Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference

22 Mar 2012


See also: IRC log




<sandro> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 22 March 2012

LAst week minutes

Minutes URL last meeting:http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-15

<bhyland> +1 last week's minutes

+ 1

<olyerickson> +1 accept

<martin> +1

<Biplav> +1 last week's minute

RESOLVED:Minutes of the last minutes

<Yigal> I'm ??p20 and am muted

<sandro> bhyland, I just fixed the "Approved" / "Resolved" thing in the minutes from the 8th.


<olyerickson> -1 to knowing anything

<sandro> issue-8?

<trackbot> ISSUE-8 -- add a property to distinguish direct and indirect access of dcat:Distribution -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/8

<sandro> issue-9?

<trackbot> ISSUE-9 -- dcat:Distribution and its subclasses are unnecessary -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/9

olyerickson: reminds that we can close the issue or turn it to action if we feel so
... or for some examination needed...

<bhyland> olyerickson: We have a number of issues that have been "raised" but some number of them should be moved to "open" or "closed", or other suitable status.

<sandro> issue-7?

<trackbot> ISSUE-7 -- Drop dcat:accessUrl, use the URI of the dcat:Download resource instead -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/7

martin: issue 7 is ok to be closed

<olyerickson> +1 to closing issue-7

<martin> Closing the issue without actions

sandro: we need to see if PhilA is ok with closing this issue-7

<sandro> sandro: So, if ISSUE-7 was originally raised by Ed Summers, let's have someone get back to him and see if he still cares, etc.

subtopic: issue-9

<sandro> issue-9?

<trackbot> ISSUE-9 -- dcat:Distribution and its subclasses are unnecessary -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/9

olyerickson: this model allows for multiple model distribution... give extensibility mechanism

Sandro: to send an email to Ed Summers at LoC

<bhyland> Ed Summers at Library of Congress

olyerickson to send finally an email to Ed Summers at Library of Congress to invite them to the group or for feedback

olyerickson: issue-9 is a non issue..

martin: agree to simplify the vocab...

<olyerickson> So @martin says simplify, @olyerickson says keep it "complicated" (as it)

<olyerickson> correction: martin says "simple enough"

<olyerickson> I will present "concensus" to Ed Summers

George: have also consensus with PhilA to close the issue

<bhyland> ack

bhyland: there is a housekeeping to do from the last request for FPWD

<olyerickson> +1 to not being down in the details...

byland: how actually to change date in doc spec in mercurial

Update and discussion on approved FPWD transition status of GLD products (Bernadette)

sandro: the date are to negociated with the webmaster of W3C

<sandro> respec config.js

DaveReynolds: in config.js you have the date

<sandro> http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions-about

<Biplav> I have one small announcement which can be done at the end.

DaveReynolds: summarize the discussion about DQ

<bhyland> @DaveReynolds, thanks for telling me location of .js file to touch. Done :-)

DaveReynolds: how to motivate the issue in the UC document...

<bhyland> @tinagheen, let's discuss CD announcement time permitting on today's call.

<bhyland> @davereynolds, well said. Thanks.

DaveReynolds: we are unclear now about the UC documents distinction (high-level vs technical level)

Use cases vs. Specifications vs. Best Practices docs discussion

<cgueret> hello

bhyland: Some portion of our work are coming from previous work...
... if we have some experts to check UC docs , it will be appreciated

<olyerickson> I *think* I'm hearing that use cases are critical, but they must be relevant and there must be champions/responsible parties

DaveReynolds: we should concentrate on the high level UC docs..and use the tracker for more details

<olyerickson> I agree DaveReynolds' suggested approach

+1 to DaveReynolds approach

Community Directory

tinagheen: CD could be distributed to the Organization?

bhyland: we have a tracker on the CD, based on the feedback received after the 2F2F..
... will push it and could be distributed to any organization...

AAAI Workshop called "Semantic Cities": http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html

<bhyland> tinagheen: Would like to see Community Directory pushed forward with the various FPWDs.


biplav: organizing a workshop on semanticcities
...URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-15

<bhyland> Biplav: I am organizing a workshop at AAAI-12 called Semantic Cities. I mentioned it in our GLD calls as well. I wanted to send this request to you earlier but somehow missed.

<bhyland> The idea of the workshop is to discuss open data and how semantics can provide a foundation to facilitate high-value analytics.  See: http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html


<bhyland> @biplav - suggest you connect with Dan Melton from Code for America who does a lot of city based open government publishing… not necessarily promoting W3C standards per se, but someone I feel we should be liaising with ...

<Biplav> Thanks for the guidance.

DaveReynolds: BP doc revision....

@biplav thanks for the announcement

<bhyland> The model I'd like to see is this BP doc, see http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-mwabp-20101214

bhyland: BP doc wants to make it looks like this http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-mwabp-20101214/
... she is re-estructuring the document.. maybe for this sunday it could be ready for internal review

<mhausenblas> Michael: Looking at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2012Mar/0058.html and the other Transition Requests - wondering where we are … still not published?

<olyerickson> +1 to following MWABP but remember it is about apps, ours isn't

<Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to ask about status of FPWD

bhyland: the status of FPWD--still coming for next week

<bhyland> The Status of the 4 vocab FPWD for transition has been approved by Thomas Roessler with caveats to fix up the publication date & SOTD ...

<bhyland> I'm going to email the editors with request to fix up but we are nearly there!

<rreck> bye

<olyerickson> Thanks George for chairing today!

<bhyland> @george - thank you for chairing.

<martin> bye, thanks

@sandro: I will have some problems having attendees ..see : http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-gld-minutes.html (maybe because Zakim was invited too late?)

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/03/22 15:08:13 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/@martin/martin/
Succeeded: s/@olyerickson/olyerickson/
Succeeded: s/???/Ed Summers at LoC/
Succeeded: s/Olyerickson/olyerickson/
Succeeded: s/no/non/
Succeeded: s/@martin/martin/
Succeeded: s/@martin/martin/
Succeeded: s/could you//
Succeeded: s/Tina/tinagheen/
Succeeded: s/feedbacl/feedback/
WARNING: Bad s/// command: s/http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-15/http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: gatemezi
Inferring Scribes: gatemezi

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Biplav DaveReynolds George George_Thomas IPcaller LC MacTed Michael Mike_P Mike_Pendleton P10 P20 P26 P33 Sandro Yigal ZacharyWhitley aaaa aabb aacc bhyland byland cgueret correction davidwood deirdrelee gatemezi gld joined martin mhausenblas olyerickson rreck stasinos subtopic tinagheen trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120322
Found Date: 22 Mar 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-gld-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]