IRC log of gld on 2012-03-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:05:20 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:05:20 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-gld-irc
14:05:50 [sandro]
trackbot, start meeting
14:05:53 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:05:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #gld
14:05:55 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be GLD
14:05:55 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
14:05:56 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:05:56 [trackbot]
Date: 22 March 2012
14:06:00 [gatemezi]
Zakim, who's here?
14:06:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, [LC], +1.443.569.aaaa, gatemezi, ??P10, Mike_P, sandro
14:06:02 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, ZacharyWhitley, martin, tinagheen, George, gatemezi, DaveReynolds, olyerickson, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:06:06 [tinagheen]
Zakim, [LC] is me
14:06:06 [Zakim]
+tinagheen; got it
14:06:09 [gatemezi]
Agenda:http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120322
14:06:27 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:06:31 [gatemezi]
Topic: LAst week minutes
14:06:34 [George]
zakim, who is here?
14:06:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, tinagheen, +1.443.569.aaaa, gatemezi, ??P10, Mike_P, sandro, [IPcaller]
14:06:35 [DaveReynolds]
zakim, IPcaller is me
14:06:36 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, ZacharyWhitley, martin, tinagheen, George, gatemezi, DaveReynolds, olyerickson, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:06:36 [Zakim]
+DaveReynolds; got it
14:06:49 [Zakim]
+ +91.11.41.29.aabb
14:06:59 [Zakim]
-DaveReynolds
14:07:02 [gatemezi]
Minutes URL last meeting:http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-15
14:07:38 [Yigal]
Yigal has joined #gld
14:07:49 [martin]
zakim, ??P10 is probably me
14:07:49 [Zakim]
+martin?; got it
14:08:06 [Biplav]
Biplav has joined #gld
14:08:12 [George]
zakim, who is here?
14:08:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, tinagheen, +1.443.569.aaaa, gatemezi, martin?, Mike_P, sandro, +91.11.41.29.aabb
14:08:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Biplav, Yigal, Zakim, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, ZacharyWhitley, martin, tinagheen, George, gatemezi, DaveReynolds, olyerickson, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:08:19 [deirdrelee]
deirdrelee has joined #gld
14:08:41 [Zakim]
+??P20
14:09:04 [Yigal]
zakim, ??p20 is me
14:09:04 [Zakim]
+Yigal; got it
14:09:07 [bhyland]
+1 last week's minutes
14:09:08 [gatemezi]
+ 1
14:09:09 [olyerickson]
+1 accept
14:09:10 [martin]
+1
14:09:19 [Biplav]
+1 last week's minute
14:09:35 [ZacharyWhitley]
zakim, aaaa is me
14:09:35 [Zakim]
+ZacharyWhitley; got it
14:09:46 [gatemezi]
RESOLVED:Minutes of the last minutes
14:09:53 [Yigal]
I'm ??p20 and am muted
14:10:19 [rreck]
rreck has joined #GLD
14:10:20 [sandro]
bhyland, I just fixed the "Approved" / "Resolved" thing in the minutes from the 8th.
14:10:26 [DaveReynolds]
DaveReynolds has joined #gld
14:10:34 [gatemezi]
Topic:DCAT
14:10:35 [olyerickson]
-1 to knowing anything
14:10:58 [sandro]
issue-8?
14:10:58 [trackbot]
ISSUE-8 -- add a property to distinguish direct and indirect access of dcat:Distribution -- raised
14:10:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/8
14:11:05 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:11:09 [DaveReynolds]
zakim, IPcaller is me
14:11:09 [Zakim]
+DaveReynolds; got it
14:11:10 [sandro]
issue-9?
14:11:10 [trackbot]
ISSUE-9 -- dcat:Distribution and its subclasses are unnecessary -- raised
14:11:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/9
14:11:19 [Zakim]
+deirdrelee
14:11:57 [Zakim]
+rreck
14:12:33 [gatemezi]
olyerickson: reminds that we can close the issue or turn it to action if we feel so
14:12:50 [gatemezi]
...or for some examination needed...
14:13:06 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #gld
14:13:12 [bhyland]
olyerickson: We have a number of issues that have been "raised" but some number of them should be moved to "open" or "closed", or other suitable status.
