IRC log of rd on 2012-05-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:26:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
13:26:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/05/09-rd-irc
13:26:25 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:26:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rd
13:26:27 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:26:27 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:26:28 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:26:28 [trackbot]
Date: 09 May 2012
13:26:39 [shadi]
chair: Simon
13:27:23 [shadi]
regrets: Shawn, Giorgio, Yeliz, Joshue
13:27:56 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2012May/0006.html
13:27:59 [shadi]
agenda?
13:28:23 [shadi]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)
13:28:23 [shadi]
Agenda+ Mobile Topics Update (Yeliz, Peter, Simon)
13:28:23 [shadi]
Agenda+ Mobile Topic Wiki Clean Up -
13:28:23 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile_Accessibility (Yeliz, Peter, Simon)
13:28:23 [shadi]
Agenda+ Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi)
13:28:24 [shadi]
Agenda+ Topic 3 Timelines - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Topic_3_Timeline
13:28:27 [shadi]
Agenda+ Publication Format Redux - (Shadi's Report on Options) -
13:28:28 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/rd/SP-design
13:28:30 [shadi]
Agenda+ Timelines / Schedule to 30th June 2013 (Simon)
13:28:32 [shadi]
Agenda+ Issues and Actions: https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/
13:28:34 [shadi]
Agenda+ Any Other Business
13:28:40 [klaus]
klaus has joined #rd
13:29:46 [Yehya]
Yehya has joined #rd
13:31:44 [markel]
markel has joined #rd
13:32:06 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:32:06 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has not yet started, shadi
13:32:07 [Zakim]
On IRC I see markel, Yehya, klaus, Zakim, RRSAgent, vivienne, nonge_, shadi, Mate, trackbot
13:32:21 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
13:32:21 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
13:32:25 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:32:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P1, ??P8, Shadi, Yehya
13:32:49 [klaus]
zakim, ??p8 is me
13:32:49 [Zakim]
+klaus; got it
13:32:53 [vivienne]
zakim, ??p1 is me
13:32:53 [Zakim]
+vivienne; got it
13:33:06 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:33:06 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
13:33:39 [Zakim]
+??P13
13:33:43 [vivienne]
ack me
13:34:09 [markel]
zakim, ??P13 is me
13:34:09 [Zakim]
+markel; got it
13:34:18 [shadi]
zakim, vivienne is klaus1
13:34:18 [Zakim]
+klaus1; got it
13:34:29 [shadi]
zakim, klaus is vivienne
13:34:29 [Zakim]
+vivienne; got it
13:34:40 [shadi]
zakim, klaus1 is klaus
13:34:40 [Zakim]
+klaus; got it
13:35:06 [shadi]
scribe: Klaus
13:35:42 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:35:42 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
13:36:40 [sharper]
sharper has joined #rd
13:37:24 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:37:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see klaus, vivienne (muted), Shadi, Yehya, markel
13:38:20 [Zakim]
+??P14
13:38:32 [sharper]
zakim, ??P14 is sharper
13:38:32 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
13:38:45 [sharper]
zakim, agenda?
13:38:45 [Zakim]
I see 9 items remaining on the agenda:
13:38:46 [Zakim]
1. Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments) [from shadi]
13:38:46 [Zakim]
2. Mobile Topics Update (Yeliz, Peter, Simon) [from shadi]
13:38:46 [Zakim]
3. Mobile Topic Wiki Clean Up - [from shadi]
13:38:46 [Zakim]
4. Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi) [from shadi]
13:38:46 [Zakim]
5. Topic 3 Timelines - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Topic_3_Timeline [from shadi]
13:38:46 [shadi]
regrets+ Peter
13:38:48 [Zakim]
6. Publication Format Redux - (Shadi's Report on Options) - [from shadi]
13:38:49 [Zakim]
7. Timelines / Schedule to 30th June 2013 (Simon) [from shadi]
13:38:52 [Zakim]
8. Issues and Actions: https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/ [from shadi]
13:38:53 [Zakim]
9. Any Other Business [from shadi]
13:39:03 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:39:03 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:39:11 [shadi]
ack me
13:39:13 [klaus]
Si: Regrets?
13:39:25 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:39:25 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Mobile Topics Update (Yeliz, Peter, Simon)" taken up [from shadi]
13:39:39 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
13:39:39 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments), closed
13:39:41 [Zakim]
I see 8 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:39:41 [Zakim]
2. Mobile Topics Update (Yeliz, Peter, Simon) [from shadi]
13:40:03 [klaus]
SH: Not a lot submissions.
13:40:27 [klaus]
Shadi: 6 submissions so far
13:40:53 [shadi]
scribe: klaus
13:41:14 [klaus]
Simon: Pearson, IBM, Wald, Gonzales, ??, Forbs
13:41:58 [klaus]
Simon: Extending needed
13:42:32 [klaus]
Simon: Review process has to be done.
13:42:46 [klaus]
Shadi: Metrics had 11 submission
13:43:10 [shadi]
q+ to talk about mobile symposium format
13:43:16 [markel]
12 submissions, 11 papers accepted
13:43:16 [sharper]
ack s
13:43:16 [Zakim]
shadi, you wanted to talk about mobile symposium format
13:43:17 [shadi]
ack me
13:43:21 [klaus]
Simon: But 6 papers are fine for a conference
13:43:54 [klaus]
Shadi: This time no presentations. Participants should read abstracts. PANEL DISCUSSION
13:44:30 [klaus]
Shadi: More room for questions, make more out of discussion. Papers as panelists.
13:45:01 [klaus]
Shadi: Important role for scientific committee and symposium chairs to set up panel
13:45:30 [vivienne]
q+
13:45:33 [vivienne]
ack me
13:45:36 [sharper]
ack v
13:45:40 [markel]
q+
13:45:48 [klaus]
+1
13:46:14 [klaus]
Vivienne supports the idea
13:46:20 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:46:20 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
13:46:28 [sharper]
ack markel
13:46:33 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:46:33 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:47:05 [klaus]
Markel: Questions to be prepared in advance and sent to speakers.
13:47:07 [shadi]
+1 to markel's idea
13:47:08 [Yehya]
q+
13:47:11 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
13:47:11 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
13:47:18 [sharper]
ack Yehya
13:47:32 [klaus]
Yehya: How many reviewers per paper?
13:48:05 [klaus]
Simon: Multiple can be done this time.
13:48:05 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2012/mobile/cfp.html#review
13:48:10 [markel]
2 reviewer sounds reasonable
13:48:13 [shadi]
"at least three reviewers"
13:49:11 [klaus]
Simon: We need more PR for topic 3 onwards
13:49:35 [klaus]
Simon: Klaus to prepare a list of distribution points
13:49:40 [klaus]
Klaus: yes
13:49:41 [shadi]
zakim, who is muted?
13:49:41 [Zakim]
I see klaus, vivienne, Shadi muted
13:49:52 [shadi]
ack me
13:49:54 [shadi]
q+
13:49:56 [klaus]
zakim, unmute me
13:49:56 [Zakim]
klaus should no longer be muted
13:50:32 [sharper]
Action: sharper to Create list of distribution points for calls
13:50:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-18 - Create list of distribution points for calls [on Simon Harper - due 2012-05-16].
13:51:04 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
13:51:04 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
13:51:10 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/
13:51:42 [shadi]
ack me
13:51:48 [klaus]
Shadi: Wiki contact list might be useful
13:52:02 [klaus]
Simon: agreed
13:52:41 [klaus]
Shadi: e.g. AAATE, ICCHP, ... and others
13:52:55 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:52:55 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:53:53 [shadi]
ack me
13:54:21 [klaus]
Action: sharper to clean up mobile
13:54:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-19 - Clean up mobile [on Simon Harper - due 2012-05-16].
13:54:59 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 4
13:54:59 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi)" taken up [from shadi]
13:55:22 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 2
13:55:23 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Mobile Topics Update (Yeliz, Peter, Simon), closed
13:55:23 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:55:23 [Zakim]
3. Mobile Topic Wiki Clean Up - [from shadi]
13:55:26 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2011/metrics/note/ED-metrics-20120509.html
13:55:59 [klaus]
Shadi: Only thing missing: appendices with papers
13:56:17 [markel]
q+
13:56:39 [sharper]
ack m
13:57:28 [klaus]
Markel: Decision on how to store the proceedings?
13:57:46 [klaus]
Simon: Appendices to W3C note
13:58:24 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/rd/SP-design
13:58:37 [klaus]
Shadi: Not decided - back and forward; discussions to include in main body; minutes to be revisited
13:59:35 [klaus]
Simon: That's for future design. For this topic we are unhappy with appendices - devalue papers ...
14:00:23 [klaus]
Shadi: Papers should not be in main body ... W3C notes must highlight that this is external work
14:01:00 [klaus]
Shadi: Oppinion - best way to go is appendices, but not naming it appendices
14:01:14 [klaus]
Shadi: Clear note what they are
14:01:30 [klaus]
Markel: Why not "proceedings" instead of appendices
14:02:08 [klaus]
Shadi: o.k.: Proceedings ... Paper 1, Paper 2, ...
14:02:15 [klaus]
Markel: How to cite?
14:03:27 [klaus]
Simon: yes, not sure; perhaps enough when they are on the site
14:03:56 [klaus]
Simon: As long as they can be cited correctly - fine
14:04:49 [klaus]
Markel: They have to be stored permanently. Perhaps a list of pointers (as in references), but they are out of context - not related to symposium
14:04:56 [shadi]
q+
14:05:12 [sharper]
ack s
14:05:13 [shadi]
ack me
14:05:18 [klaus]
Simon: List of papers with citations to make them visible
14:06:06 [klaus]
Shadi: Likes idea - intro should highlight this in a description of symposium and how we want them to be cited.
14:06:30 [klaus]
Shadi: Consent of authors needed for that.
14:07:08 [klaus]
Simon: Preference would be - citation is BibTeX to know how things are cited.
14:07:49 [klaus]
Simon: Instead of asking authors inviting them. As long as they to not ask for no need to make them appendices
14:08:19 [klaus]
Simon: Important to outline how to cite them
14:08:54 [klaus]
Simon: Resolution setion at beginning lists papers and points to the page
14:09:13 [klaus]
Action: Markel to carry this out
14:09:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-20 - Carry this out [on Markel Vigo - due 2012-05-16].
14:10:02 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2011/metrics/#proceedings
14:10:16 [klaus]
Shadi: Updated draft expected from editors, for metrics page Markes to send text
14:10:30 [shadi]
+1 to both
14:10:39 [klaus]
Markel: Do we want to have bibTeX on page or link
14:10:45 [klaus]
Simon: both please
14:11:18 [klaus]
Markel: DVLB?
14:11:25 [markel]
DBLP
14:11:38 [klaus]
Simon: We should aks them to index it
14:11:45 [shadi]
q+
14:11:57 [vivienne]
+1
14:11:58 [klaus]
+1
14:12:01 [shadi]
+1
14:12:03 [shadi]
ack me
14:12:54 [klaus]
Shadi: do we need to do something in formating before contacting DBLP?
14:13:30 [klaus]
Markel: Regarding Google scholar something has to be done as last symposium is not included.
14:13:59 [klaus]
Shadi: Dublin Core inside the code should allow Google to index it.
14:14:37 [klaus]
Shadi: BibTeX page is required. Let Shadi know what is needed in design to get picked up by scientific indexers
14:15:04 [klaus]
Simon: DBLP should solve this
14:15:27 [klaus]
Markel: Should be the fastest way
14:16:17 [shadi]
agenda?
14:16:35 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 6
14:16:35 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Publication Format Redux - (Shadi's Report on Options) -" taken up [from shadi]
14:17:32 [klaus]
Shadi: Volunteer for visual aspect. Out of WAI-Act some more research to be better picked up - also for visual design
14:17:51 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 7
14:17:51 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Timelines / Schedule to 30th June 2013 (Simon)" taken up [from shadi]
14:18:54 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 9
14:18:54 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "Any Other Business" taken up [from shadi]
14:19:01 [klaus]
Shadi: Symposium chairs to contact scientific committee to assign papers
14:19:27 [klaus]
Simon: emails Alice and Peter to sort it out
14:20:14 [klaus]
Shadi: Likes idea of Markel to have questions ahead of time. Perhaps scientific committee to join RDWG call
14:20:34 [klaus]
Markel: Also audience to put in questions.
14:21:02 [klaus]
Shadi: 3 stages: a) feedback to authors by scientific committee
14:21:19 [klaus]
Shadi: b) Group to define questions to the panel.
14:21:45 [klaus]
Shadi: c) Audiences to contribute after paper and panel ist set later in the process
14:22:22 [klaus]
Markel: We should come up with questions in a meeting after reading papers
14:23:01 [klaus]
Shadi: in 2 or 3 weeks - define what we want as output. Call with scientific committee
14:23:47 [klaus]
Simon: Easy by using OpenConf. We could ad a field for questions for the panel session.
14:24:37 [klaus]
Simon: Will go on with distribution of papers.
14:24:38 [vivienne]
thanks, bye
14:24:42 [vivienne]
-
14:24:45 [Zakim]
-sharper
14:24:47 [Zakim]
-Yehya
14:24:49 [vivienne]
-vivienne
14:24:49 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:24:49 [markel]
markel has left #rd
14:24:50 [klaus]
thanks, bye
14:24:52 [vivienne]
vivienne has left #rd
14:24:57 [Zakim]
-markel
14:25:01 [Zakim]
-vivienne
14:25:27 [Zakim]
-klaus
14:25:29 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has ended
14:25:29 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Yehya, markel, vivienne, klaus, sharper
14:25:42 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:25:42 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:25:42 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:25:50 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:25:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/05/09-rd-minutes.html trackbot
14:25:51 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:25:51 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/09-rd-actions.rdf :
14:25:51 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: sharper to Create list of distribution points for calls [1]
14:25:51 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/09-rd-irc#T13-50-32
14:25:51 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: sharper to clean up mobile [2]
14:25:51 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/09-rd-irc#T13-54-21
14:25:51 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Markel to carry this out [3]
14:25:51 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/09-rd-irc#T14-09-13
14:26:00 [sharper]
sharper has left #rd