IRC log of rd on 2012-03-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:19:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
13:19:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/28-rd-irc
13:19:35 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:19:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rd
13:19:37 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:19:37 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 11 minutes
13:19:38 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:19:38 [trackbot]
Date: 28 March 2012
13:19:47 [shawn]
Chair: Simon
13:20:21 [shawn]
shawn has changed the topic to: Scribe list: http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/scribes
13:22:08 [shawn]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)
13:22:08 [shawn]
Agenda+ Mobile Full Call
13:22:08 [shawn]
Agenda+ Current W3C Note Status
13:24:43 [vivienne]
vivienne has joined #rd
13:26:40 [sharper]
sharper has joined #rd
13:26:46 [shawn]
agenda?
13:26:49 [sharper]
zakim, agenda?
13:26:49 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
13:26:51 [Zakim]
1. Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments) [from shawn]
13:26:51 [Zakim]
2. Mobile Full Call [from shawn]
13:26:53 [Zakim]
3. Current W3C Note Status [from shawn]
13:27:42 [shawn]
agenda 2 = Mobile Full Call http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile
13:28:09 [sharper]
regrets+ O_Connor_Joshue
13:28:20 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has now started
13:28:27 [Zakim]
+Shawn
13:28:52 [sharper]
regrets+ Brajnik_Giorgio
13:29:04 [shawn]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:29:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/28-rd-minutes.html shawn
13:29:30 [sharper]
regrets+ MCCathieNevile_Charles
13:29:52 [Zakim]
+??P10
13:30:09 [peter]
Zakim, ??P10 is me
13:30:09 [Zakim]
+peter; got it
13:30:16 [Zakim]
+??P11
13:30:23 [peter]
Zakim, mute me
13:30:23 [Zakim]
peter should now be muted
13:30:28 [sharper]
zakim, ??P11 is me
13:30:28 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
13:30:46 [Yehya]
Yehya has joined #rd
13:31:07 [christos]
christos has joined #rd
13:31:16 [Zakim]
+??P12
13:31:24 [vivienne]
zakim, ??P12 is me
13:31:24 [Zakim]
+vivienne; got it
13:31:30 [Zakim]
+Yehya
13:31:32 [shawn]
regrets+ Abou-Zahra_Shadi
13:32:01 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:32:01 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
13:33:08 [shawn]
scribe list & instructions: http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/scribes
13:33:17 [shawn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:33:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Shawn, peter (muted), sharper, vivienne (muted), Yehya
13:33:18 [markel]
markel has joined #rd
13:33:23 [peter]
(will grab some tea brb :)
13:33:52 [vivienne]
ack me
13:33:54 [Zakim]
+??P15
13:34:41 [markel]
zakim, ??P15 is markel
13:34:41 [Zakim]
+markel; got it
13:35:51 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:35:51 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
13:36:09 [shawn]
agenda+ W4A - who will be there? meetup at Camp?
13:36:19 [peter]
I can scribe
13:36:36 [peter]
oh right - good call
13:37:08 [markel]
I can scribe
13:37:28 [shawn]
Scribe: Markel
13:37:46 [sharper]
zakim, agenda?
13:37:46 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda:
13:37:47 [Zakim]
1. Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments) [from shawn]
13:37:47 [Zakim]
2. Mobile Full Call http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile
13:37:47 [Zakim]
3. Current W3C Note Status [from shawn]
13:37:47 [Zakim]
4. W4A - who will be there? meetup at Camp? [from shawn]
13:37:52 [markel]
zakim, close item 1
13:37:52 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments), closed
13:37:54 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:37:55 [Zakim]
2. Mobile Full Call http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile
13:37:57 [markel]
zakim, take up item 2
13:37:58 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Mobile Full Call http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile" taken up
13:38:39 [markel]
SH: There is a discussion about the content of "discussion" tab
13:39:11 [markel]
SH: two aspects we could clear up quickly
13:39:20 [markel]
SH: (1) copyright policy
13:39:42 [markel]
we can put the whole copyright document or point out to the license
13:40:05 [markel]
SLH: this was suggested by W3C legal council
13:40:11 [peter]
q+
13:41:06 [markel]
SLH: the issue is that we are going to quote and use the papers in the note, we want to make clear that this information can be included in the note
13:42:04 [markel]
SLH: when paper contribute to the discussion, we expect this will be used on the note so this extra text aimed at covering such situation
13:42:38 [markel]
SH: will authors be attributed in this quoting or citation?
13:42:42 [markel]
SLH: yes
13:44:30 [sharper]
The Contributor further agrees that any derivative works of this contribution prepared by the W3C shall be solely owned by the W3C.
13:44:51 [markel]
SH: this is the bit that should go in the end of the copyright notice
13:44:52 [shawn]
q?
13:44:56 [markel]
SH: what people think?
13:45:03 [sharper]
ack p
13:45:04 [peter]
ack me
13:45:58 [markel]
PT: would it make it easier if we publish in ACM with their copyright policies?
13:46:26 [markel]
SH: we are on W3C so it seems reasonable to stay under their umbrella
13:46:37 [yeliz]
yeliz has joined #rd
13:46:46 [markel]
SLH: we can consider further options
13:47:24 [markel]
SLH: but primary venue is W3C
13:47:25 [peter]
Zakim, mute me
13:47:25 [Zakim]
peter should now be muted
13:47:34 [sharper]
The Contributor further agrees that any derivative works of this contribution prepared by the W3C shall be solely owned by the W3C.
13:48:04 [markel]
SH: my only concern about this sentence is about what "derivative work" means
13:48:22 [markel]
SH: does it mean that I can put this on a conference?
13:48:38 [markel]
SLH: it only covers to work prepared by the W3C
13:48:53 [markel]
q+
13:49:11 [sharper]
ack m
13:49:47 [markel]
MV: what does this "prepare" mean?
13:49:48 [Zakim]
+??P16
13:49:56 [yeliz]
zakim, ??P16 is yeliz
13:49:56 [Zakim]
+yeliz; got it
13:49:59 [yeliz]
Sorry I am late
13:50:03 [yeliz]
zakim, mute me
13:50:03 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
13:50:03 [markel]
SLH: you could substitute it by "written"
13:50:05 [markel]
Thanks
13:50:11 [markel]
:-)
13:50:44 [markel]
RESOLVED: we add the following test to the copyright "The Contributor further agrees that any derivative works of this contribution prepared by the W3C shall be solely owned by the W3C."
13:51:23 [sharper]
For one, I disagree with the statement made in the first sentence as it currently stands. It sounds too absolute. For instance, for me mobile devices are not (yet?) the primary form of accessing the Web.
13:51:23 [sharper]
Also the second sentence probably needs to be looked at more closely to avoid exacerbating frequent stereotypes and cliches. Are only business people in Europe 24/7 on the go? Numerically there may be more business people 24/7 on the go in India than in Europe.
13:51:23 [sharper]
Finally, the combination of these two (first) sentences of the Call do not give me the picture of what the rest of the Call actually covers. In fact, it seems to be going in a completely different directions. I suggest revisiting the purpose of these two sentences and, if they are deemed as essential, to consider them for the Background section. This would entail revising both sections accordingly.
13:51:40 [shawn]
ACTION: Shawn check if proceedings get on Google scholar
13:51:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-15 - Check if proceedings get on Google scholar [on Shawn Henry - due 2012-04-04].
13:51:52 [markel]
SH: these are the bits Shadi disagrees with
13:52:21 [markel]
as far as I'm concerned current proceedings are not get on Google Scholar
13:52:24 [peter]
q+
13:52:36 [sharper]
ack p
13:52:39 [peter]
ack me
13:53:37 [markel]
PT: Shadi's first comment is arguable, I'm not sure statisticswise how it is, but I'm not entirely sure...in terms of numbers I do not know
13:53:53 [markel]
SH: I wrote this sentence and it is technically correct
13:54:25 [markel]
PT: does it really matter?
13:56:00 [shawn]
q+ to suggest: Mobile devices are the primary form of accessing the Web in many places around the globe.
13:56:13 [markel]
SH: I wrote some of this...I'm perfectly happy to remove...I'd like to give the idea that is not only about smartphones and solves problems of literacy or payments in Africa..there are not only accessibility problems...
13:56:34 [shawn]
ack me
13:56:34 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to suggest: Mobile devices are the primary form of accessing the Web in many places around the globe.
13:56:36 [sharper]
ack s
13:56:37 [peter]
Zakim, mute me
13:56:37 [Zakim]
peter should now be muted
13:56:55 [peter]
great!
