See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 19 April 2012
<bhyland> Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-04-05
RESOLUTION: approved Minutes
<bhyland> NISO Webinar on Schema.org and Linked Data, speaker: Danbri. 25-April-2012 @ 13.00 US ET, see http://www.niso.org/news/events/2012/dcmi/linked_data/#registration
<bhyland> wow fadmaa, thanks for raising this issue re: DCAT
<DaveReynolds> Yes, org and data cube are both live and up to date. Though only org is in a w3c namespace.
??: no possible to get ontology representation of DCAT
<scribe> ACTION: fadmaa to work on ontology and namespace [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-66 - Work on ontology and namespace [on Fadi Maali - due 2012-04-26].
DaveReynolds: Tracked minor changes as actions. No main issues were raised.
mhausenblas: Collecting feedback. Need to structure it better.
bhyland: Working on it. Expect review on April.
<BenediktKaempgen> asking about ld cookbook
sandro: Provenance - Advanced discussion on the Semantic Web coordination meeting related to proper modeling agents.
bhyland: 2 weeks ago there was a related action item. Need further discussion
<bhyland> Question by Benedikt referencing email to public list "Feedback on Ingredients for High Quality Linked Data section of Linked Data Cookbook
<bhyland> Date: April 16, 2012 10:28:20 AM EDT
<bhyland> @Benedikt, by all means please respond with links to paper & guidance. Please respond to public-gld-comments as I'd like to read it too :-)
BenediktKaempgen: Question about responding to an email from Charles M. Heazel related to the best practice document and business rules. Is is ok to respond ?
<BenediktKaempgen> thanks George!
George: break out groups - meeting biweekly ?
<fadmaa> +1 to alternate weeks between vocabularies and other deliverables
<BenediktKaempgen> +1 to bhyland suggestion
<cgueret> +1 too
<Mike_Pendleton> +1 to Bernadette's suggestion
<boris> +1 too
bhyland: Alternate weeks and
focus the discussion, while increasing enthusiasm and momentum,
based on 2 types of efforts: vocabulary development and best
... How to make this more effective and super fun ?
<bhyland> Suggestion: Narrow the focus on the weekly meetings.
<bhyland> fadmaa: Consider doing more comprehensive coverage of a given topic rather than rushing in favor of time
George: Seems that there is support for alternating deliverable topcis. Do we have support for breakout groups to get together in addition to the weekly calls. Maybe having a focused breakout call every other week.
<bhyland> George: Is anyone in favor of break out groups to engage in deeper a discussion, to better prepare for the bi-weekly focused calls?
<Biplav> +1, with a comment. Breakout, focused call is a good idea.
<bhyland> DaveReynolds: Use email as the "breakout" group for discussion. Use the core time on a telecon to make actual discussions. Recommend using email more actively.
DaveReynolds: Breakout groups can interact via email. Calls used for consolidation.
<BenediktKaempgen> +1 to alternate week calls + breakout mails
<sandro> +1 only do breakout calls when it seems necessary under the circumstances
<Mike_Pendleton> +1 only do BCs when nec
<DaveReynolds> +1 only breakout calls if needed, not as routine
+1 DaveReynolds: Breakout groups can interact via email. Calls used for consolidation.
bhyland: Speakers are welcome to participate at the GLD-WG meetings. Ideas are welcome.
<bhyland> Please think about what people in your broader network are producers or consumers of LOD that could speak with this group to stimulate thinking, use cases and provide input that will improve the output of this group.
George: Any other ideas to increase visibility of the work with other communities?
<bhyland> Biplav: Do we have a small, concise deck we share for our communcations about GLD WG
Biplav: Is there is a small presentation that we can use to present in meetings?
<scribe> ACTION: bhyland to send presentation [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-67 - Send presentation [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2012-04-26].
Biplav: Important to have a consistent message and advertising in new areas all over the world.
<bhyland> Biplav: Supports (unofficially) both IBM and emerging countries and it would be good to have a consistent message on the benefits, uses, etc of government use of & publication of LOD
<bhyland> Next F2F in conjunction with http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/ 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2012 in Lyon, France at the Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon
<BenediktKaempgen> most likely, I will be at EDF presenting PlanetData work in the hackathon
<bhyland> @Danbri, do you want to say anything about: NISO Webinar on Schema.org and Linked Data, speaker: Danbri. 25-April-2012 @ 13.00 US ET, see http://www.niso.org/news/events/2012/dcmi/linked_data/#registration
<bhyland> Was mentioned in today's call ...
<danbri> just... come along if you're interested in how schema.org will fit into the Linked Data world. But i'll also post slides in a few days...
<BenediktKaempgen> EDF hackathon http://data-forum.eu/program/hackathon
<scribe> ACTION: BenediktKaempgen to put link about presentation when available [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - BenediktKaempgen
<scribe> ACTION: BenediktKaempgen to put link about presentation when available [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - BenediktKaempgen
<bhyland> So yes, Biplav confirms native support of RDF for DB2 is a very important announcement/commitment by IBM.
<BenediktKaempgen> EDF = European Data Forum 2012
George: Next Thursday Focus?
bhyland: Review Best Practices and community directory.
<DaveReynolds> bye, thanks
<BenediktKaempgen> Thanks George
<George> luis_bermudez: are you okay to complete the minutes?
<lbermude2> George - the minutes are not available at the http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html
<lbermude2> Chair: George
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found Scribe: luis_bermudez Inferring ScribeNick: luis_bermudez Default Present: +3539149aaaa, mhausenblas, +1.267.481.aabb, George_Thomas, Sandro, luis_bermudez, bhyland, +49.721.aacc, +1.202.566.aadd, +3539149aaee, BenediktKaempgen, fadmaa, martinAlvarez, DaveReynolds, boris, +33.4.93.00.aaff, +1.757.604.aagg, GeraldSteeman, Yigal, +188.8.131.52.aahh, cgueret, Biplav Present: +3539149aaaa mhausenblas +1.267.481.aabb George_Thomas Sandro luis_bermudez bhyland +49.721.aacc +1.202.566.aadd +3539149aaee BenediktKaempgen fadmaa martinAlvarez DaveReynolds boris +33.4.93.00.aaff +1.757.604.aagg GeraldSteeman Yigal +184.108.40.206.aahh cgueret Biplav Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120412 Found Date: 19 Apr 2012 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html People with action items: benediktkaempgen bhyland fadmaa WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]