24 Apr 2012

See also: IRC log


Janina, David_MacDonald, John_Foliot, Judy, Laura_Carlson
David, janina, JF


<JF> hello?

<Judy> scribe: David

<janina> http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

update on coordination and check of deadlines for this week

jf: will get in something for friday on the 203 ...
... wondering if should wait til second last call

jb: if we have priority collision then maybe

<Judy> 199: (aria-processing) pursuing this week, and into the h5 f2f if needed

janina: 194 is about associating text transcript with video

alt bugs: update on CP for HTML5 in-spec alt guidance bugs

<janina> scribe: janina

dm: Have reviewed SF's alt doc, and HTML spec re alt
... Have some examples of bad alt guidance in spec
... Think WCAG should look at SF's doc
... Mainly, I took some notes while doing my 'buggy alt' action

<David> scribe: David

<janina> judy: Can someone help with this?

<janina> dm: Yes

David and Janina to review alt guidance inHTML 5 spec

<janina> judy: So, js and dm will coordinate Friday on this

buggy alts: update on checking alt texts in HTML5 spec itself

<janina> dm: Have emailed a doc with review, i think it's finished

<J_F> scribe: JF

<J_F> David forwarded the rsults of his review

<J_F> exec summary is 9 images in spec have no alt text, but should have some

<J_F> suspects taht they were used to embelish content on the same page - contrary to WCAG 2

<J_F> one image has alt text of 108 words

<J_F> 2 major issues, then there are some other alt texts that are questionable - wouldn't fail but could review

<J_F> David's report has screen caps and associted alt text if anyone wishes to review

<J_F> Daivd: there seems to be a philosophical divide, as the null alt appears to be intentional rather than a mistake

<J_F> JB: suspect that next step is that this is preliminary, but needs to be written up so that it could be presented as a batch or as individual 'things' to address

<J_F> JB: timing is less than ideal

<J_F> would be nice if we could get these done as editorial clarrifications

<J_F> JB: they likely need to be written up as impartially as possible: note image, problem, proposed alt text, thank-you

<J_F> +Q

<J_F> JB: how hard would it be to convert from what we have to what we need?

<J_F> David to set up a wiki page to work on this

<J_F> David: will need assistance will inserting images

<J_F> JF to assist David if/when required

issue 204 (ARIA hidden) update on 204 change proposal mergers

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Apr/0162.html

<scribe> scribe: David

jb: will touch base with Benjamin to close 204
... Cynthia about to wrap with Laura

Laura: this should address Benjamin's concerns also

jb: we'll tell chairs after the call that we are wrapping 204

<laura> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Apr/0173.html

<laura> bye

issue 31c: (Meta generator) draft updated change proposal for discussion

<Judy> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Text_Alternatives/Meta_Generator_Decision_Comments

<Judy> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Text_Alternatives/Meta_Generator_Decision_Comments#Structure_of_the_.3Cimg.3E_Element

jb: will be looking for input on this CP

janina: prefer discussion of USER centred discussion rather than conformance. ..

<J_F> +Q

jf: first time seeing.... i need to read this in detail, how do I provide feedback

jb: this should not be out of the blue, Steve Faulkner asked to re-open... we'll take up questions he didn't have answered. .. should have something to review on Thursday

jf: that is fine

jb: let us know if you want us to review

issue 203: (Media descriptions) update on change proposal

<Judy> Judy: John is writing this this week, hopes to have draft by Thursday.

issue 194: (Video transcripts) discussing next steps since review

janina: mike smith will be looking at 194 this Thursday

confirm next meeting; identify next scribe; adjourn

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/04/24 18:15:48 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/looking for input/will be looking for input/
Found Scribe: David
Inferring ScribeNick: David
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Found Scribe: David
Inferring ScribeNick: David
Found Scribe: JF
Found Scribe: David
Inferring ScribeNick: David
Scribes: David, janina, JF
ScribeNicks: David, janina
Default Present: Janina, David_MacDonald, John_Foliot, Judy, Laura_Carlson
Present: Janina David_MacDonald John_Foliot Judy Laura_Carlson

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 24 Apr 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/04/24-text-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]