13:57:12 [markel]
SLH: I have a suggestion: "mobile devices are the primary way of accessing the way in many places in the world"
13:57:25 [shadi]
[[I think the term "primary" needs to be clarified - do we mean number of connections, time spent, work done, ...?]]
13:57:43 [sharper]
+1
13:57:46 [markel]
SH: are we happy with that?
13:57:48 [markel]
+1
13:57:49 [vivienne]
+1
13:57:50 [sharper]
+1
13:57:51 [peter]
+2
13:57:56 [Yehya]
+1
13:57:57 [yeliz]
+1
13:58:15 [shadi]
-1
13:58:38 [vivienne]
I'm okay with it as it stands
13:58:46 [markel]
SH:what people think about the second sentence?
13:59:04 [peter]
hmm
13:59:29 [shawn]
slh: don't think it belongs in introduction. OK in background.
14:00:42 [christos]
Sorry everybody... just as I was going to phone I received an important call and have to leave ASAP... goodbye
14:00:50 [shadi]
[[also suggest saying "in many situations" rather than "in many places around the world", as use of mobile devices is not really geographically based]]
14:00:56 [vivienne]
we could say 'a major form'
14:00:58 [markel]
SLH: Shadi has a concern about "primary"
14:01:15 [markel]
any other word for primary?
14:01:22 [vivienne]
major
14:01:38 [yeliz]
I don't mind either way
14:01:45 [peter]
don't see the gain - primary sounds good IMO
14:01:54 [markel]
are we keeping "primary" or moving to "major"
14:01:56 [vivienne]
important
14:02:00 [yeliz]
primary sounds good to me as well
14:02:01 [shadi]
[[the question is, what do people mean by "primary" or " major"?]]
14:02:02 [markel]
I don't mind
14:02:14 [vivienne]
growing in importance?
14:02:29 [markel]
SH: does anybody think that this 1st sentence is not clear?
14:02:56 [vivienne]
q+
14:03:01 [peter]
Since the background goes into detail about the intro - think the first paragraph is good.
14:03:01 [shadi]
[[I could live with "primary"/"major" if we say "situations" rather than "places"]]
14:03:03 [sharper]
ack v
14:03:05 [markel]
SH: in the developing countries it is a fact that this is the primary way
14:03:23 [yeliz]
I agree as well
14:03:27 [vivienne]
zakim, mute me
14:03:27 [Zakim]
vivienne should now be muted
14:03:39 [markel]
VC: my husband was working in Africa, nobody had a computer but all accessed the web via mobile phone
14:04:34 [shadi]
[[how about something along the lines "mobile devices are growing in importance ... in many places primary form"?]]
14:05:23 [shadi]
[[otherwise we risk sounding disociated with some readers]]
14:05:24 [peter]
sounds like we're tweaking - vote to keep it as is
14:05:26 [yeliz]
I agree with Simon
14:05:29 [vivienne]
okay to leave it as it is now
14:05:37 [yeliz]
I agree with vivienne
14:05:44 [markel]
RESOLVE: the first sentence is being changed as per Shawn suggestion and the group agrees on it
14:06:03 [markel]
RESOLVE: the second sentence is removed as per Shadi's email
14:06:10 [markel]
aaahr
14:06:23 [markel]
RESOLUTION: the first sentence is being changed as per member:Shawn suggestion and the group agrees on it
14:06:36 [markel]
RESOLUTION: the second sentence is removed as per member:Shadi's email
14:06:39 [peter]
q+
14:06:46 [markel]
SH: any other comments?
14:06:50 [peter]
ack me
14:06:50 [sharper]
ack p
14:07:02 [peter]
Further open research questions and ideas have been identified and we welcome contributions related to any of these too.
14:07:11 [markel]
RESOLUTION: we add the following test to the copyright "The Contributor further agrees that any derivative works of this contribution prepared by the W3C shall be solely owned by the W3C".
14:07:57 [markel]
PT: why are we pointing to the wiki page in the call?
14:08:26 [markel]
SH: in the previous call it was to have some backing content
14:08:50 [markel]
SLH: I agree with Peter, in the metrics symposium we had lots of stuff but now we don't
14:08:57 [peter]
Zakim, mute me
14:08:57 [Zakim]
peter should now be muted
14:09:05 [markel]
which bit?
