IRC log of dap on 2012-04-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:02:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:02:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/04/11-dap-irc
13:02:02 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:02:02 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:02:04 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:02:04 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 58 minutes
13:02:05 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
13:02:05 [trackbot]
Date: 11 April 2012
13:05:43 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Apr/0018.html
13:08:41 [fjh]
Chair: Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:08:48 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:42:07 [Josh_Soref]
Scribe: Josh_Soref
13:45:31 [darobin]
darobin has joined #dap
13:49:36 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
13:51:47 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
13:55:26 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:55:28 [Zakim]
+ +1.289.261.aaaa
13:56:12 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aaaa is me
13:56:12 [Zakim]
+Josh_Soref; got it
13:58:38 [Deep]
Deep has joined #dap
13:58:49 [Zakim]
+??P16
13:58:50 [Zakim]
-??P16
13:58:50 [Zakim]
+??P16
13:58:54 [fjh]
zakim, ??P16
13:58:54 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??P16', fjh
13:59:00 [fjh]
zakim, ??P16 is me
13:59:00 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
13:59:04 [Deep]
Present+ Deepanshu_Gautam
13:59:24 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:59:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/11-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
13:59:25 [fjh]
s/zakim, ??P16$//
13:59:42 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:00:12 [spoussa]
spoussa has joined #dap
14:01:10 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #dap
14:01:16 [dsr]
dsr has joined #dap
14:01:31 [Zakim]
+Dsr
14:01:44 [Jungkee]
Jungkee has joined #dap
14:01:58 [Jungkee]
Present+ Jungkee_Song
14:01:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.449.aabb
14:02:01 [Zakim]
+ +1.503.542.aacc
14:02:24 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is making noise?
14:02:24 [Zakim]
+ +86255662aadd
14:02:35 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +86255662aadd (18%), fjh (16%)
14:02:35 [dtran]
dtran has joined #dap
14:02:42 [Zakim]
+ +1.503.333.aaee
14:02:45 [dtran]
Present+ Dzung_Tran
14:02:53 [dtran]
aaee is me
14:02:59 [Josh_Soref]
s/aaee is me//
14:03:03 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aaee is dtran
14:03:03 [Zakim]
+dtran; got it
14:03:06 [spoussa]
Present+ Sakari_Poussa
14:03:14 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, area code +1425
14:03:14 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'area code +1425', Josh_Soref
14:03:19 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, where is +1425
14:03:19 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, I do not see a party named 'where'. If you meant to ask a question you need to add '?'
14:03:21 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, where is 1425
14:03:21 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, I do not see a party named 'where'. If you meant to ask a question you need to add '?'
14:03:24 [Travis]
Travis has joined #dap
14:03:30 [dsr]
Present+ dsr
14:03:34 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:03:43 [spoussa]
aaee is me
14:03:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref, fjh, Dsr, +1.425.449.aabb, +1.503.542.aacc (muted), +86255662aadd, dtran
14:03:56 [fjh]
zakim, aaee is spoussa
14:04:00 [Travis]
Present+ Travis_Leithead
14:04:05 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Travis, dtran, Jungkee, dsr, adrianba, spoussa, Deep, richt, fjh, darobin, Zakim, RRSAgent, hiroto, lgombos, ilkka, mounir, Josh_Soref, rektide, trackbot, dom
14:04:14 [Zakim]
sorry, fjh, I do not recognize a party named 'aaee'
14:04:33 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, dtran is really spoussa
14:04:34 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
14:04:37 [Zakim]
+spoussa; got it
14:04:41 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aacc is dtran
14:04:44 [Zakim]
+dtran; got it
14:04:46 [Zakim]
+??P0
14:04:52 [darobin]
Zakim, ??P0 is me
14:04:52 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
14:04:55 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, where is 1425
14:04:57 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, I do not see a party named 'where'. If you meant to ask a question you need to add '?'
14:04:59 [mounir]
darobin: are you guys going to speak about network information api?
14:05:01 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:05:06 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, where is 1425?
14:05:06 [Zakim]
sorry, Josh_Soref, I do not understand your question
14:05:09 [Zakim]
+??P2
14:05:09 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, where is +1425?
14:05:11 [Zakim]
North American dialing code 1.425 is Washington
14:05:13 [AnssiK]
zakim, ??P2 is me
14:05:16 [Zakim]
+AnssiK; got it
14:05:23 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
14:05:28 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:05:46 [Jungkee]
Zakim, ??P1 is Jungkee_Song
14:05:46 [Zakim]
+Jungkee_Song; got it
14:05:48 [Travis]
Zakim, +1.425.449.aabb is Travis
14:05:48 [Zakim]
+Travis; got it
14:06:45 [mounir]
darobin: will try to join then
14:07:09 [Josh_Soref]
q+ to note WebIntents slot on May 1 at 1:30pm-2:30pm California time at WebApps interim F2F is http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012AprJun/0124.html
14:07:25 [fjh]
please note WebIntents session at WebApps
14:07:26 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, where is +86255?
14:07:26 [Zakim]
country code 86 is China
14:07:31 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.266.aaff
14:07:38 [Cathy]
zakim, aaff is me
14:07:38 [Zakim]
+Cathy; got it
14:07:53 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aadd is Deepanshu_Gautam
14:07:53 [Zakim]
+Deepanshu_Gautam; got it
14:08:00 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call?
14:08:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref, fjh, Dsr, Travis, dtran (muted), Deepanshu_Gautam, spoussa, darobin (muted), AnssiK, Jungkee_Song, Cathy
14:08:28 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Administrative
14:08:30 [jorge_peraza]
jorge_peraza has joined #dap
14:08:34 [Josh_Soref]
ack me
14:08:34 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, you wanted to note WebIntents slot on May 1 at 1:30pm-2:30pm California time at WebApps interim F2F is
14:08:36 [Zakim]
... http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012AprJun/0124.html
14:08:43 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Minutes Approval
14:08:49 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
14:08:52 [fjh]
F2F Minutes (v2) : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2012Apr/att-0025/minutes-2012-03-20.html
14:08:52 [fjh]
known issues: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Apr/0012.html
14:08:53 [fjh]
4 April draft minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Apr/att-0009/minutes-2012-04-04.html
14:08:55 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: we have face to face minutes as well as minutes from last week's call
14:09:01 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft] is me
14:09:01 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
14:09:05 [Clarke]
Clarke has joined #dap
14:09:06 [Josh_Soref]
... the question is can we approve these or do we need more time?
14:09:11 [fjh]
ack darobin
14:09:12 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: i recon we can approve them
14:09:19 [Josh_Soref]
... people have had a chance to look at the record
14:09:29 [mounir]
darobin: the french number is expected to work?
14:09:34 [Zakim]
+??P3
14:09:35 [Josh_Soref]
... i don't think Josh_Soref's changes are massive or modify what people have said
14:09:46 [mounir]
awesome...
14:09:54 [Zakim]
+??P6
14:09:54 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i think we need two resolutions
14:09:59 [mounir]
should be removed from the agenda...
14:10:06 [Clarke]
zakim, ??P6 is me
14:10:06 [Zakim]
+Clarke; got it
14:10:28 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: i'm missing a link from Claus's presentation
14:10:39 [Clarke]
Present+ Clarke_Stevens
14:10:42 [fjh]
s/Claus/Claes/
14:10:44 [Josh_Soref]
... I wanted a correction for Wonsuk
14:11:22 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call?
14:11:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref, fjh, Dsr, Travis, dtran (muted), Deepanshu_Gautam, spoussa, darobin (muted), AnssiK, Jungkee_Song, Cathy, adrianba, ??P3, Clarke
14:11:36 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i don't think we're in a rush to approve them
14:11:44 [jorge_peraza]
Present + Jorge_Peraza
14:11:46 [Josh_Soref]
... i think people are mostly fine with the minutes
14:12:06 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: Josh_Soref, why don't you clean them all up and we'll approve them next week
14:12:32 [jorge_peraza]
Getting on the call in a few minutes
14:12:32 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
14:12:45 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: 4 April minutes are approved
14:12:56 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: it's only fair to let people see what they're approving
14:13:08 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i'll send a message to Claes asking for the link
14:13:12 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: NFC discussion
14:13:15 [fjh]
Please take all NFC discussion to new mail list, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Apr/0014.html
14:13:35 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: if you're interested in that discussion and able to participate, then you should probably join
14:13:41 [Josh_Soref]
dsr: we could set up a CG for this
14:13:47 [Zakim]
+ +33.4.78.69.aagg
14:13:51 [Josh_Soref]
... but it seemed simpler to set up a mailing list and a wiki
14:13:58 [Josh_Soref]
... without a patent policy commitment
14:14:07 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
14:14:11 [Josh_Soref]
... after a minimal discussion we can work that into a CG or WG
14:14:15 [Josh_Soref]
... with a charter...
14:14:24 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, [Microsoft] is probably Travis
14:14:24 [Zakim]
+Travis?; got it
14:14:36 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aagg is probably mounir
14:14:36 [Zakim]
+mounir?; got it
14:14:54 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: F2F Meeting planning
14:15:14 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: there's two possible meetings coming up
14:15:32 [Josh_Soref]
... possibly week of 9 july
14:15:46 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: we should have a WBS with a short decision time
14:15:46 [Deep]
q+
14:15:49 [Josh_Soref]
... on weeks in july
14:16:03 [Josh_Soref]
... we have an offer to host from vodafone in Dusseldorf
14:16:10 [Josh_Soref]
... they had originally looked into late June
14:16:18 [Josh_Soref]
... but it'd be good to have a decision very soon
14:16:25 [Josh_Soref]
... because we're running into the deadline
14:16:33 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i don't know if Nokia could be able to host
14:16:38 [Josh_Soref]
... i suspect it would be problematic
14:16:49 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: at some point, richt had suggested Oslo could be an option
14:16:55 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: that might be useful as well
14:16:58 [Josh_Soref]
... it depends on the other offer
14:17:03 [Zakim]
+??P25
14:17:04 [Josh_Soref]
... what about TPAC
14:17:07 [Zakim]
-??P3
14:17:13 [Josh_Soref]
... I don't know which groups we want to overlap with or not
14:17:28 [richt]
zakim, ??P25 is me
14:17:28 [Zakim]
+richt; got it
14:17:33 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: historically, we've avoided overlapping at all costs with webapps
14:17:39 [Josh_Soref]
... html5 is ok to overlap
14:17:41 [jorge_peraza]
Zakim, [Microsoft] is Jorge_Peraza
14:17:41 [Zakim]
sorry, jorge_peraza, I do not recognize a party named '[Microsoft]'
14:17:51 [fjh]
q?
14:17:55 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, Travis is really jorge_peraza
14:17:57 [Zakim]
sorry, Josh_Soref, I do not recognize a party named 'Travis'
14:18:01 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, Travis? is really jorge_peraza
14:18:01 [Zakim]
+jorge_peraza; got it
14:18:15 [Josh_Soref]
... we have more shared participation with webapps
14:18:23 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: i think we'll need to meet at TPAC
14:18:35 [Josh_Soref]
... if all goes according to plan, we'll have enough progress to justify meeting
14:18:36 [fjh]
ack deep
14:18:54 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: and we need to do Intents work which justifies the July F2F
14:19:04 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: is XML Security meeting at TPAC?
14:19:10 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: no, we're just doing list work
14:19:24 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: dsr, you have a problem with Friday at TPAC?
14:19:25 [Josh_Soref]
dsr: yes
14:19:32 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: anyone else have thoughts/comments?
14:19:41 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: should i set up a form?
14:20:05 [Josh_Soref]
Deep: i just want to add that the week of 9 july will conflict with an OMA meeting
14:20:12 [Josh_Soref]
... so perhaps we could do the week following
14:20:16 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: that's useful information
14:20:27 [Josh_Soref]
... we do try to avoid clashing, but sometimes there's no alternative
14:20:42 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: we could put the week of the 9th and the week of the 16th into the questionaire
14:20:50 [Josh_Soref]
... are we doing 2 or 3 days?
14:20:58 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: i think it makes sense to do 2 1/2 maybe 3 days
14:21:02 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i'd suggest midweek
14:21:14 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: people tend to prefer traveling on weekdays
14:21:32 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: for me, it would be best if it were Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
14:21:34 [fjh]
prefer wed-fri
14:21:41 [dsr]
agenda+ Formal request to advance battery status/vibration to CR?
14:21:43 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: I don't have a big problem
14:21:51 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute Deep
14:21:51 [Zakim]
Deepanshu_Gautam should now be muted
14:22:03 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: number of people should be 15-20
14:22:11 [Josh_Soref]
... for TPAC
14:22:21 [Josh_Soref]
... i was thinking about the TPAC questionaire
14:22:25 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Sensor API
14:22:35 [fjh]
Updated draft with discovery removed - http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/sensor-api/Overview.html (Dzung Tran)
14:22:35 [fjh]
Sensor wiki for issue review, please update: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/Sensor_Issues
14:22:59 [Josh_Soref]
s/15-20/50-60 [based on past experience]/
14:23:14 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: we got comments from marcos
14:23:29 [Josh_Soref]
... i don't think there's anything we can do on the call
14:23:43 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Network Information API
14:23:53 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i'm not sure what to do next
14:24:11 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call?
