IRC log of wai-wcag on 2012-04-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:58:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:51 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-wai-wcag-irc
19:58:53 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:58:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:55 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:58:55 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
19:58:56 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
19:58:56 [trackbot]
Date: 12 April 2012
19:59:18 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
19:59:19 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:00:20 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:00:22 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:00:33 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:00:50 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:00:51 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:00:54 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
20:01:05 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:01:27 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:01:34 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft.a is Alex_Li
20:01:34 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li; got it
20:02:21 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:02:39 [Zakim]
+[Oracle]
20:02:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.423.aaaa
20:03:01 [Zakim]
+Judy
20:03:02 [MichaelC]
zakim, aaaa is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:03:02 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:03:10 [MichaelC]
zakim, Oracle is Peter_Korn
20:03:10 [Zakim]
+Peter_Korn; got it
20:03:30 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:57 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.544.aabb
20:04:32 [MichaelC]
zakim, aabb is Robin_Tuttle
20:04:32 [Zakim]
+Robin_Tuttle; got it
20:04:46 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:55 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:04:57 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2012AprJun/0014.html
20:05:13 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #WAI-WCAG
20:06:22 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Cherie_Ekholm
20:06:22 [Zakim]
+Cherie_Ekholm; got it
20:06:43 [robin]
robin has joined #wai-wcag
20:06:49 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:16 [Zakim]
+Marc_Johlic
20:09:17 [marcjohlic]
scribe: marcjohlic
20:09:53 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: WCAG2ICT Task Force Work Statement
20:09:56 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20120412TF/results
20:10:21 [Zakim]
+Moe
20:11:00 [MichaelC]
zakim, Moe is Maureen_Kraft
20:11:00 [Zakim]
+Maureen_Kraft; got it
20:11:19 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:11:56 [Loretta]
q+
20:12:02 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:12:24 [Loretta]
q-
20:12:30 [Moe]
Moe has joined #wai-wcag
20:17:59 [korn]
q+
20:18:40 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:18:53 [marcjohlic]
Dependencies section - whom is dependent on whom?
20:19:15 [marcjohlic]
JB: Mutual dependencies between those groups listed and us
20:19:40 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
20:21:06 [Ryladog]
q+
20:21:13 [korn]
q-
20:22:00 [Judy]
q+
20:22:10 [greggvanderheiden]
q+
20:22:11 [Ryladog]
ack Katie
20:22:35 [korn]
q+
20:23:14 [Judy]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:23:15 [MichaelC]
zakim, Ryladog is Katie
20:23:15 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named 'Ryladog'
20:23:16 [Andi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:23:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Cooper, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Cherie_Ekholm, Alex_Li, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Peter_Korn, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Judy, Robin_Tuttle, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Marc_Johlic,
20:23:20 [Zakim]
... Maureen_Kraft, Bruce_Bailey (muted), Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:23:25 [Zakim]
Judy, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Gregg_Vanderheiden (19%), Andi_Snow-Weaver (19%), Maureen_Kraft (30%)
20:23:27 [MichaelC]
zakim, Katie is Ryladog
20:23:28 [Zakim]
+Ryladog; got it
20:23:51 [Andi]
zakim, mute me
20:23:51 [Zakim]
Andi_Snow-Weaver should now be muted
20:26:13 [Ryladog]
q-
20:26:18 [Judy]
ack j
20:26:26 [Loretta]
ack k
20:26:41 [korn]
q-
20:28:30 [Loretta]
ack g
20:29:39 [Judy]
q+
20:30:08 [MichaelC]
q+ Cherie
20:30:08 [Loretta]
q+ alex
20:31:05 [greggvanderheiden]
q+
20:31:15 [Loretta]
ack j
20:34:39 [Judy]
q+
20:35:09 [MichaelC]
ack alex
20:35:10 [Judy]
q?
20:35:15 [Loretta]
q+
20:36:42 [Loretta]
ack cherie
20:38:04 [Judy]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2010/06/charter#scope
20:41:26 [Zakim]
-Cooper
20:41:50 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:41:58 [Andi]
q+
20:44:09 [Loretta]
ack g
20:45:21 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:46:00 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:47:36 [Zakim]
-Cooper
20:48:03 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:49:11 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:51:18 [Judy]
q+
20:52:35 [Andi]
q-
20:52:54 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
20:58:13 [greggvanderheiden]
q+
20:58:22 [Loretta]
ack j
20:58:30 [Ryladog]
+1
21:05:43 [marcjohlic]
ACTION ITEM Judy to Explore who would be on the task force and whether they need to join WCAG or just sign the agreement to participate
21:05:43 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - ITEM
21:06:00 [marcjohlic]
action Judy toExplore who would be on the task force and whether they need to join WCAG or just sign the agreement to participate
21:06:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-169 - ToExplore who would be on the task force and whether they need to join WCAG or just sign the agreement to participate [on Judy Brewer - due 2012-04-19].
