IRC log of webtv on 2012-03-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:55:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webtv
14:55:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/15-webtv-irc
14:55:22 [kaz]
zakim, this will be webtv
14:55:22 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; I see UW_WebTVIG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
14:55:32 [kaz]
zakim, call kazuyuki-617
14:55:32 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; the call is being made
14:55:33 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG()11:00AM has now started
14:55:34 [Zakim]
+Kazuyuki
14:56:41 [Zakim]
+??P29
14:56:51 [kaz]
zakim, ??P29 is Clarke
14:56:51 [Zakim]
+Clarke; got it
14:58:00 [Zakim]
+Mark_Watson
14:59:03 [Kilroy]
Kilroy has joined #webtv
14:59:36 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.839.aaaa
14:59:48 [Zakim]
+??P41
14:59:52 [Juhani]
Juhani has joined #webtv
15:00:26 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
15:00:27 [kaz]
zakim, aaaa is kilroy
15:00:29 [Zakim]
+kilroy; got it
15:00:43 [kaz]
zakim, kilroy is aaaa
15:00:46 [Zakim]
+aaaa; got it
15:00:48 [kaz]
zakim, Microsoft is Kilroy
15:00:50 [Zakim]
+Kilroy; got it
15:00:55 [kaz]
zakim, ??P41 is Juhani
15:00:55 [Zakim]
+Juhani; got it
15:01:06 [acolwell]
acolwell has joined #webtv
15:01:21 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
15:01:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, Clarke, Mark_Watson, aaaa, Juhani, Kilroy
15:01:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see acolwell, Juhani, Kilroy, RRSAgent, Zakim, kaz, Clarke, glenn, timeless, masao, trackbot
15:01:39 [Zakim]
+??P49
15:01:49 [glenn]
zakim, ??p49 is glenn
15:01:49 [Zakim]
+glenn; got it
15:02:16 [Zakim]
+acolwell
15:02:28 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
15:02:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, Clarke, Mark_Watson, aaaa, Juhani, Kilroy, glenn, acolwell
15:02:28 [acolwell]
yes. Just joined
15:02:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see acolwell, Juhani, Kilroy, RRSAgent, Zakim, kaz, Clarke, glenn, timeless, masao, trackbot
15:03:35 [Zakim]
+David_Corvoysier
15:03:58 [kaz]
zakim, drop aaaa
15:03:58 [Zakim]
aaaa is being disconnected
15:03:59 [Zakim]
-aaaa
15:04:38 [Clarke]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Agenda_Telco_15th_March_2012
15:04:56 [Zakim]
+aaaa
15:05:06 [David_Corvoysier]
David_Corvoysier has joined #webtv
15:05:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.536.aabb
15:05:35 [Iraj]
Iraj has joined #webtv
15:05:38 [joesteele]
joesteele has joined #webtv
15:06:34 [joesteele]
yes -- just joined
15:06:49 [kaz]
zakim, aabb is Joe_Steele
15:06:49 [Zakim]
+Joe_Steele; got it
15:06:54 [Zakim]
+??P66
15:07:18 [kaz]
zakim, ??P66 is Bob_Lund
15:07:19 [Zakim]
+Bob_Lund; got it
15:07:58 [kaz]
scribe: Juhani
15:07:59 [Clarke]
requirements dashboard: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF
15:08:02 [kaz]
scribenick: Juhani
15:08:42 [kaz]
zakim, aaaa is Iraj(?)
15:08:42 [Zakim]
+Iraj(?); got it
15:08:49 [Juhani]
Content protection Req #8 reworded: "Content protection must be useable with specific HTML5 features such as media elements (and features (such as timed tracks) within these elements)."
15:09:08 [Zakim]
+Jan_Lindquist
15:09:08 [Juhani]
Agreed.
15:09:21 [kaz]
i/Content protection/topic: Content protection/
15:09:40 [kaz]
Present: Kazuyuki, Clarke, Mark_Watson, Juhani, Kilroy, glenn, acolwell, David_Corvoysier, Iraj(?), Joe_Steele, Bob_Lund, Jan_Lindquist
15:10:07 [Juhani]
Kilroy: want to be compatible with media source element, new Req #13 ?
15:11:50 [Juhani]
Req. #9. "Media element features that are available in an implementation must be available for encrypted content as well as unencrypted content."