14:24:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref, fjh, Dsr, Travis, dtran (muted), Deepanshu_Gautam (muted), spoussa, darobin (muted), AnssiK, Jungkee_Song, Cathy, adrianba, Clarke, mounir?,
14:24:15 [Zakim]
... jorge_peraza, richt
14:24:31 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute dsr
14:24:31 [Zakim]
Dsr should now be muted
14:24:50 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: AnssiK, do you have thoughts about next steps?
14:24:53 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: about energy?
14:25:07 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: yes
14:25:14 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: i don't consider myself an expert on that
14:25:21 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: is it possible to punt to v2?
14:25:32 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, Travis is really jorge_peraza
14:25:32 [Zakim]
+jorge_peraza; got it
14:25:38 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call
14:25:38 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the call', Josh_Soref
14:25:39 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call?
14:25:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref, fjh, Dsr (muted), jorge_peraza.a, dtran (muted), Deepanshu_Gautam (muted), spoussa, darobin (muted), AnssiK, Jungkee_Song, Cathy, adrianba, Clarke,
14:25:43 [Zakim]
... mounir?, jorge_peraza, richt
14:26:07 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, jorge_peraza.a is really Travis
14:26:07 [Zakim]
+Travis; got it
14:26:15 [fjh]
Bryan for next step on network information discussion of last week
14:26:59 [dsr]
ack dsr
14:27:00 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, next agendum
14:27:00 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Formal request to advance battery status/vibration to CR?" taken up [from dsr]
14:27:24 [Josh_Soref]
i/agenum 1/Topic: Battery + Vibration
14:27:42 [Josh_Soref]
dsr: i had an action to schedule a call
14:27:47 [Josh_Soref]
... are we ready?
14:27:55 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: AnssiK, did we have an update for vibration?
14:28:01 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: i thought we were good to go for both
14:28:07 [AnssiK]
commit log: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/dap/vibration/Overview.html
14:28:21 [Josh_Soref]
... i remember we had a bit of post decision comments/discussion
14:28:34 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: we removed the exception items
14:28:39 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: but that was old
14:28:48 [Josh_Soref]
... i think we're good to go
14:29:20 [Josh_Soref]
dsr: did we have a RESOLUTION?
14:29:27 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: I believe we did, but i'd have to find it
14:29:30 [Josh_Soref]
... we could do two now
14:29:54 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: Bring Battery API to CR with no features at risk and exit criteria of two interoperable implementations of all features
14:30:28 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: there's a minimum bar to give people time to implement
14:30:34 [Josh_Soref]
... it's the reverse of the LC criteria
14:30:37 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: Bring Battery API to CR with no features at risk and exit criteria of two interoperable implementations of all features and not exiting CR before July 1
14:30:39 [Josh_Soref]
... to give people time to comment
14:30:52 [Josh_Soref]
... we don't need to make it long because we already have implementations
14:31:01 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: is July 1st ok?
14:31:05 [Josh_Soref]
... i want it before the F2F
14:31:08 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: Bring Vibration API to CR with no features at risk and exit criteria of two interoperable implementations of all features and not exiting CR before July 1
14:31:09 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: sounds reasonable
14:31:14 [Josh_Soref]
... we need existing implementations
14:31:24 [Josh_Soref]
... and they need to pass the test suite
14:31:28 [darobin]
+1
14:31:30 [AnssiK]
+1
14:31:37 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: Bring Battery API to CR with no features at risk and exit criteria of two interoperable implementations of all features and not exiting CR before July 1
14:31:42 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: Bring Vibration API to CR with no features at risk and exit criteria of two interoperable implementations of all features and not exiting CR before July 1
14:32:06 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:32:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/11-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:32:14 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: I'm going to be away next week
14:32:25 [Josh_Soref]
dsr: in that case, i'll liase with darobin on the official request
14:32:33 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Aciton review
14:32:37 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open
14:32:38 [Josh_Soref]
s/Aciton/Action/
14:33:20 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: we were kind and didn't do this at the F2F
14:33:21 [dtran]
+1
14:33:38 [Josh_Soref]
... i think it'd be nice if people could look through their own items
14:33:51 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: Travis: you have one for Network Information, i think it's done
14:33:56 [fjh]
ACTION-474?
14:33:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-474 -- Travis Leithead to make a proposal for Network Information API -- due 2011-11-11 -- OPEN
14:33:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/474
14:34:06 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: I thought that was getting feedback from Microsoft Teams
14:34:13 [Josh_Soref]
... and I think it's still worth doing
14:34:19 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: Josh_Soref: you have a bunch
14:34:28 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: richt: you have an action to consider
14:34:29 [fjh]
ACTION-513?
14:34:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-513 -- Richard Tibbett to consider updating Contacts specification to add WebIntents section -- due 2012-03-27 -- OPEN
14:34:29 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/513
14:34:53 [Josh_Soref]
richt: i don't remember that action
14:34:58 [darobin]
ACTION-483?
14:34:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-483 -- Josh Soref to send proposal to list for how Contacts will move forward -- due 2011-11-11 -- OPEN
14:34:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/483
14:35:10 [Josh_Soref]
... i'm thinking about it
14:35:27 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: i don't think that matches my recollection of what the action should be
14:35:40 [Josh_Soref]
... i think this was an action to rewrite Contacts as an Intent
14:35:44 [darobin]
ACTION-482?
14:35:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-482 -- Josh Soref to contacts find() may be replaced with Intents -- due 2011-11-11 -- OPEN
14:35:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/482
14:35:48 [fjh]
+1 to darobin interpretation
14:35:48 [Josh_Soref]
... it's related to several actions that Josh_Soref has
14:35:56 [Zakim]
+ +1.978.944.aahh
14:36:00 [Josh_Soref]
... i believe that Josh_Soref worked with greg on a proposal
14:36:09 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: that's right...
14:36:32 [Josh_Soref]
... i'll share it to richt
14:37:05 [Josh_Soref]
... and i'll try to be happy with it and then share it out to the list
14:37:09 [Josh_Soref]
richt: that'd be great
14:37:21 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: Josh_Soref, that'll clear up a bunch of your actions
14:37:38 [darobin]
ACTION-528?
14:37:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-528 -- Richard Tibbett to provide more use cases. -- due 2012-03-29 -- OPEN
14:37:38 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/528
14:37:59 [fjh]
note that there were a number of actions on James and Greg in the F2F minutes, prefixed by AI.
14:38:04 [darobin]
there's also:
14:38:07 [darobin]
ACTION-527?
14:38:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-527 -- Frederick Hirsch to send emial to other WG li -- due 2012-03-29 -- OPEN
14:38:07 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/527
14:38:41 [fjh]
ACTION-532?
14:38:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-532 -- Dave Raggett to collect use cases for qrcodes in web context -- due 2012-03-29 -- OPEN
14:38:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/532
14:38:45 [richt]
what am I supposed to be providing more use cases for?? (ACTION-528)
14:38:54 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: the QR code action is related to rechartering
14:39:07 [Josh_Soref]
... maybe there's something useful in QR space that could be added to the charter
14:39:22 [fjh]
ACTION-523?
14:39:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-523 -- Anssi Kostiainen to work on test cases for battery and vibration -- due 2012-03-28 -- OPEN
14:39:22 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/523
14:39:33 [Zakim]
-mounir?
14:40:18 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: i think this was coremob stuff
14:40:28 [Josh_Soref]
... don't spend much time on it
14:40:35 [Josh_Soref]
... a lot of it is going to be dropped anyway
14:40:40 [Josh_Soref]
... most of it is feature testing
14:40:43 [Josh_Soref]
... skeleton testing
14:40:46 [Josh_Soref]
... not actual testing
14:40:55 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: i noticed that
14:41:02 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: we'll have to build our own tests
14:41:14 [Josh_Soref]
... since you and i have action items, we should coordinate
14:41:19 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: webkit has tests
14:41:42 [Josh_Soref]
... there's an ongoing effort to make the layout test work with the test harness
14:41:46 [richt]
fyi, I've closed "ACTION-528: Provide more use cases" on me since I can't work out what the action relates to.
