IRC log of dap on 2012-04-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:46:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:46:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/04/25-dap-irc
13:46:55 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:46:57 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:46:57 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 14 minutes
13:46:58 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
13:46:58 [trackbot]
Date: 25 April 2012
13:47:12 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Apr/0042.html
13:48:12 [fjh]
Chair: Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:48:27 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:48:47 [Josh_Soref]
Present+ Josh_Soref
13:51:37 [dtran]
dtran has joined #dap
13:51:56 [dtran]
Present+ Dzung_Tran
13:53:51 [mparaz]
mparaz has joined #dap
13:55:09 [spoussa]
spoussa has joined #dap
13:56:46 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:56:53 [Zakim]
+??P1
13:57:10 [glenn]
zakim, ??p1 is glenn
13:57:10 [Zakim]
+glenn; got it
13:57:48 [Zakim]
+??P9
13:57:49 [Zakim]
+dtran
13:57:53 [fjh]
zakim, ??P9 i sme
13:57:53 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??P9 i sme', fjh
13:58:00 [Zakim]
+??P8
13:58:02 [fjh]
zakim, ??p9 is me
13:58:02 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
13:58:26 [milanpatel]
milanpatel has joined #dap
13:58:48 [mparaz]
zakim, ??P8 is me
13:58:48 [Zakim]
+mparaz; got it
13:58:53 [Zakim]
+spoussa
13:59:07 [fjh]
Regrets+ Niklas_Widell, Travis_Leithead
13:59:53 [Zakim]
+milan
14:00:02 [Zakim]
+Josh_Soref
14:00:41 [Zakim]
+??P18
14:00:47 [darobin]
Zakim, >>P18 is me
14:00:47 [Zakim]
sorry, darobin, I do not recognize a party named '>>P18'
14:00:51 [darobin]
Zakim, ??P18 is me
14:00:51 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
14:01:05 [Josh_Soref]
Scribe: Josh_Soref
14:01:17 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute me
14:01:17 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should now be muted
14:01:27 [spoussa]
Present+ Sakari_Poussa
14:02:03 [Josh_Soref]
Rrsagent, draft minutes
14:02:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/25-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:02:27 [bryan]
bryan has joined #dap
14:02:39 [Josh_Soref]
Rrsagent, make logs public
14:03:10 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:03:11 [Zakim]
+Bryan_Sullivan
14:03:27 [bryan]
present+ Bryan_Sullivan
14:03:27 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
14:03:27 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Minutes Approval
14:03:33 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.00.aaaa
14:03:34 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
14:03:40 [fjh]
Approve minutes from 18 April
14:03:40 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Apr/att-0041/minutes-2012-04-18.html
14:03:40 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 18 April 2012 are approved.
14:03:42 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
14:04:06 [Zakim]
+Cathy
14:04:17 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 18 April 2012 are approved.
14:04:33 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Face to Face
14:04:46 [darobin]
+1 to approve
14:04:47 [fjh]
Date for next F2F week will be 9 July for a 3 day meeting? (e.g. 10-12 July?)
14:04:47 [fjh]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/dap-20120413/results
14:04:52 [Clarke]
Clarke has joined #dap
14:05:33 [Josh_Soref]
Claes: are the plans to have a joint meeting with webintents?
14:05:38 [fjh]
week of 9-13, 23 responses, 16-20, 16
14:05:46 [Zakim]
+??P24
14:05:50 [Josh_Soref]
Darobin: we should ask them
14:05:55 [Clarke]
zakim, ??P24 is me
14:05:55 [Zakim]
+Clarke; got it
14:05:56 [bryan]
also Media Capture TF should be asked if they can join
14:06:08 [Josh_Soref]
... Are you asking for a specific reason
14:06:23 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to ask Intents TF if they want to join our f2f
14:06:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-535 - Ask Intents TF if they want to join our f2f [on Robin Berjon - due 2012-05-02].
14:06:27 [Deep]
Deep has joined #dap
14:06:27 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to ask gUM TF if they want to join our f2f
14:06:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-536 - Ask gUM TF if they want to join our f2f [on Robin Berjon - due 2012-05-02].