14:13:27 [sandro]
issue-7?
14:13:27 [trackbot]
ISSUE-7 -- Drop dcat:accessUrl, use the URI of the dcat:Download resource instead -- raised
14:13:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/7
14:13:57 [gatemezi]
@martin: issue 7 is ok to be closed
14:14:11 [olyerickson]
+1 to closing issue-7
14:14:12 [gatemezi]
s/@martin/martin
14:15:11 [martin]
Closing the issue without actions
14:15:47 [gatemezi]
sandro: we need to see if PhilA is ok with closing this issue-7
14:17:21 [sandro]
sandro: So, if ISSUE-7 was originally raised by Ed Summers, let's have someone get back to him and see if he still cares, etc.
14:17:56 [gatemezi]
subtopic: issue-9
14:19:01 [sandro]
issue-9?
14:19:01 [trackbot]
ISSUE-9 -- dcat:Distribution and its subclasses are unnecessary -- raised
14:19:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/9
14:19:23 [gatemezi]
@olyerickson: this model allows for multiple model distribution... give extensibility mechanism
14:21:12 [gatemezi]
s/@olyerickson/olyerickson
14:21:36 [bhyland]
q+
14:22:55 [gatemezi]
Sandro: to send an email to ???
14:23:06 [sandro]
s/???/Ed Summers at LoC/
14:23:09 [bhyland]
Ed Summers at Library of Congress
14:24:14 [gatemezi]
Olyerickson to send finally an email to Ed Summers at Library of Congress to invite them to the group or for feedback
14:24:45 [gatemezi]
s/Olyerickson/olyerickson
14:26:24 [gatemezi]
q?
14:26:40 [gatemezi]
q+
14:26:58 [gatemezi]
olyerickson: issue-9 is a no issue..
14:27:09 [gatemezi]
s/no/non
14:27:27 [gatemezi]
@martin: agree to simplify the vocab...
14:27:39 [gatemezi]
s/@martin/martin
14:27:46 [olyerickson]
So @martin says simplify, @olyerickson says keep it "complicated" (as it)
14:28:07 [olyerickson]
correction: @martin says "simple enough"
14:28:53 [gatemezi]
s/@martin/martin
14:28:56 [olyerickson]
I will present "concensus" to Ed Summers
14:29:28 [gatemezi]
q?
14:29:38 [gatemezi]
q-
14:29:56 [Zakim]
-tinagheen
14:30:21 [gatemezi]
George: have also consensus with PhilA to close the issue
14:30:24 [bhyland]
ack
14:31:08 [bhyland]
q+
14:31:15 [gatemezi]
q+
14:32:34 [gatemezi]
bhyland: there is a housekeeping to do from the last request for FPWD
14:32:40 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.201.aacc
14:32:47 [olyerickson]
+1 to not being down in the details...
14:33:09 [tinagheen]
Zakim, aacc is me
14:33:09 [Zakim]
+tinagheen; got it
14:33:33 [gatemezi]
q-
14:34:07 [George]
q?
14:34:09 [gatemezi]
byland: how actually to change date in doc spec in mercurial
14:34:10 [tinagheen]
Zakim, aacc is me
14:34:10 [Zakim]
sorry, tinagheen, I do not recognize a party named 'aacc'
14:34:13 [George]
ack bhyland
14:34:48 [George]
Topic: Update and discussion on approved FPWD transition status of GLD products (Bernadette)
14:35:13 [gatemezi]
sandro: the date are to negociated with the webmaster of W3C
14:35:50 [sandro]
respec config.js
14:36:12 [gatemezi]
DaveReynolds: in config.js you have the date
14:37:02 [sandro]
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions-about
14:37:16 [Biplav]
I have one small announcement which can be done at the end.
14:38:11 [gatemezi]
DaveReynolds: could you summarize the discussion about DQ
14:38:53 [gatemezi]
s/could you/
14:38:59 [bhyland]
@DaveReynolds, thanks for telling me location of .js file to touch. Done :-)
14:39:17 [gatemezi]
...how to motivate the issue in the UC document...
14:39:30 [bhyland]
@tinagheen, let's discuss CD announcement time permitting on today's call.
14:40:37 [bhyland]
@davereynolds, well said. Thanks.