15:12:08 [Juhani]
Q??
15:12:29 [kaz]
(question by Joe)
15:12:35 [Iraj]
Iraj has joined #webtv
15:13:07 [Juhani]
Clarke: Intention is that certain elements are not eliminated due to encryption ... like locating ... accessibility ...
15:13:13 [mark]
mark has joined #webtv
15:14:08 [Juhani]
Bob Lund: Two issues: what source of access to media stream, accessibility thorugh various A/V tracks
15:14:26 [kaz]
s/Bob Lund:/Bob_Lund:/
15:14:50 [Juhani]
Joe: Issue with the proposal ...
15:15:28 [kaz]
s/thorugh/through/
15:16:04 [Juhani]
Bob: Enumerate text tracks .... sign, descriptive audio to be encrypted etc. ... to be detailed
15:16:30 [kaz]
zakim, who is speaking?
15:16:40 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Kilroy (19%), Joe_Steele (2%), acolwell (100%), Bob_Lund (11%)
15:16:56 [Juhani]
?: Text tracks out-of-band not covered by encryotion spec ....
15:17:10 [kaz]
s/?:/Aaron:/
15:17:32 [kaz]
s/encryotion/encryption/
15:18:20 [Juhani]
mark W: Agree wiht the out-band statment by Aaron ...
15:18:31 [kaz]
s/mark W:/markW:/
15:18:38 [kaz]
s/wiht/with/
15:18:46 [Juhani]
Mark W: Open what to do with the issue
15:18:56 [kaz]
s/statment/statement/
15:19:01 [kaz]
s/mark W:/markW:/
15:19:10 [kaz]
q?
15:19:11 [Clarke]
q?
15:19:24 [Juhani]
Bob: Describe / identify the traks in minimum
15:19:38 [kaz]
s/traks/tracks/
15:19:47 [Juhani]
Kilroy: Encryption in two levels ....
15:20:43 [Juhani]
out-of-band for the Kilroy part ....
15:21:25 [Juhani]
Mark W: clear key not specified yet where to apply to whihc extent
15:21:38 [kaz]
s/mark W:/markW:/
15:21:44 [kaz]
s/whihc/which/
15:22:26 [kaz]
zakim, who is noisy?
15:22:27 [Juhani]
Clarke: Reqs for out-of-band ... ?
15:22:38 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Kilroy (35%), Clarke (5%), Joe_Steele (66%)
15:23:19 [Juhani]
?: Limit acceptance of the solution if out-of-band not taken into account ... like Caption data
15:23:26 [kaz]
s/?:/joe:/
15:23:31 [Juhani]
?: Enough of value to protect
15:23:33 [JanL]
JanL has joined #webtv
15:23:35 [kaz]
s/?:/joe:/
15:24:07 [Juhani]
Joe ?: Support some of it encrypted
15:24:30 [kaz]
zakim, who is noisy?
15:24:40 [Juhani]
?: ...
15:24:41 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Joe_Steele (19%), acolwell (9%), Bob_Lund (52%)
15:25:34 [Juhani]
Bob: Strt and end of trakcs not ot encrypt for browsrs to make any use of the tracks (captions)
15:26:13 [Juhani]
clarke: discussion to continue, people responses asked for
15:26:21 [BobLund]
BobLund has joined #webtv
15:26:33 [kaz]
action: Clarke to work with Bob and modify the text om content protection requirement under consideration #9 based on today's discussion
15:26:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-96 - Work with Bob and modify the text om content protection requirement under consideration #9 based on today's discussion [on Clarke Stevens - due 2012-03-22].
15:26:56 [Juhani]
#10.The particular content protection method required to use the content must be identifiable. ---> Change to methods
15:29:03 [kaz]
Kilroy: would propose adding identifiable priority to downloading
15:29:11 [Juhani]
Kilroy: Add: ... prior to downloading the media
15:29:13 [Zakim]
-Jan_Lindquist
15:29:39 [Juhani]
... metadata before the media
15:29:59 [Juhani]
Mark W: Supported in the proposal
15:30:11 [kaz]
s/Mark W:/MarkW:/
15:30:16 [Iraj]
Iraj has joined #webtv
15:31:00 [kaz]
s/not ot/not to/
15:31:00 [Juhani]
MIME type is not completely descripttive .... answer of support is 'probably', not strong 'YES'
15:31:10 [kaz]
s/MIME/... MIME/
15:31:27 [Juhani]
Joe: Link to MIME type extnesions ?
