IRC log of rd on 2012-05-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:29:40 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
13:29:40 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/05/02-rd-irc
13:29:42 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:29:44 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:29:44 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
13:29:45 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:29:45 [trackbot]
Date: 02 May 2012
13:29:56 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
13:29:57 [Zakim]
shadi, I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be rdwg".
13:30:14 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has now started
13:30:21 [Zakim]
+Shawn
13:30:22 [Zakim]
+Yehya
13:30:45 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:30:56 [giorgio]
giorgio has joined #rd
13:31:54 [christos]
christos has joined #rd
13:32:38 [Zakim]
+??P14
13:32:42 [Zakim]
+??P17
13:32:48 [sharper]
sharper has joined #rd
13:33:04 [christos]
zakim, ??P17 is me
13:33:04 [Zakim]
+christos; got it
13:33:13 [sharper]
zakim, agenda?
13:33:13 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
13:33:15 [Zakim]
10. Any Other Business [from sharper]
13:33:30 [sharper]
zakim, delete item 10
13:33:30 [Zakim]
agendum 10, Any Other Business, dropped
13:33:34 [Yehya]
Yehya has joined #rd
13:33:35 [giorgio]
zakim, ??p14 is giorgio
13:33:35 [Zakim]
+giorgio; got it
13:33:36 [Zakim]
+??P18
13:33:39 [sharper]
zakim, save agenda
13:33:41 [christos]
zakim, mute me
13:33:44 [Joshue108]
zakim, ??P18 is Joshue
13:33:45 [Zakim]
ok, sharper, the agenda has been written to http://www.w3.org/2012/05/02-rd-agenda.rdf
13:33:47 [Zakim]
christos should now be muted
13:33:47 [Zakim]
+Joshue; got it
13:33:52 [sharper]
Chair: Harper_Simon
13:33:53 [sharper]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)
13:33:53 [sharper]
Agenda+ Face to Face Meeting Discussion - TPAC2012 will be held in Lyon, France at the Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon from 29 October through 2 November 2012. (answer by 30 April 2012)
13:33:53 [sharper]
Agenda+ Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi)
13:33:54 [sharper]
Agenda+ Topic 3 Timelines - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Topic_3_Timeline
13:33:54 [sharper]
Agenda+ Publication Format Redux - (Shadi's Report on Options) - http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/rd/SP-design
13:33:57 [sharper]
Agenda+ Mobile Topic Wiki Clean Up - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile_Accessibility (Yeliz, Peter, Simon)
13:33:59 [sharper]
Agenda+ Timelines / Schedule to 30th June 2013 (Simon)
13:34:00 [sharper]
Agenda+ Issues and Actions: https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/
13:34:02 [sharper]
Agenda+ Any Other Business
13:34:08 [sharper]
Zakim, save agenda
13:34:08 [Zakim]
ok, sharper, the agenda has been written to http://www.w3.org/2012/05/02-rd-agenda.rdf
13:34:14 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 11
13:34:14 [Zakim]
agendum 11. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
13:34:35 [Joshue108]
zakim, mute me
13:34:35 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
13:35:05 [Zakim]
+??P20
13:35:20 [Joshue108]
zakim, unmute me
13:35:20 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
13:35:23 [sharper]
zakim, ??P20 is sharper
13:35:23 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
13:36:12 [christos]
yes
13:36:25 [christos]
zakim ack me
13:36:26 [shadi]
scribe: Christos
13:36:49 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:36:49 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:36:57 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:36:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Shawn, Yehya, Shadi (muted), giorgio, christos (muted), Joshue, sharper
13:37:08 [shadi]
zakim, who is muted?
13:37:08 [Zakim]
I see Shadi, christos muted
13:37:58 [christos]
sh: Thanks everone for attending the meeting
13:38:19 [shadi]
https://www.openconf.org/MobileAccess/
13:38:31 [shawn]
[[Shawn did send a reminder via twitter & WAI IG e-mail ]]
13:38:41 [christos]
sh: I think we should leave the openconf system open just to make sure we get all submissions
13:38:52 [Joshue108]
zakim, noise?
13:38:52 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, Joshue108.
13:39:21 [giorgio]
what is the name of this tool/system/approach?
13:39:30 [christos]
sh: is it possible to get the proceedings electronically?