14:06:32 [Josh_Soref]
Claes: I just have vacations for that month
14:07:11 [Zakim]
+??P27
14:07:15 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to get back to Diana about hosting
14:07:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-537 - Get back to Diana about hosting [on Robin Berjon - due 2012-05-02].
14:07:27 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: Next F2F will be 10-12 of July
14:07:47 [Deep]
Present+ Deepanshu_Gautam
14:08:03 [Josh_Soref]
Bryan: that week overlaps with OMA
14:08:08 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #dap
14:08:10 [Clarke]
Present+ Clarke_Stevens
14:08:31 [Josh_Soref]
Darobin: we tried to look around, that was the best
14:08:32 [Josh_Soref]
..
14:08:33 [Deep]
zakim mute me
14:08:41 [Claes]
Present+ Claes_Nilsson
14:08:51 [fjh]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:09:01 [Josh_Soref]
... It was that or September
14:09:02 [Zakim]
fjh, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 13 (9%)
14:09:09 [darobin]
Zakim, mute 13
14:09:09 [Zakim]
sorry, darobin, I do not know which phone connection belongs to 13
14:09:25 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call?
14:09:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see glenn (muted), fjh, dtran (muted), mparaz, spoussa, milan (muted), Josh_Soref (muted), darobin (muted), Bryan_Sullivan, +46.1.08.00.aaaa, Cathy, Clarke, ??P27
14:09:44 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Battery and Vibration CR
14:09:52 [fjh]
status of CR transition?
14:09:59 [darobin]
Zakim, aaaa is probably Claes
14:09:59 [Zakim]
+Claes?; got it
14:10:11 [darobin]
Zakim, ??P27 is probably Deep
14:10:11 [Zakim]
+Deep?; got it
14:10:58 [spoussa]
*Zakim, mute me*
14:10:58 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
14:11:11 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft] is me
14:11:11 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
14:11:17 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute spoussa
14:11:17 [Zakim]
spoussa should now be muted
14:11:42 [Josh_Soref]
Darobin: call for Friday
14:11:59 [darobin]
s/call for Friday/hopefully call for Friday/
14:12:36 [Josh_Soref]
Fjh: any other way APIs to talk about?
14:12:44 [fjh]
Topic: issue review
14:12:45 [fjh]
ISSUE-81?
14:12:45 [trackbot]
ISSUE-81 -- How to represent dates? ES has Date but with no TZ information; using strings is less than ideal; do we have to create a Web Dates specification? -- open
14:12:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/81
14:12:59 [fjh]
ISSUE-81 closed
14:12:59 [trackbot]
ISSUE-81 How to represent dates? ES has Date but with no TZ information; using strings is less than ideal; do we have to create a Web Dates specification? closed
14:13:05 [Josh_Soref]
Darobin:. No
14:13:07 [fjh]
ISSUE-105?
14:13:07 [trackbot]
ISSUE-105 -- Should the capture hint in HTML Media Capture be specified through a MIME parameter? -- open
14:13:07 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/105
14:13:37 [fjh]
ISSUE-109?
14:13:37 [trackbot]
ISSUE-109 -- We need solid use cases for Feat Perms if it's going to fly -- open
14:13:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/109
14:13:46 [darobin]
close ISSUE-109
14:13:46 [trackbot]
ISSUE-109 We need solid use cases for Feat Perms if it's going to fly closed
14:13:48 [fjh]
ISSUE-109: we decided at F2F not to progress Feature Permissions as notifications is only clear use case now
14:13:49 [trackbot]
ISSUE-109 We need solid use cases for Feat Perms if it's going to fly notes added
14:14:05 [fjh]
ISSUE-116?
14:14:05 [trackbot]
ISSUE-116 -- HTML Media Capture doesn't make sense if accept=image and capture=microphone -- open
14:14:05 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/116
14:14:15 [fjh]
ISSUE-117?
14:14:15 [trackbot]
ISSUE-117 -- Should HTML Media Capture have options for front/user camera as in getUserMedia -- open
14:14:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/117
14:14:24 [fjh]
ISSUE-121?