14:41:52 [Josh_Soref]
... i'd like to avoid extra work
14:42:06 [darobin]
[last I checked Mozilla didn't have much in the way of battery tests]
14:42:30 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: i assume the browser vendors have their own test suites
14:42:32 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: yes
14:42:42 [Josh_Soref]
... a lot of the tests rely on features of their own browser
14:42:55 [Josh_Soref]
... e.g. mozilla relies on features of ecmascript not implemented elsewhere
14:43:03 [Josh_Soref]
... often they can be easily adapted
14:43:11 [Josh_Soref]
... for vibration, we have some tests, but we need more
14:43:21 [Josh_Soref]
... but they're not easy to write as they require user interaction
14:43:29 [Josh_Soref]
... i'd start with the same framework/setup as battery
14:43:34 [Josh_Soref]
... you can copy it over
14:43:41 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: do we have any tool for functional testing?
14:44:20 [Josh_Soref]
darobin: you can use testmonkey
14:45:55 [fjh]
ACTION-516?
14:45:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-516 -- Josh Soref to propose Security Considerations section on SSL for Intents sepc -- due 2012-03-27 -- OPEN
14:45:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/516
14:45:57 [Josh_Soref]
AnssiK: maybe we can move this to the list
14:46:38 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: Josh_Soref, since there's a meeting soon, it'd probably be good if you sent an item on that one
14:46:51 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: yeah, i need to review the entire spec
14:46:54 [Josh_Soref]
... soon
14:47:18 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is making noise?
14:47:28 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: darobin (30%), fjh (69%)
14:47:45 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: AoB
14:47:50 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: regrets for next week
14:47:57 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:47:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/11-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:48:06 [Zakim]
-AnssiK
14:48:12 [Zakim]
-spoussa
14:48:13 [Zakim]
-dtran
14:48:13 [Zakim]
-darobin
14:48:13 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: Josh_Soref, you'll send out a new copy of the F2F minutes, making it clear it's the final version
14:48:14 [Zakim]
-Deepanshu_Gautam
14:48:14 [Zakim]
-Travis
14:48:15 [Zakim]
-fjh
14:48:16 [Zakim]
-Cathy
14:48:17 [Zakim]
-Clarke
14:48:18 [Zakim]
-adrianba
14:48:21 [Zakim]
-Jungkee_Song
14:48:22 [Josh_Soref]
s|s/zakim, ??P16$//||
14:48:22 [Zakim]
-jorge_peraza
14:48:24 [richt]
fyi again. updated ACTION-528 and re-opened it.
14:48:28 [Josh_Soref]
s|aaee is me||
14:48:33 [Zakim]
-Dsr
14:48:35 [Josh_Soref]
s|darobin: are you guys going to speak about network information api?|
14:48:37 [Zakim]
-richt
14:48:47 [Josh_Soref]
s|darobin: will try to join then||
14:49:06 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:49:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/11-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:49:32 [Josh_Soref]
s|darobin: the french number is expected to work?||
14:49:43 [Josh_Soref]
s|awesome...||
14:50:17 [mounir]
Josh_Soref: not really (for both)
14:50:26 [Josh_Soref]
s|Getting on the call in a few minutes||
14:50:33 [Josh_Soref]
s/Josh_Soref: not really (for both)//
14:50:40 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:50:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/11-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:51:10 [adrianba]
adrianba has left #dap
14:51:10 [Josh_Soref]
s/should be removed from the agenda/The French Zakim Bridge number should be removed from the agenda/
14:52:01 [Josh_Soref]
s|i/agenum 1/Topic: Battery + Vibration||
14:53:08 [Josh_Soref]
i/Bring Vibration/[ This line intentionally left blank to make the scribe scripts happy]/
14:53:12 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:53:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/11-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
14:54:02 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, who is on the call?
14:54:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref, +1.978.944.aahh
14:54:10 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, where is +1978?
14:54:10 [Zakim]
North American dialing code 1.978 is Massachusetts
14:55:08 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, aahh is Mahesh
14:55:08 [Zakim]
+Mahesh; got it
14:55:22 [Josh_Soref]
trackbot, end meeting
14:55:22 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:55:22 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.289.261.aaaa, Josh_Soref, fjh, Dsr, +1.503.542.aacc, +86255662aadd, +1.503.333.aaee, spoussa, dtran, darobin, AnssiK, Jungkee_Song,
14:55:25 [Zakim]
... +1.781.266.aaff, Cathy, Deepanshu_Gautam, adrianba, Clarke, +33.4.78.69.aagg, mounir?, richt, jorge_peraza, Travis, +1.978.944.aahh, Mahesh
14:55:30 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:55:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/11-dap-minutes.html trackbot
14:55:31 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:55:31 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items
14:55:32 [Zakim]
-Josh_Soref