15:31:29 [Clarke]
q?
15:31:41 [Juhani]
Will be provided by Mark
15:32:14 [Juhani]
#11.Any parameters required for use of the content protection method must be identified and specifiable.
15:32:18 [kaz]
zakim, who is noisy?
15:32:30 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Kilroy (10%), Mark_Watson (86%), Juhani (5%), glenn (4%)
15:32:39 [Juhani]
Mark W: Paramters in the content file itself
15:32:46 [kaz]
s/Mark W:/MarkW:/
15:33:39 [Juhani]
...: scripts independent of protection systems in the proposal
15:33:51 [Juhani]
... core idea there
15:34:15 [Juhani]
Mark W: What paramters to pass .. please provide examples
15:34:23 [glenn]
zakim, mute glenn
15:34:23 [Zakim]
glenn should now be muted
15:34:34 [kaz]
s/...:/.../
15:34:46 [kaz]
s/Mark W:/MarkW:/
15:34:53 [kaz]
zakim, who is noisy?
15:34:59 [Juhani]
....: CP specific parmaters as a requirement may be more difficult ...
15:35:04 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Juhani (33%), Bob_Lund (5%)
15:35:40 [kaz]
s/....:/.../
15:35:58 [Juhani]
Joe ?: Enforcement in CDM ... general purpose applications not able to use ... ?
15:36:07 [kaz]
s/Joe ?:/Joe:/
15:36:11 [glenn]
zakim, mute juhani
15:36:11 [Zakim]
Juhani should now be muted
15:36:53 [Juhani]
Clarke: Proposal does not violate the req ... but is the req useful ?
15:37:13 [Juhani]
Req. #11 to be deleted
15:37:39 [Juhani]
#12.Specific errors relevant to content protections must be identified and reportable.
15:38:28 [Juhani]
Req. #12 is according to our previous detailed error requirements
15:39:03 [joesteele]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/HTML_Error_codes
15:39:51 [joesteele]
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media.html#error-codes
15:40:22 [Juhani]
Is it ?
15:41:54 [Juhani]
Mark W: Earlier errors more on network etc. errors ... still to be addressed in LC
15:42:20 [kaz]
s/Mark W:/MarkW:/
15:42:28 [Juhani]
Clarke: #12 to satisfy CP proposal ... ? ---> OK
15:42:45 [mark]
mark has joined #webtv
15:43:00 [Juhani]
#13.The content protection method must be compatible with the (new) media source element as described in the adaptive bit rate proposal.
15:43:38 [Juhani]
Aaron: Compatibility should not require implementation mandatory, otherwise OK
15:43:57 [kaz]
zakim, who is noisy?
15:44:08 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
15:44:12 [Clarke]
new ABR proposal: http://html5-mediasource-api.googlecode.com/svn/tags/0.4/draft-spec/mediasource-draft-spec.html
15:44:16 [Juhani]
Adaptive Streaming - revised proposal ...
15:44:29 [Juhani]
Aaron: Source ID added ...
15:45:27 [Juhani]
...: allows two sepeate streams
15:45:46 [kaz]
s/...:/.../
15:46:04 [Juhani]
...: enables swithcing lang, different decoders, ...
15:46:16 [Juhani]
SOurce ID main API change
15:46:22 [kaz]
s/...:/.../
15:46:43 [joesteele]
s/sepeate/separate/
15:46:46 [Juhani]
...: overlapping regions, rules, ... clarifications
15:46:48 [kaz]
s/SOurce/... Source/
15:47:14 [kaz]
s/...:/.../
15:47:15 [Juhani]
...: for compatibility reasons ... to nail down details
15:47:20 [kaz]
s/...:/.../
15:47:35 [Juhani]
....: Pipesteram format ?
15:47:41 [kaz]
s/...:/.../
15:48:09 [Clarke]
bytestream?
15:48:10 [Juhani]
...: WebM and ISO file formats ... examples of usage
15:48:43 [kaz]
s/Pipesteram/Byte stream/
15:48:47 [kaz]
s/...:/.../
15:49:20 [Juhani]
Aaron: How to limit the ...