14:14:24 [trackbot]
ISSUE-121 -- Scope of sensor API and sensor discovery -- open
14:14:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/121
14:14:35 [fjh]
ISSUE-121: We have removed discovery from the sensor API
14:14:35 [trackbot]
ISSUE-121 Scope of sensor API and sensor discovery notes added
14:15:07 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, unmute me
14:15:07 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should no longer be muted
14:15:30 [Josh_Soref]
Claes: my mail was the status of my actions
14:15:34 [Deep]
Zakim, mute me
14:15:34 [Zakim]
Deep? should now be muted
14:15:43 [Josh_Soref]
q+
14:16:28 [Josh_Soref]
q-
14:16:47 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: AOB
14:16:57 [Zakim]
-spoussa
14:16:59 [Zakim]
-milan
14:17:00 [Zakim]
-Clarke
14:17:01 [Zakim]
-Claes?
14:17:01 [Zakim]
-darobin
14:17:03 [Zakim]
-Bryan_Sullivan
14:17:03 [Zakim]
-adrianba
14:17:05 [Zakim]
-dtran
14:17:08 [Zakim]
-Cathy
14:17:12 [Josh_Soref]
Fjh: I don't think I'll be on next call
14:17:15 [adrianba]
adrianba has left #dap
14:17:18 [Zakim]
-glenn
14:17:22 [Zakim]
-Deep?
14:17:26 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:17:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/25-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:17:32 [Josh_Soref]
Darobin: ok, I'll do it
14:17:50 [Josh_Soref]
[ Adjourned ]
14:17:55 [Zakim]
-fjh
14:18:09 [Josh_Soref]
s|..||
14:18:37 [Josh_Soref]
Trackbot, end meeting
14:18:37 [trackbot]
Sorry, Josh_Soref, I don't understand 'Trackbot, end meeting '. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
14:18:49 [Josh_Soref]
Trackbot, end meeting
14:18:49 [trackbot]
Sorry, Josh_Soref, I don't understand 'Trackbot, end meeting'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
14:19:08 [darobin]
FWIW I just did a clean up pass through actions and closed ACTION-315, ACTION-360, ACTION-416, ACTION-421, ACTION-424, ACTION-430, ACTION-444, ACTION-459, ACTION-462, ACTION-471, ACTION-481, ACTION-486, ACTION-494, ACTION-513
14:19:46 [Zakim]
-Josh_Soref
14:19:47 [darobin]
Zakim, drop mparaz
14:19:47 [Zakim]
mparaz is being disconnected
14:19:47 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
14:19:49 [Zakim]
Attendees were glenn, dtran, fjh, mparaz, spoussa, milan, Josh_Soref, darobin, Bryan_Sullivan, +46.1.08.00.aaaa, Cathy, Clarke, Claes?, Deep?, adrianba
14:20:02 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
14:20:09 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:20:21 [darobin]
Zakim, drop ??P1
14:20:21 [Zakim]
??P1 is being disconnected
14:20:22 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
14:20:22 [Zakim]
Attendees were
14:21:32 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
14:21:39 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:21:51 [AnssiK]
zakim, ??P1 is me
14:21:51 [Zakim]
+AnssiK; got it
14:23:06 [darobin]
Zakim, drop AnssiK
14:23:06 [Zakim]
AnssiK is being disconnected
14:23:07 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
14:23:07 [Zakim]
Attendees were AnssiK
14:23:07 [darobin]
:)
14:23:25 [Josh_Soref]
trackbot, end meeting
14:23:25 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:23:25 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:23:33 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:23:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/25-dap-minutes.html trackbot
14:23:34 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:23:34 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/25-dap-actions.rdf :
14:23:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Robin to ask Intents TF if they want to join our f2f [1]
14:23:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/25-dap-irc#T14-06-23
14:23:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Robin to ask gUM TF if they want to join our f2f [2]
14:23:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/25-dap-irc#T14-06-27-1
14:23:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Robin to get back to Diana about hosting [3]
14:23:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/25-dap-irc#T14-07-15