21:12:17 [MichaelC]
action: alex to make proposals for how other groups will interface with the WCAG2ICT TF
21:12:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-170 - Make proposals for how other groups will interface with the WCAG2ICT TF [on Alex Li - due 2012-04-19].
21:12:51 [Loretta]
q?
21:13:02 [Loretta]
ack l
21:13:43 [korn]
q+
21:16:11 [Loretta]
ack k
21:16:56 [MichaelC]
q+
21:18:54 [MichaelC]
q+ to say I wasn't talking about the concept of conformance, I was talking about the specific "conformance requirements" which are numbered items much like the success criteria, and include critical things like accessibility support, non-interference, complete processes, etc.
21:18:59 [korn]
q+
21:19:20 [Loretta]
ack g
21:21:29 [Loretta]
ack m
21:21:29 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to say I wasn't talking about the concept of conformance, I was talking about the specific "conformance requirements" which are numbered items much like the
21:21:33 [Zakim]
... success criteria, and include critical things like accessibility support, non-interference, complete processes, etc.
21:21:37 [MichaelC]
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#conformance-reqs
21:22:10 [Loretta]
ack k
21:23:13 [greggvanderheiden]
q+
21:23:29 [MichaelC]
q+ to suggest an "as appropriate" rider
21:23:37 [Judy]
q+
21:23:40 [Andi]
q+ to speak to Peter's concern about promising we will cover conformance
21:24:31 [Andi]
ack g
21:25:53 [Andi]
zakim, unmute me
21:25:53 [Zakim]
Andi_Snow-Weaver should no longer be muted
21:25:54 [korn]
I can go longer
21:28:01 [Loretta]
ack a
21:28:01 [Zakim]
Andi, you wanted to speak to Peter's concern about promising we will cover conformance
21:28:16 [korn]
Andi - I'm happy to go further than that - that we promise to explore it, and have the ability to address it as we want.
21:28:43 [MichaelC]
ack me
21:28:43 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to suggest an "as appropriate" rider
21:29:21 [Loretta]
q+
21:29:45 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
21:29:49 [Loretta]
ack j
21:30:14 [greggvanderheiden]
q+
21:30:23 [Loretta]
ack l
21:31:05 [korn]
q+
21:31:15 [Loretta]
Need language to distinguish conformance requirements from the broader issue of conformance.
21:31:21 [Loretta]
ack g
21:31:34 [Loretta]
q+ david
21:31:42 [Loretta]
ack k
21:32:48 [Loretta]
ack d
21:32:50 [Zakim]
-Robin_Tuttle
21:34:04 [marcjohlic]
E-mail specific suggestion to Judy. People can also update their surveys and Judy will check there as well.
21:34:35 [korn]
q+
21:35:06 [Loretta]
ack k
21:37:51 [David]
q+
21:40:24 [marcjohlic]
action: korn to update first paragraph under "Approach" section per Michael's comment.
21:40:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-171 - Update first paragraph under "Approach" section per Michael's comment. [on Peter Korn - due 2012-04-19].
21:40:42 [Loretta]
ack d
21:40:50 [korn]
Hey trackbot - I'm also working on proposed text related to "conformance"
21:42:57 [korn]
q+
21:44:03 [Loretta]
ack k
21:44:32 [Loretta]
q+
21:45:13 [Loretta]
ack l
21:48:42 [Loretta]
ack b
21:53:53 [korn]
q+
21:56:54 [Judy]
q?
21:58:19 [Loretta]
q+
21:59:38 [Loretta]
ack me
22:00:37 [Loretta]
ack k
22:00:58 [korn]
q-
22:01:01 [Moe]
Moe has left #wai-wcag
22:01:02 [Zakim]
-Maureen_Kraft
22:01:16 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:01:17 [Zakim]
-Ryladog
22:01:18 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
22:01:20 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:01:20 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:01:21 [Zakim]
-Cherie_Ekholm
22:01:21 [Zakim]
-Peter_Korn
22:01:22 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:01:23 [Zakim]
-Judy
22:01:25 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:01:26 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:01:33 [Zakim]
-Marc_Johlic
22:01:34 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
22:01:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were Cooper, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Bruce_Bailey, Alex_Li, Katie_Haritos-Shea, +1.512.423.aaaa, Judy, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Peter_Korn, +1.206.544.aabb, Robin_Tuttle,
22:01:35 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cherie_Ekholm, Marc_Johlic, Maureen_Kraft, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ryladog, Michael_Cooper, David_MacDonald
22:16:03 [korn]
korn has left #wai-wcag
22:38:12 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:38:16 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
22:38:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-wai-wcag-minutes.html MichaelC
22:43:38 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
22:43:38 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:43:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: alex to make proposals for how other groups will interface with the WCAG2ICT TF [1]
22:43:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-wai-wcag-irc#T21-12-17
22:43:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: korn to update first paragraph under "Approach" section per Michael's comment. [2]
22:43:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-wai-wcag-irc#T21-40-24
22:43:40 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
22:43:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag