IRC log of html-wg on 2012-03-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:54:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
15:54:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-html-wg-irc
15:54:25 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:54:27 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
15:54:27 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
15:54:28 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
15:54:28 [trackbot]
Date: 22 March 2012
15:54:33 [glenn]
zakim, who's here?
15:54:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P6
15:54:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, tantek, glenn, ArtB, miketaylr, Lachy, gsnedders, nonge_, karl, lgombos__, drublic, logbot, arronei, shepazu, kennyluck, danielfilho, Jedi, Philip,
15:54:35 [Zakim]
... Hixie, Dashiva, mastensg, hsivonen, ed, webben, hober, slightlyoff, lgombos, pingo, trackbot, heycam|away, hiro_away, inimino, [tm], jmb, krijnh, CIA-1, rektide, paul___irish,
15:54:37 [Zakim]
... johndrinkwater, jgraham, gavin
15:54:41 [glenn]
zakim, ??p6 is glenn
15:54:41 [Zakim]
+glenn; got it
15:54:42 [tantek]
greetings
15:54:51 [glenn]
morning
15:55:02 [glenn]
Chair: sam
15:55:05 [glenn]
Scribe: glenn
15:55:16 [glenn]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0027.html
15:56:11 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
15:56:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-html-wg-minutes.html ArtB
15:56:35 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make log Public
15:57:39 [glenn]
zakim, mute me
15:57:39 [Zakim]
sorry, glenn, muting is not permitted when only one person is present
15:58:08 [tantek]
now that is hilarious
15:58:09 [eliot]
eliot has joined #html-wg
15:58:26 [glenn]
i guess i should talk to myself at this point ... ;)
15:58:41 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
15:58:45 [eliot]
zakim, microsoft is me
15:58:45 [Zakim]
+eliot; got it
15:58:56 [Zakim]
+hober
15:59:26 [rubys]
rubys has joined #html-wg
16:00:35 [rubys]
trackbot, start meeting
16:00:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:00:40 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
16:00:40 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
16:00:41 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
16:00:41 [trackbot]
Date: 22 March 2012
16:00:49 [glenn]
Chair: rubys
16:00:54 [glenn]
Scribe: glenn
16:01:02 [glenn]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0027.html
16:01:19 [Zakim]
-eliot
16:01:28 [Zakim]
+Sam
16:01:39 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:01:47 [eliot]
zakim, microsoft is me
16:01:50 [krisk]
krisk has joined #html-wg
16:01:54 [Zakim]
+eliot; got it
16:01:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.832.aaaa
16:02:30 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:03:20 [krisk]
zakim, Microsoft is krisk
16:03:20 [Zakim]
+krisk; got it
16:03:39 [glenn]
Topic: ACTION items due by Thursday, March 22
16:03:47 [glenn]
None
16:03:50 [glenn]
Topic: New Issues This Week
16:03:52 [glenn]
None
16:04:01 [glenn]
Topic: Items Closed Last Week
16:04:14 [glenn]
ISSUE-187: validity-stability, Agree/Disagree to Amicable Resolution closed Mar 13
16:04:14 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0225.html
16:04:15 [trackbot]
ISSUE-187 Document conformance has to be stable over the time notes added
16:04:22 [glenn]
rubys: no objections
16:04:36 [glenn]
ISSUE-80 was incorrectly included
16:04:39 [rubys]
http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-080
16:04:47 [glenn]
ISSUE-131: caret-location-API, Call for Counter Proposals closed Mar 14
16:04:47 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0209.html
16:04:48 [trackbot]
ISSUE-131 Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? notes added
16:04:58 [glenn]
ISSUE-158: object-content-model, Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 14
16:04:58 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0198.html
16:04:58 [trackbot]
ISSUE-158 HTML4's content-model for <object> should continue notes added
16:05:06 [glenn]
ISSUE-205: text-editing-canvas, Call for Counter Proposals closed Mar 14
16:05:06 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0208.html
16:05:06 [trackbot]
ISSUE-205 Define what author guidance and/or methods should be provided to those that wish to create accessible text editors using canvas as a rendering surface. notes added
16:05:12 [glenn]
ISSUE-179: av_param, Agree/Disagree to Amicable Resolution closed Mar 15
16:05:13 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0277.html
16:05:13 [trackbot]
ISSUE-179 {audio,video} require param child (or equivalent) notes added
16:05:30 [glenn]
Topic: Items Closing This Week
16:05:37 [glenn]
ISSUE-193: inaccessible-example, Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 21
16:05:37 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0264.html
16:05:38 [trackbot]
ISSUE-193 Remove CSS example that promotes inaccessible content notes added
16:05:49 [glenn]
rubys: will go to CfC shortly
16:05:54 [glenn]
ISSUE-194: full-transcript, Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 21
16:05:54 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0266.html
16:05:55 [trackbot]
ISSUE-194 Provide a mechanism for associating a full transcript with an audio or video element. notes added
16:05:56 [Judy]
Judy has joined #html-wg
16:06:05 [glenn]
rubys: have two extension requests
16:06:08 [paulc]
paulc has joined #html-wg
16:06:14 [glenn]
ISSUE-195: form-http-req, Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 21
16:06:15 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0263.html
16:06:15 [trackbot]
ISSUE-195 Enhance http request generation from forms notes added
16:06:26 [glenn]
rubys: two proposals, chairs will evaluate
16:06:32 [glenn]
ISSUE-196: ua-http-resp-handling, Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 21
16:06:32 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0268.html
16:06:33 [trackbot]
ISSUE-196 Define user agent http response handling behaviour notes added
16:06:45 [glenn]
rubys: no counters, next step CfC
16:06:49 [glenn]
ISSUE-197: accept-file-ext, Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 21
16:06:49 [trackbot]
ISSUE-197 Accept attribute should allow file extensions in addition to the current allowed values notes added
16:06:49 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0265.html
16:06:50 [KevinStreeter]
KevinStreeter has joined #html-wg
16:07:04 [glenn]
ISSUE-199: aria-processing, Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 21
16:07:04 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0269.html
16:07:04 [trackbot]
ISSUE-199 Define complete processing requirements for ARIA attributes notes added
16:07:08 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #html-wg
16:07:10 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:07:13 [glenn]
rubys: will evaluate
16:07:20 [paulc]
zakim, [Microsoft] has paulc
16:07:20 [Zakim]
+paulc; got it
16:07:20 [glenn]
ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback, Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 21
16:07:20 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0267.html
16:07:20 [trackbot]
ISSUE-201 Provide canvas location and hit testing capability to fallback content notes added
16:07:27 [glenn]
rubys: has ext request
16:07:32 [glenn]
ISSUE-190: coding-example, Call for Consensus closes Mar 23
16:07:33 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0463.html
16:07:33 [trackbot]
ISSUE-190 Replace poor coding example for figure with multiple images notes added
16:07:35 [Judy]
zakim, code?
16:07:35 [Zakim]
the conference code is 4865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), Judy
16:07:41 [glenn]
rubys: CfC closes tomorrow
16:07:42 [Zakim]
+Judy
16:07:50 [glenn]
Topic: Items Closing Next Week
16:07:52 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
16:08:05 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft.a] is me
16:08:05 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
16:08:06 [glenn]
ISSUE-80: title-alternative, Call for Consensus closes Mar 28
16:08:06 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0603.html
16:08:07 [trackbot]
ISSUE-80 document conformance and device dependent display of title attribute content notes added
16:08:15 [glenn]
ISSUE-134: tab-states, Revise Change Proposals closes Mar 28
16:08:15 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0547.html
16:08:15 [trackbot]
ISSUE-134 Provide tablist and tab states for menu and command elements respectively notes added
16:08:20 [glenn]
ISSUE-191: ins-del, Revise Change Proposals closes Mar 28
16:08:20 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0128.html
16:08:21 [trackbot]
ISSUE-191 Replace/complement <ins> and <del> elements by a cleaner wysiwyg-safe attribute-based solution notes added
16:08:26 [glenn]
ISSUE-200: legend-placement, Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 28
16:08:26 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0466.html
16:08:26 [trackbot]
ISSUE-200 Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND) in non-FIELDSET elements notes added
16:08:42 [glenn]
Topic: New Calls this week
16:08:49 [glenn]
None
16:08:57 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
16:08:59 [glenn]
rubys: double checking...
16:09:02 [Zakim]
+??P22
16:09:21 [glenn]
rubys: two issued
16:09:32 [glenn]
... that weren't in agenda
16:09:39 [rubys]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0602.html
16:09:39 [glenn]
ISSUE-204?
16:09:40 [trackbot]
ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open
16:09:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204
16:09:40 [dsinger]
dsinger has joined #html-wg
16:09:56 [glenn]
rubys: call for alternate CPs or counter CPs
16:10:04 [janina]
janina has joined #html-wg
16:10:04 [rubys]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0603.html
16:10:05 [glenn]
ISSUE-80?
16:10:06 [trackbot]
ISSUE-80 -- document conformance and device dependent display of title attribute content -- open
16:10:06 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/80
16:10:12 [glenn]
rubys: CfC
16:10:21 [glenn]
Topic: New Surveys this week
16:10:24 [glenn]
None
16:10:29 [glenn]
Topic: Decisions this week
16:10:39 [glenn]
Close ISSUE-170 rel-uri-valid by Amicable Resolution
16:10:39 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0553.html
16:10:44 [glenn]
Close ISSUE-179 av_param by Amicable Resolution
16:10:44 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0554.html
16:10:48 [glenn]
Close ISSUE-182 footnote-recommendation by Amicable Resolution
16:10:48 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0555.html
16:10:53 [glenn]
Close ISSUE-187 validity-stability by Amicable Resolution
16:10:53 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0556.html
16:10:58 [glenn]
Close ISSUE-188: generic-track-format by Amicable Resolution
16:10:58 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0557.html
16:11:02 [glenn]
Close ISSUE-192 title-attribute by Amicable Resolution
16:11:02 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0558.html
16:11:17 [glenn]
rubys: questions or comments?
16:11:23 [glenn]
Topic: Task Force Reports
16:11:28 [glenn]
Testing Task Force
16:11:44 [glenn]
krisk: met last week, will meet again on 27h
16:11:49 [krisk]
Notes -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Mar/0005.html
16:11:50 [glenn]
s/27h/27th/
16:12:04 [glenn]
... won't fix bug that existed
16:12:07 [krisk]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15042
16:12:24 [glenn]
... canvas tests, listed in notes
16:12:36 [krisk]
Microsoft submitting some Progress and Range Tests
16:13:04 [glenn]
rubys: questions?
16:13:12 [glenn]
Accessibility Task Force
16:13:44 [glenn]
janina?: two main items
16:13:54 [rubys]
s/janina?/janina/
16:13:56 [glenn]
... new canvas section coming from editor
16:14:17 [glenn]
... not everything is clear, but one thing is clear: straying into approaches inconsistent with html5 time line
16:14:29 [glenn]
... at least for good a11y support
16:14:36 [glenn]
... so this is a concern
16:15:00 [glenn]
... second avenue, aria attribute (ARIA 1.1) proposal...
16:15:11 [Judy]
s/proposal/draft/
16:15:11 [glenn]
... like longdesc (ISSUE-30)
16:15:30 [glenn]
... summarize as some people still want to develop longdesc
16:15:45 [glenn]
... the describe-at attr should apply to more elements than img
16:15:49 [Zakim]
+??P43
16:15:51 [glenn]
... aimed at markup, not just html
16:15:57 [glenn]
... e.g. svg
16:16:04 [glenn]
... not quite settled
16:16:16 [glenn]
... maybe 'obsolete but conforming' is acceptable
16:16:19 [Stevef]
Stevef has joined #html-wg
16:16:31 [glenn]
... a11y still thinks longdesc is needed today
16:17:16 [glenn]
... longdesc is implemented, but inconsistently
16:17:29 [glenn]
... that's it for now
16:17:47 [glenn]
rubys: doesn't believe current proposals describe longdesc as obsolete but conforming
16:17:51 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:17:52 [glenn]
janina: correct
16:18:00 [glenn]
rubys: may need new CP or modification
16:18:10 [tantek]
Zakim, IPCaller is me
16:18:10 [Zakim]
+tantek; got it
16:18:16 [glenn]
janina: expects laura is not in favor of "that?"
16:18:16 [tantek]
Zakim, mute me
16:18:16 [Zakim]
tantek should now be muted
16:18:33 [glenn]
... can beef up proposals
16:18:43 [Judy]
s/"that"/obsolete but conforming
16:19:05 [Judy]
s/?//
16:19:16 [glenn]
... not to fix described-by but fix ?
16:19:32 [glenn]
... come up with other additional attribute
16:19:46 [Judy]
s/"that?"/obsolete but conforming/
16:19:50 [glenn]
... thinks current CP covers problem with described-by
16:20:06 [glenn]
rubys: questions? comments?
16:20:20 [glenn]
judy: side note: janina has coord request with Paul, but trying to schedule
16:20:29 [glenn]
paulc: glad to try
16:20:43 [glenn]
rubys: other questions? comments?
16:20:49 [glenn]
Topic: Other Business
16:20:57 [glenn]
CfC: Publish ten heartbeat drafts as WDs
16:20:57 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0247.html
16:21:04 [glenn]
Revert request r7023
16:21:04 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0491.html
16:21:25 [glenn]
rubys: extension request, chairs trying to sort out
16:21:38 [glenn]
F2F registration page
16:21:38 [glenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0488.html
16:21:47 [glenn]
rubys: everybody should register
16:21:50 [adrianba]
q+
16:21:53 [glenn]
rubys: AOB?
16:21:58 [rubys]
ack next
16:22:09 [glenn]
adrianba: ISSUE-180?
16:22:13 [glenn]
ISSUE-180?
16:22:13 [trackbot]
ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox -- open
16:22:13 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180
16:22:19 [adrianba]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0511.html
16:22:21 [Zakim]
-tantek
16:22:30 [glenn]
... unable to implement decision due to lack of information
16:22:37 [glenn]
... CP should have all details
16:22:44 [glenn]
... no feedback stating otherwise
16:22:50 [glenn]
... wonders about status of this work
16:22:57 [glenn]
rubys: not yet applied to spec
16:23:21 [glenn]
... knows of no specific request for clarification, etc.
16:23:36 [glenn]
Topic: Scribe for next meeting
16:23:45 [glenn]
paulc: will be chairing
16:23:53 [glenn]
rubys: is ted available for next meeting?
16:23:56 [glenn]
ted: yes
16:24:05 [glenn]
ted: volunteers for next meeting
16:24:10 [glenn]
Topic: Adjournment
16:24:10 [Zakim]
-adrianba
16:24:12 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
16:24:13 [Zakim]
-hober
16:24:14 [Zakim]
-??P43
16:24:17 [glenn]
adjourned
16:24:17 [Zakim]
-eliot
16:24:19 [Zakim]
- +1.415.832.aaaa
16:24:21 [Zakim]
-krisk
16:24:33 [glenn]
trackbot, end meeting
16:24:33 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
16:24:33 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been glenn, eliot, hober, Sam, +1.415.832.aaaa, krisk, paulc, Judy, [Microsoft], adrianba, Cynthia_Shelly, tantek
16:24:41 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
16:24:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-html-wg-minutes.html trackbot
16:24:42 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
16:24:42 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items