14:09:08 [shadi]
[[agree with PTs question -- should only do if we have enough content to point to]]
14:09:13 [yeliz]
1
14:09:13 [sharper]
Should we delete 'Further open research questions and ideas have been identified and we welcome contributions related to any of these too. '
14:09:14 [yeliz]
+1
14:09:15 [sharper]
+1
14:09:17 [shawn]
+1
14:09:17 [Yehya]
+1
14:09:18 [peter]
+1
14:09:21 [shadi]
+1
14:09:31 [peter]
q+
14:09:38 [sharper]
ack p
14:09:39 [markel]
RESOLUTION: we resolve to delete "Further open research questions and ideas have been identified and we welcome contributions related to any of these too" on the call
14:10:26 [markel]
PT: another point, are we including apps in the call? Shall we organise a specific symposium on apps
14:10:42 [yeliz]
I think it depends on the papers submitted
14:10:47 [markel]
PT: is there any intention ingoing further
14:10:48 [yeliz]
:)
14:11:11 [markel]
SH: we have to understand what sort of papers we are getting and then decides
14:11:24 [markel]
SH: the charter ends by the end of June
14:11:55 [markel]
SH: it is unlikely that in the following 5-6 seminars we revisit the topic
14:12:10 [markel]
SH: however, if we are re-chartered that is feasible
14:12:38 [shawn]
+1 for making clear this include applications
14:12:51 [shadi]
[[I think the sentence "Also the complexity of the web content and applications provided via mobile devices has become increasingly sophisticated" alludes to apps being part of the Call]]
14:13:20 [yeliz]
Do we want to add it to backgorund?
14:13:32 [yeliz]
for example, this sentence = The mobile world is rapidly evolving with increasingly sophisticated devices, platforms, APIs, and web browsers=
14:13:34 [markel]
PT: mobile web applications are still new...
14:13:39 [shadi]
[[we did not get into the discussion of web-based vs native apps though, this could be one of the specific questions]]
14:13:44 [yeliz]
can be changed =The mobile world is rapidly evolving with increasingly sophisticated devices, platforms, APIs, applications and web browsers=
14:14:18 [yeliz]
I mean we can go through this call and make sure add applications
14:14:24 [markel]
SH: this is the exciting part...we don't want to lose the "application" aspects
14:14:42 [yeliz]
"applications" are referenced
14:14:58 [markel]
SH: this is what we definitely want to do will potentially produce lots of research
14:15:13 [markel]
PT: I can think about that and reflect on the wiki
14:15:51 [shawn]
q+ to say from the Background section, delete "The symposium will be held on 30 May 2012; paper deadline will close on 18 April 2012." (repeated from intro)
14:15:55 [shawn]
ack
14:15:56 [markel]
SH: if we have a sentence just now that'd be great so that we can resolve it today
14:15:56 [peter]
Zakim, mute me
14:15:56 [Zakim]
peter should now be muted
14:15:57 [shawn]
ack me
14:15:57 [sharper]
acj=k sh
14:15:57 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to say from the Background section, delete "The symposium will be held on 30 May 2012; paper deadline will close on 18 April 2012." (repeated from intro)
14:16:18 [markel]
SLH: there is some repeated content
14:16:23 [peter]
+1
14:16:25 [markel]
+1
14:16:26 [vivienne]
+1
14:16:27 [shawn]
+1
14:16:29 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute yeliz
14:16:29 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
14:16:32 [shadi]
+1
14:17:17 [markel]
YY: I agree with PT's comment, he is right, web apps are becoming more popular..why don'y we make sure that the word app is evident?
14:17:18 [shawn]
[[ Background second sentence already has: Also the complexity of the web content and applications ...]]
14:17:33 [markel]
let's do that
14:17:34 [markel]
+1
14:17:36 [vivienne]
+1
14:17:37 [Yehya]
+1
14:17:52 [markel]
YY: background 1st sentence
14:18:04 [yeliz]
zakim, mute yeliz
14:18:04 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
14:18:12 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute yeliz
14:18:12 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
14:18:23 [markel]
YY: objectives - research questions
14:18:36 [shadi]
[[I suggest adding a question relating to apps too, for example what accessibility support is provided in native vs web-based mobile apps]]
14:18:42 [peter]
yup
14:19:03 [sharper]
good one Shadi
14:19:08 [shawn]
[ laughter as Simon replies to shadi ;)
14:19:09 [sharper]
Yes peter is working on thsi now
14:19:53 [yeliz]
zakim, mute yeliz
14:19:53 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
14:20:11 [yeliz]
Is there any work in W3C regarding mobile Web applications that we need to list?