15:49:36 [Juhani]
How much data buffered by browser
15:49:58 [Juhani]
waht tpyes of splices
15:50:17 [Juhani]
sample rate cahgnes
15:50:34 [Juhani]
Appending byte ranges ...
15:51:56 [Juhani]
Clarke: Comments to authors ?
15:52:10 [Juhani]
Joe: Issues identified ?
15:52:17 [Juhani]
In section 8
15:52:43 [kaz]
-> http://html5-mediasource-api.googlecode.com/svn/tags/0.4/draft-spec/mediasource-draft-spec.html#open-issues Open Issues
15:53:49 [Juhani]
Clarke: Administrative issue ... next week not chaired by Clarke
15:54:17 [Juhani]
Joe: Progress in the new TF ? If no, then can skip next week telco
15:54:46 [Juhani]
Clarke: Proceeding well, rules under creation, to become memebr of HTML WG to contirbute
15:54:56 [kaz]
zakim, unmute me
15:54:56 [Zakim]
Kazuyuki should no longer be muted
15:55:15 [kaz]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0450.html HTML WG discussion
15:55:17 [Juhani]
Mark W: Call for Consensus coming
15:55:31 [kaz]
s/Mark W:/MarkW:/
15:55:46 [Juhani]
...: timing open
15:56:33 [Juhani]
Kaz: join HTML WG to participate ... name Encrypted Media TF
15:56:58 [Juhani]
... not much an issue as TF only to create
15:57:42 [Juhani]
Clarke: Content protection is the first priority ... reqs to be ready ... next telco after two weeks ?
15:57:44 [Juhani]
Agreed
15:58:08 [kaz]
s/...:/.../
15:58:36 [kaz]
-> http://html5-mediasource-api.googlecode.com/svn/tags/0.4/draft-spec/mediasource-draft-spec.html#introduction Section 1 Introduction
15:58:40 [Zakim]
-David_Corvoysier
15:58:42 [Zakim]
-Iraj(?)
15:58:42 [Juhani]
Kilroy: Flow diagram sect. 1 in , CDM diagram in Protection proposal ...how to look as one
15:58:43 [Zakim]
-Joe_Steele
15:58:46 [Zakim]
-acolwell
15:58:48 [Zakim]
-Mark_Watson
15:58:50 [Zakim]
-Kilroy
15:58:50 [Zakim]
-Clarke
15:58:52 [Iraj]
Iraj has left #webtv
15:58:53 [Zakim]
-glenn
15:59:00 [Zakim]
-Bob_Lund
15:59:03 [Zakim]
-Juhani
15:59:33 [Zakim]
-Kazuyuki
15:59:34 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG()11:00AM has ended
15:59:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were Kazuyuki, Clarke, Mark_Watson, +1.415.839.aaaa, Kilroy, Juhani, glenn, acolwell, David_Corvoysier, +1.408.536.aabb, Joe_Steele, Bob_Lund, Iraj(?), Jan_Lindquist
16:00:14 [Clarke]
Clarke has left #webtv
16:01:24 [kaz]
-> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media.html#introduction Section 1 of "Encrypted Media Extensions" proposal
16:01:29 [kaz]
[ adjourned ]
16:01:37 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
16:01:37 [Zakim]
apparently UW_WebTVIG()11:00AM has ended, kaz
16:01:38 [Zakim]
On IRC I see mark, BobLund, joesteele, David_Corvoysier, Juhani, RRSAgent, Zakim, kaz, glenn, timeless, masao, trackbot
16:01:53 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
16:01:59 [kaz]
rrsagent, make draft minutes
16:01:59 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make draft minutes', kaz. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:02:08 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:02:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/15-webtv-minutes.html kaz
16:02:38 [kaz]
Meeting: Media Pipeline Task Force
16:02:41 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:02:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/15-webtv-minutes.html kaz
16:02:50 [kaz]
Chair: Clarke
16:02:52 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:02:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/15-webtv-minutes.html kaz
16:03:26 [kaz]
s/Mark W:/MarkW:/g
16:03:28 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/15-webtv-minutes.html kaz
16:04:14 [kaz]
rrsagent, stop