…if so we could note this as coming up next
14:21:12 [peter]
simon: 1) combination of easy to rease
14:21:16 [vivienne]
q+
14:21:22 [peter]
..how many people supper this?
14:21:23 [vivienne]
ack me
14:21:30 [shadi]
q+
14:21:32 [vivienne]
ack me
14:22:04 [peter]
vivian: understand what shawn was saying but I think a lot of overlap exists between the two topics
14:22:30 [shadi]
s/vivian/vivienne
14:22:52 [peter]
shawn: vivian I think that their related that it may make sense to do them one after the other
14:23:07 [peter]
…text customization has a specific focus
14:23:33 [peter]
…while they have relation they may compliment each other nicely by going one after the other
14:23:58 [peter]
…klaus said it would be good to have it one after the other, then came back with 3 ideas for symposiums
14:24:05 [shadi]
ack me
14:24:08 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
14:24:08 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
14:24:31 [peter]
shadi: on one side shawn convinced me that content wise text cost. is a topic on its own
14:24:38 [peter]
…related to certain types of disabilities
14:24:53 [peter]
…on the other hand the more focus it is to get sufficient contributions
14:25:00 [peter]
..trouble with this in the past
14:25:31 [peter]
…in previous discussions with andrea she has concern that having separate symposiums may draw away participation
14:26:18 [vivienne]
is it possible that the same authors would be involved in both?
14:26:33 [peter]
…while having next symposium can announce the next - to have a pre announcement
14:26:42 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
14:26:42 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
14:26:46 [peter]
simon: I agree that that might be a good idea
14:26:57 [peter]
…would like to make a decision on the topic
14:27:17 [markel]
q+
14:27:30 [sharper]
ack ma
14:27:53 [peter]
markel: if we have 2 symposiums, we may postpone the queued one
14:27:58 [peter]
simon: no decision yet
14:28:14 [peter]
…question now is do we want to split these topics up
14:28:54 [peter]
…based on submissions etc.
14:29:51 [shadi]
+.075
14:29:55 [peter]
…proposal that text customization runs on its own (+1 if yes)
14:30:00 [shawn]
+1 to text customization on it's own
14:30:13 [shadi]
+0.75
14:30:22 [vivienne]
sorry, really not sure - leaning towards -1
14:30:25 [shawn]
zakim, is on the phone?
14:30:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, shawn.
14:30:26 [peter]
.5 leaning towards combining
14:30:29 [christos]
-1
14:30:36 [markel]
-1
14:30:46 [markel]
Shadi only integers :-)
14:30:51 [peter]
lol
14:31:19 [peter]
shawn: my concern is the points I've mentioned
14:31:29 [peter]
…would like to hear more about the -1's
14:31:39 [markel]
my rationale: we should try to get as much submissions as possible
14:31:51 [markel]
considering the decline in submissions from symposium 1 to 2
14:32:03 [peter]
…one issue is timing and the other is that text cust. not get overshadowed
14:32:18 [christos]
I think there is a important overlap between the two...
14:32:18 [shadi]
[respondint to markel: topic 2 was broader than topic 1!]
14:32:20 [peter]
q+
14:32:28 [peter]
ack me
14:32:40 [shadi]
s/respondint/responding
14:32:48 [shadi]
q+
14:32:50 [markel]
q+
14:32:54 [peter]
zakim, mute me
14:32:54 [Zakim]
peter should now be muted
14:32:55 [christos]
(I lost audio connection)...
14:32:59 [shadi]
ack me
14:33:08 [shadi]
ack m
14:33:11 [peter]
peter: may lose easy to read in the future
14:33:25 [peter]
markel: when you have 14 ppl waiting to submit we try to max the submissions
14:33:39 [peter]
…some are likely to get rejected
14:33:48 [peter]
…would like to see the relationship between two topics
14:34:14 [peter]
shawn: second bit is for readability
14:34:23 [peter]
…the title
14:34:48 [peter]
shadi: not convinced that the latter two arguments is the only factor in getting more topics
14:34:59 [markel]
denitely
14:35:03 [peter]
s/topcs/submission/
14:35:03 [markel]
definitely
14:35:13 [Zakim]
-christos
14:35:13 [peter]
s/topics/submissions/
14:35:30 [peter]
shadi: to peter's point we can get to easy to read
14:35:41 [peter]
…deserves its own topic
14:36:31 [peter]
…they are related topics but we can talk about how they relate and what we want to get out of the two separate options
14:37:07 [peter]
simon: can I make a suggestion, put a join CFP with both topics and run them right after the next
14:37:15 [peter]
…nothing will be overshadowing the other
14:37:23 [vivienne]
I really like Simon's idea. If we get tons of submissions, then we split it, if we don't, then run them together
14:37:24 [peter]
shadi: like it
14:37:37 [peter]
…broad call to attract a lot of people
14:38:10 [peter]
simon: continue topic 4/5 will just run in its place
14:38:19 [peter]
…mark el's concern will be addressed
14:38:30 [shadi]
+1.25 to simon's idea ;)
14:38:33 [vivienne]
makes me happy
14:38:33 [peter]
..shawn's concern will be addressed since separate topics
14:38:51 [peter]
shawn: can we get the people to edit the other one asap?
14:39:17 [peter]
simon: could pre call in and have a couple of topics being both - a light touch pre call
14:39:25 [peter]
…then do a more thorough one
14:39:55 [peter]
..don't want to delay it - max next week if other's can't do it
14:40:13 [peter]
shawn: with a pre call do we need to have the dates and other info set?
14:40:45 [peter]
simon: in the pre call only need to give an overview of background etc.
14:41:00 [peter]
..then move to a bigger discussion with the chairs
14:41:20 [peter]
..pre call is just an email to the coordination group
14:41:34 [peter]
..and email lists on the wiki
14:42:07 [peter]
shawn: ok - happy to draft the framework but will need content
14:42:18 [peter]
…from klaus and andrea
14:42:26 [peter]
simon: could you talk to them?
14:42:30 [peter]
shadi: yes
14:43:03 [peter]
..shawn can you get the pre call started
14:43:05 [peter]
shawn: yes
14:43:20 [peter]
simon: can we delay and decide next week about the pre call
14:43:23 [peter]
shadi: agreed
14:43:41 [vivienne]
okay, good night
14:43:54 [shawn]
Would love for RDWG participants to comment over the next few days on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2012May/0023.html & http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2012May/0022.html
14:44:17 [peter]
(cheers this scribing is tough work :)
14:44:27 [peter]
bye :)
14:44:30 [Zakim]
-Shawn
14:44:32 [Zakim]
-vivienne
14:44:32 [christos]
bye
14:44:34 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:44:36 [Zakim]
-markel
14:44:39 [Zakim]
-sharper
14:44:42 [Zakim]
-peter
14:44:43 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has ended
14:44:43 [Zakim]
Attendees were vivienne, Shadi, Shawn, sharper, christos, peter, markel
14:45:35 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:45:35 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:45:35 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:45:43 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:45:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/05/16-rd-minutes.html trackbot
14:45:44 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:45:44 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/16-rd-actions.rdf :
14:45:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to check moving "how to cite this document" to the top of the research note [1]
14:45:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/16-rd-irc#T14-11-04
14:45:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to add bibtex information to each paper [2]
14:45:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/16-rd-irc#T14-11-23
14:45:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shawn add to http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/rd/SP-design BibTex [3]
14:45:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/16-rd-irc#T14-11-27
14:45:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to work with shawn on updating the highlight note at the top of the paper contributions [4]
14:45:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/16-rd-irc#T14-14-04