14:20:23 [yeliz]
sorry, we got that
14:20:24 [yeliz]
http://www.w3.org/TR/mwabp/
14:20:25 [yeliz]
:)
14:20:29 [peter]
How about this for sentence one Objectives and ..: The primary objective of this symposium is to gather, analyze, and discuss practical experience with mobile web accessibility with an emphasis on content and applications.
14:20:51 [peter]
Also under the research points could we add a bullet about Preferences/Personalization?
14:20:58 [markel]
SLH: can we get rid of acronyms?
14:21:11 [vivienne]
I agree, we should write this in full the first time
14:21:23 [shawn]
write out acronyms in the background
14:21:31 [peter]
(But programmers love acronyms!! :)
14:21:36 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute yeliz
14:21:36 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
14:21:52 [yeliz]
zakim, mute yeliz
14:21:52 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
14:22:00 [yeliz]
Shawn, while simon is editing the text
14:22:05 [yeliz]
I just wanted to say
14:22:06 [shadi]
[[do not particularly like the "emphasis" approach -- seems excluding to other potential contributions]]
14:22:09 [yeliz]
he have invited Henny
14:22:14 [yeliz]
but haven;t received a response
14:22:31 [yeliz]
do you have her BBC email address?
14:22:37 [yeliz]
to be a scientific committee member
14:23:06 [yeliz]
that would be great
14:23:07 [markel]
SLH: if you want to, I can give you her BBC adrdess, it'll be great to have her
14:23:12 [yeliz]
I agree with you
14:23:15 [yeliz]
I tried this address: henny@iheni.com
14:23:21 [yeliz]
but haven't heard from her
14:23:29 [shawn]
Mobile Web Application Best Practices
14:23:33 [yeliz]
Mobile Web Application Best Practices
14:24:06 [shawn]
s/henny@iheni.com/ /
14:24:11 [markel]
SH: acronyms changed in the background...
14:24:33 [markel]
SH: any other changes?
14:24:43 [yeliz]
Upps, sorry shawn
14:24:48 [shawn]
q?
14:24:55 [yeliz]
I did not think about the minutes will be recorded :(
14:25:02 [markel]
RESOLUTION: the group agrees on the call for papers apart from the dates
14:25:35 [markel]
SLH: once we change the dates when do we think this'll be going?
14:25:43 [markel]
SLH: maybe next week
14:26:03 [markel]
SH: I don't to rush anybody, it will gives some days to decide on
14:26:13 [sharper]
zakim, agenda?
14:26:13 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
14:26:14 [Zakim]
2. Mobile Full Call http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile
14:26:14 [Zakim]
3. Current W3C Note Status [from shawn]
14:26:14 [Zakim]
4. W4A - who will be there? meetup at Camp? [from shawn]
14:26:46 [shawn]
zakim, take up next item
14:26:46 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Current W3C Note Status" taken up [from shawn]
14:27:16 [shadi]
[[I really suggest "Mobile devices are the primary form of accessing the Web in many places around the globe" -> "Mobile devices are becoming increasingly important and are already the primary form of accessing the Web in many parts of the world"]]
14:27:33 [shawn]
SLH: Editors have sent the HTML version to Shadi?
14:27:46 [shadi]
yes, please
14:28:07 [shawn]
Markel: Yes. Although not sure if decided how to reference the papers.
14:28:17 [peter]
sure
14:28:54 [shawn]
sure
14:28:54 [shadi]
s/yes, please/yes, thanks
14:28:54 [sharper]
OK with 'Mobile devices are becoming increasingly important and are already the primary form of accessing the Web in many parts of the world'
14:28:54 [markel]
didn't we agree that "primary" was backed by evidence?
14:28:54 [sharper]
+1
14:28:54 [vivienne]
+1
14:28:54 [peter]
+1
14:28:56 [Yehya]
+1
14:29:18 [yeliz]
I don't really see how this improves the text
14:29:22 [yeliz]
but I am ok
14:29:32 [markel]
zakim, take up item 4
14:29:32 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "W4A - who will be there? meetup at Camp?" taken up [from shawn]
14:29:38 [yeliz]
+1
14:29:39 [sharper]
I will
14:29:41 [shawn]
[[ don't really love "Mobile devices are becoming increasingly important " but Ok with it ]]
14:29:41 [markel]
I'll be there
14:29:42 [vivienne]
+1
14:29:46 [shawn]
I'll be there
14:29:54 [peter]
Will be there but fashionably late Monday morning
14:29:59 [markel]
lol
14:30:02 [peter]
NOOOO
14:30:25 [peter]
I'll be there for Wednesday at least :(
14:30:29 [markel]
drinks are every night
14:30:33 [shadi]
[[markel: both statements are technically the same but trying to be less confusing -- just an attempt, happy to try other wording to that same effect]]
14:30:33 [peter]
lol
14:30:41 [vivienne]
I'll be in that
14:31:10 [markel]
+q
14:31:26 [sharper]
ack m
14:31:39 [sharper]
Markel is General Chair of W4A
14:31:46 [shadi]
Markel++
14:32:16 [shawn]
q+ to ask goals
14:32:38 [shawn]
q+ to ask outreach? just f2f gelling?
14:32:39 [shawn]
ack me
14:32:39 [Zakim]
shawn, you wanted to ask goals and to ask outreach? just f2f gelling?
14:32:39 [sharper]
ack sh
14:32:57 [peter]
q+
14:33:18 [peter]
q-
14:33:26 [vivienne]
I'm staying for the week (getting in on Friday night) so anything if fine with me
14:33:46 [vivienne]
oops, 'is'
14:34:04 [peter]
q+
14:34:06 [shawn]
SLH: If outreach, then good to do something during the camp.
14:35:06 [peter]
q-
14:35:07 [shawn]
Markel: maybe Tuesday evening
14:35:18 [yeliz]
Can I bring my daughter
14:35:21 [yeliz]
to this dinner
14:35:21 [markel]
it's totally unofficial
14:35:21 [yeliz]
:)
14:35:24 [vivienne]
sounds good to me
14:35:27 [yeliz]
She will have new ideas
14:35:28 [yeliz]
:)
14:35:31 [shawn]
SH: RDWG dinner - open to annyone
14:35:37 [peter]
:)
14:35:41 [markel]
+1
14:35:44 [shawn]
+1
14:35:45 [peter]
great
14:35:47 [vivienne]
+1
14:35:48 [sharper]
+1
14:36:04 [yeliz]
:)
14:36:27 [peter]
Impressive work Simon getting the call done-ish!
14:36:52 [peter]
ttyl
14:36:52 [vivienne]
okay, bye
14:36:56 [vivienne]
vivienne has left #rd
14:36:57 [markel]
markel has left #rd
14:36:57 [shawn]
ACTION: Shawn consider "announcing": "come meet up with RDWG folks at dinner on Tue"
14:36:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-16 - Consider "announcing": "come meet up with RDWG folks at dinner on Tue" [on Shawn Henry - due 2012-04-04].
14:37:00 [Zakim]
-vivienne
14:37:01 [Zakim]
-Yehya
14:37:02 [Zakim]
-peter
14:37:02 [Zakim]
-sharper
14:37:03 [Zakim]
-markel
14:37:05 [Zakim]
-Shawn
14:37:05 [shadi]
re call: can i propose "to discuss these difficulties and possible solutions" -> "to discuss these challenges and possible solutions"
14:37:26 [shawn]
yes, please to Shadi's suggestion
14:37:42 [shawn]
change difficulties to challenges
14:37:43 [sharper]
Thanks Shadi
14:37:48 [shawn]
^^^ simon
14:38:46 [shawn]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:38:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/28-rd-minutes.html shawn
14:39:40 [sharper]
changed to challenges
14:39:48 [shadi]
thanks!
14:39:54 [sharper]
No problem Shadi.
14:39:57 [sharper]
See you next week
14:40:10 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:40:10 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:40:10 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Shawn, peter, sharper, vivienne, Yehya, markel, yeliz
14:40:18 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:40:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/28-rd-minutes.html trackbot
14:40:19 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:40:19 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/28-rd-actions.rdf :
14:40:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shawn check if proceedings get on Google scholar [1]
14:40:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/28-rd-irc#T13-51-40
14:40:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shawn consider "announcing": "come meet up with RDWG folks at dinner on Tue" [2]
14:40:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/28-rd-irc#T14-36-57-1