14:41:17 [gatemezi]
...we are unclear now about the UC documents distinction (high-level vs technical level)
14:41:25 [Zakim]
+??P33
14:41:31 [bhyland]
Topic: Use cases vs. Specifications vs. Best Practices docs discussion
14:41:43 [Zakim]
-??P33
14:41:55 [cgueret]
cgueret has joined #gld
14:42:18 [Zakim]
+[LC]
14:42:24 [cgueret]
hello
14:42:24 [Zakim]
-tinagheen
14:43:11 [tinagheen]
Zakim, [LC] is me
14:43:11 [Zakim]
+tinagheen; got it
14:43:21 [gatemezi]
bhyland: Some portion of our work are coming from previous work...
14:43:45 [gatemezi]
...if we have some experts to check UC docs , it will be appreciated
14:44:41 [olyerickson]
I *think* I'm hearing that use cases are critical, but they must be relevant and there must be champions/responsible parties
14:44:41 [gatemezi]
Zakim, who's here?
14:44:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, ZacharyWhitley, gatemezi, martin?, Mike_P, sandro, +91.11.41.29.aabb, Yigal, DaveReynolds, deirdrelee, rreck, tinagheen
14:44:45 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cgueret, MacTed, DaveReynolds, rreck, deirdrelee, Biplav, Yigal, Zakim, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, ZacharyWhitley, martin, tinagheen, George, gatemezi, olyerickson,
14:44:45 [Zakim]
... bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:45:00 [bhyland]
zakim, aabb is biplav
14:45:00 [Zakim]
+biplav; got it
14:45:45 [gatemezi]
zakim, martin? is martin
14:45:45 [Zakim]
+martin; got it
14:46:40 [gatemezi]
DaveReynolds: we should concentrate on the high level UC docs..and use the tracker for more details
14:46:42 [George]
q?
14:46:47 [olyerickson]
I agree DaveReynolds' suggested approach
14:46:51 [gatemezi]
+1 to DaveReynolds approach
14:47:16 [Biplav]
q+
14:47:17 [DaveReynolds]
q+
14:47:29 [bhyland]
Topic: Community Directory
14:47:46 [gatemezi]
Tina: CD could be distributed to the Organization?
14:48:01 [gatemezi]
s/Tina/tinagheen
14:48:42 [gatemezi]
bhyland: we have a tracker on the CD, based on the feedbacl received after the 2F2F..
14:49:14 [gatemezi]
...will push it and could be distributed to any organization...
14:49:22 [gatemezi]
s/feedbacl/feedback
14:49:25 [Biplav]
Topic: AAAI Workshop called "Semantic Cities": http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html
14:49:34 [George]
ack Biplav
14:49:46 [bhyland]
tinagheen: Would like to see Community Directory pushed forward with the various FPWDs.
14:49:51 [bhyland]
Topic: Announcements
14:49:53 [gatemezi]
biplav: organizing a workshop on semanticcities
14:50:00 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #gld
14:50:10 [gatemezi]
...URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-15
14:50:16 [bhyland]
Biplav: I am organizing a workshop at AAAI-12 called Semantic Cities. I mentioned it in our GLD calls as well. I wanted to send this request to you earlier but somehow missed.
14:50:17 [bhyland]
The idea of the workshop is to discuss open data and how semantics can provide a foundation to facilitate high-value analytics.  See: http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html
14:50:30 [gatemezi]
s/http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-15/http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html
14:51:31 [George]
q?
14:51:55 [bhyland]
@biplav - suggest you connect with Dan Melton from Code for America who does a lot of city based open government publishing… not necessarily promoting W3C standards per se, but someone I feel we should be liaising with ...
14:52:00 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
14:52:13 [DaveReynolds]
ack me
14:52:21 [gatemezi]
zakim, who's here?
14:52:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, ZacharyWhitley, gatemezi, martin, Mike_P, sandro, biplav, Yigal, DaveReynolds, deirdrelee, rreck, tinagheen, mhausenblas
14:52:24 [Zakim]
On IRC I see mhausenblas, cgueret, MacTed, DaveReynolds, rreck, deirdrelee, Biplav, Yigal, Zakim, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, ZacharyWhitley, martin, tinagheen, George, gatemezi,
14:52:26 [Zakim]
... olyerickson, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:52:50 [Biplav]
Thanks for the guidance.
