IRC log of webtv on 2012-04-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:51:07 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webtv
14:51:07 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-webtv-irc
14:51:14 [kaz]
zakim, this will be webtv
14:51:14 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; I see UW_WebTVIG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
14:51:20 [kaz]
zakim, call kazuyuki-617
14:51:23 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; the call is being made
14:51:27 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG()11:00AM has now started
14:51:29 [Zakim]
+Kazuyuki
14:54:13 [joesteele]
joesteele has joined #webtv
14:56:48 [Clarke]
Clarke has joined #webtv
14:57:45 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:57:54 [Clarke]
zakim, ??P1 is me
14:57:54 [Zakim]
+Clarke; got it
14:58:39 [Zakim]
+??P2
14:58:58 [nisc]
zakim, ??P2 is me
14:58:58 [Zakim]
+nisc; got it
14:59:12 [nisc]
zakim, nisc is Niklas_Schmücker
14:59:12 [Zakim]
+Niklas_Schmücker; got it
14:59:21 [Zakim]
+Oliver_Goldman
14:59:32 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.269.aaaa
14:59:37 [kaz]
zakim, Oliver_Goldman is Joe_Steele
14:59:37 [Zakim]
+Joe_Steele; got it
14:59:45 [kaz]
zakim, aaaa is John_Simmons
14:59:45 [Zakim]
+John_Simmons; got it
15:00:05 [Zakim]
+??P8
15:00:22 [Zakim]
+??P11
15:00:31 [glenn]
zakim, ??p11 is glenn
15:00:31 [Zakim]
+glenn; got it
15:00:58 [duncanr]
duncanr has joined #webtv
15:01:05 [kaz]
zakim, ??P8 is Eric
15:01:05 [Zakim]
+Eric; got it
15:01:12 [eric]
eric has joined #webtv
15:02:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.475.aabb
15:02:34 [Zakim]
+ +44.303.040.aacc
15:02:42 [kaz]
zakim, aabb Russell
15:02:42 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aabb Russell', kaz
15:02:47 [kaz]
zakim, aabb is Russell
15:02:47 [Zakim]
+Russell; got it
15:02:52 [kaz]
zakim, aacc is Duncan
15:02:52 [Zakim]
+Duncan; got it
15:03:38 [Zakim]
+??P28
15:03:46 [kaz]
zakim, ??P28 is Giuseppe
15:03:46 [Zakim]
+Giuseppe; got it
15:03:53 [giuseppe]
giuseppe has joined #webtv
15:04:14 [kaz]
scribe: Joe
15:04:15 [joesteele]
Scribe: joesteele
15:04:20 [KevinStreeter]
KevinStreeter has joined #webtv
15:04:22 [kaz]
scribenick: joesteele
15:04:27 [Zakim]
+Mark_Vickers
15:04:40 [kaz]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Agenda_Telco_12th_April_2012
15:04:49 [Russell_Berkoff]
Russell_Berkoff has joined #webtv
15:04:54 [mark_vickers]
mark_vickers has joined #webtv
15:05:00 [Zakim]
+ +1.858.735.aadd
15:05:27 [kaz]
zakim, who is noisy?
15:05:29 [KevinStreeter]
zakim, I am +1.858.735.aadd
15:05:29 [Zakim]
+KevinStreeter; got it
15:05:39 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Clarke (45%), Niklas_Schmücker (24%)
15:05:40 [kaz]
zakim, mute me
15:05:41 [Zakim]
Kazuyuki should now be muted
15:05:51 [kaz]
zakim, mute Niklas
15:05:51 [Zakim]
Niklas_Schmücker should now be muted
15:05:56 [joesteele]
Topic: Bugs
15:06:21 [joesteele]
Clarke: review bugs and first draft of reqs doc -- anything else?
15:06:39 [joesteele]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF#Bugs
15:06:54 [joesteele]
Clarke: no new bugs recorded -- any new ones?
15:07:20 [joesteele]
Clarke: any status changes on the 7 bugs we are tracking?
15:07:27 [kaz]
Meeting: Media Pipeline Task Force Teleconference
15:07:31 [kaz]
Chair: Clarke
15:07:33 [joesteele]
???1: some comments on one of the bugs
15:07:42 [kaz]
s/???1/giuseppe/
15:07:50 [joesteele]
Clarke: anything we want to cover on those bugs?
15:07:59 [joesteele]
guiseppe: not for now
15:08:10 [Zakim]
+ +358.405.81aaee
15:08:15 [Juhani]
Juhani has joined #webtv
15:08:16 [joesteele]
Clarke: just sent ADB reqs doc -- this will be submitted to HTML Media TF
15:08:32 [kaz]
zakim, aaee is Juhahi
15:08:32 [Zakim]
+Juhahi; got it
15:08:41 [joesteele]
Clarke: follows the MPTF template. not on a common repository yet, sent as an enclosure
15:08:55 [joesteele]
Clarke: GoToMeeting to follow along
15:09:14 [joesteele]
Clarke: two mains things to cover today ...
15:09:24 [joesteele]
… reqs listed form our dashboard page ...
15:09:26 [kaz]
i/just sent/topic: ABR requirements/
15:09:30 [KevinStreeter_]
KevinStreeter_ has joined #webtv
15:09:46 [joesteele]
… section for more comments -- not filled in yet ...
15:09:54 [glenn]
glenn has joined #webtv
15:09:56 [joesteele]
… section on security and next steps ...
15:10:00 [kaz]
s/mains things/main things/
15:10:08 [joesteele]
… part to expand on today is terminology.
15:10:28 [joesteele]
Clarke: need to get additional terms that need to be brought up in the doc
15:10:42 [joesteele]
Clarke: any terms that are related to ABR that need to be added?
15:11:16 [Zakim]
+??P35
15:11:19 [kaz]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2012Apr/att-0007/MPTF_ADB_Requirements3.html initial draft of MPTF Requirements for Adaptive Bit Rate Streaming
15:11:26 [joesteele]
Clarke: we could add a definition for ADB itself
15:11:42 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
15:11:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki (muted), Clarke, Niklas_Schmücker (muted), Joe_Steele, John_Simmons, Eric, glenn (muted), Russell, Duncan, Giuseppe, Mark_Vickers, KevinStreeter,
15:11:44 [joesteele]
Clarke: probably "manifest file"
15:11:46 [Zakim]
... Juhahi, ??P35 (muted)
15:11:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see glenn, KevinStreeter, Juhani, mark_vickers, Russell_Berkoff, giuseppe, eric, duncanr, Clarke, joesteele, RRSAgent, Zakim, kaz, nisc, masao, timeless, trackbot
15:11:47 [glenn]
zakim, ??p35 is glenn
15:11:47 [Zakim]
+glenn; got it
15:11:53 [joesteele]
s/ABR/ADB/
15:12:43 [joesteele]
guiseppe: list the open sources for this document as well
15:12:54 [giuseppe]
s/guiseppe/giuseppe/
15:12:59 [joesteele]
Clarke: few definitions from the proposal itself
15:13:20 [joesteele]
Clarke: "common time base" ?
15:13:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-webtv-minutes.html kaz
15:13:59 [joesteele]
Clarke: what about "trick play"?
15:14:57 [joesteele]
John_Simmons: for a doc intended to be requirements, any definitions not around objects you are trying to articulate are not required
15:15:42 [joesteele]
John_Simmons: a lot of things mentioned will fall out of the proposals created and attempts to create a solution for the HTML WG
15:15:54 [joesteele]
John_Simmons: main thing is to get the reqs clear
15:16:10 [joesteele]
Clarke: get things specific to a proposal and those should be in the proposal
15:16:41 [joesteele]
Clarke: what about "user agent"?
15:17:02 [joesteele]
John_Simmons: this is a well define term in the HTML WG -- does not need to be defined
15:17:27 [joesteele]
Clarke: any other terms to define?
15:18:04 [joesteele]
Clarke: please take a look at the TOC and see if anything is there
15:18:35 [giuseppe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2012Apr/att-0007/MPTF_ADB_Requirements3.html
15:19:44 [joesteele]
Clarke: <reading the TOC>
15:20:23 [joesteele]
joesteele: definition of "track"?
15:21:10 [joesteele]
Duncan: authors of the spec has Adrian instead of Kilroy
15:21:43 [joesteele]
Clarke: any other comment on the outline?
15:22:17 [joesteele]
Clarke: back to the agenda
15:22:30 [joesteele]
Topic: new bugs or TF items?
15:22:40 [joesteele]
Clarke: anything else to discuss here?
15:23:33 [joesteele]
John_Simmons: the TF has been proposed in HTML WG, comments have been posted, similar to previous discussion there are people opposed to there even being a TF ...
15:24:01 [joesteele]
… I encourage people interested in seeing this work to express their support for creation of this TF ...
15:24:18 [joesteele]
???2: do we respond to the CFC?
15:24:28 [kaz]
s/???2:/Mark_Vickers:/
15:24:33 [joesteele]
John_SImmons: yes - just respond that we support the creation of this task force
15:25:09 [joesteele]
Clarke: I thought we had gone through this -- what determines whether a TF gets formed? simple majority? feedback? ...
15:25:22 [joesteele]
… how do we know when enough support has been given?
15:25:43 [joesteele]
John_Simmons: it is not a forgone conclusion that TF will be created
15:25:56 [Clarke]
?q
15:25:57 [kaz]
zakim, unmute me
15:25:57 [Zakim]
Kazuyuki should no longer be muted
15:25:57 [glenn]
there aren't really any rules
15:25:59 [Clarke]
q?
15:26:07 [glenn]
it is a matter of the chairs to determine consensus
15:26:15 [joesteele]
kaz: consensus is the process
15:26:16 [glenn]
consensus does not mean unanimity
15:26:40 [joesteele]
kaz: it would be useful to send out supporting message
15:26:51 [joesteele]
Clarke: seems unlikely to be agreement. does a vote happen?
15:27:02 [joesteele]
kaz: yes -- final resolution is a vote
15:27:09 [glenn]
no vote will occur if the chairs feel there is no need for it
15:27:18 [joesteele]
Clarke: company get to vote?
15:27:45 [joesteele]
s/company get/ companies get/
15:28:05 [joesteele]
Clarke: expressing support is useful and encouraged, but final decision is subject to ambiguity
15:28:28 [glenn]
the response date already passed
15:28:29 [joesteele]
Mark_Vickers: I am going to respond today and I encourage others
15:28:34 [glenn]
and it only asked for objections
15:28:39 [joesteele]
Clarke: any other discussion?
15:28:47 [joesteele]
Clarke: any other topics?
15:29:17 [joesteele]
Clarke: short meeting today. Will update the docs and send out the links for review.
15:29:26 [joesteele]
Topic: Adjournement
15:29:26 [Zakim]
-Eric
15:29:28 [Zakim]
-glenn.a
15:29:31 [Zakim]
-Mark_Vickers
15:29:33 [Zakim]
-John_Simmons
15:29:35 [Zakim]
-Duncan
15:29:36 [Zakim]
-Clarke
15:29:38 [Zakim]
-KevinStreeter
15:29:38 [Zakim]
-Russell
15:29:39 [Zakim]
-Juhahi
15:29:39 [Zakim]
-Joe_Steele
15:29:42 [Zakim]
-Kazuyuki
15:29:43 [Zakim]
-Giuseppe
15:29:53 [kaz]
[ adjourned ]
15:29:53 [KevinStreeter]
KevinStreeter has left #webtv
15:30:00 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:30:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-webtv-minutes.html kaz
15:30:28 [kaz]
Present: Kazuyuki, Clarke, Niklas_Schmücker, Joe_Steele, John_Simmons, Eric, Glenn, Russell, Duncan, Giuseppe, Mark_Vickers, Kevin_Streeter, Juhahi
15:30:30 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:30:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-webtv-minutes.html kaz
16:00:32 [giuseppe]
giuseppe has left #webtv