13:39:52 [shadi]
q+ to ask about proceedings feature
13:39:56 [Joshue108]
zakim, mute me
13:39:56 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
13:39:59 [shadi]
ack me
13:40:00 [Zakim]
shadi, you wanted to ask about proceedings feature
13:40:16 [christos]
zakim, ack me
13:40:16 [Zakim]
unmuting christos
13:40:17 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
13:41:07 [christos]
sh: There are modules in the open conf and can produce automatic a program and proceedings for the conference
13:42:01 [christos]
sh: It moves from a sumbission system to a proceedings production system
13:42:28 [giorgio]
the openconf module for generating the proceedings might be useful for us to produce a draft, that then will need to edited manually I guess.
13:42:59 [christos]
saz: I think we need to purchase some additional licences...
13:43:04 [Joshue108]
+1 to Shadi
13:43:11 [shawn]
q+ to say prefer to have proceedings on W3C website -- although maybe using their proceedings generator if it will help create proceedings for W3C site
13:43:19 [christos]
saz: we might test the process and see what we need in the future
13:44:01 [Joshue108]
+1 to Simon
13:44:07 [christos]
sh: we have to decide what it is that we want and the mobile conference could work as a test
13:44:08 [shawn]
ack me
13:44:08 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to say prefer to have proceedings on W3C website -- although maybe using their proceedings generator if it will help create proceedings for W3C site
13:44:41 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:44:41 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:44:48 [christos]
saz: we are going to have the openconf in w3c space ...
13:45:27 [sharper]
zakim, agenda?
13:45:27 [Zakim]
I see 9 items remaining on the agenda:
13:45:28 [Zakim]
11. Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments) [from sharper]
13:45:28 [Zakim]
12. Face to Face Meeting Discussion - TPAC2012 will be held in Lyon, France at the Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon from 29 October through 2 November 2012. (answer by 30 April
13:45:28 [Zakim]
... 2012) [from sharper]
13:45:28 [Zakim]
13. Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi) [from sharper]
13:45:29 [Zakim]
14. Topic 3 Timelines - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Topic_3_Timeline [from sharper]
13:45:31 [Zakim]
15. Publication Format Redux - (Shadi's Report on Options) - http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/rd/SP-design [from sharper]
13:45:34 [Zakim]
16. Mobile Topic Wiki Clean Up - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile_Accessibility (Yeliz, Peter, Simon) [from sharper]
13:45:38 [Zakim]
17. Timelines / Schedule to 30th June 2013 (Simon) [from sharper]
13:45:39 [Zakim]
18. Issues and Actions: https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/ [from sharper]
13:45:39 [christos]
zakim, close item 11
13:45:41 [Zakim]
19. Any Other Business [from sharper]
13:45:44 [Zakim]
agendum 11, Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments), closed
13:45:45 [Zakim]
I see 8 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:45:47 [Zakim]
12. Face to Face Meeting Discussion - TPAC2012 will be held in Lyon, France at the Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon from 29 October through 2 November 2012. (answer by 30 April
13:45:50 [Zakim]
... 2012) [from sharper]
13:45:57 [christos]
zakim, take up item 12
13:45:57 [Zakim]
agendum 12. "Face to Face Meeting Discussion - TPAC2012 will be held in Lyon, France at the Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon from 29 October through 2 November 2012. (answer by 30
13:46:01 [Zakim]
... April 2012)" taken up [from sharper]
13:46:32 [Joshue108]
zakim, unmute me
13:46:32 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
13:46:35 [Joshue108]
+q
13:46:38 [Joshue108]
ack me
13:46:55 [christos]
sh; feedback from the f2f meetings suggests we could move the f2f meeting to other conferences
13:46:56 [giorgio]
I know I won't be ble to be there
13:46:58 [Joshue108]
+1 meeting at TPAC
13:47:04 [shawn]
survey results: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/47076/F2F-Where/results#xcoming
13:47:35 [christos]
giorgio: wiil be in TPAC
13:48:23 [giorgio]
giorgio will not be at TPAC
13:48:26 [shadi]
ack me
13:48:27 [christos]
sh: w4a seems to be the best other choice
13:48:47 [christos]
sh: may be we need a couple of alternatives
13:49:14 [christos]
saz: w4a might be best
13:49:20 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:49:20 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:49:49 [giorgio]
q+
13:50:02 [christos]
sh: assets is in us in october... so it is a bit difficult
13:50:24 [sharper]
ack g
13:50:28 [christos]
sh: we say no to TPAC and see what we can do with that
13:50:53 [shadi]
zakim, who is muted?
13:50:53 [Zakim]
I see Shadi muted
13:50:57 [christos]
giorgio: assets might be a good opportunity to have some more americans in the group
13:51:21 [shadi]
october will be difficult for me
13:51:31 [shadi]
ack me
13:51:40 [Joshue108]
I won't be at assets
13:51:50 [shawn]
ack me
13:52:24 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:52:24 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:52:32 [vivienne]
vivienne has joined #rd
13:53:11 [shadi]
ack me
13:53:16 [christos]
RESOLUTION: We will not use the TPAC for the face to face meeting
13:55:03 [Zakim]
+??P21
13:55:26 [vivienne]
zakim, ??P21 is me
13:55:26 [Zakim]
+vivienne; got it
13:56:09 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:56:09 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
13:56:26 [christos]
saz: another we should look at is good standing of participants
13:56:33 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:56:33 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:57:04 [shawn]
zakim, mute me
13:57:04 [Zakim]
Shawn should now be muted
13:57:13 [shadi]
ack me
13:57:26 [christos]
sh: TPAC on october - november cannot work
13:57:30 [christos]
+1
13:57:32 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:57:32 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:57:32 [sharper]
+1
13:57:36 [Joshue108]
+1
13:57:38 [giorgio]
+1
13:57:39 [vivienne]
?
13:57:42 [Yehya]
-1
13:57:57 [giorgio]
oh sorry: tpac for me is -1
13:58:10 [christos]
zakim, close item 12
13:58:10 [Zakim]
agendum 12, Face to Face Meeting Discussion - TPAC2012 will be held in Lyon, France at the Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon from 29 October through 2 November 2012. (answer by 30
13:58:13 [Zakim]
... April 2012), closed
13:58:13 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:58:13 [Zakim]
13. Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi) [from sharper]
13:58:24 [christos]
zakim, take up item 13
13:58:24 [Zakim]
agendum 13. "Current W3C Note Status (Giorgio, Markel, Josh, Shadi)" taken up [from sharper]
13:58:33 [shadi]
ack me
13:58:38 [giorgio]
maybe shadi or josh?
13:59:02 [christos]
saz: I finally got to put it in a working group note
13:59:04 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2011/metrics/note/ED-metrics-20120427.html
13:59:17 [Joshue108]
no worries
13:59:25 [giorgio]
me neither - was able to look at it.
13:59:30 [Joshue108]
zakim, unmute me
13:59:30 [Zakim]
Joshue was not muted, Joshue108
13:59:31 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:59:31 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:59:43 [christos]
saz: there are a number of things missing and josque is taking care of them
13:59:55 [shawn]
q+ to ask about Symposium publication package design http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/rd/SP-design -- know anyone who wants to take up this small design challenge?
14:00:10 [shadi]
ack me
14:00:14 [christos]
josque: I did some of the work...
14:00:33 [Joshue108]
s/josque/Joshue
14:00:46 [christos]
josque: I can finish the TOC and send it to shadi
14:01:12 [christos]
saz: status of the document should also be taken care
14:01:45 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
14:01:45 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
14:01:46 [christos]
saz: we should have a draft ready for next week
14:02:31 [Joshue108]
Sorry guys I've got to go
14:02:31 [shadi]
ack me
14:02:54 [christos]
josque: I sent some comment about the scope of the status... it could be good to put in the begining
14:02:58 [giorgio]
Josh: I could look at the draft next week. Not before Monday for sure.
14:03:08 [Joshue108]
bye
14:03:13 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
14:03:13 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
14:03:19 [Zakim]
-Joshue
14:03:42 [shadi]
ack me
14:03:57 [sharper]
action: sharper to look at the 'Status of this document' wording http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2011/metrics/note/ED-metrics-20120427.html
14:03:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-17 - Look at the 'Status of this document' wording http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2011/metrics/note/ED-metrics-20120427.html [on Simon Harper - due 2012-05-09].
14:04:08 [shawn]
q?
14:04:13 [shawn]
ack me
14:04:14 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to ask about Symposium publication package design http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/rd/SP-design -- know anyone who wants to take up this small design challenge?
14:04:45 [christos]
shawn: I got the symposium publication design and we could discuss it now
14:06:34 [christos]
shawn: this is more of a spec of what we want
14:07:09 [christos]
shawn: I tried to spec out some requirements and leave a bit of flexibility
14:08:09 [christos]
saz: I think there are some guidelines that could be used
14:09:42 [christos]
saz: we usually have the call for papers... and then the main page gets the focus
14:10:16 [christos]
sh: is this something that the ACT project could help?
14:10:39 [christos]
saz: I ll talk with Klaus and see
14:11:39 [christos]
saz: what is the purpose of the margin in the paper page?
14:12:05 [christos]
shawn: it could be used for navigation
14:12:52 [christos]
sh: we could have a more detailed discussion on the coming meetings
14:13:17 [christos]
sh: but I think it's quite ok and complete
14:13:38 [giorgio]
q+
14:14:58 [christos]
shawn: one of the goals was to design a nice proceedings package but not look like a w3c edited document
14:16:20 [christos]
giorgio: the overall idea for the main page is quite good
14:16:45 [christos]
giorgio: I am not sure about the margin in the papers page
14:16:55 [shadi]
q+ to ask giorgio about nav in the margin
14:17:01 [sharper]
ack g
14:17:03 [shadi]
ack me
14:17:03 [Zakim]
shadi, you wanted to ask giorgio about nav in the margin
14:17:05 [sharper]
ack s
14:17:31 [giorgio]
perfectly good!
14:17:42 [vivienne]
I like the idea of the papers listed on the left as well
14:17:46 [christos]
saz: whould a navigation bar in the side be usefull?
14:17:51 [christos]
giorgio; yes
14:18:46 [giorgio]
q+
14:18:54 [christos]
saz: the links in the top navigation should be also changed
14:19:30 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/community/groups/
14:19:43 [christos]
sh: this is some kind of CMS
14:19:52 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/community/
14:19:56 [christos]
sh: could we use that system?
14:21:04 [christos]
shawn: it's still a bit difficult to use and might need a lot of support
14:21:40 [christos]
sh: it looks quite good to be used for that purpose...
14:23:26 [vivienne]
I realy like the page
14:23:39 [christos]
shawn: we could find out what are the good points and include them in the style
14:23:57 [christos]
giorgio: I think its good and it is quite friendly
14:24:02 [vivienne]
it also would encourage people to submit new ideas as you discussed a little while ago
14:24:05 [giorgio]
ok, thanks
14:24:13 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/techpapers
14:25:15 [christos]
saz: we could possibly generate an overall page of all the symposia to tie all symposia together
14:26:03 [christos]
saz: we could also have a wordpress instance but we should be quite serious about this
14:26:08 [giorgio]
q+
14:26:12 [sharper]
ack g
14:26:55 [vivienne]
q+
14:26:59 [christos]
giorgio: shadi has a good idea... authors in symposia could participate and help in maintaining and provide content for that blog
14:27:19 [vivienne]
ack me
14:27:20 [sharper]
ack v
14:27:30 [christos]
saz: how long whould that last?
14:27:44 [christos]
giorgio: we could try
14:28:15 [shawn]
q+ to say possibly would fit as thread under WAI-Engage http://www.w3.org/community/wai-engage/
14:28:24 [shawn]
ack me
14:28:24 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to say possibly would fit as thread under WAI-Engage http://www.w3.org/community/wai-engage/
14:28:24 [sharper]
ack s
14:28:28 [christos]
viviene: we could have author to answer questions in the papers... it becomes like a talk to the author possibility that we can have there
14:28:39 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
14:28:39 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
14:29:14 [christos]
shawn: there is a community group for accessibility and they might be able to use them
14:29:57 [shadi]
q+ to say use WAI-Engage for this symposium?
14:30:08 [sharper]
ack s
14:30:08 [Zakim]
shadi, you wanted to say use WAI-Engage for this symposium?
14:30:09 [shadi]
ack me
14:30:10 [christos]
sh: we should try something like that... and especially if could tie this with social networks
14:31:00 [giorgio]
yes. I would be specific and explicit in that we put the onus on authors, mainly.
14:31:14 [christos]
saz: maybe we could try it out as giorgio suggested and see how it works and see for the following webinar how do we want to to tweak that...
14:31:18 [shadi]
scribe: shadi
14:31:26 [Zakim]
-christos
14:33:29 [vivienne]
ack me
14:34:04 [vivienne]
Shadi, LOL, forgot to unmute myself
14:34:14 [giorgio]
ok bye
14:34:16 [Yehya]
bye
14:34:16 [vivienne]
bye
14:34:18 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:34:20 [vivienne]
vivienne has left #rd
14:34:23 [Zakim]
-giorgio
14:34:24 [Zakim]
-Shawn
14:34:24 [Zakim]
-sharper
14:34:26 [Zakim]
-vivienne
14:34:26 [Zakim]
-Yehya
14:34:26 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has ended
14:34:26 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shawn, Yehya, Shadi, christos, giorgio, Joshue, sharper, vivienne
14:49:32 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:49:32 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:49:32 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:49:40 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:49:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/05/02-rd-minutes.html trackbot
14:49:41 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:49:41 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/02-rd-actions.rdf :
14:49:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: sharper to look at the 'Status of this document' wording http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2011/metrics/note/ED-metrics-20120427.html [1]
14:49:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/02-rd-irc#T14-03-57