14:52:51 [gatemezi]
DaveReynolds: BP doc revision....
14:53:06 [gatemezi]
@biplav thanks for the announcement
14:53:50 [bhyland]
The model I'd like to see is this BP doc, see http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-mwabp-20101214
14:53:57 [mhausenblas]
q+ to ask about status of FPWD
14:54:26 [gatemezi]
bhyland: BP doc wants to make it looks like this http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-mwabp-20101214/
14:55:01 [gatemezi]
..she is re-estructuring the document.. maybe for this sunday it could be ready for internal review
14:55:07 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:56:08 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Looking at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2012Mar/0058.html and the other Transition Requests - wondering where we are … still not published?
14:56:56 [olyerickson]
+1 to following MWABP but remember it is about apps, ours isn't
14:57:16 [mhausenblas]
ack me
14:57:16 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to ask about status of FPWD
14:58:20 [gatemezi]
bhyland: the status of FPWD--still coming for next week
14:58:44 [gatemezi]
Topic: Announcements
14:59:38 [bhyland]
The Status of the 4 vocab FPWD for transition has been approved by Thomas Roessler with caveats to fix up the publication date & SOTD ...
15:00:40 [bhyland]
I'm going to email the editors with request to fix up but we are nearly there!
15:00:43 [gatemezi]
Zakim, who's here?
15:00:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, ZacharyWhitley, gatemezi, martin, Mike_P, sandro, biplav, Yigal, DaveReynolds, deirdrelee, rreck, tinagheen, mhausenblas
15:00:46 [rreck]
bye
15:00:48 [Zakim]
On IRC I see mhausenblas, cgueret, MacTed, DaveReynolds, rreck, deirdrelee, Biplav, Yigal, Zakim, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, ZacharyWhitley, martin, tinagheen, George, gatemezi,
15:00:48 [olyerickson]
Thanks George for chairing today!
15:00:52 [Zakim]
... olyerickson, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
15:00:52 [bhyland]
@george - thank you for chairing.
15:00:58 [Zakim]
-deirdrelee
15:01:03 [martin]
bye, thanks
15:01:03 [DaveReynolds]
DaveReynolds has left #gld
15:01:06 [Zakim]
-DaveReynolds
15:01:06 [martin]
martin has left #gld
15:01:06 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has left #gld
15:01:08 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
15:01:11 [Zakim]
-martin
15:01:15 [gatemezi]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:01:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-gld-minutes.html gatemezi
15:01:16 [Zakim]
-tinagheen
15:01:22 [Yigal]
Yigal has left #gld
15:01:28 [Zakim]
-olyerickson
15:01:34 [Zakim]
-Yigal
15:01:36 [Zakim]
-rreck
15:01:58 [stasinos]
stasinos has joined #gld
15:02:20 [gatemezi]
Chair: George
15:02:32 [Zakim]
-George_Thomas
15:02:33 [Zakim]
-Mike_P
15:02:35 [Zakim]
-davidwood
15:02:37 [Zakim]
-sandro
15:02:52 [gatemezi]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:02:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-gld-minutes.html gatemezi
15:03:16 [Zakim]
-ZacharyWhitley
15:04:06 [Zakim]
-biplav
15:05:38 [Zakim]
+??P26
15:05:45 [gatemezi]
@sandro: I will have some problems having attendees ..see : http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-gld-minutes.html (maybe because Zakim was invited too late?)
15:05:51 [Zakim]
-gatemezi
15:06:41 [stasinos]
stasinos has left #gld
15:07:56 [gatemezi]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
15:08:07 [gatemezi]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
15:08:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-gld-minutes.html gatemezi
15:35:01 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, ??P26, in T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
15:35:02 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
15:35:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were gatemezi, davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, +1.443.569.aaaa, Mike_P, sandro, tinagheen, DaveReynolds, +91.11.41.29.aabb, Yigal, ZacharyWhitley, deirdrelee,
15:35:02 [Zakim]
... rreck, +1.703.201.aacc, biplav, martin, mhausenblas
17:25:24 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #gld
18:14:12 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld